New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [RoS] Soldiers of Fortune (IC)

The dying man only had power to whisper - however, just Gerric was close enough to hear his weak voice.

Spoiler: Gerric
    Show
    "I... will... kill..."

And then he collapsed.

The last survivor looked at Kate with hate in his eyes. "Scum? There are no innocents in war, don't you know? Or are you one of those crazy knights? You listen to me. If you kill me, I'll come for you. Your only chance is letting me go. There are worse things than death. You'll see." His voice was quivering, but not with fear. With hatred and madness. "You'll see... he saw you."

Urukubarr and Nazir did not hear this, for he was looking to opposite side. Over the hill, there stood a figure. It was a man on the horse, with a lance - a knight, maybe? But there was something... off... about this person. Something that made Urukubarr's innards quiver and turned Nazir's guts into lead - there was something about that person that shook their calm and turned it into despair. The figure saluted with the lance and turned back, riding towards their goal...
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

"That's all ya got?" Gerric shrugged. "Eh, I've heard worst last words." The axe came down on the dying man's neck. The task finished, Gerric wiped the blood from his axe and hooked it back to his belt. "One bastard said 'Tell my goat I'm sorry I cheated on him' what are you supposed to do with that? Actually go look for the man's goat?" he said to no one in particular.

That finished he turned to Kate and the surrendered man. Vague talk about fates worse than dying, and some lurking dark evil. Certainly sounded like these folks were connected to the Dark Ones in some way. Can't know for certain, of course. But a damn odd coincidence either way.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-09-24 at 11:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ettin in the Playground

Kate unflinchingly met the man's gaze. She'd recently beheld scenes that shook her to the core. And had she been facing the other direction now, she'd have seen another. But instead, she was facing a worthless insect. His pathetic attempt at intimidation couldn't even wobble a mental teacup.

"'No innocents in war'. That sounds like an excuse to me. Is it easier to do horrible things if you believe that everyone else is horrible too? That honour and compassion are myths? What a sad way to live your life."

Still, that life would get to continue for a little longer. The prisoner had already let slip some useful information. A connection to the Dark Ones, perhaps? If they let him keep talking, maybe more details would emerge. With a little resignation, she gestured towards the group's supplies.

"Restrain him. I'm going to check on the civilians."

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

"Aye, chief. I'm on it." Gerric went to the captured mercenary. "Alright. You should know the drill. Strip. I know ya got armor beneath yer clothes. I want 'em in a pile and any weapons yer carrying with ya in another. Try anything I start hackin', and I won't be givin' you a quick death."
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2017-09-25 at 05:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Firbolg in the Playground

Somehow Nazir didn't notice the horseman on his own. Once the feeling set into his stomach the halfling's eyes locked immediately onto the... knight? "No No Nooo." The figure was turning to leave. No way he could let a straggler escape and report back. Every scout had that ingrained into them. More importantly that could be fatal to the whole group if the element of surprise was lost. His stance shifted toward the far target while his head briefly turned towards Kate who had already headed toward the farmers .

"Kate! One more down there, heading back to report. I'll get him!"

Nazir focused on the knight's movement. He already had an arrow readied to cover the prisoner. He drew back as far as he could with his prized self-crafted bow. All at once he analyzed the horse's movement, the terrain in front of it, and the knight's riding posture. The archer completed his firing breath and loosed.

Spoiler: Missile on the way
    Show
    Bodkin shot at the knight. TN 6
    +7 Proficiency
    +7 Aim
    +1 Drive
    +1 Passion
    +2 Oath
    +2 Conscience
    +1 Downhill bonus
    -1 Target moving
    -1 Target moving away
    -4 accuracy
    Range Penalty (Medium?): Point Blank 25(+1) / Short 45(0) / Medium 70(-1) / Long 120(-3) / Extreme 300(-5) yards

Accuracy Gift: 1 for general location, the other for precise location

Targeting order: XIII (Head) / XII (Upper Chest)/ XI (Belly)
    Precise: Head (head), Chest (Chest), Belly (Lower Ab)

Damage:
    8 (base)
    -1 bodkin
    +x successes
    -2 on their AV
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Not many things in existence could turn Uruk's nerves into mush, yet he stood there completely unnerved. He wasn't about to chase a man on horseback, never mind that he had a lance. Uruk ran back to Kate's position as fast as he could, he felt there was a shadow looming over them, threatening their entire mission and cause.

