New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1530
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Eternal Winter IC

@Zephyr: This is not the best place to be trapped.

With Vassago clawing is way around everybody and that giant ice statue come to life and backed into a corner with little to no movement...

But you have to keep shooting!

Two of your arrows strike the abyssal ghoul as Vassago roars and removes his claw from Eveline's chest.

"Even when struck by the Mitsress' spells, you can muster your weak frail body to shoot me? I am so going to slice your throat open!""

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Vassago
    Dietrich
    Zephyr
    Dante, Eveline & Nyobia
    Ice Beast
    Luke

@Johann: You surf over your disc and take out one of the scrolls given to you by Silas days ago back in Justcrown.

Ideally, you have liked to write it down into your book, but this golem isn't going down easy.

It's a massive fiery explosion to the face as the automaton releases a tremendous amount of steam- that single orb has done a lot more than the mephits, the chraal, the salamander and the elemental combined...

And yet, it still stands!

Anzaril begins to check her options as the beasts move i to pummel the golem some more.

"We need to figure out an escape plan in case these guys fall.""

Luna cracks her knuckles and shakes her head.

"I'm fighting that guy. My claws may not be good enough, but I have some training that will allow me to punch him.""

The salamander does his best, but again- being blinded isn't helping as none of its hits even connect.

The Chraal hits again... and does little to no damage to the actual body.

The elemental manages to strike the golem. Once.

The golem may not be down, but it has caught on fire by Luna's summon... and that fire will burn for a good while.

And then, the ice golem once more sucks in all the heat in the room as the three summons are blasted by ice shards.

Enough to drive the salamander back to his fiery home.

Enough to nearly blind the huge elemental.

Enough to punch through the Chraal's defenses.

And then, it's a pair of well placed punches on the Chraal that have his body showing more cracks than usual.

You're losing summons and this guy is gaining an advantage... you need to bring him down fast!

Map

Round 6

Show
    Johann
    Luna & Fire Elemental
    Anzaril & Chraal

Ice Golem

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess it will need a little more to take him down...", Johann says and sigh.

He get a dragon scale from his pouch and put it inside his mouth, chanting some draconic words as his eyes begin to turn dragon-like with golden scales in his throath to match.

Spoiler: Alacritous Cogitation
    Show
    As full round action, I'm casting Dragon Breath
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "Nyobia, help me hold the icedragon while the rest of the party focus on the ghoul."

She nods in agreement. The Arcadian sisters never shied away from battle, no matter how ugly the odds were. Dante always considered them invaluable for this reason.

She 5step closer to the dragon and unleash her barrage of attacks.

Dante, even though not blessed anymore by Divine Power, will attempt a strike at the ice dragon. After that the takes a quick step behind Nyobia, so he can be closer to samurai in case Dietrich falls.

"Guys, we are holding this beast here, you finish the ghoul as quick as possible and then you come to our aid!"

Eveline lies down on the ground, unconscious, but Dante spells guarantee that she is at least alive and recovering.

MAP

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Nyobia Full Attack
    wpn1 atk1(1d20+10)[19] dmg(1d8+5)[13]
    wpn1 atk2(1d20+5)[9] dmg(1d8+5)[6]
    wpn2 atk(1d20+10)[23] dmg(1d8+2)[3]

Dante Attack
    atk (1d20+10)[13] dmg(2d8+6)[16]

Eveline - taking a nap

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Dante:
    HP: 65/103
    AC: 35
    Greater Magic Weapon on Ruby Guillotine: +3 enhancement (13h)
    Greater Magic Vestment on armor: +3 enhancement (13h)
    Greater Magic Vestment on shield: +3 enhancement (13h)
    Imp Init: +4 Init (30min)
    Vigorous Circle: Fast Healing 3 (24h)
    Divine Insight: +15 skill bonus (16h)
    Alterself: Lizardfolk +5 NA, +4 to balance, jump and swin (30min)

Nyobia:
    HP 74/76
    AC: 19

Eveline:
    HP: -1/74
    AC: 20
    Recitation: +2 to attacks, saves and AC
    Conviction: +4 morale to saves (2h)
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Titan in the Playground

@Johann: Calling on the powers of Dragonkind, you begin to amass one of the most powerful spells in your arsenal as the scale is swallowed by you and your blood begins to boil from within...

It will take a few seconds, but it should end this golem for good.

Luna darts around the corner and spreads her wings as she flies over the golem, who immediately smashes the ceiling a few inches away from her, causing Luna to laugh as she brings a single kick on the construct's head, which causes Luna to yelp in pain as the automaton isn't even fazed.

"I think I broke my leg... what is this thing made of?''

Anzaril snaps her fingers again as the Chraal goes back to fighting it.

"Mostly ice, gathered from the Frostfell... and a bunch of sorcerous powers weaved together. Try not to get hit, child.""

"I won't get hit, but I can't hit him either!

The Chraal once more hits the construct. Hits that would have dropped any in your company easily... but not if you're a mass of animated ice and metal.

The elemental does punish the golem repeatedly, but even his own fiery strength isn't enough to bring him down.

It's the Chraal who takes the brunt of punishment twice as one of the golem's fists leaves a large indentation on his chest.

It's steam rising all over the place as the ice golem rattles and parts of him melt on the ground.

It's taken a beating from over ten summons, but even in his sorry state, he can still be a threat.

Map

Round 7

Show
    Johann
    Luna & Fire Elemental
    Anzaril & Chraal

Ice Golem

@Dante & Nyobia: It's a clash of steel and feathers and spells to keep Eveline alive as both of you bring your righteous might on the ice beast.

Nyobia actually brings her blade down on the beast's snout, but it's her blade that threatens to crack.

