New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Too be fair, venoms vulnerability to fire is all over the place. I remember a screencap of him recoiling from a lighter once. Here, its #4 on the list.
    That pic is from a comic about Spider-Man feeling stuck in a rut, like he's doing the same things over and over. Basically, he goes through every one of his comics' cliches in a single day, and they're accelerated for the sake of parody. E.g. a "maybe I should throw away my costume and retire" plot is re-enacted over the course of two panels.

IIRC the last page is Spidey walking into an alley saying "The only thing that could make this day complete is a hero vs hero fight over some silly mistake", followed by a cut to an angry Ben Grimm saying he just stepped on his doughnut.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2017-03-23 at 03:29 PM.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    According to their Tigerzord vs Epyon...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Power Rangers just get a flat x32 boost because they all draw off the same "morphing grid" power source.
    This annoys me because not only is Senichi one of the stronger Dekarangers (the Japanese version of the character used to get this number), but if we go back to Super Sentai several teams have explicit sources for their power that are vastly different and do not draw upon the same power source (IIRC some series have problems where rangers have limited power sources, I want to say Megasilver but I'm not that far in Megaranger).

That's ignoring the fact that a power source is a power source, and whatever uses it will matter a lot more when it comes to strength until we're trying to draw more power than it can handle. Assuming that the SPD rangers draw upon the 'morphing grid' to it's maximum potential and that SWAT Mode doesn't increase the user's strength or draw from the grid in any way then we can say that no ranger can do more than lift a car (actually a pretty decent limit on a ranger's strength, I don't think I've seen anything that beats it in SS or PR). Then again whether this is a fixed strength level or a boost, and if it's a boost whether it's additive or multiplicative matters a lot.

In short I trust the Death Battle team with the Power Rangers less than I trust them with any other character.

I am hoping for a Kamen Rider as either the opponent for the Power Rangers or as a combatant in the future though (certainly not Kuuga, maybe Double?), mainly because they do have official stats* for how strong their punches and kicks are and I want to see what Death Battle does with that (my guess is they'll ignore them and pick numbers out of thin air based on how this Rider once picked up a vending machine or something).

* Of course they got to ridiculous extremes at certain points, but I don't think anything Death Battle hasn't extrapolated before.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    This annoys me
    Same here, there are different ways to access the morphing grid and we're shown intentionally different levels. Like SPD B squad's SWAT mode was designed to make them as powerful as A squad, Super Megaforce expressly considers their new transformations a power up, Dino Fury's Triassic Ranger is created by stealing other ranger's powers, and several super modes (super dino mode for example) and some battlizers (dino and galaxy) since the red ranger only learns how to access it would qualify as examples too.

We also have negative examples, like Zordon claimed if the Zords were destroyed they would lose their powers, well they were and the Power Coins were destroyed too, twice. Ninja Storm's morphers were drained too and it kind of became a running theme for ranger's to lose their powers near the end of a series like In Space and I think Mystic Force. It's impossible to state the "morphing grid" was drained because it continues to exist even if the method of contacting it is erased.

Then you have the alternatively powered rangers, like the Zeo rangers or Lost Galaxy's Quasar Sabers. And that's just directly accessing the "morphing grid", several directly augment them selves using external power ups. Like MMPR's shiny defense increase was powered using Earth's magnetic field, Mystic Force used magic, Galaxy used the Lights of Orien, and so on.

It's impossible to state all rangers are equal in power.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

It's probably going to be ninja turtles or transformers

5. - Top - End - #815
    Colossus in the Playground

I dont think it will be the turtles, they have already had two bites at the death battle apple.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #816

RogueGuy

Yeah but it fits with the nostalgia of the power rangers

7. - Top - End - #817

In that case they must combat the samurai pizza cats. Its the only way to be fair. /nod

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #818

RogueGuy

Did samurai pizza cats get a new live action movie in the past couple years?

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hmm, what about Voltron? Mighty Morphing Power Rangers vs. Team Voltron.

The Megazord (and its variants) versus Voltron itself. Honestly I just want a swordfight between two giant robots here.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

I think they're going to fight the Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

11. - Top - End - #821

Before they form the megazord it will be summons versus separate zords of course. Gotta follow it in proper stages. :p

Im calling it now, it will be power rangers versus the Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills!

*EDIT* You really have to watch the intro to truly appreciate the awesomeness. Here.
    MWAHAHA! Another convert to my initial idea!

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

...I should start keeping score.

The next Death Battle is: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers vs Team Voltron!

So, who do we think will be walking away from this combiner mech vs combiner mech swordfight? I'd give the Rangers the advantage on foot, but Voltron... that's going to give the Megazord some trouble. Can the Megazord even fly?

