New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh thanks for letting me know guys. See, the problem was simple. I started my monk on the europe server out of impatience, and didnt discover till my mid 40s that I wasnt allowed to boost my difficulty past hard until I beat act 4 with a character, and no, running a bounty on diablo didnt count. Luckily, hitting 60 unlocked everything up to mid torment so no big deal. Oh, and its very amusing that I replaced my soulsmasher already. I hit 60 and got a level 60 crafted legendary diabo that was like a 80% dps boost. Im also annoyed though because I really want to extract the sweeping winds effect from my legendary belt, seeing as its about 30 levels below me, but I havent gotten any death breaths yet. /grumble mumble. I REALLY dont want to do without it, but belts are starting to leave it way behind stat wise. Hell, even my sash of knives just dropped. Id like to use that for awhile. I wonder if my hundred fist attack will spawn a buttload of blades or not?
    Death's Breath starts dropping from level 61 and up.
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turbo164 View Post
    Death's Breath starts dropping from level 61 and up.
    I know, but I have had this belt from I think my low 20s. So yeah, its time for an upgrade. Just gotta get to farming.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #303

Heh wow, I bought a ring from the blood shard merchant so I could fill the requirement for seasonal and my first purchase was a unity. Had some really nice stats on it too.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Spamalot in the Playground

I've mastered the Marauders and Shadow set dungeons - completing the latter set took a lot of souls but I wasn't really using them for anything else anyway. There's no conquest for mastering a bunch of dungeons this time which makes me sad. But I've been wanting the DH pennant so here I go.

Shadow does insane damage - I never thought I'd see a 5B+ crit with absolutely no gems in my gear or weapon - but the fact that it's single-target focused means I'll probably never get into it, and I'm glad the season where it was the Gift is behind us.

Once I've mastered them all I'd be curious to know what everyone's favorite is.
    @ Erloas: Did the Set Dungeons make it to console? Have you tried any yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #305

Im honestly a bit unhappy with my monk and his dps right now. Im fine for survivability and such, but I have trouble doing things like the kill 100 enemies before the timer drops style events. I dont have the set egar yet so im running whats probably an abnormal build. Im using hundred fists as my spirit producer, I have perma sweeping winds up with the added damage rune, seven strikes with sudden assault rune, breath of heaven with circle of scorn to drop a minor blast on whatever is actually hurting me atm. I dont really have any egar that adds to specific skills so I have no idea what I should be using instead before i get my set.

6. - Top - End - #306

Im honestly a bit unhappy with my monk and his dps right now. Im fine for survivability and such, but I have trouble doing things like the kill 100 enemies before the timer drops style events. I dont have the set egar yet so im running whats probably an abnormal build. Im using hundred fists as my spirit producer, I have perma sweeping winds up with the added damage rune, seven strikes with sudden assault rune, breath of heaven with circle of scorn to drop a minor blast on whatever is actually hurting me atm. I dont really have any egar that adds to specific skills so I have no idea what I should be using instead before i get my set.
    It won't really matter once you get your set (there's still variety there but some skills like Mystic Ally and a Mantra become more prescribed - not that you shouldn't be using those anyway), but feel free to link to your monk and we can take a look.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #307

Ok, Here is the link to my monk. Im sure im as far from optimized as its possible to get, so any help to get me to the point where I can get my set gear would be helpful.

8. - Top - End - #308

I meant, if you could link your profile so we could see your level and gear choices as well. Or you can import it into d3planner and share it that way if you'd rather not display your battletag.

Your skills are mostly fine (If it's damage you're after, I'd probably drop Retribution for Conviction and toss Resolve for STI/Alacrity, but that's about it); this leads me to believe your problem is gear, or more specifically the difficulty you're playing on. Below 70, getting quality gear is considerably harder because every piece you get can be randomly missing affixes, so there's no shame in dropping the difficulty to, say, T1 or even Master just to get through that last stretch to 70. When you start getting 6 affixes per slot again it's a lot easier to optimize your output, even in yellows.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I meant, if you could link your profile so we could see your level and gear choices as well. Or you can import it into d3planner and share it that way if you'd rather not display your battletag.

Your skills are mostly fine (If it's damage you're after, I'd probably drop Retribution for Conviction and toss Resolve for STI/Alacrity, but that's about it); this leads me to believe your problem is gear, or more specifically the difficulty you're playing on. Below 70, getting quality gear is considerably harder because every piece you get can be randomly missing affixes, so there's no shame in dropping the difficulty to, say, T1 or even Master just to get through that last stretch to 70. When you start getting 6 affixes per slot again it's a lot easier to optimize your output, even in yellows.
    Im 70 now, and already at master difficulty. T1 was just causing me to take more damage than I could dish out. And yeah I was mainly looking for build info for a general skill set to use before I get my class gear. Because as I said, while im using a fairly standard set of dropped gear, a mix of yellows with a few legendaries tossed in, my dps kinda sucks, especially compared to what my barb was dishing out. Ah well, I made those changes, seems like I am doing at least a bit more dps. Now I gotta farm some bounties for the right items to craft a legendary daibo. *EDIT* here is my gear set. I literally just hit 70 so dont expect much.
    Last edited by Traab; 2016-05-05 at 08:00 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310

Your first step should be to craft some replacement yellows now that you're 70 - particularly to replace those 61 pieces you're wearing (bracers, gloves, pants.) Then run bounties, quickly cube that belt (it's way outdated) and craft a yellow to replace it.

