New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

"Well where are my manners. My name is Michelangelo Salidivinski. But my friends and lazy people just call me Mick. I am from a version of earth that had just started exploring our solar system when we started running into aliens. Being all human we jumped right in. I got a job with this company that writes and updates, well they call it a book, The Guide. It is more like a big constantly updating database.

I am a writer for the guide. So I have been traveling around for several years now, I am not sure when I started hopping between realities, probably some shoddy warp drive. I ended back up on earth a few times, and it was never the one I left behind. So I keep traveling and writing up articles and uploading them to The Guide."

He says giving his head a tap. "The mechanical parts I had expressed concern about losing."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"A Guide? Hmm." Kate ponders that a moment. "Well, a pleasure meeting you, Michelangelo." One can only assume she neither wishes to presume friendship nor be seen as lazy. "So, remote data upload? I can only assume you're using the...oh, what did Stone call it...Internet? Hm!" Obviously there's no visual confirmation, but the tone there implies a sort of smile; Kate's voice doesn't usually imply a lot of emotion, but she seems to be trying to sound warm, maybe even playful. "One can only hope the editor hasn't written you off as batty yet."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Internet? Maybe something like it. Extranet? Yeah it does seem extra netty. Haven't found a spot where I couldn't upload.

The battier the better in their eyes. At least last I checked. Managment of the guide has changed several times since I started working there. I still input articles because of some contractual obligations, but I don't get much out of the relationship. So the editors can look forward to my article's about removing electronics from a brain pan, and the review of this fine establishment.

I tend to find other ways to support myself finding odd jobs here and there. Which is something that I am going to need to do at some point. Though I can probably sell my truck for some more cash."
    He says as he randomly picks a drink of the menu to try.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

4. - Top - End - #814
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Second Floor

A curtain is pulled, and our succubus finds herself reborn. Her first experience is better than she ever thought it would be. All the days with the ever-encroaching suddenly seem worth it, though she'll still be happy when it's gone. Perhaps how she is is better after all.
    Artie is similarly placed in the bed, not in the least bit concerned that her upper body isn't covered. When Azren turns around she looks down at herself, a hand to her bosom. She quickly composes herself by the time he turns.
    "No, I don't. It's awful for you, you know. " she says with a please sigh, leaning back against the pillow.
    "Though I believe the proper line is that we're always smokin'." she says, giving him a nudge with her hip.
    Azren blows a little plume of sweet-smelling ochre smoke and takes the wooden pipe out of his mouth. He holds it off to the side out of courtesy as he leans over Artie, propping himself up on one elbow. "So they say. For most people. My father's smoked a pipe as long as my arm for the last eight centuries or so, and he's in better shape than I. Maybe it's just awful for most people," Azren says, the obvious indication being that he isn't like most people. He gives a gentler grin at her play on words.

"One of us is, at any rate. Though smokin' or not, you seemed a little..." His husky voice hesitates. "I dunno. Inexperienced? For someone who cuddled up to me as quick as you did..." He suddenly rakes his fingertips across Artie's bare stomach, underneath the blanket. He goes on in a slow, easy afterglow tone, "Not that the experience or the cuddlin' was a bad thing, mind you."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #815
    Pixie in the Playground

A young, male, half-elf loudly enters the tavern. "MY NAME IS BLU-er... JOSHUA AND I WOULD LIKE SOME CIDER!" He then proceeds to sit down at the bar. "I'll take one of whatever cider you have."
    Last edited by Vivee; 2016-09-05 at 03:03 PM.
    Tomorrow is the future, but time isn't real.

Heads up: I don't care what pronouns you use for me as long it's not 'it'.

Who reads signatures anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

Second Floor

Artie giggles at the touch.
    "Well, I just thought it was high time I finally have my first time. I've been chasing girls for ages without any lucl but I decided that maybe I ought to try a real man. I think I made the better choice. Now I just need to see if I can keep him." she says with a wink.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Internet? Maybe something like it. Extranet? Yeah it does seem extra netty. Haven't found a spot where I couldn't upload.