Moments later, Uruk burst through the brush at full sprint, trying to spot himself clumsily. His armor rattled, a few pieces may even have fallen off the broken plate armor. His eyes were wild, darting around in hyper-vigilance like a terrorized animal. He took great gulps of air in between words, "Dame!!! Dame Katherine!!! Lancer on hill.... Saw me, saluted... Horseback... Riding to... Estate! Maybe this men and farmers... Distraction... Maybe trap... Knight-lancer-man... Unnatural... I feel... Great darkness!!!..." Uruk tried to catch his breath, but the mixture of unnatural fear and sudden physical exertion had the young half-orc completely flustered.
    Last edited by XIII; 2017-09-26 at 10:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Troll in the Playground

Kate could hear the sick crunching sound made by Gerric's axe as he finished the man. Behind her, Urukubarr and Nazir both tried to catch her attention.

In front of her stood a group of scared farmers - around thirty, maybe - whole families, carts. Refugees - she had already seen such eyes, full of fear, anger, but also hope.

One of the men, a large, hairy man with bushy wild beard, stepped forward, a large hatchet in hand, stepped forward to meet her.

Meanwhile, Gerric, letting Nazir deal with the new possible threat, watched their prisoner strip down of both weapons and armour - the man worked quickly and methodically, according to Gerric's instructions. Behind him, the body of the dead man spewed out last gushes of blood. As the man removed his scale armour and the leather he wore underneath, Gerric noticed something. Several black veins, reaching from his shoulder to half of his chest - it did not look natural.

And then came the smell - the same smell he felt in the warehouse. It came from behind him...
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.

Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

8. - Top - End - #878

Uruk's and Nazir's calls to Kate drew everyone's attention to the top of the boulder as the arrow loosed, accompanied by a single note song from the bow. All eyes tracked the flight, anxious to see were the arrow hit.

Spoiler: Incoming
    Show

(10d10)[3][4][10][10][2][2][5][7][7][4](54) TN 6

Who knows, maybe a good time for a Drama point reroll.

Damage:
    8 (base)
    -1 bodkin
    +x successes
    -2 on their AV

Targeting order: XIII (Head) / XII (Upper Chest)/ XI (Belly). +/- 5.
    Precise: Head (head), Chest (Chest), Belly (Lower Ab). +/- 1.

Precise: (1d6)[4]
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

They watched the arrow's ascent - it seemed to fly on it's own will. The distance it passed made it seem like it flew slowly. And when it started to descend, it started to speed up.

It was not possible to watch its full trajectory - the setting sun made it impossible.

There was a glint in the distance and the horse stopped.

And then the figure on the horse simply and unceremoniously dropped to the ground.

The farmers murmured something, most of them clearly impressed.

Gerric looked at their prisoner, who stood there, with a horrified look on his face. Almost not breathing. The other man was dead - but was still bleeding a little. Black blood.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

@Cavir: You get your merciful one-hit-kill. Add it to your SAs

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

Kate turned just in time to see the horseman drop. There was no chance to feel any concern or fear. Before she could even register the potential threat, it had been slain. She gave the team's archer a complimentary smile.

"Nicely done, Nazir. You've slain more enemies today than the rest of us put together."

His skill never ceased to impress her. Now to capitalise on its impact. She turned her gaze back to the prisoner.

"Was that by any chance the 'he' you were talking about? The one who'd destroy us all unless we released you? Well, he's certainly good at luring people into a false sense of security. I'm sure he'll ride to the rescue long before we execute you for being uncooperative..."

If the man got any urges to volunteer new information, it'd be the others who'd receive it. Kate was already walking back towards the civilians.

"Greetings! Are you all unharmed? I hope that we arrived in time to prevent any innocent bloodshed."

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Uruk, suddenly feeling very silly, went back to retrieve the mystery enemy's horse. This would keep him out of the sight of goodly folk for now, his face only made things more difficult. If only all their problems could be solved by Nazir's shooting. If the horse is trained well, it'll go back to it's stables and put their enemy on alert, Uruk was careful in how he approached the horse as not to spook it. He passed Nazir and gave him a one handed salute with his sword, "Good shooting, never seen that good." Truly, the spirits must have helped his flower-blooded comrade.

