New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Now running with Leorics Crown (70 version, 79% better bonus in head) but no gem in it. The item I thought of that were under 70 were boots (switched them 61 to Illusory Boots). Rolled 10 bracers from Kadala(?) but they were all worse than the bracers (47) I already have equipped. Pants, Rings and Amulet are Yellow, rest is Legendary (belt is ancient). Currently wearing Born Set-Chest due to it being a upgrade to what I had there before.

I ran all 5 Act Bounties in Torment 1 now and it was easy... except for some stupid mistakes... no set pieces or Ring of Royal Grandeur so far... got to Vault though, have all stashes now.
    Try T1 Rift runs, that's going to be your best bet for legendary class specific set pieces. Also, your build is very important, some builds that work well on lower difficulties really don't work once you start hitting the Torment wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Try T1 Rift runs, that's going to be your best bet for legendary class specific set pieces. Also, your build is very important, some builds that work well on lower difficulties really don't work once you start hitting the Torment wall.
    Currently using the beginner of this icy veins guide.

Fist of Thuder-Quickening
    Lashing Tail Kick-Vulture Claw Kick
    Sweeping Wind-Inner Storm
    Dashing Strike-Way of the Falling Star
    Exploding Palm-Shocking Grasp
    Mantra of Healing-Circular Breathing.

Because I think the Raiment of a Thousand Storm (they advise to get) is needed for even running the other build... albeit I am unsure about that. If someone has another build I should use, I am willing to try it out.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Once you've got your 2pc from Hedrig's Gift and 70 yellows (plus any 61+ ish legendaries that are super handy for your build) or better in all slots, you should be able to handle t1 (and gr10) pretty handily. First thing to do after that is probably get some keystones and then run some GRs to get legendary gems.

Also, if you haven't been to Greed's realm yet and have a puzzle ring, now's the time to cube that thing. Early 70 is the only time you'll be hurting for Gold and even unleveled the Greed gem will rapidly solve that issue in T1+ Normal Rifts (doesn't do anything in GRs so swap it out then) and bounties.

Bounties are weird. You usually want enough mats so that you can fill up your cube slots once you have enough Death's Breath (so three of each type), plus a couple more extracts for legendaries you actually need at 70. After that, unless you're trying to craft a Cain's set for DB farming builds, you won't need much in the way of bounty mats... until you get really late-game.

However, bounties are a GREAT source of Death's Breaths if you can move quickly and kill efficiently, and Death's Breaths are your keys to filling in whatever holes the RNG has left in your gear (especially weapons and, to a lesser extent, jewelry).
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Once you've got your 2pc from Hedrig's Gift and 70 yellows (plus any 61+ ish legendaries that are super handy for your build) or better in all slots, you should be able to handle t1 (and gr10) pretty handily. First thing to do after that is probably get some keystones and then run some GRs to get legendary gems.

Also, if you haven't been to Greed's realm yet and have a puzzle ring, now's the time to cube that thing. Early 70 is the only time you'll be hurting for Gold and even unleveled the Greed gem will rapidly solve that issue in T1+ Normal Rifts (doesn't do anything in GRs so swap it out then) and bounties.

Bounties are weird. You usually want enough mats so that you can fill up your cube slots once you have enough Death's Breath (so three of each type), plus a couple more extracts for legendaries you actually need at 70. After that, unless you're trying to craft a Cain's set for DB farming builds, you won't need much in the way of bounty mats... until you get really late-game.

However, bounties are a GREAT source of Death's Breaths if you can move quickly and kill efficiently, and Death's Breaths are your keys to filling in whatever holes the RNG has left in your gear (especially weapons and, to a lesser extent, jewelry).
    Been to greeds realm and am currently farming for the second recipe for the hellfire ring (got the Amulet).
    Got the GreedGem on 3 now after running a GR12 today. And I got a green fist weapon... that I won't use for now. As well as a Gem that boosts my ranged damage... which is nonexistent on a monk afaik.

Finally could upgrade my Legslot and Wristsslot to a level 70 Legendary. Missing ones are Both rings and Amulet (amulet legendary I got from Bloodshards was ****).
    Should have enough mats for certain things, not enough for other stuff. Could craft some setpieces but doubt that they would be any good. Only got to farm one Act and one Rift today though.... rewatching 3hour lectures takes some time...

Problem with bounties is: I can be sorta quick... but not really quick enough... that it isn't really hard.
    Is there a way to get the materials for the level 60 Hellfire ring? Or can I just get the level 70 materials?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Been to greeds realm and am currently farming for the second recipe for the hellfire ring (got the Amulet).
    Got the GreedGem on 3 now after running a GR12 today. And I got a green fist weapon... that I won't use for now. As well as a Gem that boosts my ranged damage... which is nonexistent on a monk afaik.

