New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Haunted House Game Night

Norman continues to scratch furiously. "Damn fleas, they're dead but still biting at me. I gotta get out of this house... the damn prize better be worth it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Indigo chokes on her drink when she sees the pair of ghosts show up.

((I'll be voting for Eggel for attempting to implicate someone (me) because of some other person's actions this early is very iffy. Also I read Cuthalion more as town for suggesting what he did. A wolf wouldn't just onboard his dead buddy's random wagon. Note: random. It was day 1. The wolves had no information so no particular reason to go after anyone. Two wolves pushing a wagon that hard day 1 and 2 wouldn't make very much sense so I find pretty much everyone on the Cuthalion wagon fairly suspect.))
    ((Why, might I ask? I've seen Cuth all over WW threads on this forum, so I suspect that he knows well enough to just ignore outed wolves, but all he's done so far is pull votes away from the Vortexer and onto a villager, and use WIFOM logic to try and give traction to an outed wolf's voting target. I agree a wolf might not normally risk the suspicion associated with pulling from a wolf's lynch wagon, but for a wolf power role? They might risk it. Furthermore, it's now day 2, and the only difference in knowledge we have from day 1 is day one's votes. So it seems to me that throwing pressure at those who tried to pull votes away from IF is a logical start.
    Also, in Eggel's defense, I think he was more throwing it out as a theory, not a hard fact. He said you were a possible wolf, not a definite one. But, in your defense, I agree that Cuth's defense of you doesn't automatically you a wolf, even if Cuth is.))

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

((Given recent experience, assuming people know well enough not to do X isn't a good assumption to make. Also there are reasons someone might do things that are sub-optimal intentionally. I'd have been more suspicious of anyone leaping to agree with Cuthalion on the idea than Cuthalion himself as he either could be fishing for wolves or just making the mistake of not ignoring dead wolves. I might have agreed he was still the best suspect together due to other factors, but Eggel went and did two things I felt were highly suspect at the same time.

Edit: And we're not going to learn anything from having only one wagon.))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2016-02-17 at 12:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

((Given recent experience, assuming people know well enough not to do X isn't a good assumption to make. Also there are reasons someone might do things that are sub-optimal intentionally. I'd have been more suspicious of anyone leaping to agree with Cuthalion on the idea than Cuthalion himself as he either could be fishing for wolves or just making the mistake of not ignoring dead wolves. I might have agreed he was still the best suspect together due to other factors, but Eggel went and did two things I felt were highly suspect at the same time.

Fair enough.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

((@all: I'm very sorry that I wasn't on today. I was sick and things got a little vomit-y)).

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

((Sorry to hear that man. I was sick yesterday. Not vomity though, thankfully.))

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

((Ah, sorry to hear you're sick, BoP. That's lousy. Sorry to hear you were sick too Ramsus, I hope you're feeling better today.))

- - - Updated - - -

The ghost notices one of the people speaking and turns to him. "Cuthaaaalion, you kiiiiilled me."

((OOC: Yeah, I definitely think we should vote for Cuthalion. He explicitly decided not to vote for me and said, quote, "it's probably not a good idea to kill everyone who's putting in effort." Then he voted for me anyway when Internet Flea was in danger of lynch and I was the counterwagon. Not towny at all. Definitely a wolf move.

And we're not going to learn anything from having only one wagon.
    We're not going to learn anything either from adding more wagons, stirring up arguments and confusion, and letting the wolves hide wherever it's convenient, especially if they know their votes aren't going to matter anyway. Better to just lynch an almost certain wolf, hope he's a wolf power role, and give the seer more time to network.))

7. - Top - End - #127

This will help then Ramsus

norman250 Come with me if you want to live.
    Darn it Whisper !

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... This Norman dude sounds nice. Plus I think he helped us out a bit yesterday. Immer walks over to Norman and greets him. After listening to some discussion, Cuthalion.

((Reading back through the thread as I now have time to catch up and pay attention, I'd say Cuthalion's vote for Norman is the wooliest thing he has done. It looks an awful lot like a wolf thinking he can throw away a vote and find a random lynch of a villager day 2. There's not really much more to add, though, because people have really already outlined what he has done.))
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Has anyone noticed over the past that i don't typically stick with a poorly reasoned vote for all of d1?