Show
    Retrieve the enemy horses starting with Sir Lancelot the Black Blooded up there. Probably want to retrieve his corpse (and loot) too by putting it up on the horse.

12. - Top - End - #882

Nazir called out with a combination of accomplishment and relief. "Got him!" He went silent for several seconds thinking to himself and analyzing the shot before coming back mentally to the situation. He reaches down to grab his gear. "Thank you." He had a smile on his face, the praise from the group overriding having to had to kill so many in a short time.

The halfling slides down the boulder and lands away from Gerric's prisoner. With his attention towards the ground Nazir notices the black blood from the corpse and his eyes go wide. Uruk's movement catches his attention. "I'll come and cover you. There are 7 horses. Getting our own little herd." He'll follow Uruk but keep back a ways so he doesn't interfere, and keeps control of Uruk's successes as the half-orc collects the others.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw ****," Gerric muttered as he took a step back from the stripping prisoner. He circled around trying to change his angle so he could keep an eye on the prisoner and whatever was making the smell behind him.

The prisoner was terrified of something. The last thing he wanted to see behind him was one of them thin tall monsters that could turn everyone he just killed into more corpse minions. The dead should stay dead.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

The man's eyes widened and he did not respond to Kate. He just watched her with pure hatred in his eyes. When Kate addressed the peasants, the hairy man responded. His accent was thick and his voice deep, although shaking.

"Thank you, ma'am. You arrived jost in time. We are forever in your debt and we will do anything to repay you. But please, even though this sounds mad... Kill the men and burn their bodies. It is for the best."

Gerric was finally able to pinpoint the source of the smell. The body of the dead man. He was still bleeding... or better - leaking dark, black blood out of his wounds. It was a gagging smell.

Urukubarr walked towards the knight's horse - and noticed something was off - the horse just stood there, without any movement. Without any movement at all. Uruk was not even sure if it breathed.

Behind him, Nazir walked. He couldn't hear his footsteps - the halfling almost never made noise - but he felt his reassuring presence. And then, when he saw it, he knew Nazir saw it likewise.

The horse stood there because it missed not only its rider. It missed part of its torso. It missed part of its meat.

On the ground lay its owner. A large body in plate armour. At least mostly in plate armour. His left arm up to shoulder and his lower right back was uncovered - there was some abnormal growth, sickly white with large black and red veins, scarred and tumorous. His helmet was lying few feet from his head - the arrow was stuck behind his ear and the fall must have knocked the helmet down from his head but... the worst part was that the helmet could not fit correctly.

His head was also covered with the sickly growth and black tar-like blood was slowly leaking from the wound.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

Kate knew better than to dismiss the man's warning. She'd seen the Dark Ones' necromancy first hand. She shouted to her comrades.

"Burn the bodies! And keep a very close eye on the survivor."

By now, she'd learnt to handle such eldritch matters a bit better. What really disturbed her was the peasant's experience with it. How far had the Dark Ones spread their influence? Her hopes of this being an isolated incident were fading fast.

"I know you're not mad. My comrades and I have already seen the horrors of which you speak. Anyway, I don't believe we've been properly introduced. My name is Katherine. Perhaps you could tell us about your situation. We plan on travelling in the direction from whence you came. Any information you could give us would be helpful."

16. - Top - End - #886

The corpse under Gerric's guard had disturbed the halfling, as he was sure it did the others too. It was dead though, just like in the warehouse. A rabid large bear charging you is scary, but once it is dead any lingering fear from looking at its corpse was unfounded. The dead man's look and smell could be from some nasty disease. Finding the horse with half its mass missing and still standing was totally different. The scary stories Nazir's mother told him as a child were only supposed to be stories.