These constructs were built to sustain massive damage. Regular weapons- even those crafted in the best armories- have no chance to hurt an ice beast unless it is enchanted in some way.

Map

Show
    Vassago
    Dietrich
    Zephyr
    Dante, Eveline & Nyobia
    Ice Beast
    Luke

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dietrich hears Vassago threaten Zephyr, still grounded with stiffened wings. Tired, nearly bled dry legs carry him quickly, if unsteadily, across the distance to the ghoul. Only Dante's aura has him fit to keep fighting.

"Hey, ugly! You aren't finished with me yet, he can wait his turn!" A powerful swipe of the blade punctuates his words.

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show

Celerity trigger: If the target of an attack uses dimension step to move to square L2

Power Attack: -2/+4
    Attack: (1d20+20)[22] Damage: (1d10+14)[18] and (1d6)[2] fire

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Titan in the Playground

@Dietrich: Barely able to stand and with Zephyr badly wounded, you charge towards Vassago, flaming katana ready and your mind as well.

Should any of these two even attempt to hit you, you will use Xander's gift to move out of danger.

But the ghoul simply moves your blade away.

"Oh but I am finished here, Dietrich- you can barely swing that blade, can you? Hahahhahahahaa!!!

And now, you get to watch your friends get butchered!""

@Dietrich, Nyobia, Luke & Dante: It's a freezing burn produced by the ice beast that seeks to draw the life out of all four of you!

Spoiler: Freezing Aura
    Show
    6 cold damage

@Luke: The ice beast directs its cold gaze at you as a lethal chomp nearly cuts you in half.

Spoiler: PA Bite
    Show
    20 damage plus 6 cold

It's another brutal claw that brings you down on the ground.

Spoiler: 1st PA Claw
    Show
    18 damage plus 2 cold

@Nyobia: The ice beast watches the hammer wielding man drop and then brings another claw straight at you!

Spoiler: 2nd PA Claw
    Show
    13 damage plus 4 cold

Luke was a brave one... but now he;'s face down on the floor!

Round 3

@Zephyr: Vassago laughs as he kicks Dietrich a few feet away, his charge having missed by a significant margin.

Eveline lies on the ground- who knows if she's alive or dead.

Luke is certainly not alive after that barrage from the ice beast.

And then the Abyssal Ghoul sizes you up and his wispy tongue licks his frozen lips.

"Catching you at your weakest is a good thing indeed. Nobody here can stand against me now...hehehhehehe..Hahahahahhahahahaa! And just to prove my point...""

It's a single claw that rips through your chest as Vassago lifts you a foot off the ground and twists his claw inside you, attempting to sever an artery.

Spoiler: Vassago's Claw
    Show

12 damage plus a Fortitude DC 21 or take a -4 penalty to attacks and AC for 1 round.

Plus a Fortitude DC 24 or contact Demon Fever

And having struck you, Vassago becomes shrouded in shadows and seeps away from the crowded corner and reappears several feet away, standing on the ice.

"Well come on, then, Dietrich! Where's all that tough talk, huh?""

Map

Show
    Vassago
    Dietrich
    Zephyr
    Dante, Eveline & Nyobia

Ice Beast
    Luke

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Ogre in the Playground

Dante sees the newcomer corpse lying on the floor. That one didn't last half an hour here

He closes in to the corpse of the fallen duskblade

"Don't die yet, Baldo"

He sees that Eveline is recovering her conscience.

"Eve! The Vassago is down the hall, splatter him with glitterdust again!"

She can barely see the ghoul, far way and almost covered by the wall.

"Stop trying to hide, walking corpse. We are putting you down today."

Meanwhile, Nyobia is still trying her best to harm the icedragon, even though she is ill equiped to do so.

MAP

Show
    Dante casts Revivify on Luke

Eveline casts Glitterdust on Vassago

Nyobia goes for another FA
    wpn1 atk1(1d20+10)[13] dmg(1d8+5)[6]
    wpn1 atk2(1d20+5)[9] dmg(1d8+5)[10]
    wpn2 atk(1d20+10)[29] dmg(1d8+2)[5]

Show
    Dante:
    HP: 60/103
    AC: 35

Nyobia:
    HP 51/76
    AC: 19

Eveline:
    HP: 2/74
    Show

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Requiem Macabre Doc

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Titan in the Playground

Johann finishes his spell and dashes fearless closer to the battle.

He take breath deeply and out.come.gloden flames, charring the golem and making the fire elemental more happy.

Spoiler: Dragon Breath
    Show
    15ft cone of fire.

Ref DC 20 for half
    Dmg: (5d8)[23]
    Cooldown (1d4)[4]
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Titan in the Playground

@Dante: If only this guy had used the hammer on the ghoul...

No time for regrets, only for actions, Scolding will have to wait, assuming you survive.

And so, you ask the soul of this brave soldier to come back before it finds rest in whatever realm his deity lives.

It's light breathing that can be heard from the hammer wielding warrior. He's alive, but by a thread.

That ice beast has a gelid aura that will most likely kill Luke or any of you in seconds...

What to do?

And just then, Eveline, barely alive, clouds Vassago in more white motes of flickering light as the abyssal ghoul roars in frustration.

"Playing dead, were we? Oh, I can play that game. But in my version, you stay down permanently!""

Nyobia, despite her poor sword slashes, is literally the only one keeping this thing from moving into the tight room and killing all of you.

Dietrich and Zephyr are not in good condition.

Luke is down.

Eveline is hanging by a thread.

And you are not in top shape. Not against these two fiends.

@Johann: There is only so much punishment even a golem like this one can take.

