New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

I liked Hammerdin before it was cool. *hipster glasses*

In all seriousness, I'm glad it was buffed to the nines (and doubly glad that Faithful Memory won't show up on my other characters anymore) but i tend to have an aversion to builds that are too effective. It's the same reason I find myself reluctant to play Archon wizards anymore.

OF the Crusader builds though, that one is indeed my favorite. Akkhan has no idea what it wants to be, Thornsader isn't my style, and Roland's is just irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #932
    Colossus in the Playground

Heh, so I started up my witchdoctor seasonal and one of the first legendaries I got was the broken crown or whatever its called where every time you loot a gem, another one of the type in the helm is dropped. I figure this will be a quick way to boost up my important gems as I go through the bounties and such. Just gotta remember to switch them out from time to time. Out of curiosity, whats the best generator skill to use? Im currently in my low 20s so keep that in mind. Frogs? Spiders? Darts? Firebombs? Keep in mind I have no legendaries that boost any of them yet. I was using spiders for awhile, they seemed to be effective with the jumping spider rune at forming vast swarms while I drop acid rain and locusts on everything.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #933

I am loving what they did to Raekor's. The set itself was buffed considerably since the last time I played it - you can stack up unlimited charge damage boosts now, then unload a bunch of them at once. And they turned Seismic Slam into a fury dump too for those of us who hated Boulder Toss!

Using this set (and a little help from IK) I was able to go from T4 to T10 in a single night.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh, so I started up my witchdoctor seasonal and one of the first legendaries I got was the broken crown or whatever its called where every time you loot a gem, another one of the type in the helm is dropped. I figure this will be a quick way to boost up my important gems as I go through the bounties and such. Just gotta remember to switch them out from time to time.
    No need for that - the low level gems don't matter, and even if they did, there's a cube recipe that lets you paint 9 of any gem the color. Even if you doubled all the gems you picked up while leveling to 60, it would probably just amount to one extra Marquise, if that - not worth the effort of tracking. Just run your best ruby up there so you can level as fast as possible.

Out of curiosity, whats the best generator skill to use? Im currently in my low 20s so keep that in mind. Frogs? Spiders? Darts? Firebombs? Keep in mind I have no legendaries that boost any of them yet. I was using spiders for awhile, they seemed to be effective with the jumping spider rune at forming vast swarms while I drop acid rain and locusts on everything.
    Of the WD generators I think spiders do the most damage overall (certainly to single targets that the spiders can focus fire on), though your goal should be to not use a generator at all.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

4. - Top - End - #934
    Banned

Devil

I still kinda hate Hammerdin as a gameplay style. I much prefer the Falling Sword or the Thorns build. Both kinda feel super unique. Only wish is that there was a decent Polearm Transmog useable to make a Dragoon style from Final Fantasy.

5. - Top - End - #935

Ok, first, a rant. Why are half my bounty rewards legendary items for classes that arent me?! So far ive looted two crossbows and two shields (the same damn shield in fact) Even my random world legendary drops are at best generic ones like "100% crit rate if target has full health" on a dagger. The best ive looted so far for my witchdoctor is a nice belt that lets haunt hit an extra target. Which is handy, being able to haunt like three at a time (I picked the extra haunt rune) helps to clear a room of the weak trash super fast, but dang, this season refuses to give me much in the way of class specific legendaries.

The second thing is, deaths breath. Do I have to run rifts to get these? Im in my mid to upper 60s, cant recall offhand, and havent had any drop yet. I would kinda like to upgrade my gems and such further to progress through the chapters. Or do I wait till im 70 and they will start dropping then?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #936

Ok got my deaths breaths was able to max out my artisans and extracted the haunt effect from my belt so I can wear one that isnt level 50ish and still have the effect. Maybe once I hit 70 I will start getting some decent fricking legendaries but so far thats the only one with an effect worth extracting.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ok, first, a rant. Why are half my bounty rewards legendary items for classes that arent me?! So far ive looted two crossbows and two shields (the same damn shield in fact) Even my random world legendary drops are at best generic ones like "100% crit rate if target has full health" on a dagger. The best ive looted so far for my witchdoctor is a nice belt that lets haunt hit an extra target. Which is handy, being able to haunt like three at a time (I picked the extra haunt rune) helps to clear a room of the weak trash super fast, but dang, this season refuses to give me much in the way of class specific legendaries.

