Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [EX3e] - Glorious Chiaroscuro - IC

Spoiler
    Show

OOC

---

In the southern threshold where the inland sea touches the sandy shore stands a city of glass towers and shadows. It is a place of ancient heritage and glorious legacy, and one of the greatest cities in the south of Creation. In ancient times, it is said, the city was enslaved to mad Anathema demons that stole their power from the sun for their own twisted ends. Though these Solar Anathema are officially banned from the city, in practice they are allowed shelter and safe harbor as long as they keep to themselves. In more modern days, it is under the control of the Delzahn, a people split between city-dwellers and wandering tribes.

From the highest Khan to the lowest slave, all of the Delzahn of the south bow to the will of the Tri-khan. He is a strong and canny ruler that has played the Realm, the Guild and every other power that sought to control him into leaving the Horde independent.

He is dead.

And he appointed no heir.

In the void left by his untimely demise, the city's people begins to fight amongst themselves. The Tri-khan's clever maneuvering and political machinations had kept Chiaroscuro from becoming a puppet of the Realm or the Guild, but with the man's death, there is a power vacuum.

A group of Dragon-Blood, the heroes of the (in theory) world-encompassing Realm have come to the city. Seeing an opportunity to bring the Immaculate faith back to the city, the harbor is occupied, and the absentee Empress' minions push for Molon Khan, a man sympathetic to the Realm, to take the place of the dearly departed Tri-Khan. It's no secret that the Realm's influence would be a disaster for the Anamthema who hide there, but one of the Dragon-Blood commanders (a water aspect named Still River) has lived in the city almost her entire life, and by all accounts cares deeply for Chiaroscuro and its people.

The Guild, similarly, has an interest in the city. While the Tri-Khan has allowed them relatively free reign to trade in the city, it's common knowledge that the move was unpopular and that the Realm in particular was furious about it. It is an open secret that in order to maintain their high profits, the Guild is backing Nayan Khan, a shrewd merchant with a long and colorful history. Nayan is generally seen as a good man (if stingy), but the Guild will undoubtedly influence his policies.

From the southern deserts comes one of the Delzahn nomad Khans, proclaiming that the new Tri-Khan shall be one who is not tied down by the politics of the weaklings in the city (him, obviously). Maral Khan is brilliant has won many great battles for the Delzhan tribes (it is rumored that he has been blessed by Ahlat personally) but he lacks the tact necessary to be a political officer. He comes at the head of six cohorts, and makes camp outside the city. It is not a siege by any stretch of the imagination, but it is clear that he intends to make good on his authority, with or without the city's approval. A new Tri-Khan must be appointed soon, or he may very well decide a siege is the best option.

Grandmother Bright is... Grandmother Bright.

Within the city's seedy underbelly, whispers crawl that the Tri-khan's death was no accident, no mere circumstance; the man had been relatively young and strong as a bull. He would not have simply keeled over. They whisper amongst themselves and try to work out what to do in regards to the Khans; there is fierce divide over which to lend support, if any.

And perhaps worst of all, some believe that the city's shadowlands, long held at bay by salt lines and old magic, have begun to grow...

Into this chaos, you step. A hero from a forgotten age, reborn into power both ancient and incredible. You are a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, here in Chiaroscuro just as these events unfold. With the sun itself at your back, what will you make of the glorious city of Chiaroscuro? What mark will you leave on Creation?

---

[Harbor Markets]

Tempers and tensions throughout the city have both been burning strong and hot for weeks now, but the markets have felt it most of all. The Guild is doing everything in its power to make the Dragon-blooded feel unwelcome; though they never directly engage the Realm, prices jump sharply whenever one of the Terrestrials walk by. The Realm and Guild have occasional brawls and shouting matches in the streets, but no blood has been spilled as of yet. The Tri-Khan's former soldiers act as mediators as much as possible, but they have also gotten into scuffles with the upstart foreigners.

Suddenly, there was a loud fwoosh, a louder scream, and suddenly both Realm legionaries and Guild guardsmen are drawing their blades and shouting challenges. A riot is about to break loose.

