New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLI

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "'Sufficiently powerful' is your own definition of the word, Wenomir. I don't think it's a criteria that they need to measure up to. Nonetheless, we seem to have ended up discussing definitions, perhaps we should round off our debate a bit?" Ambrosia suggests with a faint smile.
    The warrior nods.

"Probably. When you end up discussing definitions, it's time to take a step back. What did you have in mind?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Nothing in particular actually, though I would be interested in observing you training your disciples, Wenomir. I believe it might be enlightening for me." Ambrosia replies.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "I don't know." Raril admits with a shrug. "Zee's had so many names over the years, I can hardly keep them straight. She's always been just Zee to me." The drow smiles sadly. "And I don't know what kind of veneration the Aboleths hold for her."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "That all sounds good. But what's an 'aboleth'?

Alex has definitely heard of them, but then, shi's heard of so many things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "Aboleths are these giant fish things. They're old beyond measure, and they remember the lives of their parents and grandparents and so on. So they're smart, scary smart." Raril explains. "On top of that, they're psionic, like a mind flayer, and most dangerous of all they exude this... goo... it'll change you. Make you into one of their servants if it so much as touches you."
    "Yeah, aboleths are among the nastiest things of the Underdark. Not as strong as the drow empire of course, but definitely meaner." The drow are the strongest of them all! Ilpholin is not biased on this at all.

"Are we waiting on anyone else or should we get going?" The nymph doesn't know how many people Raril brought on board for this recovery mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Oh, the memory fish." That should be fine. Alex remembers a lot of things too.

Alex gives a shake of the head.
    "I think I'm the only outside help."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, we're all here." Raril agrees. "Get your last taste of sunshine and warmth, because we're heading to the Underdark."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Nothing in particular actually, though I would be interested in observing you training your disciples, Wenomir. I believe it might be enlightening for me." Ambrosia replies.
    "Gladly. I'll let you know when I train them so you can drop by and observe," Wenomir says. "I told them about the Riddle of Steel, but they haven't been very receptive yet."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #1147

"So they aren't believers of it? I figured they be more like disciples in that fashion. Could you tell me a bit about them? They seem like two curious persons." Ambrosia asks.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

"Not yet, at least. They came to me for training in martial arts, not philosophy. That came later. I will keep telling them about it, and they can reach their own conclusions," Wenomir says. "Their names are Mia and Shireen. Mia is a long-time member of Vigil. She's a priestess of a machine-god, but she came to me for training. The fall of our old base shook her, and she felt she had to do more. Shireen is a half-dragon apprentice blacksmith. She joined Vigil when I agreed to train her. She's... eager, and fascinated with swordplay as an idea."

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Sorry about the delay, life happened.))

"They would call it by some aboleth term, I suspect. But I have no further information on the aspect," Raven admits. "And I believe I may be of some help regarding the aboleth's tendency of slaving other beings. The effects of their mucus is biochemical and while my ability to lifeshape pales in contrast to Mother's, I'm proficient enough to reverse such a transformation. Ideally we won't encounter the aboleths at all. Their psionic link with each other would alert all of them to our presence if one of them finds us. As you might imagine that would place us in a rather compromised position."

An 'enslaved and or killed' sort of position.

"However, we won't have to trouble ourselves with the aboleths for some time yet. Reaching the Sunless Sea is an arduous journey in and of itself."

You never know when you might run into some awful monster that pretends to be an otherwise unremarkable cave feature until it tries to eat you.

There seem to be a whole bunch of those in the various D&D universes...

"I have already gathered the supplies I will need," Raven states, patting that eye-burning pink bag of hers. "If you have anything else you require, perhaps now would be the time to acquire it and then meet at the City's north gate?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've got what I need. I hope." Raril says, pushing himself up from his chair. "I'll meet you all by the gate, then?" Presuming he gets a positive reaction, the drow will head out the door and into the city.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing that no one wishes to talk to him, Ryu exits the tavern, seeking to find work.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

"I shall gather a few things and meet you there." One of those journeys, then? She had half expected Raven to grab their hands and ignore spatial laws. Just need to grab water, food, and a giant dire mecha spider and Ilpholin will be good to go. Barring something else, she also heads out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I will be ready when I arrive there, yes."
    Up from the table and away Alex goes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig comes riding into Trog's on Viima. He's here to meet with the people who hired them to capture C4 and Adir.