13. - Top - End - #823
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Very fitting matchup, Power Rangers is practically "Voltron: The live action series!".

At first I thought that it would be a curb stomp for Voltron, as animated works and especially space anime tend to work on very high power levels. But Voltron is actually pretty tame for a giant mecha anime and the Megazord really packs a punch for a live action series. Voltron is probably faster and more agile, due to being animated instead of a live action model, but the Megazord probably beats it in raw strength.

My prediction is that DB will declare this a very close match, but in the end Voltron will win due to its overpowered sword and better mobility, much like the way Epyon won its Death Battle against the White Ranger/Megazord. Also, Voltron's crew, while young, are professional soldiers, while the Power Rangers are teenagers with an attitude.

Actually, everything I said reminds me a lot of the Epyon fight. Mobility, powerful sword, and experienced pilot(s) versus raw strength. Therefore I firmly stand by the prediction that Voltron will win in the end.
    Last edited by Seppl; 2017-03-27 at 03:24 PM.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

I guess I'll just agree with Seppl.. It's the next Power Rangers Vs Anime and the Rangers suffer similar problems...
    A Zord might be able to keep up with a more real robot mecha, but Voltron is quite clearly out of their league. I mean, they don't have zero chance but...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

There's little doubt that the final blow with be a Blazing Sword vs. Megazord Sword (does that have a name?) single stroke battle, right?

And in that case.... I'm leaning Blazing Sword. It's on fire!

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    There's little doubt that the final blow with be a Blazing Sword vs. Megazord Sword (does that have a name?) single stroke battle, right?
    It's been a while since I've seen any Zyuranger, but the sword certainly had a name in that. It was yelled to summon it. (Then again, the Zyuranger equivalent of the Megazord is literally a god, so it's possible that America just decided not to name the sword).

But yeah, if we don't have this I'm going to be annoyed, it's not like the sword was used as anything other than a finisher in about the first half (all I've watched so far).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

I dunno Megazord sword is pretty cool too.

It's apparently the "Mega Sword" so it gets extra points for extra cheese too.

18. - Top - End - #828

The megasword causes monsters larger than skyscrapers to explode through a beam of energy, thats a pretty powerful weapon. I just watched the old voltron and its basically a regular giant sword. I dunno if other variants give it an energy blast attack or not. If not, then the megazord has a range advantage with its ultimate weapon over voltrons ultimate weapon.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The megasword causes monsters larger than skyscrapers to explode through a beam of energy, thats a pretty powerful weapon. I just watched the old voltron and its basically a regular giant sword. I dunno if other variants give it an energy blast attack or not. If not, then the megazord has a range advantage with its ultimate weapon over voltrons ultimate weapon.
    Legendary Defender Voltron has a few new tricks up its sleeve, yes. Each Paladin can give Voltron a different weapon by plugging their personal weapon into it. Which includes several ranged options, including a shoulder mounted laser, a flame thrower, a freeze ray, and a gun that makes plants sprout out of the target.

The Blazing Sword, of course, if formed when all five Paladins plug their weapons in simultaneously. And makes everything go all Gurren-Lagann styled sketchy-art.

I think if Voltron wins, it'll be a mobility victory. If you can fly and have ranged weapons... and your opponent does not. You win.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Megazord can't fly (at least the Mighty Morphin' one) but it has ALL the guns and can jump pretty good.

Also just watching through some of those videos it also has a blazing sword.

21. - Top - End - #831

Devil

Watched the preview video for this, i guess its going to be classic Mighty Morphing rangers only, i wonder if the dragonzord or, perhaps more importantly, Titanus are going to show up.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking forward to the fight. Obvious winner is obvious but it will still be fun nontheless. Voltron has the advantage in Strength, speed, durability, and damage output here. It's got ftl flight, while The Megazord is landbound, and each lion is possible more powerful than the full megazord.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2017-03-28 at 06:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #833

RogueGuy

Yeah, this fight seems to be ludicrously uneven. again. First I think the Power Ranges have this in a Melee no mech fight. I don't even know if the Voltron Pilots really fight out of their mechs. Do they? I mean on the same level of the Ranges. By that I mean in two stages. First Normally, then as the Power Rangers. That way, I think the Rangers are way more powerful. Then as the Mechs. I think both sides usually skip over the individual mechs, and go straight into the Combined forms. Right? I mean, if this fight was going to be even matched it would be at this point right?

Who would win with the individual Mechs fighting. I think the Voltron cats are pretty comparable to the Yellow Rangers Mech.

In the Full formed Mech, I think Voltron is to uneven in the otherside.

Wait are they counting the White Ranger in here too? Doesn't he have some power ups or something. Something to do with the talking dagger right?