And unfortunately for you, you were shopping nearby at the time.

What do you do?

---

((Despite what this says you do not necessarily have to be there to shop. That's just the default I'm going to assume.))
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-06-16 at 11:27 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [EX3e] - Glorious Chiaroscuro - IC

Alena wanders through the market, looking for the best deal on fire dust and, to a lesser extent, arrows, though her slitted eyes and the barest suggestion of green scales causing the prices to rise as she approached the stalls, either the assumption she was a lesser dragon-blood or the stigma of her mutation marking her as one that it was okay to scam. She sighs as she sees the third 300% mark-up on the already reasonably precious and expensive dust, but as a fwoosh and scream ring out, her head snaps to alertness and her hands drop to her sides, wrapping around the handles of her two flames pieces, bow slung over her back likely useless in such short quarters.

As she sees the Realm legionnaires and Guild guardsmen reaching for their weapons and looking to fight with one another, she groans as she realizes she would have to do something she hated: Talk the two into not brawling in the streets. She takes a deep breath and calls out, "Hey! No need for a fight. Whatever that was, I doubt it was either one of you! It'd be better to figure out who shot! Calm yourselves!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charisma Roll: (2d10)[9][7](16)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The Legionaries and the Guardsmen both turn at the sound of the young woman's voice. They don't seem to calm down, but Alena has bought some time. At the sight of her green scales and slitted eyes, their commanding officer (a man in red jade armor with flaming red hair) sneered.

"This is none of your concern, mutant." The dragon-blood growled, pointing his blade at the guardsmen. "These traitors to the Realm are ours to contend with."

The guild officers' commander - a green haired woman in an armored buff jacket - laughed. "Your Empress does not rule here, lizard lover."

"The Empress rules all, coin grubbler!" The man shouted. "You'll learn that soon enough."

The already sweltering heat of the day began to boil just a bit hotter.

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

As the riot begins to inflame its participants, Aivas' years of training kick in. With a whistle that could pierce the heavens, he rallies the local guards. With the mighty clash of cloven hooves he moves his horse near the two clashing sides as they eye eachother with blood in their eyes.

"Guards, atttteention! Any side makes a move and I authorize you in the name of the late Tri-Khan to detain them. If they resist, you have permission to use force."

Spoiler: Riot Gear Not Available
    Show
    Readying his local forces, not sure theres a roll for that but if so just say the word
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2016-06-16 at 11:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Tepin pokes her head out from the tea shop she stopped at. The girl clearly not from around there walks out.

"Please... please... This violence isn't necessary! Chiaroscuro needs order, not chaos and bloodshed!"

The young exalt places herself between the factions. "Bloodshed will only result in resentment, that resentment will result in violence. It will just be a cycle..."

The eyes of the crowds turn to her, drawn to her as she speaks. Her words carry an authority on it, but it is gentle and kind. Compassion will rule the day here.

"Let this not be a massacre, this glorious city and its people deserve better..."

Spoiler: CHARMS
    Show
    Performance Persuade action, thanks to harmonious presence i get 3 dice automatically added, I spend 4 motes on respect commanding attitude (that is reduced from 5 thanks to above charm) 1 mote on Masterful Performance (see above charm granted motes off) which gives an auto success and reroll ones, ones can't be used against me. and impassioned orator technique... 1 mote, double 9s.

so Charisma 4 Performance 4, 3 extra dice, 1 auto and reroll 1s and double nines for 6 motes. Assuming a 1 point stunt gives me 2 dice.

Regular roll of 13 dice first (1 sux already)
    (13d10)[6][8][7][5][9][9][10][2][5][9][5][2][9](86)
    Rerolls if any (Just go left to right)
    (8d10)[5][8][1][8][3][2][10][9](46)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, you've got enough influence/backing that just rallying them like this is trivial.

The local Delzahn guards - previously paralyzed by indecision - snapped to attention at Aivas' command and moved to the group of legionaries and guardsmen.

The green haired merchant frowns at the guards around her before noticing Aivas. Her hand falls down, away from her firepiece. The dragon-blood sheaths his sword. Their subordinates keep their weapons drawn.