The battier the better in their eyes. At least last I checked. Managment of the guide has changed several times since I started working there. I still input articles because of some contractual obligations, but I don't get much out of the relationship. So the editors can look forward to my article's about removing electronics from a brain pan, and the review of this fine establishment.

I tend to find other ways to support myself finding odd jobs here and there. Which is something that I am going to need to do at some point. Though I can probably sell my truck for some more cash."
    He says as he randomly picks a drink of the menu to try.

There's a moment of silence from Kate at that. "How strange." She's never heard of an institution that favored mad articles. With perhaps the exception of tabloid newspapers. "I may have to look into this guide. Its contents sound...interesting."

Kate hums a tune as she thinks a moment.

"I would be lying if I called it a job, but I own an apartment in Eastside that you could use for a time if you require lodging." A beat. "I do not currently require the bed.", she deadpans.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Pixie in the Playground

A Watcher looks at the half-elf who calls himself Joshua, and points to the menu. "No cider? Really? What kind of a bar doesn't have cider? *Sigh* Just get me a root beer then." The Watcher nods, and returns shortly with the beverage. Joshua begins to sip at the root beer, eyes on the door, waiting for someone to come in so he could strike up a conversation with him.

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"That's all real tragic,"
    Fettina says, and drinks, with something resembling sympathy. Were Tauros a lot cuter it could very well have been real concern. Her eyes widen a little at the mention of color, and the neon-eyed girl grins. "Ah... being black isn't considered the human standard? Last I checked, I was still human..." She looks at herself, aghast! "You trying to insult me in some roundabout way, Mr. Tauros?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir is once again pushed on the defensive by Ambrosia's assault. He's not used to fighting someone with such a full-contact fighting style. He starts moving sideways, so Ambrosia's body-shove catches him on the side. It sends him spinning, which he reflexively turns into an offensive spin, moving in an arc around her and assaulting her with lightning-quick, short slashes that aim for weak points in her armour. Single blows didn't work, so maybe it's time for a flurry.
    "W-what?" The artificial creature looks terribly confused. What was she talking about? Black? She was clearly a darker shade of darker brown, which was well within the range of the spectrum that was human skin color. "I- I meant the artificial lights. Your neon eyes. While I do apologize if I offended you in some way, but I'm not even sure how you're black, Fettina." He replies, nervously tapping his metallic fingers against the table.

Meanwhile outside the tavern...

Following up her full-contact style, Ambrosia attempts to lock his arm into hers mid-swing before he spins out of control and then pull him with her while she tries to lightly stab him in the side, just aiming to draw blood.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

Joshua might find opportunity in the young woman that enters and finds a seat close by, pushing back her jaw-length black hair and adjusting her glasses as she looks at a menu. After ordering her drink, she pulls a medium sized sketchbook, some loose papers, and a pencil out of a satchel and places them in front of her. She's got the look of a typical student about her, anticipating an early fall with a buffalo plaid shirt, blue jeans, and leather ankle boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Joshua might find opportunity in the young woman that enters and finds a seat close by, pushing back her jaw-length black hair and adjusting her glasses as she looks at a menu. After ordering her drink, she pulls a medium sized sketchbook, some loose papers, and a pencil out of a satchel and places them in front of her. She's got the look of a typical student about her, anticipating an early fall with a buffalo plaid shirt, blue jeans, and leather ankle boots.
    "Hello ma'am! You look like quite the artist there. A student perhaps?" Joshua pauses, scanning for any signs that she's paying attention. "So, can you believe they don't have cider here?"

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes Lily a second to realize that she's being addressed. "Eh. Not really, on both counts. I'm not drawing for artistic reasons, and I'm not with any particular institution." She says, glancing at the half-elf but not really seeming interested or paying attention. If Zafflebrods ever fades back into the Nexus, she might consider applying again. As it was, by her readings it seemed to be passing through several cycles of deadtime, which is pretty unfortunate.

Joshua's comment about the cider prompts Lily to take a closer look. "First time at Trog's, then? I wouldn't pay too much attention to the menu. I think you can order anything here and they'll come up with it." Literally. Anything.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-09-06 at 11:42 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Pixie in the Playground

"Heh, I'd order a glass now, but I already have a drink." Joshua gestures at his root beer. "You seem to know a lot about the Nexus. I'd pay handsomely for a guide." Joshua pulls out a sack, bulging with (presumably) money.

