New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] Zman's Heros for Hire IC I

Pau'la winced as the axe dug into her body, but refused to let it affect her concentration. She swung hard and quickly, before the Orc could strike again.

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Lathander please be with me,

(d20+8)[9]
    (d10+3)[13]

(d20+8)[28]
    (d4+3)[6]
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Ercard rushes headlong towards the downed guards, a spell on his lips but not enough breath to run and cast at the same time.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Dash to AH8.
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Pau'la brings the haft of her halberd around, a hard cracking sound echos accross the field as the weapon splits the Orc's head open and it crumples...

Only the sleeping guard and Orc are left on the field.... the moans can be heard of the downed guard...

Spoiler
    Show

(6d20)[13][18][18][10][9][20](88) Looks like the guard is going to make it all on his own.

Last edited by Zman; 2016-01-20 at 04:11 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Now that the immediate danger was dealt with, Pau'la turned to assisting the wounded. She first turned to the guard she knew was alive, gently laying on of her hands on his wound, and whispering a prayer to Lathander that his time not be now. So engrossed in her work, Pau'la didn't register other things happening around her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    using Lay on Hands to heal 5 HP.

If Zaar wants to kill the Orc, now is his best chance.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

While Pau'la is tending to one guard, Ercard kneels by the other to make sure he's alright. And, while Ercard and Pau'la are both occupied, Zaar keeps watch for trouble--which he finds in the form of one orc that isn't dead yet. Suddenly, the last orc finds itself wealthier by the amount of two steel blades.

Ercard looks up as his friend stabs the slumbering orc, but the bard doesn't seem at all perturbed by what just happened. In fact, he isn't looking at the orc at all; he's looking northward.

"I wonder how things are going for the Shieldsworn."

6. - Top - End - #276

Zaar

Zaar relished in the sound his two blades made as the removed the Orc's head...

Guard

The young man wakes as Ercard breaks his own enchantment, as he shakes the spell sleep from his eyes he thanks Ercard, "Thank you. Thank you. I didn't think we were going to make it.". Concern crosses his face as he turns towards his companion, a wave of relief as he sees his companion conscious tended to by Pau'la.

A shout can be heard from the north,mother glow of fire seen in the distance. At least one of the buildings is ablaze...

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Pau'la's head jerked at the snapping sound. "What was that for?! He couldn't do anything?"

8. - Top - End - #278

Zaar

Zaar shakes his head, "Now he can't. Ever."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fire" clips Ercard, and he rises to his feet while finally reloading his crossbow.

He looks down at the two guards "Can you two run and carry buckets, or do you need rest?"

And he looks at his companions "Are you wounded?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Pau'la was so shocked by her companion's actions and blaze attitude, she was at a loss for words. She struggled for a moment to articulate what so horrified her about executing a helpless opponent. But Ercard drew her attention again before she could pull together a coherent response,, and she rushed to him for instructions. He seemed to know more about the subject than she did.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing no complaints, Ercard begins hustling toward the fire. "If you don't want to fight, find something to carry water. If you're fighting, lets spread out a little--something must have slipped past the shieldsworn."

And, as he jogs, he keeps his eyes open for any sign of what that might be.

Show
    Perception - (1d20+1)[14]

12. - Top - End - #282

Northern Gordondale

The guard slept Ercard know they'll stay, keeping watch for anoth other attacks.

Zaar smirks when asked if he was wounded, finding the question amusing.

As the three of them hurry Northward they first see Max standing in front of his Inn, standing with his weight on his left leg, that fine sword from over the mantle strapped on his hip. Sir Raweley can be seen walking towards them, his night shirt stained dark red. Further beyond him you can see the grainary ablaze, it looks as if it's a lost cause,mother townsfolk have stopped the blaze from spreading and are trying to save as much grain as possible.

Sir Rawley

Yelling to the group, "Good to see you are alive! Status?".

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

"We'll live; the orcs won't" says Ercard, his attempts at nonchalance spoiled by his lack of breath. After he slows briefly to catch a second wind, he takes a quick look at how the townsfolk are trying to save grain. If they aren't just dumping supplies outside, he asks "Where is Myrl's cart?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

"Been better, but I'll live." Pau'la said shortly, still angry with Zaar, but not wishing to argue at the moment. She took the moment to tend to her own wounds, calling on Lethander's blessing.

Show
    Using the rest of the Lay on Hands to heal Pau'la for 10 HP, just in case.

15. - Top - End - #285

Sir Rawley

Sir Rawley nods his head, "Good good, we faced maybe a dozen here, killed many and the rest fled to the Northwest. We lost a few men.... Too many. Even one of my Shieldsworn was wounded. But should survive."

Myrl's cart is where is was left the night before and isn't in any danger.

Zaar

Zaar catches his breath...

Spoiler
    Show

Second Win (d10+2)[3]. Wow...
    Last edited by Zman; 2016-01-24 at 10:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

"Good, good..." says Ercard. "Well, good enough. We should likely help with the granary."

And, following his own advice, he watches the efforts a few seconds longer to see what efforts are underway, then lends his aid any way he can.