The Chraal ducks for cover as you douse Iki's automaton in golden fire, your face taking on draconic aspects as the flames burn with such intensity that you do not stop until there is nothing but a pile of sludge on the ground.

Luna sighs and lands amidst the remains of the melted golem as Anzaril nods and points at the statue.

"Raine, dear- you still have your summon for a few more seconds, do you not?""

"Yes... why?""

Anzaril calls both of you to the entrance to the room and then looks back.

"Let's move a few more paces backwards... just in case. You two, remain by the statue.""

Once the three of you are a safe distance, Anzaril raises her hand.

"Smash it!""

It's a whole minute as both elementals, fire and ice, bludgeon and claw and breathe ice and fire on the Iki Ryo statue, which releases waves of negative energy which eventually destroy and return the fire elemental home.

But the Chraal, which has been protected by Iki Ryo's own spells, is able to withstand the waves of black energy as the statue is finally broken and the hallway begins to unmake itself as the walls and floors crack.

Anzaril rushes with both towards a medium sized pool left in the statue's wake as a new portal swirls into existence.

"That must've supported Lugenheim. Let us go, you two- we still need to hunt down Iki Ryo.""

As the whole place begins to unmake itself, the Chraal tries to fit in, but he's too big as the Fen witch shrugs.

"Sorry, you're too big to ride. You get to stay here.""

Luna looks at Anzaril as the end of the hallway begins to disappear.

"That's mean!""

"Anzaril holds on to Luna's hand as she jumps into the pool.

"You think Iki would not break my control over him? Then tell me if I was mean. Let's go.""

And so, as the Chraal bids all three of you good bye, you jump into the portal, which threatens to drown you in ice water as the three of you are expelled...

But not where you fought the Deceitful Winter.

There are sounds of battle beyond a great metal door as Luna uses her own strength to open it and you watch a scene far ahead.

Blood Snow has been littered on the ground and a ghoulish monster has been covered in Glitterdust, but that's not all:

Dietrich and Zephyr are fatally engaged in a fight with another golem type enemy- an ice beast and, against everything possible-

Luke!

How on Oerth did your brother end up here? He seems.... he seems dead.

Anzaril looks at the scene and contacts both mentally.

I recognize two over there. The others are unknown to me.

Map

Show
    Vassago
    Dietrich
    Zephyr

Dante, Eveline & Nyobia
    Ice Beast
    Luke
    Luna
    Anzaril
    Johann
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-06-14 at 09:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr badly wants to finish off the ghoul before he gets away... but the ice monster is about to break through, having already dropped Luke. The summoned celestial seems able to do no more than stand her ground in front of it. He wearily turns his body to shoot at the construct, knowing his force arrows will be able to overcome even its toughest defenses.

Show
    Full attack the ice dragon. No skirmish damage, but hey, it's not like Zephyr is moving anyway.

Attack 1: (1d20+18)[28]
    Damage 1: (1d8+8)[13] + (2d6+2)[11] (Raptor Arrow)

Attack RS: (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage RS: (1d8+8)[15]

Attack 2: (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage 2: (1d8+8)[10]

Attack 3: (1d20+6)[26]
    Damage 3: (1d8+8)[11]

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    ... See, that's classy. Super classy. You're not just taking Body of the Sun and turning it into a source of walking destruction; you're taking Body of the Sun and an unwitting pawn and combining them into a source of walking destruction and comedy. That's evil genius, right there.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Titan in the Playground

@Zephyr: The air is getting colder now.

Dante's armored angel will not be able to keep that beast from coming in and Dietrich is not in the best of shape to fight it off...

Your talons are freezing over as you pull on the strings of your foot bow and you can feel your back break as the arrow fly towards the construct, each of them carrying all your rage as they all hit the beast, causing it to crack all over...

But it isn't down yet!

@Dietrich, Dante, Luke & Nyobia: The ice beast, heavily smashed and pierced and slashed roars as its aura attempts to freeze all of you once again.

Spoiler: Freezing Aura
    Show
    6 cold damage

@Nyobia: The beast focuses on you first, now that Luke has apparently died and chomps you just like the bald warrior.

Spoiler: PA Bite
    Show

29 damage plus 4 cold

It's a monstrous claw that sends you back to your sister.

Spoiler: PA Claw
    Show

21 damage plus 2 cold

@Dante: She's gone... and he got in!

The ice beast lunges at you with his frozen claw, a strength that would tear you or anyone in this room apart...

But it has become too confident, as your shield nearly splinters as it moves to protect you and becomes encased in ice.

How much longer can you hold out?

Vassago laughs, safe from danger as the Ice Beast tears down Nyobia.

"So much for help, Jasidan! How many more of those can you call, huh? end of the line...""

It is at that moment that Vassago is struck by several blasts of white energy strike the goul on the back and two more fly through the icy halls of Lugenheim and blast the beast as this one roars one last time and explodes in millions of harmless shards of ice.

Vassago has been hurt as he turns around towards the end of the hall.

"Who did that... ?!""

It's a white haired woman with a black cloak that lowers her hand as this one dissipates in arcane energy.

"I have been aching to use that spell all day. Really I have. As to who am I? The real ruler of this House... and you are not welcome."

It's another female who spreads her wings and flies towards Vassago spreads her hands as kelp wraps around the ghoul, holding him tight.

"How dare you attack these people, monster?""

It's a third person- a human in mage robes surfing on a disc who remains quiet as the two girls take out the beast and hold Vassago tight.

Round 4

@The Party: Vassago tries to wrestle out of the strands used by the winged woman, but to no avail as the white haired one remains in place and points towards him.

"The Icebeast is no more- and this one will not be wriggling out of the kelp, so please... just end him. We are in a bit of a hurry here."