24. - Top - End - #834
    Troll in the Playground

My understanding of Voltron as a weapon is it's all-but-god-like, but remains challenged in its own universe by the sheer scope of its adversaries. In the same sort of way Captain Harlock's Arcadia is nigh-invincible but for the fact it's facing EVERYTHING, and even then you pretty much have to throw planets at it before you could hope to inconvenience it.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As I see it, on foot, it's the Power Rangers win, and it's not even close. Going by the Legendary Defender crew, I'd say Shiro and Keith could keep up, but the other three... no. Pidge vs. Billy, maybe.

Individual mechs, lions vs. dinosaurs. Team Voltron. Like, seriously Team Voltron. Each Lion has its own super weapon, and they actually fight with squad tactics in mind. Do any of the individual Zords even fight all that much? T-Rex and Pterodactyl, maybe, but the other three?

Megazord vs. Voltron. Voltron should take it, it has weapons and mobility as its big advantages, but it all comes down to its pilots there. Voltron also has the edge that it apparently will shatter into the five Lions before taking enough damage to be destroyed. And yes, they can recombine. If you want to kill Voltron, you have to first be powerful enough to force it back into Lions and then take out at least one Lion before it comes back. That's a tall order.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

As I see it, on foot, it's the Power Rangers win, and it's not even close. Going by the Legendary Defender crew, I'd say Shiro and Keith could keep up, but the other three... no. Pidge vs. Billy, maybe.
    Even assuming start of show Billy (who wasn't a good fighter, but he became better later), Billy could still tear Pidge in half with his damn bear hands. In terms of raw musculature, Billy('s actor) was the buffest of the crew, and Pidge has your standard anime twig body.

Individual mechs, lions vs. dinosaurs. Team Voltron. Like, seriously Team Voltron. Each Lion has its own super weapon, and they actually fight with squad tactics in mind. Do any of the individual Zords even fight all that much? T-Rex and Pterodactyl, maybe, but the other three?
    Occasionally, particularly when they're trying to harass an enemy that can't keep up with them. So they circle them a bit, get a few hits in like a wolf pack, and then combine for the finisher.

Megazord vs. Voltron. Voltron should take it, it has weapons and mobility as its big advantages, but it all comes down to its pilots there. Voltron also has the edge that it apparently will shatter into the five Lions before taking enough damage to be destroyed. And yes, they can recombine. If you want to kill Voltron, you have to first be powerful enough to force it back into Lions and then take out at least one Lion before it comes back. That's a tall order.
    I think the Megazord hands down has the weapons advantage. I don't know much about Voltron but looking at the wiki their weaponry seems fairly unimpressive by Megazord standards. It has a sword, the Megazord has a bigger sword. It has a gun, the Megazord has like 5 giant laser cannons. It can punch things, the Megazord can punch things while wolves and gorillas roar in the background, which makes them 200% more powerful, at least.

Mobility goes to Voltron.

Durability is a toss-up for one reason: Multiple Megazords. Detroy one, they just get in another. It has roughly the same effect as Voltron deforming and reforming.

I think it'll be a closer match than some think.

27. - Top - End - #837

They dont do it often but yes, the individual zords can and have fought. Not just the red dino zord or the green godzilla zord. I think, not know, but think, that each one has its own special attack of sorts. I still think the megazord has a range advantage as its ultimate attack is a sword beam that makes skyscraper sized monsters explode as well as its other energy attacks.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

They dont do it often but yes, the individual zords can and have fought. Not just the red dino zord or the green godzilla zord. I think, not know, but think, that each one has its own special attack of sorts. I still think the megazord has a range advantage as its ultimate attack is a sword beam that makes skyscraper sized monsters explode as well as its other energy attacks.

Quite true. Each Zord can fight on it's own. And they have some good weaponry. Nothing that keeps up with Voltron's arsenal though in terms of firepower. Though the biggest gap by far is speed. Voltron can literally fly rings around the megazord.

29. - Top - End - #839

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Quite true. Each Zord can fight on it's own. And they have some good weaponry. Nothing that keeps up with Voltron's arsenal though in terms of firepower. Though the biggest gap by far is speed. Voltron can literally fly rings around the megazord.
    Im digging deep into my childhood memories here but i think that the red and yellow zords were just simply better at combat than the others(i.e. better base stats), but the others had special abilities, if i remember correctly, the triceratops could launch its horns out and grapple enemies with chains, the mastodon can shoot a freezing attack out of its trunk and the pterodactyl can shoot lasers.

Correction: the Trex and sabertooth had special things too, red had seismic roars and yellow had a tail cannon, the triceratops also had a tail cannon.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2017-03-28 at 08:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Banned

The Megazord is powered by the sun.
    Superman is powered by the sun.
    Therefor the Megazord can beat Goku.

And to Goku, a Voltron lion is an unmade sandwich for lunch.