New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Where can I find the Lightning Vyrasha build? I'm guessing Vyr's Fantastic Finery combined with Tal Rasha's set? My cache has several pieces of both sets, a pair of Chantodo wands and a source.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Where can I find the Lightning Vyrasha build? I'm guessing Vyr's Fantastic Finery combined with Tal Rasha's set? My cache has several pieces of both sets, a pair of Chantodo wands and a source.
    Here ya go

Just got F&R and my 6th piece of UE on my DH. Went from 10 minute GR 50s to 4 minute GR 50s. Woop woop

Just need an ancient Yang's and I'll really be in business... DML rolled 53%/94%, so it's not too bad, and came with 8% elite damage too.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

3. - Top - End - #723
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    When I tried LTK I didn't have all the pieces of either Sunwuko build, but I probably should take another look at it.

In terms of the goal... well, short term, I need to augment SOMETHING to continue on the season journey. I would prefer it be something I'm going to be using, and is good enough that I will likely continue to use it for some time. Ideally it would be something that would help me complete the rest of the Journey, but right now the only relevant Ancient I have for WoL Sunwuko (which I have been enjoying) is a pair of fairly badly rolled set pants. I have a couple really good ancients (LoN ring and Ancient Hellfire Amulet), but nothing that would benefit the current build.
    Eh, I augmented Pinto's Pride (the WoL bracer) even though that build is no good for 90+. It can do the journey at least.

I mean, it's not like L50 gems are hard to get anymore - we get 5 skillups per run now!

It doesn't actually use Chantodos (for starters, that's how bloody powerful it is, but more importantly it is a long-range build anyway) but otherwise, see Derjuin's post.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, back up to level 70 (220 Paragons), and I've got most of the pieces for the Lightning VyRasha build. Just missing Pig Sticker (really?) and the Manald Heal. Doing okay on T3 so far. Just still trying to get used to how it works.

That, and I'm a little low on Topazes. Time to kill some bounty-bosses, I guess. I also need to get my Bane of the Trapped back up to 25, and Zei's stone up there too.

My wife has decided she's done with Hard Core. Too frustrating when she dies. So I'll probably switch back to regular too.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #725

Okay, back up to level 70 (220 Paragons), and I've got most of the pieces for the Lightning VyRasha build. Just missing Pig Sticker (really?) and the Manald Heal.
    I take it you lost your ancient Starfire

Sticker has very fast attack speed and 5 primary affixes, along with two semi-relevant secondaries. If you're not going with the long-range variant it works well. Back when Hack was bugged, it was the BiS pick for Invokers too for that reason - basically its the best generic one-hand weapon for most classes, just like Furnace is the best generic 2-hander.

My wife has decided she's done with Hard Core. Too frustrating when she dies. So I'll probably switch back to regular too.
    Understandable. I'm going to stick with it for a bit myself; the "bragging rights" that come from hitting max difficulty without dying once don't matter to me, but I've discovered that Hardcore has some unique cosmetics like banner shapes if you complete even the simpler achievements on it, so I'm going to see how many of those I can rack up.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I don't understand how Sunwuko LTK is supposed to work. Even with the extra stacks from the off-hand, I usually run out of Sweeping Wind before I kill things.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

7. - Top - End - #727

I don't understand how Sunwuko LTK is supposed to work. Even with the extra stacks from the off-hand, I usually run out of Sweeping Wind before I kill things.
    Basically you dash in and spam LTK either until everything is dead, or until you have 1-2 stacks left. If the latter happens first, quickly dash back out of melee and wait 4 seconds, which should be enough time for all your stacks to regenerate from the Kyoshiro belt. Rinse and repeat until that pack is down.

With big enough packs, you should be spending stacks as quickly as you make them (since you'll be critting at least one mob each kick, thus refunding the stack you spent)

From what I understand, the LoN variant is much smoother to play as there are no stacks to manage - you simply have all the damage and toughness of Sunwuko without needing sweeping wind at all. I wish I had all the ancients needed to try it myself!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Basically you dash in and spam LTK either until everything is dead, or until you have 1-2 stacks left. If the latter happens first, quickly dash back out of melee and wait 4 seconds, which should be enough time for all your stacks to regenerate from the Kyoshiro belt. Rinse and repeat until that pack is down.

