New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default (IC) Way of the Wicked - cruise to destruction

In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send you to Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning. You are wicked and irredeemable. Each of you received the same greeting when you arrived. You were held down by rough hands and branded upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies ‘forsaken’ and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals. Condemned, you face at best a life of shackles and servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others might await the “gentle” ministrations of the inquisitors so that co-conspirators may be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps, some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps instead you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgment. In three days, the executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit.

Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered. You have all been chained together in the same communal cell dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery
    you once possessed is either ruined or long lost. No special treatment has been given any prisoner – male or female, commoner or noble – all of the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell day and night. Little thought is given to long term accommodations. At Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure. Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and fly out of this prison, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled – all that you can do now is await your doom.

For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you, hope is a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?
    Last edited by Barebates; 2016-03-22 at 12:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Way of the Wicked - cruise to destruction

Ausk let out a mighty roar and punched the wall. The seditive that had been injected into him during transport had worn off. With all three of his eyes wild with fury, the ungodly strong and furious orc roared the following sentence:

"I WILL HAVE MY VENGENCE!"

Almost immediately after screaming this, the idea that he should test his prison entered the orc's mind. He grabbed the bars and pulled on them as hard as he could.

Spoiler: Sunder Check on Prison Bars
    Show
    (1d20+7)[15]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Elise sighs as she glares at the brute and says, "It's not going to work. I've seen men stronger than you on the execution platform. No doubt they had the same idea."

She thinks, then smiles as the final part of her plan falls into place. She calls, "Guard!" her voice laces with magic, "I need a hand!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Make a DC 15 Will Check, or gain a new bestest friend, Guard.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Rolland

Rolland quietly listens to the pointlessly raging orc and the quieter human. All and all he was with her. The orc would have his uses to be sure, but not likely planning. Step one get him under control.
    "We ... all want revenge, but warning them is not the best way to start. This is the prison for the worst of the worst, so I have no doubt they can deal with an unequipped orc, as formidable as you are.
    Not one of us will escape without a plan and working together. Let's slow down a bit and let the lady work her magic."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by HappyMerecat View Post
    Rolland

Rolland quietly listens to the pointlessly raging orc and the quieter human. All and all he was with her. The orc would have his uses to be sure, but not likely planning. Step one get him under control.
    "We ... all want revenge, but warning them is not the best way to start. This is the prison for the worst of the worst, so I have no doubt they can deal with an unequipped orc, as formidable as you are.
    Not one of us will escape without a plan and working together. Let's slow down a bit and let the lady work her magic."
    From the shadowy corner of the room, the darkness seems to shift, what looked to be lack of light now reveals itself to be a pair of dark, forboding wings, draped against a pale grey man, his eyes closed, a face of hopelessness lie upon him It's not going to work... I know what you plan to do, and in the end it will.... not.... work..... he appears to have left all will to escape at the opening of the cell... erogoth had failed in his revenge... he came so close... he HAD the dagger at his targets neck.... but failed. He has given up on escape, although to pass his final hours he had worked through many attempts.... and would someone please shut up the yipping puppy? His chains are keeping me awake, and I would like to get a nap before my eternal slumber comes along.... perhaps... in another life, these brutes and bobs would have proven useful.... but alas.... this life is about up.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

The guard angrily bangs the bars and yells at the orc, "Stop that or we'll come and give you another beating! You've been warned!" His tone then seems to soften as he looks at the woman, "Yes mam, what do you need?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wolfgang Kant, the Lawbinder

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 11
    HP: 6/6
    Spell Slots Remaining: All of them

Beside the other prisoners in the turmoil filled jail cell was chained an elf with far less anxiety on his mind. Wolfgang Kant, once considered a premier in the fields of abstract law and philosophy, sat chained with a smile on his face. One of the great upsides to claiming one of the most arrogant minds on Talingarde's side of the continent had been that Kant remained calm, and was quite assured in his own eventual escape. He listened to the rage filled yells of the chained beast of a man, the soothing and clearly magic filled voice of lady next to him, and finally the rather self-deprecating words of the winged fellow.

Obviously, he was quite happy with his situation, although a few tugs upon his chains revealed that perhaps he was not in the most hospital of locations. Glancing once into the eyes of the fellows surrounding him, he said "Sounds like a plan. Now if you'd rather handle the planning, I'll be glad. Not quite in the mood to think, because deary me, these chains are rather irritating. Forced exfoliation is not quite my idea of a perfect time in a temporary visit to this hotel."