"Lord Aivas. Smooth Silk, am I. As local representative of the Guild, I offer my apologies for this... disruption." Silk's displeasure was palpable. "However, I'm afraid we cannot stand down. Field and his men-"

And then Tepin shouted her proclamation. There were some polite mumurs of assent. Several onlookers clapped.

The Dragon-blood (Field, presumably) raised an eyebrow at the woman's voice and the apparent approval her words had stirred. Without another word, he turned to his men. "... She's right. Sheathe your- you already sheathed your weapons." He growled.

The soldiers looked amongst each other, murmuring.

Silk sniggered. "Such lack of discipline."

He ignored the Guild merchant, turning to the Khan. "Lord Aivas, one of the Terrestrial exalted was poisoned at Silk's... establishment, and was charged exorbitantly for the privilege. She has been hallucinating for the past 3 hours and shows no signs of stopping."

"And you just killed one of my soldiers."

He turned his nose up at her. "By mistake, after you not only insulted the Realm, but attempted to take me prisoner for demanding a refund, of all things."

"What the hell is... going... on... nothing, apparently."

From the nearby harbor came a woman clad in blue jade armor. She had short navy hair and a slightly blue tint to her skin, but carried no weapons. She blinked as she looked between the guards, the Guildsmen and the Realm legionaries. Some of the last began muttering amongst themselves.

"... Well. Is this all... under control?" She looked to Lord Aivas. He would recognize her as Still River, ostensibly in command of the Dragon-blooded here.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-06-17 at 12:05 AM.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Asheela notes the commotion, but also notes how quickly it seems to falter. She continues her shopping, looking for reagents and tomes of lore and other such oddities.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Eo, whiteleaf cigar wafting smoke from under her conical hat, watches the small girl with interest. Someone to keep her eye on, to be sure. She shifts the weight of her woven shopping-basket, hanging from the leather-wrapped cane over her shoulder.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Alena sighs inwardly and strolls away from the commotion, shaking her head and grumbling inwardly to herself about stupid, pig-headed Realm idiots that don't recognize someone trying to help when they see one and wanders away from the scene, continuing shopping with perhaps even less patience than she had had before.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"Shopping" was perhaps not the best definition of what Chinoe was doing, though she ended up with more supplies than she'd started with, and exchanged money (though, again, thanks to the magic of nimble fingers, the convenience of a distraction, and coins substituted at the last second, not only has she actually spent less money than she should have, but she might even have gained some).
    The shady (and shades-wearing) woman is biting into a freshly-stolen orange (or maybe she'd actually bought that one, it's hard to keep track of everything) as she walks besides Eo. "What's that ruckus about poisoned Terrestrials?", she asks, trying not to spit out juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Aivas lowers his spear, the red jade gleaming in the sunlight and motions for his men to stay alert but also lower their weapons. He had an audience, and it would be best to address his fellow actors first. He nods his head in respect, he may not agree with Still River's faith on several key issues but he did recognize she was an admirable commander of her men,"Commander Still River, great to see you again! You have to take me up on my offer of drinks sometime, one commander to another," he says with a direction sized grin on his face, as he continues the grin shrinks to only become kingdom sized,"It seems your cousins lack your discipline, one of Field's soldiers seems to have been "poisoned" by a hallucinogen while in a brothel. Now I would never impugn the honor of a Dragon but perhaps the fault lies in the soldier rather than the Guild." He then looks to Field and Silk,"Now it seems that in the name of protecting the peace, perhaps a detente of sorts could be reached? I suggest Field repays the Guild for the loss of one of their men and in return the Guild will no longer offer such hallucinogens to Field's soldiers. Seem fair? Excellent!"

Without waiting for a reply, Aivas trots over to Tepin and grins,"I like your style lady, can I invite you to some tea?" He then looks around,"Also lady who tried to help but got shouted at, you want some tea too?" he shouts to the crowd in general, looking for Alena.

Spoiler: Tea and Drinks Approach!
    Show
    activating Masterful Performance Exercise (-2m) which grants 1 success and rerolls any 1s til 1s no longer appear. activating x5 Solar Performance Excellencies (-1m ea, total 5m) (-7m from personal essence cuz showing a caste mark would only worsen matters ) (6/13 Personal Essence remaining)

rolling Cha (4)+Performance (3)+Excellency dice (5): (12d10)[10][9][8][5][7][6][10][6][3][7][7][8](86)

stunt (im guessing 2 but will roll all 3 just in case): (3d10)[10][2][7](19)
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2016-06-17 at 10:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Tepin looks around a bit before pointing to herself at the invitation. "Um. Sure..."

She looks over to the crowd for the other woman that tried to help.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Alena looks up at the invitation, then looks around to make sure Aivas isn't referring to anyone else, then nods and says, "...Sure. Tea sounds good right about now, actually." She sighs sadly and strolls over to Aivas and says, bowing respectfully, "Greetings. My name is Alena. You are...?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Aivas lowers his spear, the red jade gleaming in the sunlight and motions for his men to stay alert but also lower their weapons. He had an audience, and it would be best to address his fellow actors first. He nods his head in respect, he may not agree with Still River's faith on several key issues but he did recognize she was an admirable commander of her men,"Commander Still River, great to see you again! You have to take me up on my offer of drinks sometime, one commander to another," he says with a direction sized grin on his face, as he continues the grin shrinks to only become kingdom sized,"It seems your cousins lack your discipline, one of Field's soldiers seems to have been "poisoned" by a hallucinogen while in a brothel. Now I would never impugn the honor of a Dragon but perhaps the fault lies in the soldier rather than the Guild." He then looks to Field and Silk,"Now it seems that in the name of protecting the peace, perhaps a detente of sorts could be reached? I suggest Field repays the Guild for the loss of one of their men and in return the Guild will no longer offer such hallucinogens to Field's soldiers. Seem fair? Excellent!"

Without waiting for a reply, Aivas trots over to Tepin and grins,"I like your style lady, can I invite you to some tea?" He then looks around,"Also lady who tried to help but got shouted at, you want some tea too?" he shouts to the crowd in general, looking for Alena.

Spoiler: Tea and Drinks Approach!
    Show
    activating Masterful Performance Exercise (-2m) which grants 1 success and rerolls any 1s til 1s no longer appear. activating x5 Solar Performance Excellencies (-1m ea, total 5m) (-7m from personal essence cuz showing a caste mark would only worsen matters ) (6/13 Personal Essence remaining)

rolling Cha (4)+Performance (3)+Excellency dice (5): [roll0]

stunt (im guessing 2 but will roll all 3 just in case): [roll1]
    Silk snorted. "And the murder of my guildsman goes unnoted, of course."

Field bristled. "You listen here, none of-"

"Silence."

The soldiers immediately complied. River saluted to Aivas. "Aivas Khan." She then turned to her commanders. "I'll deal with this and report in to you as soon as I'm sure what happened. Sorry to waste your time. You lot!" She yelled, the Realm soldiers snapping to attention. "My ship. Now."

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Tepin blinks and snaps out of the sudden topic change.

She rushes over to the guildswoman. "Miss, miss, please forgive me. was caught off guard by the peace keeper. But have proper arrangements been made? Funerary and the like?"

Tepin knew that if it wasn't handled right, a hungry ghost might rise. "Do you need that done?" She genuinely seems concerned.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer View Post
    Tepin blinks and snaps out of the sudden topic change.

She rushes over to the guildswoman. "Miss, miss, please forgive me. was caught off guard by the peace keeper. But have proper arrangements been made? Funerary and the like?"

Tepin knew that if it wasn't handled right, a hungry ghost might rise. "Do you need that done?" She genuinely seems concerned.
    Silk raised an eyebrow at the girl's foreign garb, but quickly masked it as she turned and clasped her hands together. "I'm afraid not, your worship. Poor Sandy had only just started with us - she had little money of her own and no family we know of. Funerary rights cannot be arranged, but if you are offering to properly sanctify her body so a ghost does not arise, we would be most grateful..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Get the priestess to "sanctify" the body for free.
    Manipulation (3) + Larceny (2)
    (5d10)[13]

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

I'm an idiot.

(5d10)[10][10][10][1][4](35)

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mono Vertigo View Post
    "Shopping" was perhaps not the best definition of what Chinoe was doing, though she ended up with more supplies than she'd started with, and exchanged money (though, again, thanks to the magic of nimble fingers, the convenience of a distraction, and coins substituted at the last second, not only has she actually spent less money than she should have, but she might even have gained some).
    The shady (and shades-wearing) woman is biting into a freshly-stolen orange (or maybe she'd actually bought that one, it's hard to keep track of everything) as she walks besides Eo. "What's that ruckus about poisoned Terrestrials?", she asks, trying not to spit out juice.
    Eo watches Aivas invite the Eastern child to tea, and then the Wyld-touched woman. She glides toward an alley, smoke trailing in her wake.
    "I shall ask my fellow concerned citizens. Come if you wish, but after a few choice words, I propose we retire for tea---our brave guard captain and his new friends may wish to hear such things as I may discover."
    Hat low over her sharp eyes, the small woman slips through the back-ways. She knows how to listen, and she knows how to talk. Sometimes half of talking is listening, and half of listening is talking. Sometimes you hear things in between the clink of silver into another's palm, and sometimes you hear it as the steel slides from your belt---though in Eo's case, she prefers the honey approach to the vinegar.
    A woman with a pale birthmark on her tanned forearm blanches as Eo reminds her of the considerable tab she's run up as a patron of the Eclipse's negotiable affection. As Eo mentions the possibility that for certain information, her gratitude might cause her to reconsider the cost of certain services, the woman nods all too eagerly.

Spoiler: ROLLIN
    Show
    (12d10)[7][6][9][8][8][5][8][9][8][8][4][5](85)
    MNP 4 + Larceny 5 + 1 (Specialty: Larceny, Crimelordery) + 2 assumed dice from a 1st-level stunt.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Tepin nods. "It would be my honor to do so." She gives a polite bow.

She looks back to Aivas "Take you up on the tea later?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Aivas nods and looks at Alena and Tepin,"How about tea at lunch tomorrow. White Lotus Tea House." Confident they heard him he leaves the market but not before nodding in thanks to Still River's handling of her side.
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, excuse me, Miss... Alena, was it? I couldn't help but notice your troubles with the salesfolk. If there's something you need, perhaps I could help? I run a shop of my own, down in the Plaza."
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2016-06-18 at 07:56 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

River smiled at Aivas as he shook her hand. "I'd like that, commander. For now I have a job to do."

She then nodded to the Guildswoman. "That seems... reasonable enough. I'll need to learn the exact details of this encounter first, but-"

"Bah!" Silk spat. "Of course you do. A woman dies and all you think about is your Realm."

"... I'll come back later, then." She said dryly.

Spoiler: Beans only - 8 Successes
    Show
    While Terrestrials are nothing new to Chiaroscuro, they haven't been a problem until recently. With the exception of the occasional Wyld Hunt (which aren't anywhere near as common as they should be in a city with this many Anathema), the Realm has generally preferred a hands-off approach to any issues in the city.

With the Tri-Khan's death, however, the Realm has become more aggressive in its behavior. This legion of the Realm had been sent ostensibly to keep order, but the longer a Tri-Khan went without appointment the more agitated they became. This is the first time a Terrestrial has been targetted directly, but Realm soldiers have been drugged at different stores for weeks with varying degrees of lethality (mostly just hallucinogenics).

While you find no solid proof of the Guild's motives, the general consensus among those you speak to is that the Dragon-Blood legion could potentially be kicked out of the city if the Delzahn and the Guild's mercenaries work together to drive them out. As a result, many more... independent Guild merchants have taken it upon themselves to provoke the Realm into starting a fight.