Map

Show
    Vassago
    Dietrich
    Zephyr
    Dante & Eveline

Luke
    Luna
    Anzaril
    Johann

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr sighs with relief as the dragon gets blasted out of existence. He was sure it meant the return of the rest of his companions. Seeing Vassago wrapped up tight in the kelp, he draws back and fires his Raptor Arrow one more time.

Show
    Single attack, and then stand up as a move action.

Attack 1: (1d20+18)[38]
    Damage 1: (1d8+9)[16] + (2d6+2)[13] (Raptor Arrow)

... See, that's classy. Super classy. You're not just taking Body of the Sun and turning it into a source of walking destruction; you're taking Body of the Sun and an unwitting pawn and combining them into a source of walking destruction and comedy. That's evil genius, right there.

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Titan in the Playground

@Zephyr: Who knows how long you could have endured with this beast coming in.

Johann made it back... and he brought help.

Not one to question Providence, you launch you Raptor Arrow and this one strikes Vassago, who is now crying in pain.

"This isn't fair! I was only supposed to kill them because they were weak. WEAK! The Mistress did not tell me you would be coming here... let me out!""

Anzaril raises an eyebrow as Vassago tries to squirm himself out of the kelp.

"Fair? Not a word I am acquainted with, ghoul. Lugenheim is about to be destroyed and your mistress along with it. So rejoice- you might be seeing her soon.

And good to see you, Zephyr- I see you have made some new friends in the Hall of Lies. Charming chaps, I am sure, but let us finish this one off first before we can begin formal introductions.""

It's another barrage of arcane bullets that strike Vassago in the back, causing the ghoul to try and turn around to look at his attacker.

Anzaril nods as Raine flies past her.

"No wonder Iki Ryo brought you here- you sure can take some punishment, can you?"

The winged maiden flies in a bee line and kicks Vassago in the face, causing his jaw to unhinge from the strength put behind it.

"He is rather strong. But better than kicking golems.""

Tears come out of Vassago's cruel eyes. He isn't enjoying this anymore, that much is clear.

Map

Show
    Vassago
    Dietrich
    Zephyr
    Dante & Eveline
    Luke
    Luna
    Anzaril
    Johann

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Ogre in the Playground

"So much for help, Jasidan! How many more of those can you call, huh? end of the line...""
    He barely finished the sentence when three new allies broke in the room.
    The sight was a godsend. Allies, you can never have too much.

"End of the line indeed... but not for me, ghoul."

He still has to tend Luke, he almost left the world of living. Well, if we really leave this place alive, every one of us, I can call it a big victory...

"Try not to be so reckless next time, Baldo"

Eveline lauchs one of her Disrupt Undead rays. She is angry, but she is as harmless as an enraged bunny.

"I have many questions to ask, and probably many to answer. But I agree with you lady, introductions will have to wait."

MAP

Show
    Lesser Vigor on Luke granting fast healing for 15 rounds

Eveline shoots a Disrupt Undead on Vassago
    ranged touch atk (1d20+6)[24] dmg(1d6)[1] of positive energy

Show
    Dante:
    HP: 59/103
    AC: 32

Eveline:
    HP: 5/74
    Last edited by Dudu; 2016-06-15 at 12:29 AM.
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

15. - Top - End - #1515
    Titan in the Playground

@Dante: Vassago believed he had the upper hand on all of you.

Of course, given that you had just fought an Icegaunt and had faced Iki Ryo herself, you were basically handed on a silver platter with your legs and arms tied up.

Might as well had had an apple in your mouth for the rotten bastard to have his feast ready.

And as the display of arcane power from the white haired lady and the kicks from the winged one and the arrows from Zephyr fly and shoot and blast and punch...

It is actually Eveline the Lumi who, after having been brutally butchered by Vassago and been called a whore, puts an end to this nightmarish killer by shooting a single tiny pellet through Vassago's forehead, causing his entire skull to show white cracks of light as his entire head explodes in a gruesome display of rotten blood that splats on the walls of Lugenheim and the beast drops on the ground, moving no more.

@The Party: The three timely rescuers raise their hand for you to stay in place as they fly to you and the white haired woman looks at all of you, finally fixing her eyes on Luke, who will hopefully be awake soon enough.

"Normally, this house isn't as deadly. But what a thousand years and some upstart hand maiden with a killing streak will do...

I am Anzaril, former ruler of Lugenheim and Guardian of the Font of Life. I am acquainted with Zephyr and Dietrich... but you three? I do not know who you are. But I am guessing you aren't friends with Iki Ryo, given your state.""

The winged girl lands and bows to all of you.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance. My name is Raine. I too have been sent to end this war and found myself trapped here with Xander and Adalyse...

Where is she, by the way?""

Anzaril shrugs.

"Probably fighting Iki still... and if that's the case, more reason to hurry. This silent mage with a disc fetish is Johann Crawford. Zephyr and Dietrich are well acquainted with him. Likes to summon. A lot.""

At that moment, the entire hall begins to shake and rumble as Anzaril looks up and the rumbling ceases.

"It is as I feared- we broke one of the statues that holds Lugenheim together. This place will cease to be very soon. Gather yourselves up. Mop up the place- we are looking for a pelorite. Hopefully alive.""

Anzaril looks at Dietrich and Zephyr.

"You haven't seen Aenar, have you? We found Humbert... his body, at least. That upstart was going to turn him into a Retainer for this House. Not likely for that to happen now.

Let us find Aenar- or his corpse around these rooms. And let's be careful.""

It takes careful maneuvering to not step on the Blood Snow, carefully disguised by an illusion, but with the help of Johann, Anzaril and Raine, it takes you about fifteen minutes to scavenge this area, producing the following spoils:

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Monk's Belt 12000gp

Wilding Clasp (Monk's Belt) 4000gp

Retributive Amulet 9000gp

Wilding Clasp (Retributive Amulet) 4000gp

Bracers of armor +2 3300gp

Wilding Clasp (Bracers of armor +2)

Cloak of Resistance +3

Wilding Clasp (Cloak of Resistance +3)

Flesheater 12000gp

Anklets of Translocation 1400gp

+1 wooden buckler

2400gp

440pp

Aquamarine (400 gp)

Azurite (12 gp)

Azurite (14 gp)

2 x Black Pearl (400 gp)

Black Pearl (500 gp)

Blue Star Sapphire (1000 gp)

Carnelian (20 gp)

Obsidian (13 gp)

Violet Garnet (400 gp)

Electrum Choker inlaid with Silver (1800 gp)

Breastplate (Medium) (+2 armor) (4350 gp)

Wand of Mirror Image (13 of 50 charges)

Arcane Scroll (Fog Cloud (150 gp)

Divine Scroll (Remove Fear (25 gp)

Oil of Magic Weapon (50 gp)

Potion of Magic Fang (50 gp)

All scrolls and magic items function at the lowest CL possible to cast them

You do find a rather large trunk and in it... Aenar's body.

The pelorite has had his head stitched with black thread back on his shoulders and has had the symbol of Iborighu scraped with a dagger on his chest and despite his blue coloration and vacant stare, Iki has not yet turned him into a servant of her house.

Spoiler: Aenar's Earthly Possessions
    Show
    Nightstick (7500gp)

Periapt of Wisdom +4 (16,000gp)

Cloak of Resistance +3 (9,000gp)

Ring of Protection +2 (8,000gp)

Wand: Protection from Evil (50)

Wand: Lesser Vigour (750gp) (31 charges remain)

Wand: Lesser Restoration (4,500gp) (48 charges remain)

Scroll of Remove Disease x2 (750gp)

Scroll of Remove Curse x2 (750gp)

Scroll of Remove Blindness/Deafness (375gp)

Scroll of Break Enchantment (700gp)

Scroll of Sending

Diamond Dust (9,000gp)

Belt of Magnificence +2

Winged Vest

Full Plate +5

Morningstar +3

+1 cold iron greatsword

Arrallae's lock of hair x1

Raine closes Aenar's eyes and gives a short prayer to Pelor.

"What a horrific way to defile his body... ""

Anzaril nods.

"All the more reason to end Iki's existence, child. This place will cease to be, but we cannot allow the Deceitful Winter to escape and build a new Lugenheim in these woods.""

With Dietrich guiding the group using Xander's glasses, you all end up in front of a black statue depicting Iki Ryo. This one, like the one with the Icegaunt, is covered in black fire, but it is bigger than the one brought down by Eveline.

Anzaril takes a few steps back and points at it.

"We saw one in another room, but then, we had beasts do the job for us. I can tell this statue will have a lot of wards placed on it. Be careful- the last time we tried to destroy one, it unleashed waves of negative energy. Let us be cautious.""

Map

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Titan in the Playground

"Baldo? Be aware you're mocking my brother, Luke Crawford", the mage says on serious tone before opening a wide open smile, "But I like it: Baldo, hehehe".

He help people to stash the whole treasure and look at very dead Aenar. Maybe Pelor is happy for he got two willing sacrifices tonight. He could almost picture Rosalind dead in Lugenheim, if she wasnt busy playing hero in town. But it's a sad day when someone die in such grizzly way and Aenar was a frend, yet zealous.

"We must make Iki pay for all these killings", he says and look at the third statue, "I say vandalism may be just the first payment".

Once all reunited in the room with statue, Johann give Luke a tight hug, "Why are you here, my good brother? I was thought you were in a far warmer place. Almost went to the Sea of Sands on vacation, but heard of a war and decided to stay someplace more peaceful and... meh, end up in this frozen warzone".

He then look at the hooded woman, "It was a very precise attack you did back there. I'm Johann Crawford, master painter and mage".

He offer his hanf to the red-eyed priest. "You must be the one who is keeping my brother alive. Thanks for that".

Turning to Dietrich he gives a faint smile, "Nice glasses. Do you guys have Xander's body too?"

17. - Top - End - #1517

BlueKnightGuy

Dietrich greets Johann with a smile and a clap on the shoulder, glad to see the mage looking well. Anzaril he greet more cautiously. When the first time you see a fey is her sucking blood from the neck of a Winter Knight it gives you permanent pause. Raine is unknown to him, time will have to tell.

"That's grisly," he says in a flat tone seeing Aenar's body. The anger building in him over the desecration on a noble soul's body doesn't reach his voice. It doesn't subside, either.

To Johann's query he says, "There's wasn't a body to recover. He crumbled to dust, which scattered around the snow and wind. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Johann. His spirit was leading us through the glasses, and he helped us a great deal. But I believe that what magic was stored in the glasses has left them. Still, I'm wearing them a while longer just in case. And they make me look smarter, don't you think?"

In reality, the look of Xander's glasses perched on the nose of his grimacing crystal mask was a sin against the gods of style that will never be forgiven. He leads the group to the next statue and listens to Anzaril describe destroying the other one.

"We destroyed one ourselves. Eveline channeled magic into it, destroying it after a few minutes. Xander has been silent ever since he infused some temporary arcane abilities into me. Stored them, as it were. If I'm recalling correctly he mentioned there being three, I guess this accounts the final anchor point for Lugenheim. The first was recommended to be destroyed by a strong abjuration. Melee attempts to destroy it were claimed to be suicidal. We can bet Iki knows our plan now, too, and won't let us go un-harrased for too long."

18. - Top - End - #1518
    Titan in the Playground

Johann give a sad smile to Dietrich, "Sure, keep them. I'll figure a way to bring him back later. Maybe even bessech it as a favor from Arralae when we save her".

He look at the ever growing pile of treasures and the final statue.
    "In fact, maybe there can be a fourth place of power in Lugenheim: Iki Ryo's throne was very well protected and filled with necromantic and abjuration magic. I tried to destroy it, but it repaired very quickly".

He watch the necrotic flames in the statue and look at the dead ones.
    "We're all very tired and harmed, maybe we shpuld use the hair to recover from our wounds and bring the dead back to life. When facing Decarabia, Arralae's blessed us with the power to resist the necromantic power of death and negative energy... Maybe it can shield us from the negative waves these statues seem to emanate when they're attacked. With enough protection, I'm sure my brohter Luke here can bring that statue down with a couple hammer bashes".

He look to everyone, "Let's get ready for the final battle. We have found lots of treasures and maybe we should split them to be better prepared".

He look to Dante, "I've got a few scrolls and wands of the divine and, even though I can deceive them, maybe they're better in your hands. So, if no one disagree", Johann then hand the cleric with the scrolls and wand he found in Humbert's body.

Spoiler: Scrolls and Wands
    Show
    Wand of Resurgence
    Scrolls of Curse of impending blades, Listening Lorecall (each 150gp) Bear's Endurance x2

He then look to Luke, "Here brother, will you marry me?", he says offering a magic ring to his brother.

Spoiler: Ring of Wizardry I
    Show
    Cause he's a duskblade and can get the best out of it

"I'm keeping Humbert's pearls of power. He got a few ranger's scrolls, which maybe Jacob, Raine and Anzaril may or may not use, so just let me know if you want them. He got lots of other stuff too. What you got there?".

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyr leans wearily against a nearby wall for a couple minutes, feeling the effects of Iki's magic wane and the restorative power of Dante's spell bringing him back to health. He has many questions for Johann and those with him, but his first priority is the group's safety. Treading with extreme caution, he takes his time and examines the entirety of the room, with the majority of his focus on the black statue and the area around it.

Spoiler: Search
    Show
    Zephyr takes 20 on a search check of the room and the statue specifically, giving the team time to converse and recover. The result is 35.

20. - Top - End - #1520

BlueKnightGuy

"Hmm. Johann, perhaps if all three statues are destroyed the throne will become vulnerable. Maybe the throne anchors everything and the statues empower and protect it. Depending on what happens here in the next little while it may be worth returning to the throne room."

21. - Top - End - #1521

Beholder

Very hurt and bloodied, Luke gets up once he see his brother.

"I came here to save my brother, not the other way around", he thinks before giving Johann a crushing hug.

"I came here to protect you, brother!", he says before adding, "Hamalthan is upside down and I was missing you too".

He follow the group while chit-chatting mentally with his brother and telling the best stories of the desert and how he ended in here.

"It's too much things I want to tell you, maybe we can kill that stupid witch and get out of this freezing hell...", he begin to say out loud before his brother interrupt him with a marriage proposal, "Of course I do!", he let out a echoing laughter as he take the ring and put on his left hand, "But I thought Fyrune was the one who would receive such honor".

He stay all the while besides his brother, a smile in his face.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Our father, Chimaera's and mine, is going to surgery in one hour and half, so I wont be able to post more than this as I'll be taking care and driving him once the surgery ends.

It isnt anything that will kill him, so dont worry.

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Ogre in the Playground

Dante is in his human form again. After some brief cumpliments.

"You say you are Johann. I have I message to you, from Silas. He says he and Reintse are going to Helheim and if we head to Kinderheim, we will face a heavily guarded outpost."

He sees that others are still recovering, and he also notices there isn't sign of the Witch, yet.

"Ok, we still have a lot of work. The statue is heavily warded, but I might have the right tool. The samurai is spot on, though, Iki won't sit idly watching us destroy this statue. Let's get ready."

He uses the last charge of his wand of alterself to become a lizardfolk again.

"Argh, I was relieved you got rid of that disgusting shape."

"Surviving is our priority, not looks. By the way, watch out, you destroyed one of the statues as well as one of her most prized ghouls, Iki Ryo will make you pay."

Eveline knows that, but running away isn't an option, so better face that witch and pray everything doesn't become too terrible.

Show
    Dante casts alterself from wand

Zephyr still has damage on his dexterity, if he has Eveline will cast Lesser Restoration on him.
    Last edited by Dudu; 2016-06-16 at 09:00 AM.
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Titan in the Playground

@Dante: Anzaril turns to look at you as you relay Johann's message.

"Helheim? Silas is headed with Reintse to Helheim...""

The Fen Witch goes deep in thought and then looks at the statue.

"Iki Ryo was merely sent to delay us. Now that I know where the others are headed, we need to destroy this statue and face the Deceitful Winter.

We cannot allow her to escape like last time. Hopefully, we will not have a loose canon like Adalyse fire on us- the sacred water of the Font of Life is spared.

Also... we need to get the Song of Ruin out of this house.""

Anzaril points at the statue with her finger and this one begins to glow green, but then the Fen witch lowers her hand and smiles.

"I have several of these, but I'd rather save them for Iki herself. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears."

24. - Top - End - #1524
    Titan in the Playground

"Message from Silas... Hmmm", he listen to the priest and nods, "Thanks. I wouldnt expect anything less than a guarded outpost to defend a kidnapper and dozen children", he says and enjoy the moment to look better at this cleric.

"Where do you know Silas from? You dont look like one of usual friends. And what's your name again?"

25. - Top - End - #1525
    Ogre in the Playground

Having completed his inspection of the room and the statue, Zephyr turns his attention back to Johann. "It is good to see you again, my friend. After Xander gave his life to help us escape, we thought the rest of you lost. What of Aenar? Humbert? Adalyse? Jacob?" His face turns grim as the other party shares news of their time within the house, and the loss of so many.

With an eye to the corpses they had collected, he adds, "We should return them to Justcrown, at least. Perhaps Rosalind will be able to aid us in restoring them... and failing that, to provide for their eternal rest. They do not deserve this fate."

Zephyr makes a semi-formal bow in Anzaril's direction. "I am afraid that Dietrich and I have been working towards destroying this place, Lady Anzaril. Xander believed that only once the power of Lugenheim was broken would we be able to defeat Iki Ryo. He was a learned man, and in this I believe he spoke the truth."

Zephyr musters a smile towards the unfamiliar winged woman. He does not recognize her as Luna from their previous encounter. "It is good to meet you, Lady Raine. Iki has laid the best of us low in this forsaken place, but we are fortunate to have you among those who have stood to take their place."

Zephyr takes another moment to pick through the available equipment and make use of some of it while the group decides how to proceed.

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Titan in the Playground

@Zephyr: Anzaril looks at Dietrich, who wears Xander's glasses on top of his mask and raises an eyebrow as he walks up to the samurai and runs her finger on the rim.

"So it is true, then... Xander Corillian is dead. A great loss. He was a magnificent wizard and a sorcerer. The best of both worlds.""

Anzaril looks at the statue of Iki Ryo and this one cracks, if only a little.

"Xander was a learned man, Zephyr. Make no mistake about that. I knew him, if only briefly when we all sealed Swan's Rest with the help of Archaidous, an elven conjurer. Xander was not a warmonger. On the contrary- he was a man who always sought the most non violent approach to any situation...

And Iki Ryo took advantage of that.""

The Fen Witch seems deeply touched by these news as she looks at the statue, which bears but a simple crack and continues to blaze with black flames.

"Xander may have been on the right track about taking down this Winterhaunt. We cannot sit idly by and waste more time.

If what you say is true, then there this is the last one we need to bring down before we can face Iki. No wonder she was so strong when Johann, Raine, Jacob and Adalyse faced her.""

Raine blushes as you refer to her by the term of Lady.

"Raine is fine, really! I am not a noble or anything. I am here to help... it is what we have to do, right? End this Eternal winter. It is what the duchy needs... and the Fey Woods. So count on me for that.""

@The Party: Anzaril points at the statue as this one keeps manifesting its frigid flames.

"If anyone has an idea on how to destroy this thing, best do so now- and if we do destroy it, I need all of you strong enough.

Zephyr and Dietrich have destroyed one support. Johann, Raine and myself have destroyed another and if Xander's information is correct, this is the last one.

And once this is done, we can go and end that Yuki O Na.

She has a lot to answer for.""

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Titan in the Playground

@Johann: You take a look at your brother, who, although has been healed somewhat by this Jasidan, is still not in top shape to face off against Iki Ryo.

Dietrich and Zephyr are fine- or as fine as they can be. The Deceitful Winter's earlier spell has left the at a terrible disadvantage.

You were fortunate to have a sip from the waters of the Font of Life and your spell repertoire is pretty much intact.

But you will need all the help you can to bring down Iki Ryo.

And so, taking a strand of the sacred hair bestowed by Arrallae, you squeeze the lock in your hand and ask that the Goddess of the Fey Woods give you a chance to end this monster.

Once and for all.

@The Party: Johann's body glows with golden light as the statue a few feet away from him begins to shatter and the mage lifts his hand to the freezing ceilings of Lugenheim as a powerful heavenly glow inundates the entire room.

For those who have witnessed this before, it is a familiar and welcome boon- the gift of a goddess of Light.

For those not aware, the warmth in your soul seems to grow at exponential rate, as power never before felt- even by the gods of Magic Wee Jas and Boccob- swell within your body, garnting all of you different powers.

First, Zephyr's haversack opens on its own as a beam of golden light rises from it and flies down the halls of Lugenheim.

Why it did that? Who knows.

Then, Anzaril, Raine and Johann drop their bags of holding as these become engulfed in the golden light and out come three figures:

It's father Aenar! And although bereft of his armor and items, he wears a simple white tunic to cover his body with the symbol of Pelor stitched on it.

"By The Shining One... I was about to reach the Blessed Isle of Pelor across the Okeanos... my head.""

Aenar feels his neck as the black stitches are washed away.

"We are still in Lugenheim... praise Pelor that all of you are alive. And who might you three be?""

It's another golden brilliance that brings another well known warrior into the Hall of Lies. this one wears the same simple white tunic with the symbol of the Shining One on it:

"It would seem that my duty is not over yet in the world of mortals. Thank you, my friends. Old and new. We have not won the war yet, have we? Windemere still lives?""

Humbert Gaula... as eager as ever to continue the fight.

It's a final golden glow that brings forth a fully armed bowman:

Jacob, the Eternal Archer.

"By the goddess... I am back again. Anzaril, you are still here. Are win Lugenheim? Johann and...Raine. good to see both of you.

Dietrich and Zephyr, glad you are both still alive. And we have three more to join us in the war? I wish we did not need more people, but given who we fought...""
    Jacob looks at Johann, his expression going grim.

"Where is Adalyse?"

Everyone feels a tremendous cosmic power pump inside your heart as this power derived from a single lock of hair bestows upon you several unique an extraordinary abilities.