The second thing is, deaths breath. Do I have to run rifts to get these? Im in my mid to upper 60s, cant recall offhand, and havent had any drop yet. I would kinda like to upgrade my gems and such further to progress through the chapters. Or do I wait till im 70 and they will start dropping then?
    I believe running rifts and greater rifts will be the fastest way to acquire new gear. Death's Breath would be bounties or non-greater rifts. Alternating rifts and greater rifts is probably the ticket.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

8. - Top - End - #938

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    I believe running rifts and greater rifts will be the fastest way to acquire new gear. Death's Breath would be bounties or non-greater rifts. Alternating rifts and greater rifts is probably the ticket.
    Yeah, just dinged 70 so rifts it is. Well, that plus completing the season challenges as I can. Up to chapter 3 now. *EDIT* Beat three, now to work my way up through 4. The jump to torment 4 for the keywardens is going to be ugly, but im liking my fetish army, even before I got the 4 piece bonus I was able to handle maltheiel a LOT faster than I did before. Also, with the fire and forget spirit barrage rune where it floats overhead and nukes everything nearby, I find myself with a speed boost quite frequently. :p Time to see how noticeable the difference is in damage taken with my fetish army out. My pets never really died anyways so its all about my own personal toughness.
    Last edited by Traab; 2017-04-09 at 03:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939

Mastered two Barbarian set dungeons last night. Immortal King has to be the easiest set dungeon in the game. Got Raekor by the skin of my teeth (2 seconds left.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    I still kinda hate Hammerdin as a gameplay style. I much prefer the Falling Sword or the Thorns build. Both kinda feel super unique. Only wish is that there was a decent Polearm Transmog useable to make a Dragoon style from Final Fantasy.
    If you like Falling Sword, why do you hate Hammerdin? They pretty much go together.

Sounds like you found some, but for future reference - Breaths start dropping at 60+ and only from elites or goblins. The higher the difficulty the greater your odds, up until you hit 100% and then you start getting a chance for double and then triple breath drops.

As for the bounties... yeah, the legendaries in the caches generally aren't great, with the exception of RRoG and maybe Illusory Boots to help with some of the set dungeons. You have a small chance to get non-cache legendaries from the caches (again, scaling with difficulty) but bounties are not intended to be your main source of gear, so just think of the less useful items as funny-shaped Forgotten Souls. (The caches are an easy source of ancients though if you're looking for filler pieces for a LoN build - or just extra souls, now.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #940

Yeah I just made the jump up to torment IV and killed diablo and belial, now to go hunt down some keywardens. Also holy crap do I have to farm a lot of bounties. I need to upgrade a rare to a legendary to complete this chapter? Yeesh. Can someone post a link to a good witchdoctor build for the season set armor? Right now im summoning like 6 zombie dogs, a gargantuan, 8 fetishes, and casting haunt (which hits three targets at a time) and spirit barrage with the rune where it stays above my head and blasts everything around me for 20 seconds. It seems to be working, but im sure its not optimal.

I do like the pets though, it makes me feel like a skellymancer again. Only downside is, when fighting a single mob, not all my pets can join in. On the plus side, in a highly complicated swarm that happens way too damn often for my tastes, I have so many pets that it does a decent job of keeping them off me. So of course half the champs and such have teleportation, or vortex, or other means of making sure I stay right in the middle of their fire chained molten asses. Also, is malthiel supposed to utterly ignore my pets and just keep chasing me? Diablo doesnt do that (diablo is super easy) With him though I spend the whole time running away, recasting haunt and barrage then using the second or two of free time while he ramps up a major attack to spam some spiders on him. Not that big a deal, it just takes longer to kill him because I spend more time running than adding my own extra damage, just curious.

11. - Top - End - #941

Can someone post a link to a good witchdoctor build for the season set armor?
    Here's a good starter speedfarm setup.
    (Mild language warning, he tends to cuss a bit when he gets excited.)

Don't worry if you don't have all the pieces he does - the basic build still works well at the lower torments you're at. The more powerful variant uses Carnevil instead but that can be hard to find (and plays much differently.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-04-10 at 10:53 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #942

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Here's a good starter speedfarm setup.
    (Mild language warning, he tends to cuss a bit when he gets excited.)

Don't worry if you don't have all the pieces he does - the basic build still works well at the lower torments you're at. The more powerful variant uses Carnevil instead but that can be hard to find (and plays much differently.)
    Yeah I did another search myself on icey veins and got what the end result should be with bis and all that stuff. The full set of gear certainly is one synergistic monster of a build if you can get all those legendaries, plus the legendaries you need to extract. I was actually surprised to see its built around NO pets but the fetish army. But then seeing you can get the 8 you initially summon and up to 15 from the passive ability, good god I cant wait to see that mask. All them darts going everywhere, the boosted damage from the full set gear. /sigh #goals. Oh and oops, in my earlier post I was freaking out over the cost to upgrade a yellow to a legendary, I misread the recipe. Thought it was an absurd amount of the various bounty reward drops, not the regular salvage plus deaths breath. Now I just need to kill the keywardens, loot three more breaths so I can upgrade a rare, and get a few more jewelry recipe drops to complete the chapter.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

I've completed Chapter 4, now. I actually got the full Crusader set (Armor of Akkan) while still in chapter 3: set of pants from a random drop, and the chest armor from Kadala. made the Level 20 GR a piece of cake. I think I can do GR 30 solo, but getting up to 34 (to guarantee a successful gem to 25) is going to be trickier. I'm currently using a vaguely hammerdin-ish build, with Blessed Hammer and Falling Sword as my main attacks, and Bombardment (with a Belt of Trove), Shield Glare (uncertainty and @ 360 degrees), Phalanx (archers), and Avatar of Akkan (Prophet) rounding out my skills.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

14. - Top - End - #944

Im trying to play but the game is having issues apparently. I was finally all set to give the keywarden runs a go only to be noped right out of the login screen. I did get to play with the end game witch doctor build though. Even without the full set my fetish army is pretty powerful. I dont get to do much damage at this point, but spamming the grasp spell to hit as many targets as possible and my darts is good practice for when it becomes the ideal way to play. Out of curiosity, that helm that has my fetish troops fire darts whenever I do, what kind of damage do they do? It just says they shoot off a "powerful" poison dart. *EDIT* Got my 4 keywardens cleared, upgraded a rare into the jade harvester and holy crud is that set powerful! Now I need to do the level 20 grift and get the last 4 jewel recipes.
    Last edited by Traab; 2017-04-10 at 04:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945

Out of curiosity, that helm that has my fetish troops fire darts whenever I do, what kind of damage do they do? It just says they shoot off a "powerful" poison dart.
    You answered your own question they shoot poison darts.

(Basically they fire the unruned poison dart. I'm not sure if each one is the same as yours, or if they have more damage on them - but I can confirm for what it's worth that Carnassa can do T13 easily.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #946

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    You answered your own question they shoot poison darts.

(Basically they fire the unruned poison dart. I'm not sure if each one is the same as yours, or if they have more damage on them - but I can confirm for what it's worth that Carnassa can do T13 easily.)
    Well I knew it was poison I just wondered what the damage formula for it was. By saying its "powerful" I assumed it was likely different from my standard dart.

17. - Top - End - #947

Well I knew it was poison I just wondered what the damage formula for it was. By saying its "powerful" I assumed it was likely different from my standard dart.
    From what I've found on Reddit, it works like the FA Head Hunter rune (the one that summons two additional fetishes that shoot poison darts.) Meaning that each dart shot by a fetish is 130% weapon damage. Multiply that by the number of total fetishes you have out (from both FA and the FS passive/Transcendence belt) and you can see how this build does so much single-target damage.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

18. - Top - End - #948

Niiiiiice. Is there a certain level of torment I need to be at before its likely to drop? Or is it pure luck whether high torment or low? Right now im casually destroying torment 3 but only to get my last jewel recipe to finish the chapter.

19. - Top - End - #949

Pure luck. But some items are rarer than others (e.g. Carnevil, Wand of Woh, Furnace etc.), so the higher the difficulty the better your chances - the game will have better odds of rolling "Legendary" when the Voodoo Masks table comes up, which means more of those, which means better odds of it being chosen.

Having said that, if raising the difficulty causes you to clear the rift slowly, it makes more sense to drop back down and clear faster.

Lastly - if you're after a Primal Ancient, you need to be able to solo GR 70 (i.e. T15) within the time limit.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Note: It's only the five closest Fetishes to you. It's still a ton of damage because it counts as pet damage for the Zuni set bonus.

The helm can drop in any Torment, but your best bet is probably using Hope of Cain to upgrade yellow WD masks. Higher Torments have a better chance to drop Legendaries in general, so it's more likely Carnevil will drop in a higher Torment than a lower one. If you're tight on mats and want to save your Breaths for the actual upgrade recipe, gamble helms (head slot) from Kadala. About half of those will be masks- save those in your stash instead of crafting masks at the blacksmith. There's a small chance Kadala will just pop out the headpiece you want, but don't count on it.

Also keep your eye out for Mask of Jeram, Zuni wears one and stores the other in the cube.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

21. - Top - End - #951

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Note: It's only the five closest Fetishes to you. It's still a ton of damage because it counts as pet damage for the Zuni set bonus.
    Right, I forgot they changed it. Which means the damage values may have been tweaked to compensate.

Edit: Yep, just checked - the 2.3 patch notes were when they changed Carnevil - restricting it to 5 fetishes, but pumping their damage through the roof (more than double each).

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Also keep your eye out for Mask of Jeram, Zuni wears one and stores the other in the cube.
    Generally you want Jeram in the cube because the legendary power is variable, while the one on Carnevil is fixed.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-04-11 at 02:46 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #952

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. Heh, just got my first greed run. Looted like 4 legendaries, and lord knows how much gold, tons of gems, etc etc etc. Too bad none of the legendaries was all that useful. (Yay, I can make it rain gold when I finish a kill streak)

23. - Top - End - #953

So I got my full kit of set gear, decided to jump from torment 3 to 5. I then proceeded to kill adria in under 5 seconds. Perhaps its safe to bump myself up a torment or two? :p I also got a couple nice legendary items I extracted the effects from. Wish i could recall what it was, but the one im using now can sometimes summon a mimic of myself that uses some of my skills? Better than the "rain of gold" which is a really pitiful amount not worth the effort. I also got a ring that when enemies die while feared, they explode for 800% weapon damage and fear everything nearby them. Too bad im not using any fear abilities atm. Still going to hold onto it for now.

24. - Top - End - #954

So I got my full kit of set gear, decided to jump from torment 3 to 5. I then proceeded to kill adria in under 5 seconds. Perhaps its safe to bump myself up a torment or two? :p
    That's generally a favorable sign, yes

Note that every two torment levels (i.e. 10 GRs) the enemies' damage and health double.

I also got a couple nice legendary items I extracted the effects from. Wish i could recall what it was, but the one im using now can sometimes summon a mimic of myself that uses some of my skills?
    The Grin Reaper

Also, Haunt of Vaxo

Better than the "rain of gold" which is a really pitiful amount not worth the effort. I also got a ring that when enemies die while feared, they explode for 800% weapon damage and fear everything nearby them. Too bad im not using any fear abilities atm. Still going to hold onto it for now.
    Pandemonium Loop (not going to bother linking it, it's trash)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ettin in the Playground

Pandemonium loop is actively detrimental to your performance. Most builds focus on luring the enemy into compact groups, the better to slam them with Area-of-Effect attacks. Pandemonium Loop scatters the enemy in random directions, making it much harder to kill them all.

I had my Crusader damage up to about 500k. Now it's down to about 250k, but my thorns damage is up to 120k. I'm currently using a Blessed Hammer/Falling Sword build with Bombardment (Barrel of Nails) and the Belt of Trove (random bombardment every 7 seconds). Ultimately I'm aiming for the Bombardment Akkan build, but I'm still missing some key pieces of gear. Is that (Icy-Veins build) the best arrangement for completing/mastering Akkan's Set Dungeon?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

So I got my full kit of set gear, decided to jump from torment 3 to 5. I then proceeded to kill adria in under 5 seconds. Perhaps its safe to bump myself up a torment or two?
    All the class sets I've tried so far can do Torment 6 or 7 pretty comfortably. The better ones can push 8, but going higher than that often needs finding some of the key legendaries that improve the playstyle you want or the generic improvements like Endless Walk, Focus/Restraint, or a pair of Unity for solo defense.

27. - Top - End - #957

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    All the class sets I've tried so far can do Torment 6 or 7 pretty comfortably. The better ones can push 8, but going higher than that often needs finding some of the key legendaries that improve the playstyle you want or the generic improvements like Endless Walk, Focus/Restraint, or a pair of Unity for solo defense.
    The general rule of thumb is that every class set piece you find is a torment level, even assuming yellows in every other slot. If you have complementary legendaries (or small synergistic sets like F+R/EW), that number then leapfrogs quickly.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #958

Just looted a very meh helm, and a surprisingly powerful pair of set pants. Visage of giyua and helltooth leg guards Oh the plus side also ran a torment 5 grift like it was nothing. I justw anted to do these things in stages, you know? I think I will jump to torment 7 and run a rift, just to see how it goes. If its still pretty smooth well, lets see if I can get my other legendaries to drop before I get ahead of myself

29. - Top - End - #959
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've found Helltooth to be very stable and great for climbing easily until ~80ish GR. If you can put that together, you'll have pretty smooth sailing.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

30. - Top - End - #960

Yeah if I can get more that would be great. Ok, so I ran a torment 7 rift. I won, but it was ugly, I died once, had my get out of death card activated a few times, but I cleared it. Think i will drop to 6 and farm those for ease and speed. So torment 6 rifts and whatever that amounts to in grifts for loot and profit.