New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1524
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Congrats.

I was going to play today but instead found a 9gb update waiting.
    Not sure if I want to keep with the necro or see if I can push to GR70 with one of the other characters.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Got Trag'Oul's to TXIII viable, though barely. Having a Rathma's running friend (and another guy running Inarius but it's a given that he can wreck everything at this point) helps. Trag'Ouls likes being artillery. I can kill nearly any enemy in seconds, including Rift Guardians up to GR 60 and I'm still lacking the final damage supercharger I think I could throw on (Krysbin's Sentence).

Survivability has been a bit better since I started using Lornelle's again. Solo running Unity will probably be a bit better; Currently I'm running Compass Rose sans Traveler's Pledge mostly because it's Ancient and I don't really have any other good rings for this build besides Convention (and the stats are worse on it so I eat a toughness hit for an overkill damage burst).

All in all, liking Trag'Oul's playstyle, though not sure how it'll fare in single player without somebody else to draw aggro while I delete lines of enemies.

I see people suggesting Zei's and Bane of the Trapped for gems but I really don't see how that extra damage is AT ALL necessary. The only things I can't kill in less time than it takes the Necromancer to say "You'll make a fine corpse" are Shielding enemies, for obvious reasons. This without the extra 100% to 300% extra damage from Krysbin's.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2017-07-08 at 12:13 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Congrats.

I was going to play today but instead found a 9gb update waiting.
    Not sure if I want to keep with the necro or see if I can push to GR70 with one of the other characters.
    I would suggest the GR70 push; You'll get all the time you can stomach with the Necro when the season starts in a couple of weeks.

Also thank you! It feels worth all the heartache and keyboard-breaking moments. I don't know how people managed to do it before both rounds of nerfs though

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Survivability has been a bit better since I started using Lornelle's again.
    I'm very happy to hear this, because that's the ring I'll be hunting for my own Trag'oul build.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-07-09 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ettin in the Playground

Is it ever worthwhile to give your follower a legendary gem? Or are you better off filling any sockets with Primary Stat gems?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #1235

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Is it ever worthwhile to give your follower a legendary gem? Or are you better off filling any sockets with Primary Stat gems?
    It is not, and you should probably reroll the socket entirely (unless there is something else pointless on their item like Vitality or Armor when they already can't die, in which case reroll that.)

Note that there's no point in putting an emerald in their weapon either - followers max out at +50% crit damage - so drop a diamond in there instead so they do a smidge more damage to elites.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

How accurate is your personal best as to what level of greater rift is your highest? I'm sure I completed GR70, and I have GR71 unlocked, but my personal best on the character I did it with is GR60. What's up, and do I have primal ancients unlocked?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    How accurate is your personal best as to what level of greater rift is your highest? I'm sure I completed GR70, and I have GR71 unlocked, but my personal best on the character I did it with is GR60. What's up, and do I have primal ancients unlocked?
    For whatever reason, they erased all leader boards and that removed "personal bests" from each character.

Which is awkward cause I used GRs to judge what level I could safely speedrun regular rifts.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

It is not, and you should probably reroll the socket entirely (unless there is something else pointless on their item like Vitality or Armor when they already can't die, in which case reroll that.)

Note that there's no point in putting an emerald in their weapon either - followers max out at +50% crit damage - so drop a diamond in there instead so they do a smidge more damage to elites.
    Ok. I've been putting Rubies in the weapons (if there happens to be a socket), but I could do Diamonds instead. I generally do not count on my follower to inflict a meaningful amount of damage. I usually count on them for crowd control, and I look for Cool Down Reduction on their rings and amulets.

Congrats on the Set Dungeon wings! Well done!

I was expecting the Season 11 award to be another set of wings, not a pet. Last season was a Banner, and the season before was a pet, wasn't it? I currently only have the spider wings, and I've gotten the seasonal cosmetic rewards ever since the Frost Hound in Season ... 3? 4?

I have not seen any Primal Ancients since the season ended. I've cleared GR 80 with two different characters since the end of the season, and probably gone through a couple-hundred legendary items. It could just be the RNGs hating on me, though.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #1239

They're wiping the older Eras so your personal best may end up lower as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    For whatever reason, they erased all leader boards and that removed "personal bests" from each character.

Which is awkward cause I used GRs to judge what level I could safely speedrun regular rifts.
    The leggems a given build is using should be telling you what you can handle rift-wise. Those won't change no matter what they do with the boards, so I suggest using that. Especially with the Frailty exploit going around, the leaderboards are probably going to be unreliable for a good while and possibly wiped again.