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Meanwhile outside the tavern...

Following up her full-contact style, Ambrosia attempts to lock his arm into hers mid-swing before he spins out of control and then pull him with her while she tries to lightly stab him in the side, just aiming to draw blood.
    When Ambrosia tries to go for another grab, Wenomir abruptly interrupts his fast swings, and steps back, bringing his sword downwards in a sharp, forceful motion. He hopes to catch the scholar in the arm before she can withdraw it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jkhero73 View Post
    "Heh, I'd order a glass now, but I already have a drink." Joshua gestures at his root beer. "You seem to know a lot about the Nexus. I'd pay handsomely for a guide." Joshua pulls out a sack, bulging with (presumably) money.
    "I've lived here my whole life, but I don't know about being a guide." Says Lily. It's about this time that her red wine arrives, and she pauses to take a sip of it. "There's this place, three big cities, a few stable minor landmarks, and then everywhere else tends to be pretty transitory. Random patches of countryside just sort of fall in and out of place. That's how most people end up here. A kingdom or country slides into alignment long enough for some adventurers or wanderers to show up, and then it slides back out of the Nexus." She explains, swirling her wine. Didn't Butler run a tour service once? You'd think a place like Trog's would start offering one full time.
    Lily glances at Joshua's moneybag, but doesn't seem to be too impressed by it. Adventurers with big bags of currency or valuable gems tend to stop by Trog's pretty frequently.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

"I see." Joshua says, as he places his money pouch back into his satchel. Joshua was used to people not being impressed by his sack. He never had as much money as other adventurers. Joshua's eyes light up as he gets an idea. "What do you say we make a wager. I'll flip a coin, you call it, and one of us will get something from the other. If I win, you tell me how to leave the Nexus. If you win, you get... what do you want?"

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

Lily raises an eyebrow in surprise. That's a pretty odd offer. "I'll tell you how to leave the Nexus. Pick a direction and keep going. If it works, good job. If it doesn't, you're stuck. It just depends on where you're going and whether you want to come back or not." She says, sounding pretty bemused by the wager. If it was an attempt to find out more about who she is, she seems to have missed it.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-09-06 at 03:16 PM.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ah, I see. Thank you very much ma'am." Joshua finishes his root beer and walks outside.

[Outside]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    When Ambrosia tries to go for another grab, Wenomir abruptly interrupts his fast swings, and steps back, bringing his sword downwards in a sharp, forceful motion. He hopes to catch the scholar in the arm before she can withdraw it.
    Joshua stares at the scene for a moment, before trying to break up the conflict.

"Please stop fighting! I don't know what your problem is with each other, but can't you solve it with a simple game of chess?"

((My character has a death wish i swear))

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

19. - Top - End - #829

[Outside]

As Wenomir interrupts his attack, Ambrosia instead parries his attack rather than going for the stab. But as she parries the blade, she makes a push, much like before, aiming to throw him off balance. She no longer has the energy to push with the same force as before, the fight had been going on for a while after all and this human body of hers had it's limits. But she hoped that was running out of energy as well considering all the dodging and moving he had pulled off.

But then she suddenly stops as a strange man approaches them. She looks first at Wenomir and then back at the man to ensure that the warrior wasn't going to attack her. "There is no problem. We're just sparring." She explains with a sagely nod.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Pixie in the Playground

[Outside]

The half-elf laughs nervously, "My apologies, you just looked really into it."

Joshua quickly walks away, red with embarrassment.

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Wenomir turns around to face the person who interrupted them as well. He doesn't look very tired, despite what Ambrosia might have hoped. He's a tall, imposing man of wiry build, with tan skin and hair so dark it's almost black. His face is covered in scars, but the rest of his skin is hidden under a chain shirt, surcoat and padded jacket, as well as heavy leather gloves.

Spoiler
    Show

"Yes, it was just a friendly duel," he confirms.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

"sorry" Joshua's embarrassment level rises. He's as red as a tomato.
    "I'm just gonna leave now..."
    Last edited by Vivee; 2016-09-06 at 03:53 PM.