With big enough packs, you should be spending stacks as quickly as you make them (since you'll be critting at least one mob each kick, thus refunding the stack you spent)

From what I understand, the LoN variant is much smoother to play as there are no stacks to manage - you simply have all the damage and toughness of Sunwuko without needing sweeping wind at all. I wish I had all the ancients needed to try it myself!
    1: I must not be getting large enough packs then.
    2: Dashing out and waiting 4 seconds sucks. Especially against things like teleporting or fast affixes, or mobs like leapers. But the thing does just eat through stacks.
    3: I, too, wish I had all the ancients.

...Y'know, the only build specific Ancients I'm aware of for LTK are Scarbringer, Gyana Na Kwhatever, Rivera Dancers, and the LoN Rings. I'm actually just short Rivera Dancers. I don't necessarily have the right/optimal ancient for the other slots but I probably have an ancient for the other slots. I might have to fill in some areas with set items, but as long as I only have one item from a set...

9. - Top - End - #729

1: I must not be getting large enough packs then.
    2: Dashing out and waiting 4 seconds sucks. Especially against things like teleporting or fast affixes, or mobs like leapers. But the thing does just eat through stacks.
    3: I, too, wish I had all the ancients.

...Y'know, the only build specific Ancients I'm aware of for LTK are Scarbringer, Gyana Na Kwhatever, Rivera Dancers, and the LoN Rings. I'm actually just short Rivera Dancers. I don't necessarily have the right/optimal ancient for the other slots but I probably have an ancient for the other slots. I might have to fill in some areas with set items, but as long as I only have one item from a set...
    Yep, you can wear ancient greens as long as you don't complete a 2pc bonus and deactivate your LoN.

I agree that Wuko LTK is annoying to keep the stacks up, but the damage potential is just so good...
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

I take it you lost your ancient Starfire
    Yeah. I currently have ancient boots - Illusory, Fire Walkers, and Disregard, pants - the ones that convert your life per second into a death field, and the Ring of Royal Grandeur. And 250+ paragons. I need to get another RoRG so I can burn one into the Cube.

I now have the Unstable Scepter and Slorak's Madness (+28% to Disintegrate - But overall stats make it 32% worse than the Thunderfury I've found)
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-01-23 at 09:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731

Deaths Bargain? Aren't those pants a liability in hardcore?

Anyhow, I dunno - I almost feel like in HC I wouldn't wear ancient gear at all (especially not weapons) and just keep the really good stuff in the cube forever Better that than knowing I lost an ancient Woh or something that would take eons to replace. My goal is more or less just to be able to hit T13 and do all those achievements for the HC-only cosmetics, then stop. I'll only do another HC seasonal if the softcore rewards aren't worth it anymore. (My hunch though is that the next season will be the Necromancer, which I'll do on SC so that I can learn him safely and get his Gift as a free set.)

Speaking of HC, my Witch Doctor got his first set bonus - 2pc Arachyr, which has gotten me from T3 to T5 on its own. One more piece will get me the 4pc bonus, which should get me farming T6 - high enough I believe to start guaranteeing legendaries from the caches and machines from the keywardens. Sages has been a big help as well. I forgot how hard it is to farm in the beginning with no Gift, but it's also been funny too - people in Hardcore public games seem really paranoid. I've seen people 400+ paragon and class sets farming T1. I can get being cautious, but there are limits
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, I'm not saying I wear them. Just that those are the only ancient items currently in my possession.

I'm back to my Tal-Rasha w/ Firebird build, with Focus & Restraint, and I'm breezing through T7. Probably time to move up to T8. Only problem is my toughness. One arrow drops me about a third of my health.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Anyhow, I dunno - I almost feel like in HC I wouldn't wear ancient gear at all (especially not weapons) and just keep the really good stuff in the cube forever Better that than knowing I lost an ancient Woh or something that would take eons to replace. My goal is more or less just to be able to hit T13 and do all those achievements for the HC-only cosmetics, then stop. I'll only do another HC seasonal if the softcore rewards aren't worth it anymore. (My hunch though is that the next season will be the Necromancer, which I'll do on SC so that I can learn him safely and get his Gift as a free set.)

Speaking of HC, my Witch Doctor got his first set bonus - 2pc Arachyr, which has gotten me from T3 to T5 on its own. One more piece will get me the 4pc bonus, which should get me farming T6 - high enough I believe to start guaranteeing legendaries from the caches and machines from the keywardens. Sages has been a big help as well. I forgot how hard it is to farm in the beginning with no Gift, but it's also been funny too - people in Hardcore public games seem really paranoid. I've seen people 400+ paragon and class sets farming T1. I can get being cautious, but there are limits
    If you never use them, it's like they never dropped. Better to wear them and lose them than never use them at all.

Also if you use them, you're less likely to die in the first place.

Re: LoN LTK
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Regular Cindercoat and Rivera Dancers
    Ancient: Scarbringer, Rabid Strike, Gyana Na Whatever (LTK helm), L's Soliloquy, Strongarm Bracers, Hellfire Amulet, Magefist, Sunwuko Pants, Witching Hour, both LoN rings.

Cindercoat + not having to manage Sweeping wind stacks really helps the build out.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Found an Ancient Deathwish, which *finally* replaces the silly ancient wand with no legendary properties I've been using. Pairs nicely with the relevant channeling shoulders and source. Now I just need hergbrash's binding and I'll be all set!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

If you never use them, it's like they never dropped. Better to wear them and lose them than never use them at all.

Also if you use them, you're less likely to die in the first place.
    Also, your Seasonal Hard Core gear just goes into your Non-Seasonal Hard Core Stash. It's not like if it's still in your cache at the end of the Season, you can share it with your non-hardcore characters. So you may as well use it. I could see saving it until you have LoN, or enough Ancients to make that feasible. But if it's better than what you;re currently using, you might as well use it. Heck I even used the two-handed mace version of Death's Bargain (killed enemies explode for XXX% of your Life per Kill) for a while, because, even without my life per kill, it was still better than anything else I had at the time.

16. - Top - End - #736

I know it's a silly approach but I can't quite shake it. Part of it is because I only want to do the "strip all the level requirements" bit off of one set of gear for inevitable replacement characters. Though I suppose I can just make a leveling set and do it to that, something that can crank the difficulty all the way up to TX and relevel quickly solo. I guess that gives me something else to work toward on this character.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Found an Ancient Deathwish, which *finally* replaces the silly ancient wand with no legendary properties I've been using. Pairs nicely with the relevant channeling shoulders and source. Now I just need hergbrash's binding and I'll be all set!
    Woot!

Hmm... Kinda want to try LoN Etched Sigil. All the fun/power of Firebirds without having to hunt elites.

(quick build)

Also, your Seasonal Hard Core gear just goes into your Non-Seasonal Hard Core Stash. It's not like if it's still in your cache at the end of the Season, you can share it with your non-hardcore characters. So you may as well use it. I could see saving it until you have LoN, or enough Ancients to make that feasible. But if it's better than what you;re currently using, you might as well use it. Heck I even used the two-handed mace version of Death's Bargain (killed enemies explode for XXX% of your Life per Kill) for a while, because, even without my life per kill, it was still better than anything else I had at the time.
    You're right of course. I'd just hate the thought of finding something really rare on HC and having it be gone.

To that end, I have absolutely no plans on making any LoN builds on HC. Both due to the time expenditure required to get the needed ancients, and my desire to experiment / tinker with them vying with the permanence of death for messing up.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... Kinda want to try LoN Etched Sigil. All the fun/power of Firebirds without having to hunt elites.

(quick build)
    Why not do both?
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #738

Why not do both?
    Are you missing a Firebirds piece? Without the 6pc (or LoN) you're losing a lot of damage and toughness. Unless you're sticking to lower difficulties?

(Also, why F+R? You have no generator; shouldn't that be EW?)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #739
    Titan in the Playground

Are you missing a Firebirds piece? Without the 6pc (or LoN) you're losing a lot of damage and toughness. Unless you're sticking to lower difficulties?

(Also, why F+R? You have no generator; shouldn't that be EW?)
    Yea, swap Aquila Cuirass with Firebird.

I thought F+R procs on resource-generating OR resource-spending. Disintegrate is resource-spending. If that is not the case, then swap F+R with SoJ (with bonus Fire damage) + Unity (assuming companion has Unity and the invincibility companion piece). Or pull RRoG off of the cube and onto a finger with either SoJ (offense) or Unity (defensive option) and toss something like the Cameo in the cube slot.

Between Goldwrap in the Cube + Boon of the Hoarder and the 6 piece firebirds set, you should be good defensive-wise even without the Cuirass.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2017-01-25 at 12:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740

I thought F+R procs on resource-generating OR resource-spending. Disintegrate is resource-spending.
    Well, you need both to get the full benefit. Meaning you use a generator, you get +50% multiplicative. Then you use a spender, you get +50% more multiplicative. Total increase = +125%. If you're using only one of the pair, it's a bit of a waste, since running Endless Walk instead could give you +100% alongside Convention of Elements for another +200% during that element's cycle, and your RRoG.