Ok. I've been putting Rubies in the weapons (if there happens to be a socket), but I could do Diamonds instead. I generally do not count on my follower to inflict a meaningful amount of damage. I usually count on them for crowd control, and I look for Cool Down Reduction on their rings and amulets.
    Certainly, but think of it this way - we're already deciding between two pieces of gear based on the fact that one does an additional 2% damage. Optimizing your follower to also do another 2% is no different.

Congrats on the Set Dungeon wings! Well done!
    Why thank you

I have not seen any Primal Ancients since the season ended. I've cleared GR 80 with two different characters since the end of the season, and probably gone through a couple-hundred legendary items. It could just be the RNGs hating on me, though.
    If you're not sure, just clear 70 again. I wasn't seeing any primals for awhile, then I did a 70 and a (crappy) one dropped soon after. I doubt there's actually an issue but it won't hurt to reassure yourself.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

I tried GR68 again and beat it in time, but it just seemed so slow, slower than it was. Not sure what changed though.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to just have to change my build to get it. I can't think of anything else that is going to change much of anything. A very well reforged RoRG or ORotZ would help but I don't see either of those being enough to really jump up power, nor finding a great Ring of Jordan. I'm thinking I'll have to drop the LTK part of the build, and since my set is all Inna, I guess re-tooling towards pets would be the way to go.

I do have all the pieces for all of the other sets. But when I tried Sunwuko I was missing something for damage mitigation because I was just too squishy. Uliana's could be a good option, was trying to figure out where the survivability comes from, but I guess since you're immune while in SSS and you can do that almost constantly that is where it comes from.
    Would probably have to find at least one new weapon, I think sledgefist is still a good option but Rabid Strike doesn't do anything for me.

Of course the other other option is to make the push with my Barbarian, he isn't quite as set right now, but if I'm going to be changing the monk completely it is probably about the same.

unrelated edit: Well I see photobucket has now became useless to me. Taking away the only reason I use your service isn't the best way to make me want to keep using it...
    Last edited by Erloas; 2017-07-10 at 09:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1241

I tried GR68 again and beat it in time, but it just seemed so slow, slower than it was. Not sure what changed though.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to just have to change my build to get it. I can't think of anything else that is going to change much of anything. A very well reforged RoRG or ORotZ would help but I don't see either of those being enough to really jump up power, nor finding a great Ring of Jordan. I'm thinking I'll have to drop the LTK part of the build, and since my set is all Inna, I guess re-tooling towards pets would be the way to go.
    Keep in mind that, played well and with good gear, every set can reach 80. Some builds can breeze through that (Vyrasha) while some struggle to get up there (Akkhan) but they can all do it. So if you're struggling to hit 70, you're either missing a key legendary for the set you're using, or your playstyle isn't quite matching the build you're playing.

I do have all the pieces for all of the other sets. But when I tried Sunwuko I was missing something for damage mitigation because I was just too squishy.
    Which Sunwuko are you using specifically? They play very differently and both can hit 70 with ease.

Uliana's could be a good option, was trying to figure out where the survivability comes from, but I guess since you're immune while in SSS and you can do that almost constantly that is where it comes from.
    Uliana has four main sources - Binding of the Lost, Spirit Guards, Desert Shroud, and Unity if you feel like fitting that in. And as you mentioned, Uliana has huge amounts of invincibility frames which help a great deal, plus it can freeze enemies depending on your generator which shuts off a lot of incoming damage.

Would probably have to find at least one new weapon, I think sledgefist is still a good option but Rabid Strike doesn't do anything for me.
    ...On Uliana? Your fist weapons are spoken for there - you need Lion Claw and Az'Turrasq. If damage is less of an issue than staying alive you could maybe swap the latter for Crystal Fist, but you definitely shouldn't be using Sledge or Rabid Strike, neither of them does anything for that build.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This info is correct, however anyone following this link should be careful as some of the info is outdated - i.e. some of the additive bonuses it listed back when it was written are multiplicative now, e.g. Taeguk and the Wolf Companion.
    So, is there a more current category list of all various damage buffs? Or, more specifically, does anyone know if Efficacious Toxin is still a Category-B damage buff, (ie: same as Mutilate). I like the idea of ET aesthetically, having a poison doc.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you sure about that max +50% Crit Damage? When I click on Details for my enchantress, it's currently showing +150%

OK, decision time. Which Orb is better? Usually you want the Ancient one, but the non-ancient has 30% more damage stacking up to three times.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you sure about that max +50% Crit Damage? When I click on Details for my enchantress, it's currently showing +150%

OK, decision time. Which Orb is better? Usually you want the Ancient one, but the non-ancient has 30% more damage stacking up to three times.
    Generally you want whatever piece works best for your build, ancient or not. If it is a slot that doesn't have anything really synergistic for your build then go with ancient.
    But if you can at all reliably get the 90% more damage that is 100% better then the extra stats from an ancient source that doesn't synergize as well.