Finally could upgrade my Legslot and Wristsslot to a level 70 Legendary. Missing ones are Both rings and Amulet (amulet legendary I got from Bloodshards was ****).
    Should have enough mats for certain things, not enough for other stuff. Could craft some setpieces but doubt that they would be any good. Only got to farm one Act and one Rift today though.... rewatching 3hour lectures takes some time...

Problem with bounties is: I can be sorta quick... but not really quick enough... that it isn't really hard.
    Is there a way to get the materials for the level 60 Hellfire ring? Or can I just get the level 70 materials?
    I'm not sure why you'd want either Hellfire ring, to be honest. Everything I see just gushes about getting a good passive on the amulet. Unless you have no other pieces you want from Kadala, I'd recommend against trying to gamble rings, amulets, or weapons from her. Cain's Hope is a much better way to go for those slots.

However, if you really do have nothing else you want, save some of those Kadala jewelry yellows for Cain's Hope fodder, that way you don't have to dip into your gem stock to make yellow jewelry to upgrade once you've got the Death's Breaths!

Edit: Also regarding bounties, if you do nothing else in a public group, do those (usually at t1 or one torment lower than what you normally handle solo, preferably t1, 4, 7, or 10). Everyone splits up and runs separate bounties, so you get mats 4x faster than you would solo. Just make sure you don't accept credit for the cache (so don't click on or even near Tyrael, just in case) until it's that act's turn as the bonus act.

When people split run bounties, everyone does the bonus act first. The first one to finish does the fifth quest in that act and then turns in the cache. (Then one of the remaining acts becomes the bonus act.) The other three players basically guess which act will be next since they'll probably finish their first bounty before the fastest player is done with their second, or instead of guessing they pick bounties they know are easy, fast, or profitable to run. (Please don't go hunting the act 2 keywarden unless he pops up somewhat near where the bounty actually is.)

It's quite common to have entire acts complete without being the bonus act because of repeated missed guesses (or players will specifically leave a bounty open and move on to the next act to avoid this next bit), so watch where you click while you're in town! If you talk to Tyrael when it's not the bonus act but all five bounties are complete, you're costing all four players in the game, including yourself, a bonus cache.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-08-30 at 05:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So I was doing Keystone farming recently, and discovered that in a T4 rift, the Guardian can drop multiple Keystones. This is a change I didn't know about, but is there any way to predict how this scales now? Will a T8 Guardian drop 3?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So I was doing Keystone farming recently, and discovered that in a T4 rift, the Guardian can drop multiple Keystones. This is a change I didn't know about, but is there any way to predict how this scales now? Will a T8 Guardian drop 3?
    "GR Key" Column
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #428
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

So, picked up an interesting Source for my Wizard today. Lets any other damaging energy-using skill proc every second off of Disintegrate. So I hooked it up with Blizzard + Armegeddon.

Ummm... wow. All the things die now.

Also, switched out Arcane Shield + crit chance bonus for Storm Shield + cost reduction. I was worried that it might make me squishier and die more often. What it actually did was made all the things die faster so I never had to worry about it. I can pretty much keep Disintegrate up indefinitely as long as it is hitting at least two opponents at any given time.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #430
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, picked up an interesting Source for my Wizard today. Lets any other damaging energy-using skill proc every second off of Disintegrate. So I hooked it up with Blizzard + Armegeddon.

Ummm... wow. All the things die now. .
    O_O I want that. Do you know if it's Season only item currently? Because really, really wouldn't want to start a new character all over again..
    Well that was awkward.

11. - Top - End - #431

Ummm... wow. All the things die now.

Also, switched out Arcane Shield + crit chance bonus for Storm Shield + cost reduction. I was worried that it might make me squishier and die more often. What it actually did was made all the things die faster so I never had to worry about it. I can pretty much keep Disintegrate up indefinitely as long as it is hitting at least two opponents at any given time.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    O_O I want that. Do you know if it's Season only item currently? Because really, really wouldn't want to start a new character all over again..
    1) It was added two seasons ago or so.
    2) There are no longer "season-only" items - rather, the incentive for playing seasons is the stash tab and non-gameplay effects like the portrait frames/achievements.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

The only source I don't have is the one I'm actually looking for: Light of Grace.

