New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions

1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    Then you might be one of the very few. People be crazy about Skyrim politics. Crazy.
    It's pretty simple, do you want unconditional equality and restrict religion, or give religious freedom and have the Argonians and Dunmer honor their alliance with the Nords?

I'm a Stormcloak myself
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Umm... you do know they where about the size of a turkey, dont you?

And saddly, if anyone wants to hunt the deadliest critter, then some deet and a fine net is what you will want. Not a gun.
    But where's the sport in that? (yes I still quote Python after 30+ years, isn't that what RPG'ing is really for?)
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    (yes I still quote Python after 30+ years, isn't that what RPG'ing is really for?)
    There are ways of telling if it for quoting Monty Python.

What do we do with RPGs?
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

4. - Top - End - #424
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

I once cheated on a test, but because I'm so dang lawful I immediately felt guilty and put down the answer I would have put down, instead of the right one.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

I actually used to sort of like Jar-Jar

Keywords: used to

6. - Top - End - #426
    Firbolg in the Playground

I never got what was wrong with Jar Jar.

I also think the first prequel was the best of the three. I think the blunder in the prequels was taking a franchise which had built everything around the obviousness of who is good and who isn't and try to reform it through some sort of political build-up and a show of gradual transformation.

I also think that Jar Jar > Grievous, Anakin, Jango. I am actually sorry he got deleted from the following movies, and he would have been a much better alternative than R2 having a lot of superskills. R2 actually felt somewhere between wasted and overused, like Yoda.

Who knows, maybe what we needed were prequels that didn't revolve around Anakin. I would have enjoyed those.

I also never understood what string theories are.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I thought Jar-Jar was female.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

I hate competitive Smash Bros (aka Final Destination/Omega stages only, no items, 2 stock matches) and I hate it when competitive players bash me for not playing this way.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

I envy religious belief.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    I hate competitive Smash Bros (aka Final Destination/Omega stages only, no items, 2 stock matches) and I hate it when competitive players bash me for not playing this way.
    I feel the same way about competitive fighting games in general (Tekken in particular) as well as competitive Magic: the Gathering. When people take a game that seriously it loses all the fun, at least for me.

11. - Top - End - #431

Competitive, collaborative card games with old people. I don't think I'd make it out of there alive.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Competitive, collaborative card games with old people. I don't think I'd make it out of there alive.
    My grandparents (well, grandmother and her second husband that she married when I was a teen) were bridge players. They used to argue about the games they played, sometimes hours or even days after the fact, so much that it was hard to believe they actually enjoyed playing.

I know my mom said her mom took the game so seriously that it turned her off from ever wanting to learn it.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Seriously competitive players hate the For Glory ruleset too--it's more limiting than tournament rules. So take comfort in knowing the people who want to play this way are prooooobably scrubs who only play randoms online.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I feel the same way about competitive fighting games in general (Tekken in particular) as well as competitive Magic: the Gathering. When people take a game that seriously it loses all the fun, at least for me.
    How can you play Tekken not competitively?

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I envy religious belief.
    I'm not sure how this is bad or embarrassing (but this is coming from a religious person)
    I slept with a teddy bear until I was 12

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

I slept with a teddy bear until I was 12
    I haven't stopped.

Well, not bears specifically, but still.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

I still have my bear. He's been augmented with a dolphin, because all bears should have the chance to ride a dolphin.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Umm... you do know they where about the size of a turkey, dont you?

And saddly, if anyone wants to hunt the deadliest critter, then some deet and a fine net is what you will want. Not a gun.
    Depending on how you define deadliest, you might want to go for a bunch of vaccines and antibiotics instead.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I think blue jeans look really ugly, I don't understand why people wear them.

It bothers me how informally people dress these days. I like wearing a suit and tie and hope to have a job where I can some day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Why be Evil when you can be Lawful?

20. - Top - End - #440
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like the look of formal clothes (suits, ties, etc.) but I hate wearing them. They restrict my movement and have fake pockets, and ties feel like they're choking me.