Edit: Finally figured out how to see the other one you were talking about. Which makes the above much less relevant.
    I am guessing the additional 30% on the passive makes it do more damage, but I would say just test them both.
    Also if you are at the point were you need more toughness then damage that would make the ancient one better.
    Last edited by Legoshrimp; 2017-07-11 at 01:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Banned

Devil

Spoiler
    Show

First ancient for my Necro, and it's kinda gash IMHO. Near Max Int though, and no Socket which is ace, but what should I reroll? And what should I aim for? Having a lot of fun with a CoE Splinter Corpse Lance build right now, but gradually accumulating Rathma's.
    Last edited by Vaz; 2017-07-11 at 05:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    So, is there a more current category list of all various damage buffs? Or, more specifically, does anyone know if Efficacious Toxin is still a Category-B damage buff, (ie: same as Mutilate). I like the idea of ET aesthetically, having a poison doc.
    Try plugging them both into d3planner and seeing what the damage estimate does with them. That might be the most current data source we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    Edit: Finally figured out how to see the other one you were talking about. Which makes the above much less relevant.
    I'm glad you figured it out because I have no bloody clue I'm still over here like "what second orb?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

First ancient for my Necro, and it's kinda gash IMHO. Near Max Int though, and no Socket which is ace, but what should I reroll? And what should I aim for? Having a lot of fun with a CoE Splinter Corpse Lance build right now, but gradually accumulating Rathma's.
    Reroll the Vitality to some damage stat (damage, elite damage, attack speed etc) and then Gift a socket in.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ettin in the Playground

Try plugging them both into d3planner and seeing what the damage estimate does with them. That might be the most current data source we have.
    I'm glad you figured it out because I have no bloody clue I'm still over here like "what second orb?"

Oops! Sorry I wasn't clear. There are two profiles there, listed below the character "paper doll". One is labeled "Legendary, the other is labeled "Ancient". They have the same gear, except for that orb.

Toughness is not too much of a concern, just now. I cleared a GR70 rift without dying, but it took me 24 seconds too long.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-07-11 at 08:41 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1248

Looks like the basic Triumvirate gets you a higher damage orb overall. The Ancient one might get closer to it once Caldesanned, but for now I would recommend the basic one until you get an ancient (or primal!) with a better skill mod.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like the basic Triumvirate gets you a higher damage orb overall. The Ancient one might get closer to it once Caldesanned, but for now I would recommend the basic one until you get an ancient (or primal!) with a better skill mod.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I hoped the Ancient one would be better, but I figured the "regular" one would be better overall with this build.

On a somewhat-related note, how does the Simulate function work? I put in the skills (Force Armor, Magic Weapon, then Slow Time, then Shock Pulse, then Arcane Orb with the condition of 3 Shock Pulse Charges), but the simulation never seemed to use Arcane Orb. With this simulation, the Ancient Orb came up about 15-20% better.

20. - Top - End - #1250

I have no earthly idea. I just compared the "Arcane Orb damage" on your skills tab.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah. The "regular" orb has +12% to Arcane Orb, while the Ancient has +15% Shock Pulse. I enchanted it about 20 times or so to get that, though I was really hoping for an Arcane Orb boost.

I wonder how d3Planner figures in the +165% vs +195% from the Triumverate? Something to go play around with....
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-07-11 at 03:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252

Ah. The "regular" orb has +12% to Arcane Orb, while the Ancient has +15% Shock Pulse. I enchanted it about 20 times or so to get that, though I was really hoping for an Arcane Orb boost.

I wonder how d3Planner figures in the +165% vs +195% from the Triumverate? Something to go play around with....
    I'm not sure, but the difference I saw was more dramatic than 12%.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

So the solo Leaderboard Trang build is pretty friggin' ridiculous. You run around Decrepifying anything that moves until you've found one or two elite packs, kill everything on screen, go back to running around spamming Decrepify until everything is off CD again, repeat. Terrible for anything but GRs. Incredibly effective. People aren't even bothering with Unity, they're just keeping the Endless Walk bonus going so they can wear CoE. In GR105! (I do see people gemming STR for extra Armor). Supposedly you don't need Caldensann's to hit GR90.