@Disc Lorde. I tied wagons, not "tried to save IF". This showed us that

a)IF was willing to break a tie in your direction
    b)norman wanted to save you
    c)luizeu wanted to save you

I would have moved my vote around if it was necessary at EoD. It would not have changed the conclusion whatsoever, so I left my vote where it was. Assuming, that is, the typical tie lynch of person who reaches it first gets it.

There isn't really anyone that looks terrible from the lynch yesterday. Except, well, IF.

To address a few more concerns:

"but all he's done so far is pull votes away from the Vortexer and onto a villager, and use WIFOM logic to try and give traction to an outed wolf's voting target"

a)I tied the wagons. I did not say "PEOPLE COME AND VOTE HERE!" I explicitly did that, as I have in many other games, to gain information, as I said in the post.
    b)I was also not recommending we put all our votes there and lynch today, it was more of a proposal. Part of this is probably due to the fact that I've been playing in higher activity locations so changing your vote around is a big part of the game. Anyway. I assume some of you noticed I unvoted last afternoon?

And yes. Some logic is slightly WIFOM. But that doesn't necessarily mean you can ignore it. The evidence is definitely not strong enough to lynch norman. I never hoped or expected to, and we definitely shouldn't. But nobody profits if everyone remains silent and focuses on one player who's the target at the time. After their lynch, there's only a tiny sliver of material to go off of.

That said, what is Luizeu doing starting a counterwagon on Ramsus in particular? Do explain.
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2016-02-17 at 10:01 AM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

10. - Top - End - #130

(( one single wagon doesn't reveal much more information. The way I see it Ramsus doesn't look too good either, so win-win
    But, Cuth, can you explain again how I wanted to kill disc lorde by voting on IF ? ))

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    But nobody profits if everyone remains silent and focuses on one player who's the target at the time. After their lynch, there's only a tiny sliver of material to go off of.
    Apparently you agree with me as well
    Darn it Whisper !

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

But you can't just go off and start wagons without actually picking someone who has some sort of evidence against them. If there's a reason you voted Ramsus in particular, please enlighten us when you vote.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Laurence put on the animatronic head, and tried to emulate what exactly a fox would look like. He heard over his earpiece, "Remember, this is only your first day on the job. Don't do anything too crazy. Just rattle a few of the contestants if you can. We want them to be scared, but not dead." Laurence nodded slowly, locking the head into place. "Oh, and try not to die. We've had... complaints."

I'm not getting a good vibe from GAAD. His post count is high, but the content is low. He's not really making any effort to find wolves. His first vote on day one was for Luizeu, who looks pretty good, now. He later had that joke post about making as many ties as possible. I'm never too fond of "yay we got a wolf" posts. And thus far today, he has provided the third vote on the only bandwagon without providing really solid evidence. There were also a number of unexplained votes and immunity votes for him, yesterday. Ramsus gave reasoning, the others either gave no reasoning or shaky reasoning.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2016-02-17 at 12:34 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

((Oh right. Immunity votes. norman250 since Luizeu wants that and Cuthalion implies it's a good idea so odds are good (for now) that this isn't a bad choice.

Luizeu. You cannot just say I "don't look good". You have to explain why. Because I pointed out the Cuthalion lynch was fishy? Because I didn't automatically agree with reasoning you agree with? Because I'm voting for someone I provided valid reasons for voting for? You have to actually say why. So that we can determine if you have a point or not. As is, you've moved yourself up into highly suspect territory.))
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2016-02-17 at 01:25 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

RP to follow later, when I'm not at work.

So, Disc Lorde and I have decided that the benefits of keeping my role secret are now outweighed by the benefits of revealing it. I am the other mason. Since this is a game where the dead may speak in the main thread, Disc Lorde will be on later to verify my claim. Village power roles, please PM me so that I may get a network going before I am untimely killed. I know its not normal to claim unless in danger of being lynched, but with an actual dead mason able to confirm my status, and with me not really having an advantage with Disc Lorde dead, it just seemed like a good gambit to try and get a network started. So... like I said, let me know, power roles.

Also, as for the Cuth wagon, I am actually a little perturbed by how many people jumped on it so fast. With a game as small as this one, I feel like there's a good chance that there may be some wolves on that wagon. He's still going to be my target for now, as I still think he's the most likely wolf out of the available wagons (for all the aforementioned reasons), but I am open to other targets if someone wants to put forth who they find suspect.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"My name is Disc Lorde and I confirm this Mason."

((OOC: Confirming, Norman is indeed another mason. Town power roles, please contact him.

Also, what does WIFOM stand for?))

16. - Top - End - #136

Still a little sick but now with the added stress of plan rehearsals! Yay!

Cuthalion and Norman250 to try to not get AL'ed. Hopefully this sickness will blow over soon.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

... you guys do realize that immunity was a day 1 thing, right? That's why it isn't in the main rules.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    ... you guys do realize that immunity was a day 1 thing, right? That's why it isn't in the main rules.
    Figured as much.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Laurence put on the animatronic head, and tried to emulate what exactly a fox would look like. He heard over his earpiece, "Remember, this is only your first day on the job. Don't do anything too crazy. Just rattle a few of the contestants if you can. We want them to be scared, but not dead." Laurence nodded slowly, locking the head into place. "Oh, and try not to die. We've had... complaints."

I'm not getting a good vibe from GAAD. His post count is high, but the content is low. He's not really making any effort to find wolves. His first vote on day one was for Luizeu, who looks pretty good, now. He later had that joke post about making as many ties as possible. I'm never too fond of "yay we got a wolf" posts. And thus far today, he has provided the third vote on the only bandwagon without providing really solid evidence. There were also a number of unexplained votes and immunity votes for him, yesterday. Ramsus gave reasoning, the others either gave no reasoning or shaky reasoning.
    Yeah, well, I still suck at this game. I was an Immunity bandwagon, from what I can tell. And the reason I'm going after Cuthalion was BECAUSE I agree with Ramsus' reasoning, namely that Cuth is attempting to sling suspicion every which way, including towards Norman, who is Mason. The dude IS suspicious, and I think we should lynch him.

As for "not really making any effort to find wolves"? Well, I try not to change my vote unless I have a good enough reason to. I fished Luizeu, who took out a wolf and is now town in my eyes.

Looking back though, I see Rain Dragon only made ONE post, versus Internet Flea. I mean, he might be totally clear, but it seems like distancing to me. I do think we should off Cuthalion today. Still, though, let's see what probing Rain Dragon does. Do you have any reads?
    Hi! I'm a Girl At A Desk. I like DnD and Path of Exile a lot.

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show

By Howl

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    I'm not getting a good vibe from GAAD.
    He's immune until Night 2, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Also, what does WIFOM stand for?
    Wine In Front Of Me. This link explains it better than I could.

In this specific case, we might expect that IF is voting for Norman because he wants Norman dead. Except that's what he'd expect us to think, so maybe Norman is a wolf, except he'd expect us to think that, so... and then it dissolves into circular reasoning.
    (Of course, now we know Norman's role. But that's why people were calling it WIFOM earlier.)

Luizeu, an explanation for the vote on Ramsus would be great.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

In Cuth's defense, I would like to acknowledge that I am a Mason, NOT a seer.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

My name is Internet Flea and I can also confirm that norman250 is a Mason.

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    In Cuth's defense, I would like to acknowledge that I am a Mason, NOT a seer.
    I've got a Seer.
    Last edited by Internet Flea; 2016-02-17 at 09:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

The dull man, who was so uninteresting that he already seemed to be a ghost for all intents and purposes, metaphorically melted out of the woodwork. "This fellow clearly ought to go."

((In light of recent events, I'll go ahead and throw in on the Cuthalion wagon.))

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

-- OOC post --

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    That's where you're wrong! AHAhaha HahAH!

HaHA!
    Bite me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and change my vote to Cuthalion now. I looked back, and I noticed how he voted for Disc Lorde. Disc Lorde was the one who was attacking a (possible) wolf comrade Ramsus. Cuthalion tried to defend his teammate. When the bandwagon shifted to IF, he didn't say anything to not attract any attention. Simply put, he's a wolf.
    This is a rather strange post if you ask me. This argument seems based around Ramsus being a werewolf rather than Cuthalion's vote, but I may be confused. Would you explain, if I do have the wrong of it?

Cuthalion's posts since the Norman vote earlier give me a more towny vibe.

Unvoting Cuthalion for now

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    ((Ah, sorry to hear you're sick, BoP. That's lousy. Sorry to hear you were sick too Ramsus, I hope you're feeling better today.))

- - - Updated - - -

The ghost notices one of the people speaking and turns to him. "Cuthaaaalion, you kiiiiilled me."

((OOC: Yeah, I definitely think we should vote for Cuthalion. He explicitly decided not to vote for me and said, quote, "it's probably not a good idea to kill everyone who's putting in effort." Then he voted for me anyway when Internet Flea was in danger of lynch and I was the counterwagon. Not towny at all. Definitely a wolf move.

We're not going to learn anything either from adding more wagons, stirring up arguments and confusion, and letting the wolves hide wherever it's convenient, especially if they know their votes aren't going to matter anyway. Better to just lynch an almost certain wolf, hope he's a wolf power role, and give the seer more time to network.))
    That said, low to no discussion days with people all voting in the same direction aren't very good for town.

Also, re: Cuthalion, I'm not as sure, though we really didn't learn anything from the tied wagons from the vote you are referring to. I just looked back and saw this. Unrelated, that really. Typically though, it's a decent enough idea particularly on D1.

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Yeah, well, I still suck at this game. I was an Immunity bandwagon, from what I can tell. And the reason I'm going after Cuthalion was BECAUSE I agree with Ramsus' reasoning, namely that Cuth is attempting to sling suspicion every which way, including towards Norman, who is Mason. The dude IS suspicious, and I think we should lynch him.

As for "not really making any effort to find wolves"? Well, I try not to change my vote unless I have a good enough reason to. I fished Luizeu, who took out a wolf and is now town in my eyes.

Looking back though, I see Rain Dragon only made ONE post, versus Internet Flea. I mean, he might be totally clear, but it seems like distancing to me. I do think we should off Cuthalion today. Still, though, let's see what probing Rain Dragon does. Do you have any reads?
    I also only had one post overall on D1.

I agree with what's been said about you; you look a bit fishy considering the high fluff to low content ratio.
    Why do you think Cuth is 'slinging suspicion'? Afaict his vote on Norman was not very convincing at all.

I have a null read on Cuth and Ramsus.

I'm unsure how bussing would go in this game considering the dead don't truly die. Luizeu's vote was also only a few hours before EoD. In a game where the dead only lose PMs, would you clear Luizeu so solidly so readily? I think it's unlikely he's a wolf but hesitate to clear him, especially given this day's posts (as others have pointed out).

Norman clearly town.
    Duck also looks good from D1. Would like to hear from him though.

There are some very quiet people. They're hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    The dull man, who was so uninteresting that he already seemed to be a ghost for all intents and purposes, metaphorically melted out of the woodwork. "This fellow clearly ought to go."

((In light of recent events, I'll go ahead and throw in on the Cuthalion wagon.))
    Which recent events?
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Now I say, what is going on in here?"

Grandalt walks into the room where most of the others are, medals glimmering on his chest.

"I take off for a nap and now there's ghosts and radios and more people present."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hmm. I'm starting to feel like Cuth getting lynched is what the wolves want, judging by how many people have joined me on the wagon. Cuth, If you're still around, any alternatives you want to put forth? I see that you crossed out your most recent vote.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Bite me.
    That's what fleas doOoOoOoOhh!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

((@Silent Interim: Yeah, like Rain Dragon said. What recent events? ))

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Hmm. I'm starting to feel like Cuth getting lynched is what the wolves want, judging by how many people have joined me on the wagon. Cuth, If you're still around, any alternatives you want to put forth? I see that you crossed out your most recent vote.
    Look at Elenna, GAAD, or BoP. All viable, I think.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

((@Silent Interim: Yeah, like Rain Dragon said. What recent events? ))
    That would be the scry result PM.

ThePhantom, because it's just fitting.
    Spoiler
    Show