New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Where do the other wings and pets come from? Haven't seen any indications of where they come from.
    Oops, I missed your wings question. Some of the wings are from Pre-purchasing Blizzard games. The Necromancer pack comes with a set. Some of the wings are Chapter 4 Season Journey rewards. So far only the Spider wings (the only wings I currently own). Cosmic Wings can be found in Whimsydale, off a rarely-appearing Unique Pony. You can get two sets of wings by mastering all four Set Dungeons for all six of the classes, one for pair for normal, and one pair for Hardcore heroes. I want to say there's another set of wings out there that can be found in some dungeon or other, but I don't remember.

Pets mostly come from Menagerist Goblins. You also get some from Season Journeys, and special events (The Diablo 20th Anniversary Event early this year had a mini-Butcher pet).

Psyren, I've managed to assemble most of the LoN Blessed Shield build you recommended. Here's what I've got so far. A helpful WD in a public Rift/Vault/Cow Level game donated the pants. Any suggestions? I've got a Ramaladni's Gift to put a socket in the flail, and I could swap out the belt for ancient Gold Wrap or Belt of the Trove. Ten reforgings of my ring failed to produce a legendary version, but my amulet came back Ancient with a useful passive on the 4th one I have Chen craft for me. Naturally, "Caldesening" all the gear with high-level gems will help, but that's going to take a fair while to accomplish. And I may have other gear to combine it with after the season ends. I'm pretty sure I've got an Ancient Litany of the Undaunted, for example.

One thing I've noticed is that at Torment XIII, it's hard to keep enemies at range. Zei's Vengeance may not be the best choice. Solitary Elites and Bosses can take a long time, as well, suggesting a Bane of the Stricken might be better.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-06-19 at 11:37 AM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Yeah, having the right gear is important. The last few groups I've attempted it with haven't had move speed gear (or even the required items) so they're 5-10x slower at clearing the map compared to me.

What date/time is good for you?
    Some evenings PST... this is going to be a rough week though. I'll probably be on tonight. My main issue is all of a sudden I can. not. get. a Krelm belt to drop, and I still haven't seen a Cosmic Strand off-hand. Aside from that I have Warzechians, 25 wreath, 50 Hoarder, Avarice Band, Town Portal shoulders, and Aether Walker.

I want to do the Heroes of the Storm stuff (which is 15 games...) for the D3 wings there (event ends June 26th), I'm trying to finish up the Season Journey out of stubbornness, and the new WoW raid comes out tomorrow. A large chunk of my Sunday and probably now my Saturday are both booked, too.

Well, at least Heroes Co-op games are usually a 10-ish minute win and I can level Heroes I'm not familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Oops, I missed your wings question. Some of the wings are from Pre-purchasing Blizzard games. The Necromancer pack comes with a set. Some of the wings are Chapter 4 Season Journey rewards. So far only the Spider wings (the only wings I currently own). Cosmic Wings can be found in Whimsydale, off a rarely-appearing Unique Pony. You can get two sets of wings by mastering all four Set Dungeons for all six of the classes, one for pair for normal, and one pair for Hardcore heroes. I want to say there's another set of wings out there that can be found in some dungeon or other, but I don't remember.

Pets mostly come from Menagerist Goblins. You also get some from Season Journeys, and special events (The Diablo 20th Anniversary Event early this year had a mini-Butcher pet).

Psyren, I've managed to assemble most of the LoN Blessed Shield build you recommended. Here's what I've got so far. A helpful WD in a public Rift/Vault/Cow Level game donated the pants. Any suggestions? I've got a Ramaladni's Gift to put a socket in the flail, and I could swap out the belt for ancient Gold Wrap or Belt of the Trove. Ten reforgings of my ring failed to produce a legendary version, but my amulet came back Ancient with a useful passive on the 4th one I have Chen craft for me. Naturally, "Caldesening" all the gear with high-level gems will help, but that's going to take a fair while to accomplish. And I may have other gear to combine it with after the season ends. I'm pretty sure I've got an Ancient Litany of the Undaunted, for example.

One thing I've noticed is that at Torment XIII, it's hard to keep enemies at range. Zei's Vengeance may not be the best choice. Solitary Elites and Bosses can take a long time, as well, suggesting a Bane of the Stricken might be better.
    Hawk Wings can be found from the Mysterious Chest that is a rare spawn in select Act IV areas, the best place is usually considered to be... Gardens?... 1... the level with Rakanoth at the end.

Also, first Primal Ancient: Slorak's Madness. Doesn't really fit any endgame builds, but such stats. Wow.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-06-19 at 12:34 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Also, first Primal Ancient: Slorak's Madness. Doesn't really fit any endgame builds, but such stats. Wow.
    Conrgrats! Kind of a slap in the face for Hardcore characters, but not bad for regular wizards. I just got another Primal: Blackthorn's Notched Belt. On the plus side, +15 Forgotten Soul.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Some evenings PST... this is going to be a rough week though. I'll probably be on tonight. My main issue is all of a sudden I can. not. get. a Krelm belt to drop, and I still haven't seen a Cosmic Strand off-hand...
    It's a craftable, Haedrig'll be happy to make as many as you want

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    It's a craftable, Haedrig'll be happy to make as many as you want
    Good thing I've been focusing on finding the belt and not the off-hand or I'd feel really stupid right now.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ettin in the Playground

Last post of a page curse

So I hadn't really looked at the necromancer info before. It seems like it could be really cool, but there is enough fuzzy parts to really know for sure until I give it a try. I just hope they release it as reasonable priced DLC instead of a full priced new copy of the game for the consoles. If it doesn't include any expansion areas then it had better just be DLC. I *think* the going rate for DLC classes is about $10, but Blizzard likes to do their own thing, which in this case might be charging twice as much just because they think they can.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Ogre in the Playground

Some evenings PST... this is going to be a rough week though. I'll probably be on tonight. My main issue is all of a sudden I can. not. get. a Krelm belt to drop, and I still haven't seen a Cosmic Strand off-hand. Aside from that I have Warzechians, 25 wreath, 50 Hoarder, Avarice Band, Town Portal shoulders, and Aether Walker.
    Currently cooking dinner, but I'll be on all night after that pretty much.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Currently cooking dinner, but I'll be on all night after that pretty much.
    Ignore the PM I sent you, I'm available to at least try a run very shortly.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Banned

Devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad3hvpG1jg

27th June, $15. So what? £10?

I think I'm happy with that, but we'll see how I feel after getting to grips with the Necro.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Spamalot in the Playground

Having tried the necro using my bf's beta access, I'm not a huge fan - the pets require considerably more micro than those of the WD and the corpse management minigame is distracting while I'm dodging lethal affixes in a rift. I'm sure if I get more practice with it it'll be better, but with the little time I had I was underperforming and therefore underwhelmed. It's like, I could put in all the effort to micro my pets perfectly and have the right number of corpses on screen at all times when I need them, OR I could just play WD and worry about 2-3 buttons.

I also dislike that they have so many desirable affixes in the neck slot (competing with the likes of Hellfire, Travelers, and the immunity amulets) - some of those could have been belts instead.

Aesthetically the class is dynamite though - the animations, the set and legendary design, the visual effects and the voices are all great. It also comes with more stash space, so it's worthwhile for that alone in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad3hvpG1jg

27th June, $15. So what? £10?
    12.99 £ or 14.99 € (depending on which side of the Canal you're on).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, my buddy has resumed playing D3, so I guess I'll be playing D3 for a while. Anyone have any experience with the Firebats/Arachyr build? I'm a huge fan of Pestilence and Haunt, I like DoTs, and I want to use Bad Medicine, Cloud of Insects, and Efficacious Toxin (with Wormwood) to get me and my group ~50% damage reduction. I figure Ring of Emptiness would synergize pretty well with such a setup, throw in Haunt with Poisoned Spirit to trigger the proc, as well as stack up some more debuffs on the enemy.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Having tried the necro using my bf's beta access, I'm not a huge fan - the pets require considerably more micro than those of the WD and the corpse management minigame is distracting while I'm dodging lethal affixes in a rift. I'm sure if I get more practice with it it'll be better, but with the little time I had I was underperforming and therefore underwhelmed. It's like, I could put in all the effort to micro my pets perfectly and have the right number of corpses on screen at all times when I need them, OR I could just play WD and worry about 2-3 buttons.
    That was the impression I got just reading the skills on the blog post. I figured it would take some actual time playing to see if that was really the case or not. It seems like there are a couple *must take* abilities with specific ruins to get all of the corpses you need to use your other abilities. Which isn't all that uncommon, but it could have a large dampening effect on build options.

So I only played a bit last night, but was running the portals for hellfire amulets, but got a couple really good items. Didn't get anything good for the hellfire though, I have two options it seems, good stats or a good passive, I can't get both. But I had a really nice legendary scarbringer drop at pretty much the same time as a Ramaladni's Cube. Switching to that and putting rabid strike in the cube was a huge jump in power. I was having trouble clearing GR58 in time before (and the day before was running it with someone else that was on the weak side, finished with 2 seconds left), and since then I cleared GR62 with plenty of time to spare (and only two deaths, but that was mostly because it was late and I was drifting off, so didn't try anything higher).

Spoiler: what to swap
    Show

So those are my two weapons now. Stats are base on the screenshots, no skills active.
    Not sure if the Sledge Fist is going to be long term or not, but it is by far the best stats I had on a weapon for the longest time. It doesn't have an affixe per-say but 39% chance to stun on hit is about as good as many of them get, at least defensively. Not sure if it is worth keeping or not though.
    Scarbringer rolled with a pretty good set of stats (although some are a bit on the low end of the spectrum), so my question here is what is the best option to re-roll on this? Being a weapon there are a lot of good options and I'm just not sure what to do. Critical hit chance is 38.1%, critical hit damage is 409%, as I think those are the most relevant stats for this question, can get other stats if that would help with the question.

That was the first time I tried Caldesann's Despair, a bit disappointed in the value, probably should have done a bit more research into it before I gave it a try.

14. - Top - End - #1154

@Erloas: the image-hosting site is blocked at work I'm afraid so will have to give my take later.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Okay, my buddy has resumed playing D3, so I guess I'll be playing D3 for a while. Anyone have any experience with the Firebats/Arachyr build? I'm a huge fan of Pestilence and Haunt, I like DoTs, and I want to use Bad Medicine, Cloud of Insects, and Efficacious Toxin (with Wormwood) to get me and my group ~50% damage reduction. I figure Ring of Emptiness would synergize pretty well with such a setup, throw in Haunt with Poisoned Spirit to trigger the proc, as well as stack up some more debuffs on the enemy.
    If you like Pestilence and Haunt, Jade Harvester is the way to go. You run through enemies without stopping and watch them melt behind you.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

So tonight. ~7:30 PM PST. Sprinter. Anyone available?

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If you like Pestilence and Haunt, Jade Harvester is the way to go. You run through enemies without stopping and watch them melt behind you.
    So the ~275% damage buff will apply directly to the dots themselves? In other words, am I getting a damage buff on Haunt when Locusts is on the target, and on Locusts when Haunt is on the target?

I wasn't thinking of using Pestilence, but Cloud of Insects, for the damage debuff. I thought with Arachyr I could use Plague Bats and the wide variety of legendaries that buff bats. It's not that I don't like the Jade Harvester set, thought I'm not a huge fan of Soul Harvest (I generally loathe builds that are reliant on buff maintenance). Plus I like corpse spiders (Leaping Spiders are great for mob sonar), and I figure the huge buff to Locust Swarm ought to melt face nearly as well as Jade.

Jade's set bonuses seem to do the following:

1) Buff the heck out of Soul Harvest.
    2) Turn Haunt into a spamable single-target DPS skill

To the casual observer, neither benefit seems to actually directly the yield of your DOT powers, rather, they 'consume' your DOTs to deliver some instant damage.

17. - Top - End - #1157

So the ~275% damage buff will apply directly to the dots themselves? In other words, am I getting a damage buff on Haunt when Locusts is on the target, and on Locusts when Haunt is on the target?
    Assuming you mean Ring of Emptiness, it applies to everything you do.

I wasn't thinking of using Pestilence, but Cloud of Insects, for the damage debuff.
    Why choose? Use both!

I thought with Arachyr I could use Plague Bats and the wide variety of legendaries that buff bats. It's not that I don't like the Jade Harvester set, thought I'm not a huge fan of Soul Harvest (I generally loathe builds that are reliant on buff maintenance).
    The buffs from Soul Harvest are purely incidental. They're great, don't get me wrong, but the whole point of the skill is the huge damage spike it delivers, equal to 300 seconds of damage from both dots (which is... quadrupled?... by Creeping Doom, then doubled yet again by Quetzalcoatl, then doubled yet again by Ring of Emptiness, then potentially tripled by Convention of Elements etc.)

If you prefer Arachyr go right ahead and use it, they're both viable. For me personally, Jade is far and away my favorite WD set, and ranks among my top-performing sets as a whole.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

So tonight. ~7:30 PM PST. Sprinter. Anyone available?
    I should be on around that time.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Assuming you mean Ring of Emptiness, it applies to everything you do.
    Awesome.

Why choose? Use both!
    Yeah, if I can find one, it's on my list, but if I have to choose between, say, Vile Hive and Quetzlcoatl, I know what I'm choosing.

The buffs from Soul Harvest are purely incidental. They're great, don't get me wrong, but the whole point of the skill is the huge damage spike it delivers, equal to 300 seconds of damage from both dots (which is... quadrupled?... by Creeping Doom, then doubled yet again by Quetzalcoatl, then doubled yet again by Ring of Emptiness, then potentially tripled by Convention of Elements etc.)
    It's not ever going to be the full 300 seconds, though, is it? It inflicts the remaining damage. IIRC, Creeping Death and Quetzlcoatl make your DoTs last 150 seconds. So it just lets you do all the damage your DOT was going to do every 12 seconds, after which you need to re-apply. I can only assume that the Arachyr 6-piece bonus is additive (otherwise it's totally insane), so all your Locust Swarm targets are going to basically take triple damage, all the time. Not as impressive in and of itself, but I do get to cast Firebats or Toads or Corpse Spiders to layer on the hate.

And CoE is another one of those 'buff window management' items that I'm kind of lukewarm on. I'll use it if I don't have something better, but it's not on my dream list. I'm not saying it's weak, far from it. It's just that the irritation factor has me hoping for other alternatives. It seems to me that for a single element build, something like Stone of Jordan ought to match it for yield, at least against the kinds of things an Arachyr set would struggle with (Act Bosses and Elites, since I shouldn't lack for the ability to melt AoE trash). Now CoE is a godsend on a Tal Sorc, of course. Focus and Restraint is another possible option, I'm not sure.

If you prefer Arachyr go right ahead and use it, they're both viable. For me personally, Jade is far and away my favorite WD set, and ranks among my top-performing sets as a whole.
    I fully intend to try both, and see which one I like better. But on spec, I like the Arachyr build more, aesthetically. But I may find out that Jade suits me better. We'll see. What I do know is I want to use a bunch of poison debuffs to help out my party mates, and I love a build that lets me focus on the big mobs and the nuisance scrub mobs just die by virtue of being in my vicinity.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Awesome.

Yeah, if I can find one, it's on my list, but if I have to choose between, say, Vile Hive and Quetzlcoatl, I know what I'm choosing.

It's not ever going to be the full 300 seconds, though, is it? It inflicts the remaining damage. IIRC, Creeping Death and Quetzlcoatl make your DoTs last 150 seconds. So it just lets you do all the damage your DOT was going to do every 12 seconds, after which you need to re-apply. I can only assume that the Arachyr 6-piece bonus is additive (otherwise it's totally insane), so all your Locust Swarm targets are going to basically take triple damage, all the time. Not as impressive in and of itself, but I do get to cast Firebats or Toads or Corpse Spiders to layer on the hate.

And CoE is another one of those 'buff window management' items that I'm kind of lukewarm on. I'll use it if I don't have something better, but it's not on my dream list. I'm not saying it's weak, far from it. It's just that the irritation factor has me hoping for other alternatives. It seems to me that for a single element build, something like Stone of Jordan ought to match it for yield, at least against the kinds of things an Arachyr set would struggle with (Act Bosses and Elites, since I shouldn't lack for the ability to melt AoE trash). Now CoE is a godsend on a Tal Sorc, of course. Focus and Restraint is another possible option, I'm not sure.

I fully intend to try both, and see which one I like better. But on spec, I like the Arachyr build more, aesthetically. But I may find out that Jade suits me better. We'll see. What I do know is I want to use a bunch of poison debuffs to help out my party mates, and I love a build that lets me focus on the big mobs and the nuisance scrub mobs just die by virtue of being in my vicinity.
    IIRC something in the Jade Harvester build makes your dots last an hour.

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

IIRC something in the Jade Harvester build makes your dots last an hour.
    It's Creeping Death evidently. My mistake. That does make things better. We'll see how Arachyr stacks up.

22. - Top - End - #1162

...What? This is profoundly confusing to me; they not only take up different body slots, they take up different cube slots too. How are you choosing between them?

It's not ever going to be the full 300 seconds, though, is it? It inflicts the remaining damage.
    *snip*
    As mentioned, you aren't taking the whole build into account. I suggest you either watch it in action or try it yourself once you have the gear for it, because just trying to theorycraft it (especially if you're mixing up pieces like you are) won't make sense.

This is exactly what Jade does.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.d3planner.com/302874594

So I entered my weapons on D3Planner, though I didn't update my other items. (didn't take screen caps of everything else, the majority of it has changed though)
    Two things of note, according to D3planner the Sledgefist is missing a primary attribute, but maybe it is something different. Also the scarbringer also has "9952 life after each kill" but D3planner is not letting me add it.
    If the sledgefist is missing an attribute then finding a new one/different weapon, is going to be a top priority.

So switching to T13 it was really easy to find quick matches compared to T12. Ended up doing a GR75 and GR85. It seems that I have the survivability for both, at least for the most part. I just don't have the damage to really do much there.
    I don't think I can swap out any Inna stuff to help, so I think all of my new damage has to come from rings or amulets. Though I can only get one new/different affix for rings because I need to keep RoRG and ORotZ (Inna's reach isn't worth using and I can't see loosing either the Crudest Boots or Rivera Dancers).
    So the majority of my damage increases are going to come from 1 ring and the amulet slot. Not seeing any real power jumps from the amulets (could be missing something), and the ring looks like Convention of Elements seems like the best choice, but only one drop so far and it wasn't that good.
    I'm trying to remember if the Convention of Elements does all damage types available to the class, or just all of the ones currently equipped to the class via skills. And if it is the latter, does things like the mystic allies count? I think I've only got fire and lightning, with fire being for the lashing tail kick, and cyclone strike being lightning (for the damage reduction and pulling people in, not worried about the damage, just picked lightning for the reduced spirit cost). I could change them both to the same if it would make any difference.
    Endless Walk I don't think would do me anything because Epiphany plus... well anything really, means I'm usually teleporting all over the place. Not sure how quickly the walk/stand still swaps, and if it would count if I'm staying in the same place but could be "teleporting" to the exact same spot every attack.

Gems are Bane of the Powerful, Bane of the Trapped, and Esoteric Alteration. Not sure if any of the other choices are going to be better, as it is not that clear what the damage is going to be, if the damage is going to end up being a fraction of my normal attack (lashing tail kick) it doesn't seem worthwhile.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...What? This is profoundly confusing to me; they not only take up different body slots, they take up different cube slots too. How are you choosing between them?
    I thought off-hands counted as armor for purposes of Kanai's. My mistake. However, I don't yet have a Vile Hive to cube, so it's all moot for the time being. I'm still at 3 pieces of Arachyr, and 2 of Jade. Obviously, I'll finish whatever I get first.

<edit>It occurs to me that even if vile hive counts as a weapon in Kanai's cube, I'll want Wormwood, in all likelihood, in my cube weapon slot, since I'll want a mojo of some kind. Again, gotta find gear before I worry about what gear I'll wear.

As mentioned, you aren't taking the whole build into account. I suggest you either watch it in action or try it yourself once you have the gear for it, because just trying to theorycraft it (especially if you're mixing up pieces like you are) won't make sense.
    Definitely true. As I said, I'll be trying both. And there's other things that appeal about the Arachyr set, for example, burly corpse spiders and the spider queen. I just suspect that an Arachyr set may appeal to my preferred playstyle more. We shall see.

This is exactly what Jade does.
    To me it seems that Jade is a mostly single target build punctuated by one really awesome AoE every 12 seconds. Besides, if you take the leaderboards' word for it, Firebats is the top-tier Doc build, though to be fair, Jade allegedly doesn't fall too far behind. Not that I expect ever to be pushing the leaderboards, I do occasionally like to play other games.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-06-22 at 08:13 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

So it does seem that Convention of Elements cycles through all types even if you don't have them equipped. Which means if I'm only using one type of damage, Fire, I'm only going to get a boost 5 out of 25 seconds. From a DPS standpoint that means a 200% ring is only increasing my DPS by 40% overall. Which isn't bad, I'm just not sure if it makes it better than my other choices. I guess it would always be giving some of my spirits something, I just don't think I get enough out of the spirits, in terms of damage, to look at the bonus there compared to what LTK does for me.

Maybe Oculus Ring? I guess it depends how much it procs. Stone of Jordan? Although I think those are "additive" bonuses rather than multiplicative so not as power?

I also guess if I'm always considered moving, if I do the Endless Walk, I can probably drop some other defensive ability for more offense in another slot. I could then switch out Lefebvre's Soliloquy for something else? Not much for good pauldrons, maybe Aughild's and the bracer? (over Reaper's Wraps, which has been useful for me)

I could maybe fit in Sunwuko's Balance and Shines (shoulders, amulet) but that is more defense rather than offense. Don't think I can fit in Uliana's Strength, or at least a second piece to make it worthwhile.

Don't think there is much different I can do with weapons that multiplies my damage at all, it seems like (other than the two I'm using/cubed) they are all additional attacks which would make use of my damage boost from spirits, but not sure how much they would do overall, as in would it be worth using.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So it does seem that Convention of Elements cycles through all types even if you don't have them equipped. Which means if I'm only using one type of damage, Fire, I'm only going to get a boost 5 out of 25 seconds. From a DPS standpoint that means a 200% ring is only increasing my DPS by 40% overall. Which isn't bad, I'm just not sure if it makes it better than my other choices. I guess it would always be giving some of my spirits something, I just don't think I get enough out of the spirits, in terms of damage, to look at the bonus there compared to what LTK does for me.
    That's right, CoE buffs elements regardless of whether you're using that element. So if you're a single-element build, then CoE is, over time, only giving you a quarter of its potential. Now you can use CoE to snapshot abilities, but I'm of the opinion that it's a mediocre choice for a single-color spec, and it will certainly curtial your fun, and possibly your overall damage output, compared to a more steady bonus.

Maybe Oculus Ring? I guess it depends how much it procs. Stone of Jordan? Although I think those are "additive" bonuses rather than multiplicative so not as power?
    Stone of Jordan is a type-E bonus. So it only additive with other equipped effects that improve yield versus bosses and elites (and species, if you're wearing Tyrael's Might or something, but that's very corner case). Likewise, the elemental effect on the SoJ is type-D, so if you're wearing other pieces that improve your elemental damage, that's additive as well.

I also guess if I'm always considered moving, if I do the Endless Walk, I can probably drop some other defensive ability for more offense in another slot. I could then switch out Lefebvre's Soliloquy for something else? Not much for good pauldrons, maybe Aughild's and the bracer? (over Reaper's Wraps, which has been useful for me)

I could maybe fit in Sunwuko's Balance and Shines (shoulders, amulet) but that is more defense rather than offense. Don't think I can fit in Uliana's Strength, or at least a second piece to make it worthwhile.

Don't think there is much different I can do with weapons that multiplies my damage at all, it seems like (other than the two I'm using/cubed) they are all additional attacks which would make use of my damage boost from spirits, but not sure how much they would do overall, as in would it be worth using.
    If you've got a build with spenders and primaries/generators, Focus and Restraint is probably your best bet. Like CoE, it's a buff that doesn't additively stack with anything else, making it, when used effectively, a double damage buff that's up more or less all the time. Or, if you're a channelling/face-tanking type of build, but I think F/R is probably a bit more flexible.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ettin in the Playground

So as long as I don't have any/many other elemental bonuses (I don't think I do, maybe one or two by chance, not by design) so it should mostly be a straight boost to damage then?

I had thought about Focus/Restraint, but I'm not sure how my build would fair without both RoRG and ORotZ. It is very cooldown dependent, with a decent amount of my damage coming from epiphany and allies, and being in the thick of things all the time Serenity sees a lot of use too. And between the LTK and Inna I need both the Crudest boots and Rivera Dancers, which means either RoRG or Inna's Reach and I think Inna's Reach just isn't worth using (at least no version I've had drop).

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So as long as I don't have any/many other elemental bonuses (I don't think I do, maybe one or two by chance, not by design) so it should mostly be a straight boost to damage then?
    If you mean Stone of Jordan, yes. I recommend using D3 Planner. It's quite good, and accurately models the buffs from itemization.

I had thought about Focus/Restraint, but I'm not sure how my build would fair without both RoRG and ORotZ. It is very cooldown dependent, with a decent amount of my damage coming from epiphany and allies, and being in the thick of things all the time Serenity sees a lot of use too. And between the LTK and Inna I need both the Crudest boots and Rivera Dancers, which means either RoRG or Inna's Reach and I think Inna's Reach just isn't worth using (at least no version I've had drop).
    Let's see your build. I'm not super-experienced with the Monk, but I can probably help you make the right call.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

That's right, CoE buffs elements regardless of whether you're using that element. So if you're a single-element build, then CoE is, over time, only giving you a quarter of its potential. Now you can use CoE to snapshot abilities, but I'm of the opinion that it's a mediocre choice for a single-color spec, and it will certainly curtial your fun, and possibly your overall damage output, compared to a more steady bonus.
    I can't speak for Monk, but for Demon Hunter, you absolutely want Convention equipped.

So, on paper it's a 40% damage increase if you straight up divide, but realistically it actually is a 200% damage increase because of the way focus dumps work. For the 5 seconds that Fire is in the rotation, you're spamming Multishot or Grenades, and by the time the 5 seconds is up, your focus pool is empty and you have to use your primary to recover Hatred. I don't think it's fair to use snapshotting as a reason against CoE (if anything, snapshotting is a function of many class mechanics, and you you should factor it in as a reason to use CoE).

Adding CoE lets my DH push another 5-6 GRift levels compared to cubing say, Elusive Ring or Focus/Restraint and equipping Unity or SoJ.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

Well it is easy enough to equip it and give things a try.
    Although dumping doesn't really seem to be a thing for me, at least nothing that would be set into a given 5 second period. Monks also have 5 elements, holy, lightning, physical, fire, cold, it is my understanding that most classes only have 4. Epiphany itself lasts for 15 seconds and I can spam my attacks pretty much the entire time, and with ORotZ it is very little time between epiphany ending and the cooldown being over. I could see if I had a cooldown based big-hit skill that cycles at a similar pace to CoE, but that is not my build.

https://www.d3planner.com/302874594
    That is my build, but not the correct equipment anymore. I know it is a good tool, but being console it is a pain to use because I have to update it all the time and last time I tried it on my phone it didn't really want to work, so keeping all of the pieces updated takes a while. I think I have all of the skills and pieces correct, but actual stats on most of the items is wrong (only the weapons I know are correct because I did them yesterday)
    Last edited by Erloas; 2017-06-23 at 05:16 PM.