This is another build like Manald Archon, where you need CDR in almost every slot possible (weapon, offhand, both rings, gloves, shoulders) for the build to really shine.

Re Followers:
    Optimizing Follower damage isn't the same thing at all as optimizing player damage, because follower damage is several orders of magnitude lower than player damage. So a 2% increase in follower damage is tiny. The only things you're really looking for on followers are helpful Legendary effects, Cooldown Reduction, CC secondary stats (or block % on the Templar in conjunction with Freeze of Deflection), and possibly attack speed.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

24. - Top - End - #1254

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Re Followers:
    Optimizing Follower damage isn't the same thing at all as optimizing player damage, because follower damage is several orders of magnitude lower than player damage. So a 2% increase in follower damage is tiny. The only things you're really looking for on followers are helpful Legendary effects, Cooldown Reduction, CC secondary stats (or block % on the Templar in conjunction with Freeze of Deflection), and possibly attack speed.
    When I said "2%" I meant of your overall output, not theirs. All the stats you mentioned should and do come first, absolutely, but once you've maxed out their CDR/CC/block/etc., damage stats being next are not unreasonable and definitely rank above defensive stats like vitality and armor.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

I decided to make the GR70 push with my barbarian. Just not feeling the monk right now. I still have a ways to go, defense is really only letting me do about T11-12 right now. I'm also missing several key pieces, like the leap boots. Tried upgrading to them but so far it has just been all sets with fire walkers dropping regularly too. Then it is on to the weapons, I got Blade of the Tribes a while ago but the stats weren't nearly as good as what I already had so I cubed it instead, not realized until just recently that I really need the earthquake damage boost from it as well. Oh well, I don't have the Furnace yet either.
    Also missing band of might and dread iron. So really all I have is the set so far. I think almost any one of those will let me jump to t13 easily and then it is just farming the rest to get the full build.

26. - Top - End - #1256

I decided to make the GR70 push with my barbarian. Just not feeling the monk right now. I still have a ways to go, defense is really only letting me do about T11-12 right now. I'm also missing several key pieces, like the leap boots. Tried upgrading to them but so far it has just been all sets with fire walkers dropping regularly too. Then it is on to the weapons, I got Blade of the Tribes a while ago but the stats weren't nearly as good as what I already had so I cubed it instead, not realized until just recently that I really need the earthquake damage boost from it as well. Oh well, I don't have the Furnace yet either.
    Also missing band of might and dread iron. So really all I have is the set so far. I think almost any one of those will let me jump to t13 easily and then it is just farming the rest to get the full build.
    In general, just the set will get you to TX, but for GR70 you'll want those complementary legendaries.

I personally had the most success with the Chargebarb, especially once they modified the Rumble rune for Seismic Slam. It's a phenomenal build for speedfarming too, you cover a crazy amount of ground.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you have a link to a build you like? All of the builds I've found so far are old, before some changes.
    I started with leap-quake because that was the first that I got all of the pieces for, but I think at this point I've got the full set of all of the sets.
    I know I picked up the IK belt and weapon yesterday.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

When I said "2%" I meant of your overall output, not theirs. All the stats you mentioned should and do come first, absolutely, but once you've maxed out their CDR/CC/block/etc., damage stats being next are not unreasonable and definitely rank above defensive stats like vitality and armor.
    I guess what I'm saying is that follower damage is so negligible compared to character damage that once you've maxed out their utility, why even bother using the mats for stat rerolls? I don't know about you, but with the Necromancer out I'm no longer drowning in breaths like I was. Putting those rerolls towards something like maxing CDR on an ancient weapon on the main character would be far, far more impactful.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-07-12 at 02:15 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I guess what I'm saying is that follower damage is so negligible compared to character damage that once you've maxed out their utility, why even bother using the mats for stat rerolls? I don't know about you, but with the Necromancer out I'm no longer drowning in breaths like I was. Putting those rerolls towards something like maxing CDR on an ancient weapon on the main character would be far, far more impactful.
    In my example I was envisioning dedicating your resources to a single character build, for people trying to climb as high as possible. I agree that unless you're decked out in Primals that the mats could probably put to better use elsewhere, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were people micro-ing their followers to a degree akin to this.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

personally, if you can't elite twink your follower to solo kill a rift guardian, what's the point in having one?