Still River has, astoundingly, kept her men in line through those periods and made certain any crime that the Dragon-Blood committed had been seen to. In last the last few days, however, she has not been keeping as close an eye on her soldiers as she should. You're not sure why, but you do hear one rumor that she's visibly frantic when not in public.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Chinoe Smoke-in-the-Rain jogs behind Eo, leaving orange peels in her trail. "Aww yeah, another occasion for more tea. Hey, wait for me!"
    With the orange juice stains on her (obviously higher quality than she should afford, and therefore "borrowed") silk top and gloves, a pallor uncharacteristic of this region, and her exaggerated facial expressions, Chinoe's demeanor and appearance does not complement her partner's very well, if not by contrast. The jester to a baron, a prince.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2016-06-18 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Alena nods, making a slight bow of greeting, to the other woman and says, "If you're not going to jack up the prices on me, sure..." She follows the woman towards her shop, hoping to be able to get some amount of spare Fire Powder for her Flame Pieces
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-06-18 at 01:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Alena nods, making a slight bow of greeting, to the other woman and says, "If you're not going to jack up the prices on me, sure..." She follows the woman towards her shop, hoping to be able to get some amount of spare Fire Powder for her Flame Pieces
    Asheela leads Alena to the Plaza, past an enormous structure housing what looks to be a tyrant lizard. She opens the door, marked with half-cleaned graffiti of a crudely drawn Twilight caste mark. "Don't mind Roshan, he doesn't bite unless I tell him to. What brings you to Chiaroscuro, Alena?"
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2016-06-18 at 10:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Alena looks down, looking unhappy, and says, "I...It's a long story. Tell me, have you ever heard of the city of Thorns?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Asheela tuts quietly. "The Mask of Winters? Nasty business, that. I take it you were a survivor?" She makes motions, gathering up some firedust for sale.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2016-06-18 at 11:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer View Post
    Tepin nods. "It would be my honor to do so." She gives a polite bow.
    Silk bore a clever, self-satisfied smirk as she bowed. "You are most kind, my humble priestess. Please, follow me. The girl's body is interred nearby." She led Tepin about a block away from the harbor, to a small corner store.

The first floor of the store was a small restaurant, largely empty today. One of the patrons was eating some kind of shellfish, while the rest waited impatiently. On the second floor of the building was a room that clearly was normally used as a brothel; silk curtains hung from the ceiling while luxrious pillows and beds dotted the room. A strange smell Tepin couldn't quite identify (though Silk certainly seemed to like it) hung in the air; it was fading, implying that whatever had caused it had only stopped recently.

'Interred' would be overstating it; a badly burned corpse had been set on a table in the middle of the room. Silk hadn't even bothered to cover it up, it just smoldered a bit. She'd been killed in the last hour or so.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2016-06-18 at 11:59 PM.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Alena nods and says, "You could say that...Though I suspect I only survived due to my cowardice. I...It was awful. I fled the city after...One of my oldest friends...His skeleton ripped his own flesh from his bones. After that...I had to leave. But not without putting out one of the eyes of Winter's colossus on my way out." She sighs, and continues, "Anyways, I'm here to try to get an army to retake Thorns, no matter what." She sighs again, continuing, "Which is seeming less and less likely."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Tepin looks over the body. A shame it came to this. She pulls from a small pack of hers a small incense burner. She sets up a make shift funerary set up and begins praying in old realm.

The prayer is to the Sun, the Moon, the Stars and the world. It asks for blessing and guidance to the next life. "Sun once blessed, moon once guarded, stars once guided, world once sheltered.... One of your children has fallen... one of your children seeks rebirth, lead soul from body to life renewed... Let peace overcome and heart be fulfilled..."

Her hand touches the forehead of the girl upon conclusion of the short prayer, and the flames of the sun leap forth. It consumes the body and releases the soul back to reincarnation.

Spoiler: BLASPHEMOUS
    Show
    spending a mote of peripheral to burn the body, and send the soul to lethe.

I am also able to take the strongest intimacies of the deceased as my own to deliver them to someone important, an important object, or someone who caused great pain.
    Last edited by Kell_tamer; 2016-06-19 at 05:19 PM.