New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Fallout 404: GECK Not Found

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    If you're talking about the port-a-diners, no. I tried one a few times then gave up assuming it was just an animation and would never actually work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4IWeRtqOSk

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Rolling towards quincy today, just outside the atomic toys factory, I see a vertibird with a few people around it. No problem, must be a few brotherhood, they'll make some snarky comments because they weren't invited to the synth shoot and fireworks, whatever.

Nope, gunners. Why are gunners hanging out with a vertibird? Well w/e, they'll just start shooting at me, right? Hey, why's that one climbing in, is he going to open up with the minigun? Huh, never seen the ai do this before. Nope, it's taking off and straffing me with a legendary gunner flying it. Bwah?

This is.....new?
    Yes, at later levels they get Vertibirds.
    Killing the 'bird kills all of them though, making for easy XP unless you installed a mod to make vertirds tougher... Looting can be hard though.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Yes, at later levels they get Vertibirds.
    Killing the 'bird kills all of them though, making for easy XP unless you installed a mod to make vertirds tougher... Looting can be hard though.
    A Legendary in a vertibird is basically a free item.

friend code is 5258-0586-5870

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    You cannot bypass the pacification field while Brainless and thus trigger the end event.
    Not actually accurate. The brain needs to be inside the field with you, but doesn't need to be installed in your head - leaving it in its tank in the Sink is good enough to fulfill the requirements.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

So I am going to do a You only live once Challenge for Fallout 4. I am looking for rules. Here is what I have so far.
    1. Hardest difficult not allowed to lower it. Survival.
    2. Can not use Any health items food or medicine.
    3. I can not heal Radiation damage or stunt it with meds
    4. I can only heal from level ups and perks if I can get to that level
    5. Level up does not heal Radiation can only heal radiation from the Solar Powered perk

Should i put any more restrictions on?

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    So I am going to do a You only live once Challenge for Fallout 4. I am looking for rules. Here is what I have so far.
    5. Level up does not heal Radiation can only heal radiation from the Solar Powered perk

No. Fairly sure you have enough to insure you don't get far without running a ninja.

friend code is 5258-0586-5870

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

ALright well here is my build so far.

Nate
    STR: 1
    PER: 4
    END: 10
    CHA: 1
    INT: 4
    AGI: 7
    LUCK: 1

first 4 perks:
    Life Giver
    Solar Powered
    Rifleman
    Ghoulish

8. - Top - End - #158
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post

I would suggest changing from Survival to Very Hard, as the upcoming changes to Survival Mode mean that you will die of starvation long before you die of wounds.

I would argue for allowing you to blunt radiation damage with chems like Rad-X. No taking rads off with Radaway, but it only makes sense that you be allowed to keep as many HP as you can.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

I also did not take into account Limb damage.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Also A Challenge for the new Survival mode would be fun to create as well.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Firbolg in the Playground

Question: Are you allowing yourself to take Life Giver? After all, the third rank gives you slow health regen, which is powerful under this ruleset, even if it is strictly speaking not really in the spirit of no healing.

Plus, it requires you to survive to level 20, which let's be honest, doesn't seem likely.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

It is either that or get to level three solar power which does the same but only from 6 am to 6 pm. I was thinking of giving myself Lifegiver to level three yes. I actually already started playing so far, I am only level 3 at the moment then the division came out.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

No healing, means no healing I think. But then again, the massively insane damage F4 gives and the way rad damage works, it's probably impossible to avoid damage.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can people take things from your workbenches? I had half my Fusion Cores disappear today after an attack, and it turned out Cait had them.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    Can people take things from your workbenches? I had half my Fusion Cores disappear today after an attack, and it turned out Cait had them.
    Not to my knowledge, no. They can take from any other container you place, though, which still annoys me.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    Why would you put a weightless item down?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    No healing, means no healing I think. But then again, the massively insane damage F4 gives and the way rad damage works, it's probably impossible to avoid damage.
    Well You Only Live Once is a challenge designed by other Fallout Players, Only one has not yet been done by Fallout 4 standards. It is extremely hard since you have to delete your save once you die.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Not to my knowledge, no. They can take from any other container you place, though, which still annoys me.
    Yeah, we need a patch for that. I have no problem with them taking my power armor when raiders come, because they usually get out after the attack, but I have a "Display Desks" area where I shove things that I never use but are cool on top of desks at Spectacle Island. I have like 30 settlers there, and I have to go through every one of them to find out who took my Shiskebob.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Why would you put a weightless item down?
    So I don't use them up when I move my armor around.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

20. - Top - End - #170

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldNations View Post
    Yeah, we need a patch for that. I have no problem with them taking my power armor when raiders come, because they usually get out after the attack, but I have a "Display Desks" area where I shove things that I never use but are cool on top of desks at Spectacle Island. I have like 30 settlers there, and I have to go through every one of them to find out who took my Shiskebob.
    Only safe way is to build a house with two floors, and then remove the sairs But seeing how Brahmins tend to spawn in the roofs I'm not sure even that's secure enough.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Which is why I only display things at Red Rocket, because Dogmeat never steals my stuff.

I'm aware of the Yolo rules. I'm still watching Many A True Nerd chew his way through a Fallout 3 Yolo. He's in the midst of The Pitt and down to a mere 73 HP. He's not expecting to survive the Arena. I have slightly more faith in him. I think he's going to go down on the way to Addams AFB.

22. - Top - End - #172

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    Only safe way is to build a house with two floors, and then remove the sairs But seeing how Brahmins tend to spawn in the roofs I'm not sure even that's secure enough.
    "Crap, where's my legendary Fat Boy?" -MOOO- "Damn cow burglars..."

I don't even bother with settlements because of that. Never satisfied, constant drain on resources, getting pulled out of whatever I'm doing by the warning that the settlement's about to fall when I never got the quest in the first place... Just gets old.
    Quote Originally Posted by FidgetySquirrel View Post
    ...if this keeps up for much longer, half of the playground will have Orcus-themed sigs, which is probably how Orcus can appear in so many places to begin with. NOOOO! STOP SIGGING ORCU- *killed by Orcus*
    My Steam profile!

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Okay, I finished the game with the railroad but apparently piper's quest in diamond city won't trigger. Is this a glitch?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Nilehus View Post
    "Crap, where's my legendary Fat Boy?" -MOOO- "Damn cow burglars..."

I don't even bother with settlements because of that. Never satisfied, constant drain on resources, getting pulled out of whatever I'm doing by the warning that the settlement's about to fall when I never got the quest in the first place... Just gets old.
    I have two settlement that actually have settlers, Starlight Drive In and Spectacle Island. I have Starlight Drive in set up for an Arena whenever Wastland Workshop comes(on my main character, on second I keep blank in wait for mod), and spectacle island for just making cool structures and showcasing my collection of stuff. I have a table with tons of Nuka Cola Quantum, an entire floor of legendary weapons, half a floor of power armor, half a floor of legendary normal armor, a floor full of beds and settlers along with trading shops and such, a single floor with that serves as a fortress of solitude(because it is only accessible with a power armor jetpack),and three floors of a wall with a Space Invaders alien from the lightbox pixels.

Yeah, that takes up half the island. The other half is essentially Completely Farmland and such.

Spectacle island is amazing.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius? View Post
    Okay, I finished the game with the railroad but apparently piper's quest in diamond city won't trigger. Is this a glitch?
    Possibly. Companions can bug if you're in mid conversation (or supposed to be) but you map out. This can happen more often post ending if you don't completely talk to them right after setting off the thing from the top of the building. Was piper with you during the end? If this is the case there a npc faction reset that can fix it w/ console commands, if your on a pc.

I could be misdiagnosing this but it sounds like the culprit. Will piper talk to you in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Possibly. Companions can bug if you're in mid conversation (or supposed to be) but you map out. This can happen more often post ending if you don't completely talk to them right after setting off the thing from the top of the building. Was piper with you during the end? If this is the case there a npc faction reset that can fix it w/ console commands, if your on a pc.

I could be misdiagnosing this but it sounds like the culprit. Will piper talk to you in general?
    She will still talk to me in general it's just she won't ever leave and head to diamond city. Also she was not with me at the end if I remember right. I haven't completed the post campaign missions involving that gang so could that make it so I haven't technicaly completed the campaign?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius? View Post
    She will still talk to me in general it's just she won't ever leave and head to diamond city. Also she was not with me at the end if I remember right. I haven't completed the post campaign missions involving that gang so could that make it so I haven't technicaly completed the campaign?
    So are you not getting the option to dismiss her when talking to her? I'd suggest the remove from faction solution discussed in this thread and see if it works.

Spoiler
    Show
    did you hit the button and set off the nuke?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldNations View Post
    What I've done in the past is put my storage areas on upper floors of buildings, placed the fast travel mat up there, and then removed the stairs. That way only myself and my companions can enter it.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

So, playing TTW... does anyone actually blow up Megaton? I simply can't imagine doing it.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    So, playing TTW... does anyone actually blow up Megaton? I simply can't imagine doing it.
    I didn't on either time I did the quest. There is nothing that town did that makes me think to breakout the spf 6-million suntan lotion. Perhaps if they made the town out like Nipton supposedly was, all Sodom and Gomorrah-y... perhaps then, but...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races