17. - Top - End - #287

Sir Rawley

Sir Rawley responds, "Townsfolk are moving water as fast as they can well it, so unless you can summon a rainstorm you'll just be getting in their way." He chuckles, trying to find humor in a rough situation.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Ercard sighs, but nods to acknowledge that Sir Rawley is right. And so, without much to do, the bard ends up casting his gaze about listlessly. He's half looking out for more attackers, but half just unsure what to do now.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Pau'la scowls. She was a Paladin. She should be doing something to help.

Show
    May Pau'la do a Perception check?

20. - Top - End - #290

Gordondale

As Luna and Phynn make their best time towards the small town of Gordondale, their keen elven eyes catch sight of a light orange glow off in the distance in the direction of the town, as they get closer the orange glow seems to be fading in the early morning dark...

Sir Rawley

The Shirldsworn Knight of Hulburg motions towards a man approaching, he indicates its Rayford Wheatley, the town clerk and effective Mayor.

Rayford Wheatley-Town Clerk

The balding thin man in his early sixtees approaches, not nearly as nimbly as he would have in his younger years. He adjusts his spectacles as he looks at the group of three, frowning when he sees Zaar, "Sir Rawley, aren't you going to dispatch your men after them? To run them down?!

Spoiler
    Show

Its easier just to make one and I'll tell you if it did anything, haha.

Now, in this aftermath Luna and Phynn will be arriving back in the town.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Phynn

Phynn sees the orange glow worries immediately about his new friends he left behind. He urges Luna to hurry, knowing full well that she is doing the best she can and will certainly hear about it later.

As they near the town, the lack of guards concerns Phynn, and he tells Lady Beldoran, "Milady, whatever happens, don't leave Luna's side until we see how safe it is." They move through the destruction, Phynn assuring Lady Beldoran that things will be okay. Once they spot their friends, they make their way to them. Phynn waves to Ercard, Pau'la and Zaar.

He looks at them, and briefly asks, "Situation?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Luna

Luna throw her head at Phynn's slight dig and went to a full gallop for the last several miles. Her head tossed as they finally made it to the city's edge. She would hustle to the city's center stopping once Phynn moved to Ercard, Pau'la and Zaar. Luna would dance left and right, signifying she was done with being a service animal. Once the Lady took the hint to get off. Luna would shift back, stand amid the destruction and analyze the aftereffects of an obvious attack.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

Anyone hurt or in dire need?

(1d20+5)[12]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

"Orc atta-" begins Ercard, who is standing about in a tunic and weapons belt and not much more. Then he takes in that Phynn isn't armed or armored, and that Luna isn't armed or armored, and that there's an extra person with them.

"What did you do?"
    Last edited by Townopolis; 2016-01-27 at 03:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Phynn

Phynn thinks for a moment before answering Ercard. "We...uhh... He looks to Luna and gives her a thoughtful look for a moment, biting his lower lip. We, uhm, tracked the bandits to the cave they were hiding in. We....negotiated with them. Negotiations went pretty quick, really. Then we, uh, went in the cave and got her out, he says indicating Lady Beldoran. "That's pretty much everything. Then we ran back here. Looks like just in the knick of time, huh? You guys look like you're in trouble."
    Last edited by Fishybugs; 2016-01-27 at 03:40 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Gordondale

Ercard notices that as soon as his gaze rests on the woman she flinches away from his gaze stepping noticeably towards Luna.

Zaar

He half naked Half Orc spattered in his half kin's blood lets out a hearty laugh when he seen how exhausted and worse for the wear, "Aggressive negotionation, my favorite time... But I usually end up with more weapons and no women."

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone is ok.

Also, only Luna and Phynn know Sara's identity,mat least till she speaks up.

Last edited by Zman; 2016-01-27 at 11:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Pau'la-

Seeing the others from their team approaching, alive and well brought Pau'la's spirit up a little. She hurried up to them and smiled. "Congratulations on a successful mission. Lathander must have blessed you.We have been working on our own-" Pau'la's smile tightened. "Slightly less successfully."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Phynn

Phynn looks around at his friends. "Is there anyone around you've met we can trust? A temple or something?"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGirl

Luna

Luna shifts closer to Sara and turns to notice the girl's trepidation of men. This is probably due to recent events, "It is okay I know them." Luna was still somewhat stewing over losing her mother's totem. It hurt to have the last piece of her ripped away, but she still had her memory.
    Last edited by ncpunkin; 2016-01-28 at 02:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Ercard shakes his head. "No temples, but Sir Rawley here seems trustworthy enough. He's a shieldsworn from Hulburg, sent up to fend off the orc attacks like this."

The bard looks again at the lady, then at Sir Rawley. When he opens his mouth again, he is clearly choosing his words carefully. "Sir Rawley has taken custody of the lady's remains and has sent word... I believe... to Glister and Hulburg about the tragedy."

Again, his gaze goes to the lady, and he says in a soft voice "I am very sorry."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Phynn

Phynn looks at Ercard momentarily, then glances to where Sara stands with Luna while he thinks. While Sir Rawley is occupied somewhere else, Phynn talks in a low tone to Ercard. "We need someone we know we can trust." He pauses a moment, then adds, "Preferably a female. This is Lady Sara Beldoran we brought back with us. She was posing as her handmaiden for the journey. Until we know who is behind the attack, we can't let her out of our sight."

Phynn takes a quick inventory of himself and adds, "Of course, the bandits have all our stuff. There were at least six of them, and it was all we could do to get away. We'll be no good to anyone until we can replace some of our gear."