What I want to see come back into style are cloaks. They're like jackets, but longer and classier.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

It's pretty simple, do you want unconditional equality and restrict religion, or give religious freedom and have the Argonians and Dunmer honor their alliance with the Nords?

I'm a Stormcloak myself
    My confession relates somewhat to this.

When I played Skyrim I hated both sides and actively chose neither. I also got one of the first dragon thingies and then never did them again as I felt magic was better (conjuration all the way ). I have never progressed in the story line at all despite playing quite a bit.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2016-05-09 at 08:23 AM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    My confession relates somewhat to this.

When I played Skyrim I hated both sides and actively chose neither. I also got one of the first dragon thingies and then never did them again as I felt magic was better (conjuration all the way ). I have never progressed in the story line at all despite playing quite a bit.
    I found the main quest to be pretty fun. Also, while conjuration can be one of the most powerful schools, it can also be the most boring. Once you have a follower and two atronachs out, you are the designated loot bot

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

I found the main quest to be pretty fun. Also, while conjuration can be one of the most powerful schools, it can also be the most boring. Once you have a follower and two atronachs out, you are the designated loot bot
    I never actually used followers. I mostly just hide in the shadows while I summon creatures and once the enemy is distracted I sneak up and just keep attacking hoping for that instant kill from Razor (assuming they are not one shotting my summons...if they are I have to fight a retreating battle summoning as many creatures as I can while retreating to not be murdered).

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

24. - Top - End - #444
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by MrZJunior View Post
    I think blue jeans look really ugly, I don't understand why people wear them.

It bothers me how informally people dress these days. I like wearing a suit and tie and hope to have a job where I can some day.
    Unless I'm dressed up for a performance or work (I'm studying to be a Music Teacher) I literally wear nothing but blue jeans.

They are so darn comfortable, are widely accepted pretty much anywhere you go, and they are made of a nice, sturdy material that doesn't stain too easily and is perfect for hard work outside.

In fact, I wear blue jeans so often, that it earned me the nickname "Denim 4 Lyfe" at the summer camp I work at. I have since changed my YouTube screen name to denim4lyfe.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Norrefve View Post
    Unless I'm dressed up for a performance or work (I'm studying to be a Music Teacher) I literally wear nothing but blue jeans.

They are so darn comfortable, are widely accepted pretty much anywhere you go, and they are made of a nice, sturdy material that doesn't stain too easily and is perfect for hard work outside.

In fact, I wear blue jeans so often, that it earned me the nickname "Denim 4 Lyfe" at the summer camp I work at. I have since changed my YouTube screen name to denim4lyfe.
    The only pants I own (besides dress pants) are blue jeans

26. - Top - End - #446
    Colossus in the Playground

I actually use cotton & linen trousers and dress shirts with the occasional waistcoat or blazer as my everyday wear. Convenient, useful, adaptable. Dress shirts do fine with the sleeve roll too so works for warm weather as well (at least warm weather in Finland). They come in a wonderful array of colors to suit the mood and are flexible enough for dancing and most kinds of aerobics (ones with the right cut at any rate).

Though I'm actually rather fond of fullbody garments á la yukatas (浴衣) - quite convenient in the summer and rather stylish. A bit restrictive in terms of motion and generally lack anything resembling pockets as major downsides though but I've found those downsides tolerable overall workable (and really, making one with inside pockets seems obvious).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

I enjoy disco.

28. - Top - End - #448

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I enjoy disco.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

I actually don't like Skyrim, especially since I've played Fallout, Dark souls, and started playing D&D since then. The voice acting was flat, the character building was just boring, the quests were repetitive within 30 minutes of the game, and the main story was idiotically linear for a game that was supposed to emphasize freedom. There were few legitamate plot choices that could be made in the game, and even fewer that weren't obviously one sided. I could go on for hours, but I think I'll save that rant for later.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post
    I enjoy disco.
    I enjoy disc co.

for all your disc needs!