15. - Top - End - #1155

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Not yet, at least. They came to me for training in martial arts, not philosophy. That came later. I will keep telling them about it, and they can reach their own conclusions," Wenomir says. "Their names are Mia and Shireen. Mia is a long-time member of Vigil. She's a priestess of a machine-god, but she came to me for training. The fall of our old base shook her, and she felt she had to do more. Shireen is a half-dragon apprentice blacksmith. She joined Vigil when I agreed to train her. She's... eager, and fascinated with swordplay as an idea."
    Ambrosia smiles. "I note that you never mentioned Mia's species, that must mean that she's human, yes? A curious pair though, especially this Shireen, if only due to her fascinating mixed heritage."

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir actually looks a little embarrassed.

"Well, yes. Mia is human. Pardon me. Shireen isn't the first half-dragon I know... a friend of mine is one too. Her heritage gives her a lot of natural strength. This is useful for obvious reasons, but it gave her some bad habits I'm trying to teach her to unlearn. She relies on it too much and leaves herself open."

17. - Top - End - #1157

It's the twins time to take watch over the Tavern. Dipsnig might remember those two red robed people and they do as well. They wave him over.

"Did You Got Them?" they speak switching person at each word.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Alright, that's pretty creepy.

"We've located them, but conflicting information has surfaced. I'm afraid we'll need an additional measure to ensure the contract is within our rules."

19. - Top - End - #1159

"Oh how odd. I hope you have made sure they can't escape you." they say as they stand up.
    "I am sure you want to talk this with Sirius, right?"

Man there speak pattern is really hard if they got more then a few words.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

"We're monitoring them to make sure they don't slip past us," Dipsnig says. "And yes, I would like to speak with him."

21. - Top - End - #1161

Wenomir actually looks a little embarrassed.

"Well, yes. Mia is human. Pardon me. Shireen isn't the first half-dragon I know... a friend of mine is one too. Her heritage gives her a lot of natural strength. This is useful for obvious reasons, but it gave her some bad habits I'm trying to teach her to unlearn. She relies on it too much and leaves herself open."
    "Humility is the hardest lesson to learn." Ambrosia agrees with a nod. "And dragons aren't exactly known for it. Goes against their nature some say. Though the same thing has been said about humans, the arrogance of man and all. But, I don't think much more can be learned about them until I actually get to see them in action."

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not sure arrogance is how I'd call it," Wenomir says. "It's a matter of a lack of experience. She's willing to learn, so she'll overcome it in time. You're right that there's only so much I can tell you, though. Feel free to drop by and see them train."

23. - Top - End - #1163

"We're monitoring them to make sure they don't slip past us," Dipsnig says. "And yes, I would like to speak with him."

"Follow
    us"

They head for the stairs leading Dipsnig upstairs. They seem to have rent one of the bigger rooms, one with at least 4 saperate sleeping rooms. They enter quickly and if Dipsnig follows he will see silus sitting on a table, already waiting for him and offering a chair on the other side of the table.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

"Greetings. I have some questions regarding your contract," Dipsnig says, getting right to business. "In the course of our investigation, some discrepancies occurred, and an alternate version of the target's origin."

25. - Top - End - #1165

Sirius still offers the seat with his open hand while the red robed guys have taken place in a corner.

"That doesn't sound very good." he replies. "Could you tell me about those discrepancies? I was sure all was okay last time we spoke."

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

"According to some information gathered by one of our operatives, C4 was your employee, rather than a criminal," Dipsnig says. "And that you have a rule about no one leaving alive."

27. - Top - End - #1167

Silus listens, but he doesn't seem to be worried or in any other case effekted.

"Am I right, if I assume you got those information from the deer guy? Adir was his name right?"

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

"Does it matter where I got the information?" Dipsnig asks. "The better question is whether or not it's true."

29. - Top - End - #1169

"It matter a bit." Sirius says.
    "But let's go to your question then. No! He never had worked for us."
    Sirius is silent for a mometn watching Dipsnig's reaction. he holds a hand up to stop him from starting the obviouse question.
    "I guess there was a missunderstanding on the one who told you that. As we managed to get in contact with C4, we tried to negotiate. first we offered him money, but that didn't work. Then we tried to threaten him, but that didn't work as well. At least we can say we tried that out. For a foreigner to our business with him it may have appeared the way you sescribed."

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cait enters Trog's, it is unlikely anyone her knows her but if they did they wouldn't recognize her. Her long black hair is now short brown and slightly curly. Beat and fashionable outfits replaced by dark cargo pants and a leather jacket done up tightly against the cold. She is wearing half a dozen rings on her hands, some with semiprecious stones, some witharcane symbols in bent metal. She carries a dull green canvas duffel and a old laptop bag on her shoulders. She goes to the bar and rents a room. She heads up to her room to dump her duffle before coming back down to the bar.

There she grabs a seat at a table pulling out a laptop and notebook from her bag. She orders an Irish coffee and some nachos and then starts reading something on her laptop while occasionally taking notes.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?