That plus the one that procs energy-spenders every second cubed plus the channeling shoulders and using a regular Blizzard gives you a cold-focused character with some pretty ridiculous battlefield control
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

...That combination leaves me wanting to arm the character with a Rimeheart+Iceblink.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    ...That combination leaves me wanting to arm the character with a Rimeheart+Iceblink.
    That sounds like a profitable combination, yes. Maybe Deslerie's with Frozen Orb and Slow Time? Combo with Tal and Des?
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2016-09-01 at 02:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

After reaching Paragon 54 and thinking: "Ok I now know some things with this monk" I decided to try out the Season, rolled a Monk (female this time) and leveled her to level 8 in Act1 story mode (trying to find Leorics Crown and knowing that leveling without an AoE attack is pretty much a slog in Adventure mode).
    Will play solo a bit and just try to hit 70, then I'll look how far I can go with it in this season.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

16. - Top - End - #436
    Troll in the Playground

I wouldn't say that Adventure Mode is any worse than Story Mode without AoE. Adventure seems to get me levels faster (probably because every zone I go to I have a quest objective worth a bunch of bonus XP), and your level determines what skills you have available. I wouldn't bother farming for one specific legendary while leveling, either; you're just going to replace it with a yellow within a couple hours of playtime anyway. Just toss any with special abilities in your stash so you can cube them once you start picking up DBs.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Leoric's crown in particular is a guaranteed drop off the Skeleton King on the first kill in story mode (not sure about adventure mode) and tends to drop early on anyways. After I hit about 20 I usually hop over to Story mode and kill the Skeleton King for the crown, socket it, and then go back to adventure mode.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

My seasonal journey started to take off now. Finished Chapter 1 and managed to start with 3/10 of chapter 2 (get Kanais cube, equip a follower completely and something else).
    Monk is level 53 and I basically ran bounties and a few rifts so far... lucked out on a weapon and boot legendary combo (both enhancing Lashing Tail Kick... had to kill the butcher... he fell in 10 seconds.
    Chapter 2 seems easy enough though, get level 70, all 3 crafter to 12, and some expert/master difficulty boss killing at level 70. According to the progress notification I should have done one or two things in chapter 3 already.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

I am no win chapter 4 and only need to reach GR20, just used my second Key for GR15.
    It was quite quick but I am still missing some key components for the build I am running (mainly Shenlongs fists... just not enough Death's Breath).
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Heads up, season ends Friday, if you (like me) put in a bunch of time at the start of the season and then the WoW expansion dropped, finish up what you were working on quick! If you mostly play solo, the Stash Tab actually takes a fair bit of doing.

21. - Top - End - #441

Heads up, season ends Friday, if you (like me) put in a bunch of time at the start of the season and then the WoW expansion dropped, finish up what you were working on quick! If you mostly play solo, the Stash Tab actually takes a fair bit of doing.
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Damn Blizzard and their timesink games...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

Shouldn't there be, like, a patch on the PTR for the next season already then? I don't any info on Blizzard's site. I haven't played in months, got super bored, and been into Overwatch.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Shouldn't there be, like, a patch on the PTR for the next season already then? I don't any info on Blizzard's site. I haven't played in months, got super bored, and been into Overwatch.
    There's the big "Season 7 ending soon" on the battle.net app splash page?

I still need to do about half of the things in the last two season achievement tiers- another conquest (already got Avarice), kill a bunch of bosses, the one that worries me is the 5 min t13 rift.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

There was a WoW expansion?

Huh, I feel kinda out of the loop. I suppose not having to pay monthly fees for a game I already purchased makes up for it, though.

Starting to put together a 'Winter Wizard' build. Frost Ray + Blizzard. Sphere that gives Frost Ray piercing, and it's basically a better version of Disintegrate. Use the shoulders that spams spenders when channeling. Watch as the whole field gets frozen in place. Maybe have Frozen Sphere as well for it to spam, and Slow Time for Deslerie's gear.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

There was a WoW expansion?

Huh, I feel kinda out of the loop. I suppose not having to pay monthly fees for a game I already purchased makes up for it, though.

Starting to put together a 'Winter Wizard' build. Frost Ray + Blizzard. Sphere that gives Frost Ray piercing, and it's basically a better version of Disintegrate. Use the shoulders that spams spenders when channeling. Watch as the whole field gets frozen in place. Maybe have Frozen Sphere as well for it to spam, and Slow Time for Deslerie's gear.
    Eh, the subscription is totally worth it. My wife and I get far more value out of our month of WoW each than we would out of comparable couple's activities (like one lunch date or two movie tickets and half a bucket of popcorn per month) and we don't share the same tastes when it comes to most other games. You can easily spend more than a WoW subscription on a couple trips to Starbucks, and WoW has an absolutely staggering amount of content compared to other games.