8. - Top - End - #8

Imp

Erogoth begins to make a mental checklist, watching coyly.... he gives a shrewd smile at the orc... she has some skill, not to mention luck with finding a straight male guard... that much is certain.... this will turn out good won't it? Erogoth rests his head on the joint of his wing, letting out a small yawn looks like I'm awake now he mutters quietly to himself

He looks to the smiling man, his ego.... delicious.... his kind always has the best death face and wails when they realize that there death is inevitable.... ego just can't take it, erogoth uses a feather to clean his teeth so true puppet.... but just imagine the quality of your skin afterwards? Your corpse will no doubt be quite the pretty one... unless your a burner.... or taking a nice limb removal like myself erogoth says in hushed tones to him he moves his head to the direction of the smooth talking girl care to watch the show? She seems to be doing quite well so far
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-03-22 at 10:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Elise smiles simperingly to the man, saying, "These chains are so awfully tight...I don't suppose you could give me a minute to stretch? I promise, I won't try to make a break for it or anything...I just need you to unlock me so I can stretch. I'd rather not face being burned at the stake while also barely able to move...Wanna give the crowds a good showing, you know?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cha Check because I think it's necessary: (1d20+4)[24]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Ausk fell silent, glowering angrily at the guard.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Rolland

Rolland watches out of the corner of his eye. Not sure what he could do he watches and waits for any opportunity.

12. - Top - End - #12

Imp

Erogoth stays awake, eyeing the rest, happy to finally have quiet, but these two talkers... one with skill... one with spells.... they seem to be trying so very.... very hard.... there odds have increased... 4.5% of escape.... enough to stay awake for a few more minutes
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-03-23 at 08:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wolfgang Kant, the Lawbinder

Spoiler
    Show

AC: 11
    HP: 6/6
    Spell Slots Remaining: All of them

Upon being verbally approached by the strange winged fellow in the corner, Wolfgang shifted his attention away from the now entered guard, letting the lady handle him on her own. Whatever wiles she wished to utilize would either fail, and leave him more room in hisome cell, or allow him to escape faster than his original expectations had been.

Raising an eyebrow at Erogoth, and not once letting his smug grin dip, he exclaimed in a shallow and quiet voice, "How dreadfully dreary such an end sounds. Still, I do hear that rigor mortis ain't so bad for us paragons of beauty, so I shall give you the confirmation of your statement. Not that I need worry, for I don't plan on staying at this party long enough to experience that. Come on lad, let's give her a few cheers, eh? Of course, wait until the fat lady sings first, of course. Wouldn't want to ruin any artful process.", before also turning his head to look upon the rather one-sided conversation going on in their cell.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

The guard looks at Elise, "I'm not supposed to let anyone out of their shackles... but I suppose a few minutes out of them wouldn't hurt, I'll go get the keys." He then walks out the dungeon door and about one minute later you all see the door open again, though it's not the same guard that left.

You see Sergeant Tomas Blackerly, the man who branded each of you, walk in leading 6 armed guards in to the room. He points at Roland, “You there! That’s the scum! Get ‘em unshackled. If any of you makes trouble, they’ll earn a thrashing! Today’s your lucky day, scum. You’ve got a visitor. How you ever warranted such a fine lady is beyond me. Seems she wants to say good-bye. Now step lively. We wouldn’t want to keep her waiting.

None of you expected anyone to come and see you.

The guards open the cage, unshackle Roland, and lead him out of the dungeon. He is lead into a room adjacent the room outside the dungeon and shoved into a chair at the end of the table, where he sees a hauntingly beautiful woman in an elegant black dress and soft silken veil. She looks as if she is headed to a funeral. Her hair is so platinum as
    to almost be white and her eyes are a vibrant almost unearthly green. She clearly has been weeping.

Oh, dearest,” proclaims the unfamiliar woman. “I’m so relieved you’re alive!” She quickly turns to Tomas. “Could we please have a moment alone, good sir? For pity’s sake?” Tomas goes blank for a bit and then quickly agrees. “Of course, my lady. For you,’ tis no problem.

Roland notices that this woman has some kind of mental control over the guards, but doesn't know how. As soon as the guards leave, her demeanor immediately changes. She drops all pretense of grief or concern. She is immediately all business. “Have you forgotten me, dearest?” the unexpected visitor says with a smirk, dropping her pretense of grief. “Call me Tiadora. We possess a mutual friend who would like to meet you and your fellow cell-mates. Unfortunately, our friend is unwilling to visit you in your present rather shabby accommodations so it seems you must escape. Don’t be so dour. Just because it’s never been done before is no reason you can’t be the first. If you manage that, cross the moors on the outskirts of town. On the old Moor Road you’ll see a manor house with a single lantern burning in the second story. There our mutual friend waits. That is all I know. He did want me to give you this.” She takes off her silken veil and wipes away a few fake tears with it. “Something to remember me by, dearest.

Her message delivered, she is impatient to leave.

She rises and the guards return. Immediately, her demeanor once more changes and she is again a perfect picture of grief. “No, I can’t bear to leave you!” She gives Rolaa kiss on the cheek. The kiss is ice-cold and feels somehow alien
    and inhuman.
    Tomas shakes his head. “I’m afraid it’s time, miss.” She looks deep in Tomas’ eyes and says, “Thank you for letting me say good-bye. There’s no need to search my dearest. You are such a good friend for letting me see my dearest one more time.

Such a good friend,” Tomas repeats his voice almost mechanical. Then the watch sergeant seems to snap out of it and bows politely. “A pleasure, madam,” She leaves unveiled. Her eyes meet with Roland's one last time and she briefly gives them a wicked smile. “Three days,” telepathically echoes in his mind. “Don’t disappoint me, dearest”. The visitation concluded, Roland is taken back to his cell by a cadre of guards and shackled once more. They lock the cell and all the guards leave the dungeon.
    Last edited by Barebates; 2016-03-23 at 10:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have something," Ausk growled.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Elise's head droops to the side, thoughts of a victorious speech forgotten as she watches the guard lead Roland out, then says, "Hells...That's not something you see every day." Her demeanor then worsens as Roland is led back to the cell, and the guard she had charmed seems to vanish, and says accusingly to the man, "Well, then. Guess you went and scuppered my last chance at escape, huh? I hope your little visit was worth it, because we are all gonna die. So good job, there. Really. I've always wondered what being burned alive felt like."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Rolland

Rolland sits heads down as he is chained once again to the wall, but once the guards are gone he raises his head and pulls out the veil and examines it.

18. - Top - End - #18

Imp

Erogoth laughs at elises disheartening, now that wasn't long now was it? Ha! Hilarious.... well worth my remaining time... his voice starts to trail off when he sees the veil .... something was amiss... there was some strange power to it... although he couldn't tell why. Erogoth strains his neck trying to get a better look at the gift
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-03-24 at 03:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

Rolland examines the veil and this is what he sees:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cloth has...stuff..."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Rolland

Rolland ponders the veil and then quietly asks no one in particular, "Is this magic?"
    "There was a woman, Tiadora, who gave me this. She was controlling one guard I think and ... maybe not human. She said we had a mutual friend and we, all of us, were to escape and gave me this. There are pictures on it of things we could use."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Ausk sat quietly.

23. - Top - End - #23

Imp

Roland feels the veil tug away from his hand, not hard enough for him to loose his grip, but enough to sense an unseen force,erogoth hand is pointed to it, just a finger, he eyes it carefully.there is something magical about your trinket... let me see it

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Rolland

Rolland resists the tug for a moment then with a conscious effort releases it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Elise looks frustrated as she listens to the story and says, "Great. I don't suppose there's a file in there? Or better, some keys?"

26. - Top - End - #26

Imp

Erogoth eyes set on the strange cloth, when it reaches him, he places it on his wing, as to let his hands test it, he tests the fibers, trying to disern what magic lies within

Spoiler: roll
    Show

Rolling spellcraft

(1d20+8)[19]

27. - Top - End - #27

Imp

Erogoth sighs.... this magic is quite powerful.... which only makes him more curious, fully awake, he begins to run his hands over the pictures on the tapastry, looking for some activation mechanism or something... he is reminded of a certain necromancer's cloak....he pulls at one of the swords stitching

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    umd rolling, praying I didn't just fudge everything up :X

(1d20+5)[22]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

RangerGuy

As Erogoth pulls on the stitching of the dagger design on the veil, it releases and morphs into a medium sized dagger.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Chimera

Rolland

Rolland's eyes open wider and he grins evilly. "Now we are talking. I could use that. What else is in it?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Imp

Erogoth holds Tha dagger in his hand, in awe.... these disigns.... they're tools.... 60... no 70%. he looks at them,the rope, the pentagram, the bag and... crowbars? He shakes his head, turning to Rolland where did you get this?!?
    Edit: he looks at the crowbars.... he tugs on the stitching, on the bag as well, he leaves the rest on it
    Last edited by 1Freakinninja; 2016-03-24 at 04:56 PM.