Spoiler: Arrallae's Embrace
    Show

Ful Hp + 100 temporary HP

For those who have been tainted by Iki Ryo's sinister spells, the power of this single strand proves most useful, as the entire hallway is doused in golden holy symbols, unable to be identified even by the most pious.

Spoiler: Arrallae's Cleansing
    Show
    all vile damage is removed, as is any debuffs accounted so far

And as the power of the Golden Goddess keeps washing over you, Iki Ryo's statue seems to cry in pain as golden cracks begins to show on its black icy surface.

Spoiler: Arrallae's Strength
    Show
    Dante, Dietrich, Luke, Raine, Eveline, Jacob and Humbert gain a +6 morale bonus to attack and damage

Those who can cast get other divine blessings.

Spoiler: Arrallae's Benediction
    Show
    Dante, Eveline, Aenar, Johann, Raine, Luke and Anzaril get to cast the next damage dealing spell as Maximized, Empowered and Consecrated

As for the everybody else, the single strand of hair gives you amazing healing powers.

Spoiler: Arrallae's Perseverance
    Show

Everyone gains Fast Healing 10. This overrides (does not stack) with Persistent Mass Vigor

As for Eveline.... the power of Arrallae has a different effect, on top of everything else she has gained.

Who knows why this is happening- the power of a goddess is not one that can be comprehended by mere mortals... even outsiders like a Lumi.

Eveline lifts off the ground a few feet as an intense warm golden aura surrounds her and she undergoes a radical and glorious change... blessed be Arrallae.

Spoiler: Arrallae's Nostalgic Kiss
    Show
    Holy Transformation

Divine Power

Holy Sword on mace

Greater Visage of the Deity

And then, the golden power of the strand begins to wane as this one turns into golden dust which is washed onto the statue, causing it to yell in pain as it shatters completely and a pool of cold water is revealed where it once stood.

Anzaril looks at the risen martyrs, killed in Lugenheim and smiles as the last remnants of the golden hair disappear from Johann's hand.

"Thank you for joining us.

The path is marked- we have but one enemy to defeat now. We are all blessed by Arrallae now, but do not get overconfident- Iki is still a dangerous threat. let us not waste this gift in vain.""

The Fen Witch points at the pool and then looks at all of you.

"This is it. there is no turning back. When you feel you are ready...""

At that moment, the entire hall begins to creak and crack as the whole room rumbles and begins to unmake itself.

"... start casting any spells you need: she won't give us a chance to prepare down there.""
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-06-16 at 05:24 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Ogre in the Playground

Dante never felt so good in his entire life. He was battered and down, but now he feels they do have a chance against the witch. He looks around and find... Eveline?

"Whoa. Eve, you look spectacular! Marry me!"

"Don't start with your silly jokes, human, the whole place is falling appart and we have a mission to finish."

Aye, it is. For all that bless, Dante is still without his most precious asset, his spells. Arreale's gift is tremendous, but he is still more fond of Wee Jas gift. Which doesn't mean he is devoid of all buff. He casts Ebon Eyes on himself, just to not waste the opportunity. And that power... yes, Humbert Gaula

"Hey, Sir Gaula. After that, if we survive, we need to talk. Something about High Inquisitor Kalypsia."

He had to be brief. To the other two.

"Sorry to meet you all in such a hurry. But I think we all agree on one thing. We have to kill that witch."
    That's as much introduction he can make.

I'm truly impressed by the power of it's hair. But perhaps even more so, with the fact they didn't use all hair locks yet, having the strenght to preserve it. Really, for all it matter, that goddess could donate every single hair to our cause and end up even more bald than Baldo. Speaking of which...

He takes a quick look at Luke's head

Nope, still bald. For all it's miracles the hair of goddess found it easier to bring desecrated corpses back to life than to solve Luke's capillary problems

He waits wathever buffs the party has to cast. When they finish, he jumps the pool, followed by the ultra buffed Eveline.
    Last edited by Dudu; 2016-06-16 at 09:52 AM.
    Show

Requiem Macabre Doc

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Titan in the Playground

Johann grab what he wants from the treasury and hold on Fenvarel.

"Someone with should use it. Arralae's sword, Fenvarel. As for the remaining hair locks, who will keep them? I've got no more spells to ward you guys except for a Freedom of Movement. Once you're ready, let's go. Stay by my side, brother. Enigma has a few wards you can borrow".

Johann grips his runestaff, almost depleted and steel his resolve. Time to finish her.

30. - Top - End - #1530
    Titan in the Playground

@The Party: Humbert asks for Fenvarel and his belongings as he sheathes Tizona and grips Arrallae's blade with both hands.

"I will not make the same mistake twice. We end that monster. For good this time. Together.""

Aenar finishes putting on his armor and takes out a wand.

"Most of my spells were spent fighting her in that damnable hallway. I still have some of Pelor's Grace with me, but not the most powerful of Miracles at my disposal, Still..."

And so, true to his nature, the pelorite blesses each of you with the scared wand.

Spoiler: Aenar's Blessing
    Show

Protection from Evil for those who do not have it on

@Dante: Humbert finishines putting on his boots and gets up and almost stands at attention.

"Kalyspia, you say? The High Inquisitor... fine. One thing at a time. Let us go end that fiend."

The fact that everyone has been refreshed by this power is great.

Eveline's Transformation is beyond anything you could have imagined. The Lumi has been a supportive warrior in this Hall of Lies, but now, with her new winged form...

You actually may have a chance to see this place come down.

And so, following Anzaril, all of you jump into the pool as Lugenheim begins its unmaking, seeing how far this Rabbit Hole goes.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2016-06-16 at 03:47 PM.