So, what GR should I be able to clear in order to make a 5 minute t13 regular rift, or not be a hindrance in a group trying for the same? GR67 or so solo only seems to translate to doing ~t12 in 7-8 minutes (granted both times I've timed myself I've gotten fairly sparse tunnels for the first rift). T13 solo I can manage but things don't die super fast and I have the occasional death, usually to Jailer+Elemental hazards. WW barb. Paragon ~530, 2 Caldensann's totaling about 90 (so ~450 STR), one decent and one kinda crappy ancient for weapons, Gems ~60. I haven't been able to try out some of the more speedrun-oriented builds because I haven't gotten a second Skull Grasp to cube yet.

26. - Top - End - #446

"Shoulders?" Isn't that an orb?

Eh, the subscription is totally worth it. My wife and I get far more value out of our month of WoW each than we would out of comparable couple's activities (like one lunch date or two movie tickets and half a bucket of popcorn per month) and we don't share the same tastes when it comes to most other games. You can easily spend more than a WoW subscription on a couple trips to Starbucks, and WoW has an absolutely staggering amount of content compared to other games.
    Agreed, $15/mo is peanuts compared to the enjoyment I'm getting. And now that WoW has GRs too, there's actually an endgame I care about. (Raiding sure as hell wasn't it.)

So, what GR should I be able to clear in order to make a 5 minute t13 regular rift, or not be a hindrance in a group trying for the same?
    My advice is that you don't worry about being a burden and just pug it out. Half of the folks running T13 are bots anyway.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    "Shoulders?" Isn't that an orb?
    Ahh, right. I was thinking of these which should also be worn with this set. Cube one of Etched Sigil or Light of Grace, wield the other. This is one of the few builds where Firewalker's Boots actually doesn't make sense due to channeling focus.

Agreed, $15/mo is peanuts compared to the enjoyment I'm getting. And now that WoW has GRs too, there's actually an endgame I care about. (Raiding sure as hell wasn't it.)
    I enjoyed raiding back when I played Everquest. But no, $30 a month for both me and my wife? Pass, I'll get a Netflix account and take in all the movies I want to watch with my other half. Save the rest back.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

They would have to pay me to put up with the community in WoW.

I had just barely gotten a wizard to 70 this season, so I spent last night blowing through the chapters stuff to get Tal Rasha. Got crazy lucky at Kadala and scored an Aquila Cuirass on my last blood shards, which combined with the belt that basically eliminates channeling costs gave me the toughness I needed for the GR20.

After playing with the set, though... I guess it's kind of cool that it forces you to not specialize in one damage type, but it doesn't really sit that well with me. The meteors would sometimes hit where my target was and sometimes fall at my feet doing nothing, and keeping track of the timing for them was kind of a pain.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

29. - Top - End - #449

Ahh, right. I was thinking of these which should also be worn with this set. Cube one of Etched Sigil or Light of Grace, wield the other. This is one of the few builds where Firewalker's Boots actually doesn't make sense due to channeling focus.
    That's most builds really - Firewalkers are jank and the vast majority of sets have a boots slot item anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I had just barely gotten a wizard to 70 this season, so I spent last night blowing through the chapters stuff to get Tal Rasha. Got crazy lucky at Kadala and scored an Aquila Cuirass on my last blood shards, which combined with the belt that basically eliminates channeling costs gave me the toughness I needed for the GR20.

After playing with the set, though... I guess it's kind of cool that it forces you to not specialize in one damage type, but it doesn't really sit that well with me. The meteors would sometimes hit where my target was and sometimes fall at my feet doing nothing, and keeping track of the timing for them was kind of a pain.
    The easy way to make the meteors hit is using "nova" abilities (i.e. close-range AoE spells.) That way the meteors will always fall at your feet, which is where the monsters will be, and everything you do benefits from Audacity. Your go-to abilities here will be Explosive Blast, Calamity and Black Hole.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I enjoyed raiding back when I played Everquest. But no, $30 a month for both me and my wife? Pass, I'll get a Netflix account and take in all the movies I want to watch with my other half. Save the rest back.
    If you're movie people that makes sense- we're really not. It really depends on how you look at it- for us, WoW is insanely good value for the money.

Anyways, eked out my stash tab last night. Took a lot longer than I expected since my router started trolling me and DCing me 2/3rds of the way into GR67/68 Empowered Rifts.

On one hand, WW is kind of tedious. I basically hold one mouse button down and keep most other abilities as active as I possibly can. White mobs start to get really, really beefy and I feel more and more fragile.

On the other hand, WW is a lot of fun. Things take so long to die that I can't clear a GR in time unless I can put together huge packs of mobs and usually have a couple champion/elites to deal with at the same time. Avoiding all the hazards, not getting swatted by the bruiser mobs, making sure I dance out of reach for that brief period of time where my defensive CDs is down because my gear isn't perfectly itemized, timing major attacks with CoE... it's pretty hectic but as long as the rift is giving me areas with lots of mobs, dancing right on the edge is fun.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-10-14 at 12:06 PM.