If you'd like an assist running bounties faster, let me know
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #311

Heh yeah I dont know what I was thinking there. Well, actually I do, its that while leveling crafted stuff tends to get replaced by random drops fairly fast, Or I spend the first five minutes of every bounty run crafting replacement gear for the stuff I have already outleveled during the last run. As for running the bounties, I just discovered something I hadnt spotted ahead of time. I had an absurd number of the double bounties in act 5 and none in act 2 and 3. So now I have to run the non double bounty quests to farm the drops I need to craft legendary weapons, or to extract the power from my belt. /sigh. I can run then fast enough for myself, im just too lazy to do more than a single set, two at most per play session, (Though I play a half dozen times a day so no big deal overall) All that being said, I burned through all my regular crafting mats trying to get decent stat rolls on my yellows. Got em in the end but dang man, I had to concentrate on grabbing all the blues and greys that dropped on my run to replenish my numbers a bit.
    Last edited by Traab; 2016-05-05 at 10:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought I saw something about the set dungeons but I don't know much about them and it seems like it would be hard or impossible to run them with my wife so I never looked into them past that.

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I thought I saw something about the set dungeons but I don't know much about them and it seems like it would be hard or impossible to run them with my wife so I never looked into them past that.
    Actually, they're much easier if you have help. And you don't even have to master them to get the class pennants. It might be a fun thing for you to try

To find them, go to the library in Leoric's mansion while you're wearing a class set.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #314

Heh, looted an interesting legendary today. Custarien wrist guards. They turn looted gold into exp. Makes me wonder if doing a greed run wearing them would be a fast way to grind out a dozen paragon levels or so. :p

15. - Top - End - #315

Heh, looted an interesting legendary today. Custarien wrist guards. They turn looted gold into exp. Makes me wonder if doing a greed run wearing them would be a fast way to grind out a dozen paragon levels or so. :p
    If your only other options for that slot are yellows then it's kinda moot - wear the best gear you actually possess is rule #1.

When you have a choice though - rather than wear dedicated XP gear, you should be wearing offense/defense gear and simply cranking up the difficulty to get increased XP instead. That way you not only get more XP, you also get more gold, more gems, more legendaries (and thus more ancients), more shards, more breaths, more keys etc.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #316

If your only other options for that slot are yellows then it's kinda moot - wear the best gear you actually possess is rule #1.

When you have a choice though - rather than wear dedicated XP gear, you should be wearing offense/defense gear and simply cranking up the difficulty to get increased XP instead. That way you not only get more XP, you also get more gold, more gems, more legendaries (and thus more ancients), more shards, more breaths, more keys etc.
    Yeah well, if im on such a trembling razors edge that a single piece of switched out gear would change my difficulty setting, then you would be right, but normally I have a bit of breathing space when it comes to stats. Honestly, I wouldnt want to wear it, the stats it rolled suck. I just found the effect amusing and tried to think of a time when it might actually be useful since most of the time the gold that drops isnt large enough to be worth much exp.

17. - Top - End - #317

Yeah well, if im on such a trembling razors edge that a single piece of switched out gear would change my difficulty setting, then you would be right, but normally I have a bit of breathing space when it comes to stats.
    A single piece of gear can definitely do that. Take your wristguards for example - if your monk was wearing that, but then came across this bracer instead, by itself that could indeed get you up another torment level - and the boost in XP would likely match or exceed what the wristguards were getting you, plus all the other benefits I mentioned previously.

(And that's without taking the cube into account, which might even let you wear both.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-07 at 10:55 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Spirit Guards are pretty much the ONLY bracers monks wear. Which...is sad, and not good design.

19. - Top - End - #319

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Spirit Guards are pretty much the ONLY bracers monks wear. Which...is sad, and not good design.
    This is very false - Bindings of Lesser Gods, Pinto's Pride, Cesar's Memento, Ancient Parthan Defenders, even Nemesis on a support build. Monks probably have more wrist choice than any other class.

There are monk builds, even high-GR ones (80+ SWK for instance), that don't use a primary skill at all; Spirit Guards would be wasted on such.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

This is very false - Bindings of Lesser Gods, Pinto's Pride, Cesar's Memento, Ancient Parthan Defenders, even Nemesis on a support build. Monks probably have more wrist choice than any other class.

There are monk builds, even high-GR ones (80+ SWK for instance), that don't use a primary skill at all; Spirit Guards would be wasted on such.
    This is what happens when I wake up, sick, with maybe three hours sleep, and start doing things.

So I hit GR60 on my earthquake barb, can probably go higher. But I tried out Raekor's for the first time and it's bananas. Can't decide which to go with. Both since I have two barbarians.

21. - Top - End - #321

This is what happens when I wake up, sick, with maybe three hours sleep, and start doing things.
    No worries, I just read that and was like "bwuh?"
    Thankfully I'd finished my drink first

So I hit GR60 on my earthquake barb, can probably go higher. But I tried out Raekor's for the first time and it's bananas. Can't decide which to go with. Both since I have two barbarians.
    I did the same - Raekor on my FemBarb (in honor of the actual Raekor, plus it looks really cool on her) and Earth on the dude.

I wasn't a fan of Raekor's playstyle, but I also haven't tried it since 2.3 so it's probably improved a bunch. It'd probably be a lot of fun with a controller too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #322

Ok so, I got this thing that dropped, overseer lady josephine. I tried doing a search on wtf this teddy bear looking object was and best I could come up with is its a pet that follows you around. However, i clicked on it and it vanished and I dont see any pet. Do they not show up in town or something?

23. - Top - End - #323

Ok so, I got this thing that dropped, overseer lady josephine. I tried doing a search on wtf this teddy bear looking object was and best I could come up with is its a pet that follows you around. However, i clicked on it and it vanished and I dont see any pet. Do they not show up in town or something?
    To equip cosmetics, go visit Myriam (the mystic that rerolls affixes or does transmogs) and click on her mirror.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #324

To equip cosmetics, go visit Myriam (the mystic that rerolls affixes or does transmogs) and click on her mirror.
    Heh got it, thanks. I couldnt figure out how to activate the thing and the only info I could pull up from a search was from sites offering to sell it to me. /eyeroll. Also, I had to unload a few bloodshards on kabala and managed to get lucky. I got The Grandfather. Its probably the most basic legendary possible, its only "special" trait is it ignores durability loss. But it had better dps than the 70 legendary daibo I crafted so I cant complain. Something like a 25% dps boost. Was able to enchant a socket onto it and dropped a high end emerald.

Also I FINALLY got around to extracting my sweeping winds belt effect so I could get something above level 25 for a belt. I even got lucky and got a portal to greed's lair. I think I popped through like 5 gold gathering achieves in there lol. Got a boon of the hoarder gem off the boss as well. This was a very busy and productive play session in other words.

25. - Top - End - #325

Got both conquests done tonight. *Pumps fist*

Curses! - Soloed this one. Getting that damn Act V chest to spawn was a real pain but at least I got to farm some breaths each time it didn't show. (Protip - the ziggurat it appears on always seems to spawn west of the waypoint.)

Speed Demon - Pugged this one. SWK monks are pretty handy for this, so if one ends up in your game, rejoice No one seemed to mind when I slammed the rift shut.

Now all I need are 3 more levels on my gems and that's it, I'm the proud owner of season stash tab #2.
    Stash tab get! That took even less time than the last one. I preferred the S5 journey though, mastering those dungeons felt like much more of an accomplishment than spamming Act V looking for the one cursed chest in the entire game that can spawn 350.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-08 at 03:56 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

The set dungeons are in the PS4. We tried Tal Rasha but couldn't do it without changing her build completely. So we went to Marauders, beat it once but didn't master it. Stupid worms knocked us out a few times.

27. - Top - End - #327

All right, progress is being made, I went from having to stick to master difficulty to torment 2 being a breeze as I slowly make my way through the season stuff. Cleared the keywardens on torment 2 (even though torment 1 would have sufficed) mainly as a test to see if I could handle it. The answer being yes. Im pretty sure that torment 3 will be a solid cruising difficulty for me atm, though i should be able to pull off the zultan khule kill and such with moderate difficulty on the higher setting. Soon I will have my full set of gear and get to play with the newest setup. Im curious to see for myself how the whole 4 man mystic ally deal will work as I have honestly never actually used that skill at all.

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    The set dungeons are in the PS4. We tried Tal Rasha but couldn't do it without changing her build completely. So we went to Marauders, beat it once but didn't master it. Stupid worms knocked us out a few times.
    Yeah, the worms in both of those are annoying as all get out. I managed to master them both after a few tries though.

All right, progress is being made, I went from having to stick to master difficulty to torment 2 being a breeze as I slowly make my way through the season stuff. Cleared the keywardens on torment 2 (even though torment 1 would have sufficed) mainly as a test to see if I could handle it. The answer being yes. Im pretty sure that torment 3 will be a solid cruising difficulty for me atm, though i should be able to pull off the zultan khule kill and such with moderate difficulty on the higher setting. Soon I will have my full set of gear and get to play with the newest setup. Im curious to see for myself how the whole 4 man mystic ally deal will work as I have honestly never actually used that skill at all.
    If you find yourself with excess shards from bounties or rifts, gamble boots until you get your hands on feet in these bad boys.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-05-08 at 12:28 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #329

Would that net me 8 mystic allies or something?

30. - Top - End - #330

Would that net me 8 mystic allies or something?
    Yes, including doubling all their effects. For example, two Air Allies cause you to passively regen twice as much spirit, which is usually enough to let you dump Exalted Soul/Transcendence and still not run out.

Combine with Binding of Lesser Gods (the color scheme of course is a hint that you should wear that with Innas) and all 8 of your allies will wreak havoc on any enemies you've vaccumed into a central point.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy