New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

I got carnevil! Cant wait till my next run to see how much good it does.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #962
    Troll in the Playground

Well I got my Monk to 70 and cleared all of teh Chatper 3 stuff for the season. Now I need to work my way up to Torment IV so I can finish the rest.

I've got the 4 peices of my Monk set, and having all 4 mantras for free is amazing. And with Air Ally out, as well as the Spirit Regen and Reduction bonuses I have, and the spirit boost from Blinding Flash and popping Air Ally, I can to an almost infinite Tempest Rush. And my current rare staff boosts Tempest Rush Damage. I can't wait to see how fast I can melt some things. Esepcially demons, since I have 4 pieces of the Demon's HIde set giving me another 15% damage against demons. I just need to find some good legendary effects to extract.

Right now I've got the Genzaniku (Chance to Sumon a Ghostly Fallen Champion on attack) and Gloves of Worship (Shrines last for 10 minutes) extracted.

But I did pick up a few on the way to this point.
    Spoiler: Spare Legendaries
    Show

Weapons-
    Soulsmasher: Enemies explode for X% my life on kill, no longer gain life on kill
    Fleshrake: Dashing Strike increases Dashing Strike Damage
    Burst of Wrath: Killing enemies and breaking things has a chance to restore 20% spirit

Armor-
    Pauldrons of the Skeleton King: 25% chance to avoid deatha nd cause enmeies to flee in fear
    Death's Bargain: Deal X% of life per second as PBAoE physical damage, no longer gain life regen
    Eye of Peshkov: Reduce Cooldown of Breaht of Heaven
    Gyana Nu Kashu: Lashing Tail Kick launches fireball for X% damage
    Warezchian Armguards: Every time you destroy an object, gain a burst of speed
    Sanguinary Vambraces: Chance to deal 1000% thorn damage to nearby enemies when hit
    The Crudest Boots: Mystic Ally summons two mystic allies (Would this stack with the 6-piece bonus and give me ten mystic allies?)
    Magefist: Fire skills deal X% increased damage
    Razor Strop: Pickign up a health globe explodes for X damage to enemies within 20 yards

Jewelry-
    Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac: Reduce the cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when hitting with a resource-spending attack

Okay...i guess I really need to extract that ring for true inifite Tempest Rush...
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the boots double all of your Mystic Allies. It's a key legendary for Inna's; those are going to go on your boot slot and never move unless you find or reroll a better statted version of them. Most of the rest of those are pretty safe to salvage for Souls unless you want to save them for potentially playing around with a different build. The ring is pretty nice, tho, either for cube or just wear it.. honestly, maybe wear it - if you're going for never stop moving Tempest Rush as your primary attack, you're not going to really benefit from either Focus/Restraint or the Endless Walk set. Probably want to try and find a Mantle of Channeling and cube that power.

4. - Top - End - #964

Its funny, ive gotten a few ancient legendary 1h weapons, nice damage and all that, but absolutely none with an effect on them worth extracting. Its the one part of the trio of cubed effects thats still empty. Guess I should splurge my blood shards on 1h weapon attempts for awhile till either something good drops or I get lucky on the gamble (worked for my carnevil helm)

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #965
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Its funny, ive gotten a few ancient legendary 1h weapons, nice damage and all that, but absolutely none with an effect on them worth extracting. Its the one part of the trio of cubed effects thats still empty. Guess I should splurge my blood shards on 1h weapon attempts for awhile till either something good drops or I get lucky on the gamble (worked for my carnevil helm)
    That's probably a reasonable thing to until you have a sacred harvester anyways.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    That's probably a reasonable thing to until you have a sacred harvester anyways.
    Zuni's wants Starmetal Kukri + Dagger of Darts last I checked. Dagger of darts is key, since it makes your darts (and the Carnevil darts) pierce (for like a screen and a half, it's nuts). Hope of Cain should get you one or the other fairly quickly. However, a Sacred Harvester would probably be my choice if I couldn't get either of those, especially Ancient.

Kadala is not an efficient way to get weapons, but IME she drops about half class specific weapons and the rest random class valid weapons. If you need yellow Ceremonial Knives for Hope of Cain upgrades or you have nothing else to spend shards on but hunting for Ancients, it's not a terrible way to use your blood shards. Just know that your odds of getting a specific Legendary class-specific weapon from Kadala are about half what they are for any other slot.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-04-14 at 02:21 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Yeah, the boots double all of your Mystic Allies. It's a key legendary for Inna's; those are going to go on your boot slot and never move unless you find or reroll a better statted version of them. Most of the rest of those are pretty safe to salvage for Souls unless you want to save them for potentially playing around with a different build. The ring is pretty nice, tho, either for cube or just wear it.. honestly, maybe wear it - if you're going for never stop moving Tempest Rush as your primary attack, you're not going to really benefit from either Focus/Restraint or the Endless Walk set. Probably want to try and find a Mantle of Channeling and cube that power.
    Or just wear it - after all, Innas has no shoulder slot.

I agree with cubing OROTZ - its affixes are unfortunately not very good, and it can never roll with a socket or mainstat either so you'd always be choosing one or the other. For rings to wear, you should go with Convention of Elements and RRoG, and a Hellfire. RRoG will allow you to drop another Innas piece and keep the bonus, which will let you wear both Balance and Crudest boots, and cube something else in your armor slot like Hexing Pants. Alternatively, cube CB, wear Inna's boots, and wear a Unity instead of RRoG.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Kadala is not an efficient way to get weapons, but IME she drops about half class specific weapons and the rest random class valid weapons. If you need yellow Ceremonial Knives for Hope of Cain upgrades or you have nothing else to spend shards on but hunting for Ancients, it's not a terrible way to use your blood shards. Just know that your odds of getting a specific Legendary class-specific weapon from Kadala are about half what they are for any other slot.
    I wouldn't do this - before long you'll be drowning in crafting mats (bounties are great for this) so you can just make all the yellow weapons you could ever need for Hope of Cain yourself. The better thing to gamble shards with when you're all set on sets (heh) is rings. They're the second cheapest item she has (50 shards, as opposed to 75 for a weapon and 100 for an amulet), there are a ton of good ones out there (I mentioned 5 above) and even after you get all of those, she has a chance of giving you puzzle rings, even one of which will pay for itself several times over depending on the goblins that spawn inside and all the extra scratch you'll get for empowering GRs.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #968

So I griped about never getting a weapon with a decent ability, then I loot the gidbinn. Yeah its not the best, but another chance to summon a fetish is better than nothing. At least until I get those two daggers mentioned. So I need to upgrade ceremonial knives to get either the kukiri or the dart dagger? I will keep that in mind. I also still need that ring that reduces the number of set items I have to wear still. I know there are more items out there I need to loot to get the full set of gear needed for a maxxed out build.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

So I need to upgrade ceremonial knives to get either the kukiri or the dart dagger? I will keep that in mind.
    Easiest way to get a specific weapon legendary, yeah. It guarantees you a legendary, and it guarantees the weapon type (gives you a legendary of the same kind of item you upgraded), so all you have to get lucky on is the RNG picking the one you need out of the shortlist of available legendary ceremonial knives. Compared to random mob-drop looting or Kadala you're way ahead of the game. Only real restriction is how much patience you have for farming Death's Breaths.

10. - Top - End - #970

So I griped about never getting a weapon with a decent ability, then I loot the gidbinn. Yeah its not the best, but another chance to summon a fetish is better than nothing. At least until I get those two daggers mentioned. So I need to upgrade ceremonial knives to get either the kukiri or the dart dagger? I will keep that in mind. I also still need that ring that reduces the number of set items I have to wear still. I know there are more items out there I need to loot to get the full set of gear needed for a maxxed out build.
    Gidbinn is bugged* unfortunately - the fetishes it summons do not work with Zunimassa or with Starmetal. They also do next to no damage compared to the fetishes from your army or passive. In short, it's useless.

*Well, I say bugged, but it may have been intentional - in which case, it's merely disappointing that they'd do that.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

Does the same apply to the belt that summons fetishes?
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

12. - Top - End - #972

Well feck. Ah well. I will start farming bounties again since im running low on mats in general. I also need to focus on my toughness as on torment 7 I tend to die instantly or close to it. A mallet lord for example is an insta gib when he slams the ground. Ive got such a long list of random items I need to loot to get where I want to go. /sigh. My first try at a hellfire amulet kinda sucked stat wise. It had a decent effect though, gave me one of my better defensive passives for free.

13. - Top - End - #973

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Does the same apply to the belt that summons fetishes?
    No, that one works fine. It doesn't stack with the Fetish passive though, so you want just one or the other (not both.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #974

Well feck. Ah well. I will start farming bounties again since im running low on mats in general. I also need to focus on my toughness as on torment 7 I tend to die instantly or close to it. A mallet lord for example is an insta gib when he slams the ground. Ive got such a long list of random items I need to loot to get where I want to go. /sigh. My first try at a hellfire amulet kinda sucked stat wise. It had a decent effect though, gave me one of my better defensive passives for free.
    I highly recommend the spirit vessel passive if you're not using it. That'll give you a way to cheat death every minute. Great against mallet lords and the like.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

15. - Top - End - #975

I highly recommend the spirit vessel passive if you're not using it. That'll give you a way to cheat death every minute. Great against mallet lords and the like.
    Oh I am using that one, its been a life saver (hur hur) Its just at torment 7 and up the damage dealt by elites comes on too fast. Mortars, plagued and molten, tight spaces, large booms, any one of them can kill me, by the time I realize ive taken damage ive died. On the plus side, I can stand on arcane turrets and heal myself rapidly. :p

16. - Top - End - #976

Oh I am using that one, its been a life saver (hur hur) Its just at torment 7 and up the damage dealt by elites comes on too fast. Mortars, plagued and molten, tight spaces, large booms, any one of them can kill me, by the time I realize ive taken damage ive died. On the plus side, I can stand on arcane turrets and heal myself rapidly. :p
    Hey that's a pretty good ability, those things are a huge pain for me too. Do you want to share your build? I could recommend a few survival tricks and itemizations if that's what is holding you back.

17. - Top - End - #977

Hey that's a pretty good ability, those things are a huge pain for me too. Do you want to share your build? I could recommend a few survival tricks and itemizations if that's what is holding you back.
    Im doing the icey veins build for the season witch doctor set. There are like, 3-4 legendaries I need to loot to get the full set of gear, and I know I need a few other upgrades to replace some junk, namely my entire set of jewelry sucks and im still wearing yellow bracers and shoulders. Its all a work in progress but I figure I will get there eventually. Farm torment 6 for ease and drops till i can get rid of my crap and hopefully farm up enough mats to straight up buy any of the build specific legendaries I need. I have 678k dps, 5.7mil toughness and 305k recovery

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I was able to take down the T4 keywardens, all I've got left now is GR20 and T4 Belial, I think. I tried the latter and it was not working out for me. Is tehre much I can do besides grind for better weapons and more paragon levels.

For that matter, what should I even be spending those paragon points on? I've been spending them on Dex/Attack Speed/Resist All/Resource Cost.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well, I was able to take down the T4 keywardens, all I've got left now is GR20 and T4 Belial, I think. I tried the latter and it was not working out for me. Is tehre much I can do besides grind for better weapons and more paragon levels.

For that matter, what should I even be spending those paragon points on? I've been spending them on Dex/Attack Speed/Resist All/Resource Cost.
    Core tab : movespeed, then mainstat once maxed. Extra resource cap only if your build can turn it into damage directly (eg, a rune that spends all your resource and gives bonus damage per point or similar.) Your class set or supporting legendary will usually give you a way to handle resource issues.
    Offense tab: usually crit hit chance and damage first, but depends on your build and gear.
    Defense: whichever of res all or armor you don't get from your mainstat, then +life percentage.
    Utility: usually life on hit first. Area Damage if your chosen build/skill is weak on area attacks.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone know what the easiest Set Dungeon to master is for the Crusader? I've got Akkan's set (the season set), and I've managed to assemble Seeker for the Light. I passed the Seeker for the Light dungeon by avoiding Mortar fire, but I couldn't get even one string of three Falling Swords in 15 seconds. Mastering that one is not going to be easy. I've got three pieces of Thorns of the Invoker, and 8 or 9 of Roland's set (but not a complete set yet). So which set has the easiest Set Dungeon?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

21. - Top - End - #981

I think I asked this before but if not - is anyone still playing on console? Has anyone tried the season there? I'm just curious about how it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post

If you link your profile (or just post your Battletag, e.g. HunterNoventa#12345) we can look at your gear and skills to give a very detailed diagnosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Anyone know what the easiest Set Dungeon to master is for the Crusader? I've got Akkan's set (the season set), and I've managed to assemble Seeker for the Light. I passed the Seeker for the Light dungeon by avoiding Mortar fire, but I couldn't get even one string of three Falling Swords in 15 seconds. Mastering that one is not going to be easy. I've got three pieces of Thorns of the Invoker, and 8 or 9 of Roland's set (but not a complete set yet). So which set has the easiest Set Dungeon?
    Do you mean that you mastered Akkhan? If so congrats, that is one of the more frustrating ones.

Seeker is by far the easiest if you have the right toys. The way to cheese the Falling Sword Mario objective is to farm for a neat little blade called Cam's Rebuttal - this will give you two Falling Swords back-to-back, then you only to use #3 on cooldown, which you can easily get back up in the remaining 10-12 seconds with your hammers reducing it due to the set bonus. Stack cooldown reduction just to be safe (which has the welcome side-benefit of making you zip through the dungeon faster - more Steed Charges - to clear it that much more quickly.) Put OROTZ in your cube, Gogok of Swiftness in your jewelry, Diamond in your helm, In-Geom in your hand etc. You don't actually need Cam's if you stack your cooldown high enough like this, but it makes the objective so easy that you can do it in your sleep.

As for the mortars, just equip Star of Azkaranth (the fire immunity amulet) and you no longer have to worry about dodging them. Clear the first objective early in the dungeon and then just go ham massacring everything.

Invoker is also pretty easy - you just have to make sure you have the two listed buffs active when you kill elites, and take a few doors spears to the face every time you come across goats. Amethysts in your gear will both keep you alive and increase your damage if you have a Heart of Iron.

Roland's meanwhile is very difficult - the objectives themselves aren't bad with the right gear (there's a specific flail you need...) but the dungeon itself is packed with tons of little imps (those baby demons) that scatter in every direction at top speed the instant you approach. After a dozen tries, I ended up needing to enlist a friend to master this one.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Do you mean that you mastered Akkhan? If so congrats, that is one of the more frustrating ones.
    No. I have not even attempted that set dungeon. As soon as I had enough pieces of Seeker of the Light, I switched over.

Seeker is by far the easiest if you have the right toys. The way to cheese the Falling Sword Mario objective is to farm for a neat little blade called Cam's Rebuttal - this will give you two Falling Swords back-to-back, then you only to use #3 on cooldown, which you can easily get back up in the remaining 10-12 seconds with your hammers reducing it due to the set bonus. Stack cooldown reduction just to be safe (which has the welcome side-benefit of making you zip through the dungeon faster - more Steed Charges - to clear it that much more quickly.) Put OROTZ in your cube, Gogok of Swiftness in your jewelry, Diamond in your helm, In-Geom in your hand etc. You don't actually need Cam's if you stack your cooldown high enough like this, but it makes the objective so easy that you can do it in your sleep.

As for the mortars, just equip Star of Azkaranth (the fire immunity amulet) and you no longer have to worry about dodging them. Clear the first objective early in the dungeon and then just go ham massacring everything.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for Cam's Rebuttal then. One-handed sword, I presume? I just picked up In Geom, but I have not yet found the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (OROTZ threw me for a loop for a minute before I deciphered it). I'm also still looking for Johanna's Flail (been upgrading one-handed flails at the Cube to try to get it). Does Immunity to Fire really count for avoiding taking mortar hits in that dungeon?

Invoker is also pretty easy - you just have to make sure you have the two listed buffs active when you kill elites, and take a few doors spears to the face every time you come across goats. Amethysts in your gear will both keep you alive and increase your damage if you have a Heart of Iron.

Roland's meanwhile is very difficult - the objectives themselves aren't bad with the right gear (there's a specific flail you need...) but the dungeon itself is packed with tons of little imps (those baby demons) that scatter in every direction at top speed the instant you approach. After a dozen tries, I ended up needing to enlist a friend to master this one.
    Invoker was the first set I got (way back in Season 4, I think?), but I had no idea how to make an effective build using it (spawning, I suspect, my hatred of Set Dungeons). If I get the full set this season, I might give it a try. The only set dungeons I have mastered to date are Firebird's Finery and Tal Rasha's Elements.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

23. - Top - End - #983

I'll have to keep an eye out for Cam's Rebuttal then. One-handed sword, I presume?
    No, it's a 2-hander - hence putting it in the cube. (Did you click on the link I posted?)

Does Immunity to Fire really count for avoiding taking mortar hits in that dungeon?
    Yep - just like the arcane immune amulet protects you in the DH Shadow dungeon and the cold immune one protects you in Firebirds. You don't need immunity but it's one less thing to worry about or that can screw you over at the last minute.

I only wish there was a physical immune amulet that I could use for freaking Wastes
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ettin in the Playground

No, it's a 2-hander - hence putting it in the cube. (Did you click on the link I posted?)
    Blocked at work.

Yep - just like the arcane immune amulet protects you in the DH Shadow dungeon and the cold immune one protects you in Firebirds. You don't need immunity but it's one less thing to worry about or that can screw you over at the last minute.
    I'll have to keep an eye out for it then. My wife has it, and plunges into dying "Molten" creatures while I'm running away from them.

I only wish there was a physical immune amulet that I could use for freaking Wastes
    I found the flail that makes Blessed Shield cost no Wrath. Still looking for the one that makes Shield Bash free. Which one of us do you think will find our desired item first?

25. - Top - End - #985
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Urgh, Wastes.

You have my sympathies. I went through trying to mastery my barb set dungeons a while ago- I had full ancient wrath of the wastes and it's other bells and whistles and that was STILL an absolute PITA.

Good luck!

26. - Top - End - #986

I'll have to keep an eye out for it then. My wife has it, and plunges into dying "Molten" creatures while I'm running away from them.
    Are you still playing HC? The immunity amulets are helpful there - pick your most hated affix and gear against its element. Throw a second in the cube for good measure. Your damage will take a hit but being able to laugh at explosions and lasers might be worthwhile.

I found the flail that makes Blessed Shield cost no Wrath. Still looking for the one that makes Shield Bash free. Which one of us do you think will find our desired item first?
    There is no desired item to help me unfortunately Physical is the one element that lacks a corresponding immunity amulet.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you still playing HC? The immunity amulets are helpful there - pick your most hated affix and gear against its element. Throw a second in the cube for good measure. Your damage will take a hit but being able to laugh at explosions and lasers might be worthwhile.
    Nope. "Softcore" for now.

There is no desired item to help me unfortunately Physical is the one element that lacks a corresponding immunity amulet.
    Same here. No free Shield Bashes.

Sooo.... looking at the challenges this season, it looks like there's no 50 million gold one. I guess I can stop hoarding these T10 Horadric caches now. So, I'm thinking On a Good Day (three gems to 65) and... um... well.... Hrm. Maybe I'll wait until next season to try for another Stash Tab....
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-04-17 at 06:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #988

Years of War is pretty easy - no set dungeon frustration needed, you just need to clear GR 55 with 6 different sets. You and your wife can power level each other's alt in no time, and use Kadala to get them over the initial gearing hump. (I PL'ed my boyfriend's witch doctor in minutes thanks to his Gem of Ease, and he ended up with 4 pcs of two different sets that very night.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Boss mode isn't bad at all. You just need a couple speedy people to do the running while whoever actually needs the achievement just accepts boss fights (and runs to short fights like Kulle if both runners are on long runs). If you don't have anyone, there's a Season Journey public group that's usually helpful. Just make sure you can kill bosses efficiently in a 4 person group on TX (if you can do t13 at all you're fine).
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ettin in the Playground

Here's a question: Do you gain XP while dead and waiting to resurrect?