New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Arcade Games WW

1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Arcade Games WW

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm pretty willing to change my vote at this point since I don't think I'm going to get anything more out of norman right now. And given the amount of people on ImperatorV and his last few posts I don't really see a compelling reason for me to jump on that too.

Do you mean you feel there's nothing more to get out of the current situation, or that I've ignored a question of yours? Because if I had, I assure you I didn't mean to, and would be more than happy to continue speaking to my actions if you'd like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    So I'm going to say this now before it becomes a problem: I'm going to have rehearsals until 6 all this week, till 7:30 for the two weeks after, and performances for those two weekends.
    Fun! What's the show?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Fun! What's the show?
    The Boy Friend.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

@Norman: Basically I meant that I still found your behavior a bit suspicious despite your explanation, but I feel I need more to go on than that and that I don't really have anything to ask you/point out about your behavior at the moment.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Lex-Kat - Started the first day two bandwagon for no reason, later claimed to be encouraging discussion - but has only four posts in this thread none of which are discussing anything. Red flag.
    I'm not usually a very active discussion participant at the beginning of the game. But here. Have something.

First post: Um.... I declared I was playing. Sorry if that upset you?

Second post: As is my usual starting move, I choose a player for random. There is usually no reason, but if there is, it is usually a Meta reason, and therefore not intended to be taken seriously.

Third post: It'd been five hours since Day began, and the only post was from a ghost. I hate being the first to vote, especially on the second day, for the very reason of what happened following my post. Two players followed my lead, voting for Cuthalion. For why? I have no clue. People seem to do this to me, All. The. Time. I'm like a pixie pied-piper.

Fourth post: So then of course I have to defend myself, because now people are voting against me because I once again inadvertently led a bandwagon with no reasoning at all. This is the story of my Werewolf/Mafia* life. I had two players voting for me before I said something. If I had waited, it may have been more, and possibly get past the point of no return. A lot of players vote, and never look back. This has also happened to me more than once.

* The games people. I am not admitting that I am anything. Sheesh!

Fifth post: This one. Where I explain all the posts before and vote for ImperatorV. Welcome to the game.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2016-02-29 at 09:28 PM. Reason: So I could edit a link for this post into the post.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #95

Im so sorry. Weekends have been a mess. Ill contribute more in a few hours.
    Darn it Whisper !

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    So I'm going to say this now before it becomes a problem: I'm going to have rehearsals until 6 all this week, till 7:30 for the two weeks after, and performances for those two weekends.
    Ooh! What's th-

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Fun! What's the show?
    Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Fifth post: This one. Where I explain all the posts before and vote for ImperatorV. Welcome to the game.
    See, this rubs me the wrong way. If we're just going to off somebody without giving any reason behind the votes, I'd much rather get rid of someone who isn't talking or isn't adding to the discussions at hand.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

I have a reason. He's after me.

Point me at someone else and give a reason. Because honestly, I haven't seen anyone who is all that wolfy to me, including ImperatorV.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, just trying to get a read on everyone, and not getting much of one.

The fact that someone is quiet never seems suspicious to me, if anything, it's the people who talk too much that arouse doubt in me.

I just don't feel a hundred percent comfortable voting for anyone right now.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #99

I think we are going at it the wrong way. The only way for town to gather information is by lynching or making a network. The Seer (if theres one) could start on it. I'll put my vote on lulz
    Darn it Whisper !

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, the more I think on it, the more I'm suspicious of two people, and since I think one of them would be a wasted vote at this stage, I'll vote for ImperatorV

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Who is the other one?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 2 Over

The day comes to a close. Many people only showed up in the evening, but they managed to decide one person who seemed an awful lot like a bad guy. All he did was hop around and look at people quizzically, not a very good guy-like trait. They corner the strange man and capture him, locking him away in his name so he can no longer disturb the peace. However, the peace continues to be disturbed.