Between Goldwrap in the Cube + Boon of the Hoarder and the 6 piece firebirds set, you should be good defensive-wise even without the Cuirass.
    Goldwrap is excellent for speedfarming, but remember that it is useless in GRs. Gold doesn't drop there after all. And if speedfarming is your goal, you might be better off with a build that can move and attack at the same time, e.g. something with Explosive Blast.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Can I just say that Haedrig's gift hunting is a pain in the buttocks for crusader? it is so damn painful to be an unkillable death machine and not be able to deal any damage because half your gear (which is statistically fine) is crap.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Can I just say that Haedrig's gift hunting is a pain in the buttocks for crusader? it is so damn painful to be an unkillable death machine and not be able to deal any damage because half your gear (which is statistically fine) is crap.
    By "crap" do you mean "Statistically fine but not the right gear for the set build?"

The set bonus for each of the sets is more than strong enough to get the player to the next gift, AFAIK. Unless you're trying to farm T8 with only your 2PC. You don't need to leave T4 in order to get your last gift IIRC.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

It's "fine" for Thorns of the Invoker. Thorns of the Invoker just doesn't get any offensive presence until you hit the 6 piece set.

24. - Top - End - #744

It's "fine" for Thorns of the Invoker. Thorns of the Invoker just doesn't get any offensive presence until you hit the 6 piece set.
    Are you using Provoke and Condemn? You should have little problem (a) forcing things to hit you, thus triggering your thorns, and (b) bunching enemies up so that the AoE thorns effect hits them all. (Also, ranged attacks trigger it too, so just throw yourself in front of projectiles too.)

Failing that, upgrade axes until you get Hack, which you'll need for your build anyway. There are only 7 of them so you have pretty good odds. (Compare to swords, where you have less than a 1/18 shot of getting the In-Geom you want, or the nightmare that is shopping for a specific wand/fist weapon/ceremonial knife.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Bombardment: Barrel of Spikes? IIRC there's a ground effect rune that doubles your thorns, pop it with Akkhan, drop Bombardment, then your belt will drop it (if you have the belt), everything on the screen will die.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

So much fun trying to find a decent weapon....

My Wizard found Furnace. My Crusader has the flail that Smites two extra times, and my Hardcore Wizard is using Devil Tongue because nothing else I've come across is better. I've got Slorek's Madness, which would be great for my DisintaRasha build (+28% to disintegrate), except that it does 20% less damage overall than Tongue. <sigh>

27. - Top - End - #747

So much fun trying to find a decent weapon....

My Wizard found Furnace. My Crusader has the flail that Smites two extra times, and my Hardcore Wizard is using Devil Tongue because nothing else I've come across is better. I've got Slorek's Madness, which would be great for my DisintaRasha build (+28% to disintegrate), except that it does 20% less damage overall than Tongue. <sigh>
    And if that weren't enough, the taunt effect probably wouldn't be the best way for a HC character to go out
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

If you get an ancient weapon for your build (and your build isn't zdps), how low a damage range are you wiling to live with in order to reroll a different stat?

29. - Top - End - #749

If you get an ancient weapon for your build (and your build isn't zdps), how low a damage range are you wiling to live with in order to reroll a different stat?
    importing to d3planner will show you how close your weapon is to perfection. There are then calculators you can use to figure out which stat makes the most sense to reroll, or you can just tinker with the weapon there and see which result gives you the best sheet values.

It also depends on the stat you're rerolling - changing something like Life on Hit or an existing socket to attack speed / bonus damage / elite damage is usually going to be a bigger boost than leaving that stat alone and fishing for maximum on the range. (i.e. your damage range would have to be pretty low for rerolling it in that instance to be more worthwhile.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

importing to d3planner will show you how close your weapon is to perfection. There are then calculators you can use to figure out which stat makes the most sense to reroll, or you can just tinker with the weapon there and see which result gives you the best sheet values.

It also depends on the stat you're rerolling - changing something like Life on Hit or an existing socket to attack speed / bonus damage / elite damage is usually going to be a bigger boost than leaving that stat alone and fishing for maximum on the range. (i.e. your damage range would have to be pretty low for rerolling it in that instance to be more worthwhile.)
    Life on Hit has far more significant effect on gameplay than a small-ish increase in damage, at least for some builds. For instance, my LoN LTK monk's main issue atm (aside from a lack of Ancient Rivera Dancers) is no LoH on either of his weapons. Incidental damage from hazards and projectiles builds up over time instead of getting healed off, resulting in more frequent potion usage/death when potion is not available/standing around waiting for potion to come off cd.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't reroll LoH unless I really, REALLY needed to hit a CDR breakpoint or something.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-01-31 at 03:39 PM.