Nazir switched to a hunting arrow and pulled back on his bow, pointing towards the not-so-dead horse. He waited to see what Uruk, up ahead, would do. He heard Kate's shout. The halfling padded up to Uruk so he could keep his voice low. "Kate says to burn the bodies. I don't know what that is. It's not doing anything, so maybe find the other 6 horses first and I'll keep an eye on this one? Hopefully the other horses aren't like this."
    Last edited by Cavir; 2017-10-11 at 10:46 AM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

"On it chief," Gerric shouted back. Grabbing the survivor by the back of his neck, Gerric shoved him away from the piles of armor and weapons.

"Looks nasty don't it? If that happens to yer body, I wonder what happens to yer spirit? Can't be good I reckon. Don't know what you folk believe. But Abdallos don't look kindly on this sort o' ****."

When the prisoner was a safe distance away from his tools. Gerric went about taking anything useful from the corpses, and putting them in a pile to make them easier to burn.

"Uh, anyone got some flint?"

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

It was just more of the same. Uruk had not only spent time as the Dark One's prisoner, but fought plenty of them before that, finding them here was not unexpected. A voice in the back of his mind expressed worry over the disenchantment, Uruk ignored it. He tried tugging at the horse's reigns to see if it would allow itself to be led before resorting to beheading it on the spot, but would do so if it didn't budge. The rider did elicit a reaction from Uruk, however, as the corruption had advanced beyond what he was used to seeing. He spat at the corpse in disgust, planning to behead it as well once he was done with it. The thought of touching it's bare flesh had his stomach churning. "Avhaav'uk preavavausan groukuk... Uhhh, maybe better now take heads and burn, while have chance. Don't know if will run when skinny ones notice. Probably noticed though. Maybe. Kate maybe should see this body." He came to the realization as he said it, the enemy probably already knew how their forced had fared, though he wasn't certain how their powers worked exactly, yet.

Show
    If the horse moves, use it to drag the rider to Gerric's new pile-o-bodies. Avoid touching the body as much as possible. If it doesn't move, 'kill' it [more], before burning it. Drag body so Kate can see the ooey-gooeyness.

Translation: That's pretty gross

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

Kate

After what seemed like a month, the man introduced himself as Dwaymir Brown and told her, that the men who chased them were his former comrades.

"I am pleased to meet you - and maybe I am mad. We all maybe are, for it seems like we just left a nightmare which followed us to the real world. The men who chased us... are my brothers in arms. We are... we were," the man corrected himself quickly. "lord Alaric's yeomen. But my life was forfeit when I refused to partake on the devilish deal my former companions took, and so I rounded up whoever wanted to leave - and ran."

His words flowed fast - as if his mind found refuge by exiling the sentences full of dark matters, leaving through his mouth. He described lord Alaric's return from the city few months before. Strange visitors, a new advisor, the strangeness of his actions, and his solitary confinement in the villa.

"Only his knights could enter the villa. The six of them - there lies one of them -" he pointed towards Urukubarr and Nazir, who dragged the last body towards their position, "- all took the sacrament. All participated on the deal lord Alaric made with the strangers."

He spoke about the abandoned village, burned settlements around the villa. It was obvious lord Alaric chased away or killed everybody who decided not to go with him down the dark path he selected. Kate noticed Gerric finished stripping down bodies and dragged them on one pile.

"I know no more. Can't say where the other knights are. I wish we could help you in whatever your task is - we owe you our lives - but these people are no fighters, and I don't want to leave them. I hope you understand."

Gerric

It took some effort to pile up the men - all the while he listened to what the hairy yeoman said. The bodies were already smelling - something that usually happened much later - and he noticed all of their former enemies had similar black veins on their bodies.

There was enough wood around for small campfire, but not enough to burn the bodies. He did not want to use his new axe on such trivial matter as trees, but something urged him to make the bonfire as soon as possible.

He glanced at the pile of weapons and other interesting items. He quickly found flint and tinderbox, setting aside the weapons and armour - which was of good worksmanship, but showed its age - and few flasks of oil.

The bound man did not respond to his mockery. Either he was too scared or he did not care about it.

And the sun was preparing to set down...

Nazir and Urukubarr

Nazir watched as Urukubarr pulled the reins on the partially-dead horse. He managed to make it move, but he had to use brute force for it. The horse was useless. He left the half-orc to deal with it, while he went on to get the other horses.

They were healthy, although a bit scared. It took Nazir few tries to persuade the heavyset chestnut colt to let him take his rein, but he succeeded and brought all six of them together. As he was returning, he noticed Urukubarr already finished the poor beast - and was cleaning his greatsword while watching the knight's body.

And then it happened. For a moment, it looked like Urukubarr lost his balance - as if he fell asleep, but he recovered immediately. The only sign of his temporary weakness was that he had to lean on one of the stones - he shook his head, and stood up.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Kate's expression darkened with each new revelation. She had already thought Alaric to be scum. But now he turned out to be so much worse. That detestable man had sunk to a whole new level. And he was trying to drag everyone else down with him. The sooner these innocents escaped from here, the better.

"Of course I understand. Please, escort them to safety. We will deal with Alaric."

Once the refugees had departed, Kate would return to her comrades.

"The mission has changed. Alaric is not just a misguided civil servant, trying to placate the Dark Ones with human sacrifice. He's their enthusiastic disciple. His whole estate has been subverted by their will. We need no longer worry about killing misguided soldiers, who are just defending their Lord. Such innocents are either dead or in retreat. Those who remain have bent their knee to the Dark Ones. They can be slain without remorse."

Kate coughed. She'd gotten a bit carried away there. Best to reign things in.

"...That said, caution is still the order of the day. We can't just charge in and dispense justice. Let's approach as stealthily as possible. Then we can set about dismantling Alaric's defences."

21. - Top - End - #891

Nazir gathered the horses and secured them to a clump of trees so they'd keep each other company for now. He gave them reassuring pats then headed over to Uruk. The half-orc's near stumble alarmed the halfling. He hurried to his side. "You ok? What was that?"

Show
    Chat with Uruk first then head back to hear Kate. Is Kate relating all that the villager said? Nazir will recommend we all camp together tonight since it is dusk. Maybe they can draw us some simple maps too.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmm," Gerric stretched as he finished piling up the bodies. Ahh, that was such a relief, don't know how I'd live with myself if they were all just normal guards.

"Might want to take some of these dead bastards clothes then. Depending on how open the terrain to get to the place is they'll see us comin', but if we all are dressed like these fools they might let us get close. Could wind up bein' useful." He'd need to actually see the place before he could come up with anything better. Damn devil worshiping bastards, they set his teeth on edge. They could be lookin' at him right now with one of their spells and there's no way to know it. How can you make a good plan, when you don't even know what rules the enemy is following?

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... I..." Urukubarr righted himself, struggling to find proper words. He placed a large hand on the halfling's shoulder and squeezed lightly, he smiled serenely, tears welled in his eyes. "My friend, I-". As if this wasn't confusing enough, Uruk's expression quickly changed to alarm as he suddenly ran towards Kate and Gerric, all the while yelling, "NOOO! DO NOT BURN! NOT BURN BODIES! DON'T! DON'T!"
    Last edited by XIII; 2017-11-16 at 05:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

With an effort, Kate calmed herself again. Dwelling on Alaric would only provoke useless rage. Gerric's idea about clothes was a welcome distraction. Kate refocused her attention on the here and now.

"Wear their clothes? I suppose that make tactical...sense..."

She trailed off as she looked down at the garments; The dirty, low quality, and possibly itchy garments.

"O-of course, they wouldn't do me much good. I'm covered in armour. And men's clothing probably wouldn't fit m-"

This string of obvious excuses was interrupted by a panicked cry. Uruk was running towards her in a state of distress.

"Uruk, what's wrong?! Why shouldn't the bodies be burnt?"

25. - Top - End - #895

Nazir is momentarily puzzled as Uruk runs off in a panic. His eyes dart in Kate's direction looking for some immediate danger there. Not seeing anything apparent, he chases after the half-orc while notching a hunting arrow.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Urukubarr stood before them, breathing heavily and agitated. He stared at them for a moment, as if Kate's question was complex arithmetic.

I've communed with my gods and I've been instructed, through revelation, the bodies should not be burned.

A spirit whispered unto me, do not burn them.

I have taken a blow to the head and am a possibly insane, very large orc, and I don't wanna burn the corrupted bodies for an arbitrary superstitious reason.

That wouldn't do... Urukubarr silently cursed his poor command of their language.

"I... Gah... Erm... Warning!! Yes, not far, smoke make enemy... Uhhh, warn enemy, we have surprise now, not waste! I have way, to make corrupt, clean. Yes, better, good. I do, no fire."

Nailed it.

"Take off heads, bring here and I will cleanse, easy. Just like with Mad Dog and inn."

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Gerric looked to Uruk then to Kate, his brow furrowed in confusion.

Then he shrugged, twirled his axe as he walked to the bodies. He removed their shirts in case they were needed then began hacking. He tried his best to ignore the smell and how the blood wasn’t coming out with the usual clean spray.

And when he was done he held the group of heads by the hair and handed them off to the orc. The Candle Knight had earned his trust this far. No reason to doubt him about all this magic horsepiss.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

"Erm, all right. If you think it best, we'll do that instead."

Kate sounded rather doubtful. That's because she was. Normally, she had no problem with Urukubarr's rituals and superstitions. If warding off evil magic put his mind at ease, then he was free to do so. But this time, the magic was definitely real. The Dark Ones genuinely had necromantic powers. Empty superstitions would be no help against them.

Honestly, Kate would have much preferred to burn the bodies. She had no idea whether Urukubarr's mysticism actually worked. Maybe he had a connection to the arcane; Or maybe he was just speaking empty gibberish. She trusted fire and steel more than his spells. But she'd already denied his heartfelt pleas once recently. Forcing him to come here instead of the islands had really hurt. She didn't have the heart to deny him again.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

With a sigh of relief and renewed vigor, Urukubarr set to his work. Gerric had done most of the chopping, so Urukubarr handled hauling all of the corrupted bodies in one place to begin his cleansing ritual. He set the symbolic fires, laid out the items he would need, and removed his breastplate to expose his upper torso. The doubt and neglect he felt in coming here had been washed away. He had wanted so badly to see and save the Ahvori and Savaxen remnants that it never occured to him that he would be needed elsewhere. Kate had led him to where he needed to be.

"Dame... My comrades... This is right way to go. I see this now. Thank you."

Soon enough, he began the chanting and wild convulsing. For this particular ritual, Urukubarr decided to use his own blood, instead of wine. He drew his jeweled dagger and began cutting into his flesh.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Troll in the Playground

The villagers left as soon as Kate finished speaking - and it was maybe better, as they watched Urukubarr and Nazir with looks of distrust and fear.

The ritual was more somber than the one in the inn - it was not wild, but more focused. Urukubarr's body swayed and his voice raised and fell, until finally, he slowed down and opened his eyes, still moving - there was no dramatic crescendo this time and only Urukubarr's sweaty face and focused gaze showed that something was happening.

The fires he started turned blue for a moment as the knight's body started to shrink and shrivel, as if consumed by the flames. The smell was gone, and somehow, without the trees moving, a fresh, spring smell was brought to them by breeze. It felt rejuvenating. The black blood turned red again, and the black veins slowly disappeared from the other bodies.

And then it was gone. Only a skeleton remained where the knight's body originally lay.

The sun slowly started to disappear behind the hills. They could reach the villa during night if they rode on - the sky was clear and it was close to full moon.

Spoiler: OOC Party
    Show

Your choice: will you continue or camp?

Spoiler: OOC XIII
    Show

You will have to spend 5 SA points for the gift you get. The gift is "Faith Magic".
    You may now have more than 5 SA points - but only for purposes of miracles. Unspent faith SA over 5 do not count towards insight!
    In return, you may spend Faith SA to produce miracles. This one (cleansing of bodies) is for free, but the others will usually require a roll - you will have to spend at least 1 point of faith, but the more you spend, the more dice you roll. TN is variable.
    Finding water in forest? TN 2.
    Finding water in desert? TN6.
    Healing deadly wound? TN 10.
    Smiting the enemy with pillars of fire? TN 20.
    Resurrecting fallen? TN 25.

We'll have to discuss tenets/rituals of your faith. For each deity in your list, you should post at least one tenet/rule and one ritual.
    Example tenet: "Never back down from a fight"/"Spread the faith"
    Example ritual: "Sharpen your blades every sunset"/"Pray loudly every morning"
    Tenets and rituals will provide you with a source of SAs.
    If there are any questions, ask