During the commotion, someone snuck by the slot machine and grabbed a prize that was deposited. Anyone watching closely saw it was a power that the figure picked up.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Someone has a power up.
    Imperator V has died. He was Q*bert, a seer/fool.
    Cuthalion and lulz have each missed one day of voting.

Begin Night 2

I'm giving you guys 48 hours because it took so long last time.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2016-03-01 at 06:29 PM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

That was unfortunate.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Hopefully he was the Fool.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Why didn't he claim?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Why didn't he claim?
    I have to wonder this as well.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Why didn't he claim?
    First of all, we were all so suspicious of him that we wouldn't have believed it (I know I wouldn't)

Second, he automatically becomes a target for the night-kill. He had no way of knowing if he was going to be baned or not.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    First of all, we were all so suspicious of him that we wouldn't have believed it (I know I wouldn't)

Second, he automatically becomes a target for the night-kill. He had no way of knowing if he was going to be baned or not.
    Yeah, but, better be a target for night-kill than already dead by nightfall.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Why didn't he claim?
    Probably because he's new. I said he wasn't wolfy, he was new. Nobody listened.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

It happens. I just hope that he still wants to play in other games.

Now, if in those other games, assuming he continues, he is constantly lynched within the first three days like some others I have played with, I wouldn't blame him at all for not wishing to play anymore. If you wish to honor his playing, look at the list he made and decide what makes sense. Perhaps his newness allowed him to see things we jaded players missed.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Who is the other one?
    The other person I was suspecting is Penguinator

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    The other person I was suspecting is Penguinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Probably because he's new. I said he wasn't wolfy, he was new. Nobody listened.
    I highly disagree, I think this post is very strong town.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Penguinator is a great player. One of my favorites. It'll take a lot more than words to make me see him as strong town. He's good enough to sound town, even when he's a wolf. I'll keep a neutral stance on him.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

From most town-y read to least:
    norman250 - Most town looking so far. I think his votes have been reasonable, and he's playing sensibly. I very much approve of his vote for Eggel.
    Pelican - Weak town read. Seems to genuinely have found ImperatorV suspicious, rather than playing "follow-the-leader."
    Thematthew - Says he's busy. Little to read, but I agree with his vote for Eggel.
    Silent_Interim - Weak town read. He's actually trying to foster discussion, and I approve of his Eggel suspicion.
    Ramsus - Hard to read. First day doesn't really tell us anything. He explained his Cuthalion vote satisfactorily. Did not join the ImperatorV wagon, so that helps him a little, but he did give him an FoS very early on. Weak town read, overall.
    lulz - Asks where everyone is. Proceeds to post so infrequently that there's really nothing to read from him. I only think he might be town because he could have saved himself day one.
    Cuthalion - Tied up first day, down a life. Probably not a wolf or a mason; I'd think either party would have made more of an effort to break that tie. Early wagon with little to no reasoning today. Voted for ImperatorV with no reason, then got off of him. Kind of eh overall.
    BasketOfPuppies - Eh read. Doesn't really add anything to the conversation. Loses points for saying "lulz is new" and then voting for ImperatorV in his second game.
    Felandria - I'm just going to throw this into the "new player" bin. Does not look good, especially for voting for ImperatorV after his self-defense.
    Luizeu - Huge red flag. Saves some points for not making the easy ImperatorV vote. But post 99 is bad news. Anyone who recommends starting a "follow-the-seer" for the rest of the game does not look good in my book. Especially in an "all-powers" game. He's been playing long enough that he should know better.
    Lex-Kat - Looks downright awful. Started a bandwagon with no given reasoning. Post 94 is a red flag. Voted for ImperatorV after his defense of himself, which I think is one of the worst things people did today.
    Eggel - Incredibly wolfy. Put a third vote on lulz with zero reasoning given. Put a whateverth vote on ImperatorV, gave zero reasoning, and didn't bother to say another word when I called him out on it. Post 107 is a red flag. "We were all so suspicious of him." What? Half the people said they weren't really suspicious of him, and you didn't bother to give any reasoning as to why you were suspicious of him in the first place.

Also, bonus wolf points to anyone who said, "lulz is new" and then voted for ImperatorV (in his second game) anyway.

And finally,
    Spoiler
    Show
    Penguinator: Wolf!Penguinator could have easily voted for Cuthalion at the beginning of the day and let it go. Wolf!Penguinator could have also easily voted for ImperatorV and called it a day. I'm sure there are wolves on the ImperatorV wagon. But no, Town!Penguinator asked us to either provide reasoning for Cuthalion votes or switch. Town!Penguinator asked us to lynch literally anybody but the seer, but everybody else was content to ignore him and do just that. Town!Penguinator is talking a crap ton because no one else seems to care one way or the other, and Town!Penguinator is one of the few people who was cheated in the "all-powers" game and doesn't have a fancy night action or anything else to give him information. In fact, Town!Penguinator has all the penalties of his role with none of the privileges. Right now, he is basically a fancy villager with a special title. To top it off, he knows he's not the only one with the same restriction.

What needs to happen: We start pressuring people and ask them for roleclaims. If they give one that's satisfying, we switch to someone else. We can't keep doing this "I'm going to put one vote today, and then never look at the forum again" business. There needs to be a dedicated level of discussion. And most of you are supposed to have some kind of power, you should have some information to give, whether you're voting for someone or defending yourselves. But you can't just kick back and wait for your powers to do all the work for you. We may have lost the Seer, so there is no sitting back and waiting for your powers, or someone else's, to figure out the game for you.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

I really really like Penguinator's post.... except I really really really don't like how he keeps acting as if he made any serious effort to save ImperatorV when he did no such thing and acts like he somehow knew, and wasn't just randomly guessing like everyone else, that ImperatorV was a bad lynch. I also don't care for his complaining about his role as if he thinks he's going to be the only person in an all power roles game whose power doesn't involve taking an action during the night phase and/or doesn't give information. He knows how these things work and that kind of complaint is just rude to the narrator. Especially when he doesn't know anything about what other roles people have. He's on more than one occasion overreacted to people doing the same in games he's run, so I know he knows how rude what he's doing is.

So basically that post sounded really town, but my gut on all level says "GRRRRRRRR we should lynch this guy".

On re-examination it seems most of his "town" reads come from "thinks Eggel is suspicious". While Eggel is indeed behaving suspiciously, this shouldn't really be enough to put someone in the really likely to be town zone all by itself. At least not until Eggel actually flips wolf or something.

Edit: In case I didn't make this clear, we should always be suspicious of anyone playing the "I told you so" game when they did not in fact tell us so in any meaningful way.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2016-03-02 at 01:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

@Pengu: as (and admittedly weak) defense, I was completely unaware that Imperator was newer too. Did I miss a post saying this?
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2016-03-02 at 03:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks Penguinator, for adding me to you most wanted list. At least now I know they won't night-kill me. I await the lynching tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2016-03-02 at 04:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    lulz
    Guest in the Playground

I thought it was night? Meh

lex-cat
    Last edited by lulz; 2016-03-03 at 01:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by lulz View Post
    I thought it was night? Meh

lex-cat
    It is night.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Eggel - Incredibly wolfy. Put a third vote on lulz with zero reasoning given. Put a whateverth vote on ImperatorV, gave zero reasoning, and didn't bother to say another word when I called him out on it.
    I put a vote on lulz simply because it was the first day. People take random jabs at people, it's just how it works. I gave the third vote so that someone would die. We only learn info if someones dies, not loses one health.
    Voting for ImperatorV at the time seemed as good as any other option. And reasoning? It's just random, we don't have enough info to make solid arguments, and I don't have info via night power. I jumped on the bandwagon because I had no clues to vote for others. I guess I should stray from the herd next time, see where that takes me.
    Bother to say a word? I'm going on record here and saying that this is my second WW game, and from what little experience I have is that the second you start defending yourself, people just see it as a sign for wolf and jump on it. You have to accuse someone else to gain traction, and I couldn't think of anyone, so here I am, on the watch list.