You botch your roll.
    "Which one?"
    Yes.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Lily looks out the door for a moment as the half-elf rushes out suddenly, but quickly returns to her wine and her sketchbook.

24. - Top - End - #834

It comes to me that I should describe Ambrosia, she looks to be a bit younger than Wenomir, with longer, blacker, hair with streaks of purple in it. She doesn't appear to have any scars, but some of her features appear inhuman, such as two prominent horns coming out of her head. She is clad in a full-body armor, which like her hair is colored black and purple. (image)

"I believe the duel is over in any case, I'm feeling rather low on energy, and you, Wenomir, are barely breaking a sweat. I would probably have pushed for a decisive victory, as I'd been unable to keep that tempo forever." She admits.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir chuckles.

"Come, now. It takes some courage to jump between two people in the middle of a sword-fight. Keep your head up." Seems the duel put him in a good mood. He looks back to Ambrosia.

"Indeed, although you pushed me harder than I'd expected. Surprising to see a scholar fight this way."

26. - Top - End - #836
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

There's a moment of silence from Kate at that. "How strange." She's never heard of an institution that favored mad articles. With perhaps the exception of tabloid newspapers. "I may have to look into this guide. Its contents sound...interesting."

Kate hums a tune as she thinks a moment.

"I would be lying if I called it a job, but I own an apartment in Eastside that you could use for a time if you require lodging." A beat. "I do not currently require the bed.", she deadpans.
    Ah well that saves you from having to turn down my inevitable offer of sharing my bed." Mick jokes? It is hard to say for sure. "That is a mighty kind offer. I actually have a bed, but I could use a shower and a real kitchen. So thank you for the offer I think I will take you up on that." He takes a sip of his Piña CoLlama that Paige set down in front of him. He nods appreciatively making a mental note to make a positive comment in his article about it.

"So after I get a real meal, a shower and a real night sleep, I will try and make some money. That is about the extent of my plans. How about you guys? I imagine you have some pretty pressing plans? Or at least some goals you would like to accomplish?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"I would recommend against intercourse with a firearm's barrel.", Kate (probably) jokes. "I will confess an ulterior motive. We currently have no way to move without assistance, and my workshop contains several inactive Homunculi that could host a preservation capsule with light modification. It is not an ideal body, but it would be sufficient to begin working toward acquiring more ideal replacements, and to restore personal agency in the meantime. Beyond that, Stone and I need to establish more permanent containment for BlackQueen.exe. While currently docile and tightly-shackled, the program is dangerous."

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I wouldn't dream of it. There are 4 of you in the gun, and I bet at least one of you would object." He grins obviously enjoying himself more now that he is chatting and drinking and not stabbing knives into skulls. "Perfect, after I finish this drink we can head to your place. Yeah I don't know if I would want to being stuck with a crazy computer program."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

The door to Trog's swings open, and in walks a woman. She's clearly distracted, and nervous at that, judging by her chewed lower lip and concerned expression. She's dressed in what is pretty obviously an old-fashioned barmaid's uniform with a mid-length skirt that segues into white stockings that lead to a function pair of flat shoes. She also wears cute blouse, as well as a pair of gloves, her whole outfit likely designed more for appeal than any practical, functional purpose. She has dark brown hair, and unnatural, violet-colored eyes, but what is likely most immediately noticeable is the fact that atop her head sits a cute little pair of purple horns, so dark they nearly appear black, and if an observer looks more closely, a lavender tail, tipped in a spade, is snaked around her left leg, the tip twitching with almost a mind of it's own.

She walks a few steps into the bar, still seemingly distracted by her own nervous thoughts, then looks up and realizes that she is decided not where she was expecting to be. She looks around and couple times, then steps back outside, looks at the bar's sign, and sighs somewhere between annoyance and happiness before heading back in and ordering a cheap, non-alcoholic drink.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Welcome to Trog's, center of the Nexus. Are you looking for a job here?"
    The bartender flicks her scarf out of the way, fills a glass of root beer, and slides it over to the devil girl.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine