New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Played Lux in URF in bot lane alongside a Jihn ... that was crazy stupid ... the Caitlyn/Annie couldn't get anywhere near us ..

we were something like 5/0 in 5 min when their Ahri decided to t-port in to help ...

Bind as she came out of t-port ...
    6/0 .. thanks! O.o

lol
    Kept picking off Xerath with my ult everytime he ulted ... :)

but the traps ... traps everywhere!! O.o so funny .. (jihn on our side, Cait on theirs ... so many traps) O.o
    Laugh at life.
    Laugh until you cry.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

When is 6.9 coming out again? I know beta secrets were just mentioned, but I'm already excited.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    When is 6.9 coming out again? I know beta secrets were just mentioned, but I'm already excited.
    It just hit the PBE recently and with changes this extensive I would not expect to see it go live before probably the 3rd/4th week in May.

On another note, just yesterday there was official word about finally adding in a surrender/remake option without consequence for ranked games with a player that doesn't connect at the start of the game! (it will NOT be with 6.9)

https://twitter.com/RiotSocrates/sta...73720519102465

Somebody has mined out the announcement strings, and it look like basically, if a game starts with a player DCed, you can start a vote to remake the game as long as no kills have occurred and the player has not connected. If the vote is successful only the DC player gets a loss and the game ends (it is not explicit about the other team's outcome but I would assume that they get a win). If you were in a premade with the player you also get a loss.

The vote can only happen once, and if it fails, that's it, you're committed to the game.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-04-26 at 05:51 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    you can start a vote to remake the game as long as no kills have occurred and the player has not connected.
    I wonder what the timing on this is... if there's some "I'm sure they'll connect in a minute or two" lag, this actually may be meta-shifting in higher ELOs. This would make an emphasis on "get a kill really fast" (jungle ganks, between 2 turrets, et cetera) not just for snowballing purposes, but also to lock in a potential 4v5....

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    I wonder what the timing on this is... if there's some "I'm sure they'll connect in a minute or two" lag, this actually may be meta-shifting in higher ELOs. This would make an emphasis on "get a kill really fast" (jungle ganks, between 2 turrets, et cetera) not just for snowballing purposes, but also to lock in a potential 4v5....
    Hell it could even lead to the full team sacrificing themselves just to trick the enemy to get a kill.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Hell it could even lead to the full team sacrificing themselves just to trick the enemy to get a kill.
    Sure! If you could tell for sure that your opponent was disconnected, which you can't. And if they're NOT disconnected, you just possibly threw the game away.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

Can someone explain Jhin to me? Just got back into the game after a 6-month break and when I looked him up on the wiki all I saw was a apparently random clusterfluffle of actives, passives, status effects and self-buffs. Particularly, I'm looking for tips on playing support alongside a Jhin.
    Truth resists simplicity.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Sure! If you could tell for sure that your opponent was disconnected, which you can't. And if they're NOT disconnected, you just possibly threw the game away.
    Or if they reconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #429

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    New meta is E-start Ashe? If you see someone stuck at fountain, suicide into their mid-laner?

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

10. - Top - End - #430

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    Can someone explain Jhin to me? Just got back into the game after a 6-month break and when I looked him up on the wiki all I saw was a apparently random clusterfluffle of actives, passives, status effects and self-buffs. Particularly, I'm looking for tips on playing support alongside a Jhin.
    His thing is that he shoots very slowly, but very hard. Every fourth attack deals bonus damage. He has a Jinx-style poke skillshot, a snare trap, and a bouncing grenade.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

He sort of lanes a little bit like a cross between Varus and Jinx, in terms of his poke, utility and trading patterns.

He trades pretty hard with his fourth shot, which is a guaranteed crit with some execute damage tacked on, and he has a skillshot ability that snares people that he's auto-attacked, have stepped on one of his traps, or has been hit by any ally damage. This means he has a limited ability to catch people out on his own by shooting them and then snaring them, (similar to Jinx running up and throwing chompers behind people - it's not great but it's more CC than most marksmen get) but amazing follow-up on any CC his support lands first (again, just like Jinx throwing traps under someone who's already been stunned).

He has very good kill pressure due to his high damage and CC if you can get it all onto a single target cleanly but you should avoid extended brawls, especially if junglers (or worse, teleporting solo-laners) get involved, since his ammo mechanic and fixed attack speed punishes him in longer fights early, especially if he has to switch targets frequently. He has no mobility except for a movement speed boost that triggers on crits/his snare, so peel is welcome. It also means he can have trouble following up on support engages if he has, say, an Alistar standing in his way, since he can't walk or dive past, and he has very limited ability to do damage outside of his auto attack range before level 6.

After level 6 he basically becomes similar to Lux/Xerath/Ziggs in that he can contribute to fights with his snare and ult (4 skillshots which slow and execute targets - 4th shot crits) even if he's a screen away. This gives you opportunities to pick fights even if he's a little bit late - obviously it's not as good as if he's there critting things in the face, but he still has the ability to donate CC and damage to fights he's not otherwise present in, meaning you can be a little more free with engages without worrying if he's quite there yet.

His poke in lane can be quite strong because of his Q's ability to amplify damage from bouncing off of minions. His poke from mid-game onwards is relatively mediocre unless he decides to commit to using his ult fore poke. W can be used to poke, but has a moderate cooldown and low damage until the lategame, when his high AD and scaling of Deathfire Touch (mandatory keystone mastery on Jhin) kicks in. In teamfights he plays a little bit of a hybrid utility-carry/clean-up role. He's worse than other marksmen at killing tanks unless he has a lot of items, but he can snare and slow people from long range, trap chokepoints, run around the edges of fights with his crit speed boost, and execute low-health enemies. He's very much an opportunist - good at making catches and closing out kills, but pretty bad at hard-committing to things compared to your average Vayne.

His waveclear is subpar. His neutral objective control is quite good because of his traps. They are similar to Teemo traps, and slow instantly when being triggered, but only explode and do damage after a short delay. Most of the time people can just walk out of them and not take damage, but the damage scaling on them is pretty nuts, so it's worth trying to CC people standing on them to make them take damage if you can. His objective taking speed is actually atrocious, however. A second damage source is highly recommended if you're planning on rushing towers/dragon/baron.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-04-28 at 11:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    New meta is E-start Ashe? If you see someone stuck at fountain, suicide into their mid-laner?
    Re-Introducing: Clairvoyance!

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

New champ lore
    (probably).

Looks like we got ourselves an earthbender here. If her inevitable wall skill combines Anivia's and Yasuo's I predict much rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Excellent Jhin write-up
    Thanks muchly! Next time I support for a Jhin I may actually know what to do.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

New champ lore
    (probably).

Looks like we got ourselves an earthbender here. If her inevitable wall skill combines Anivia's and Yasuo's I predict much rage.
    Any words on the lores quality? After the Targon rewrite I'm thinking of just ignoring the lore. They've only done one thing I thought was good and I don't want to bother reading more mediocre quality short stories.

15. - Top - End - #435

Any words on the lores quality? After the Targon rewrite I'm thinking of just ignoring the lore. They've only done one thing I thought was good and I don't want to bother reading more mediocre quality short stories.
    This one was particularly painful with its attempted surprises.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Ah par for the course then. I shall skip it.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw it coming but I still enjoyed it. Mainly because I don't see much interaction otherwise.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    There were attempted surprises? I quite honestly didn't notice any.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Troll in the Playground

There were attempted surprises? I quite honestly didn't notice any.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the reveal as Yasuo was supposed to be a surprise. I did initially think he was Yi because he was constantly spouting "wisdom", but it was obvious as soon as he did the wind thing so the reveal fell flat.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

20. - Top - End - #440
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the reveal as Yasuo was supposed to be a surprise. I did initially think he was Yi because he was constantly spouting "wisdom", but it was obvious as soon as he did the wind thing so the reveal fell flat.
    What. That was CLEARLY... The guy who it was. I think it wasn't even slightly trying to hide it. >.>

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There was like, ten or more, references to the wind before the 'reveal'. The only doubt in my mind was
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it was Yasuo or the person who actually killed the Elder
    so it wasn't really a surprise at all. And I don't think it was meant to be.

Anyways, I quite like the idea behind tribes that consist of descendants of freed slaves when Shurmia fell. It make Azir look more like a jerk which I approve of. Also vague info on Noxian having a much larger reach then previously hinted at.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just another Chapter 1. I've personally checked out after reading the Targon stories as well. I read Taric's short lore but not anything else attached to him, and I don't feel like the Taliyah story was worth reading.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    There was like, ten or more, references to the wind before the 'reveal'. The only doubt in my mind was
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it was Yasuo or the person who actually killed the Elder
    so it wasn't really a surprise at all. And I don't think it was meant to be.

Anyways, I quite like the idea behind tribes that consist of descendants of freed slaves when Shurmia fell. It make Azir look more like a jerk which I approve of. Also vague info on Noxian having a much larger reach then previously hinted at.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't we have very heavy-handed hints that Riven, who participated in the Noxian invasion of Ionia and uses a Wind Slash, killed the elder? Yasuo literally has in-game lines where he recognizes Riven's moves as similar to his own.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't we have very heavy-handed hints that Riven, who participated in the Noxian invasion of Ionia and uses a Wind Slash, killed the elder? Yasuo literally has in-game lines where he recognizes Riven's moves as similar to his own.
    I have no idea. I've never bothered to look up Yasuo's unique taunts, or read anything about him beyond his intro story. I was never all that interested in him.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I have no idea. I've never bothered to look up Yasuo's unique taunts, or read anything about him beyond his intro story. I was never all that interested in him.
    Just a quick check for those interested:

If he taunts her:
    Which weighs more, Riven? Your blade, or your past?
    Everyone faces a reckoning, Riven.

If he sees her do certain moves:
    Wait, that technique... huh.
    Huh, three swift strikes...
    Another wind blade?
    Who taught you that?

So yeah, that's some heavy handed hinting there.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

That is not lore.

This is lore.

Sure, while the graphics are pretty, they do not tell a story. Not as they're presented. The surroundings are generic. The lack of connection between the girl and her surroundings tells us nothing. And the phrases are s painfully generic and cliche, I'm thinking Riot doesn't have a lore team so much as a cliche phrase generator. If they'd spent a tenth of the animation time and money budget on just mapping out a compelling character and a proper way to present her, you could've delivered ten times as much lore with just a simple audio-log. No fancy rendering required.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    That is not lore.

This is lore.

Sure, while the graphics are pretty, they do not tell a story. Not as they're presented. The surroundings are generic. The lack of connection between the girl and her surroundings tells us nothing. And the phrases are s painfully generic and cliche, I'm thinking Riot doesn't have a lore team so much as a cliche phrase generator. If they'd spent a tenth of the animation time and money budget on just mapping out a compelling character and a proper way to present her, you could've delivered ten times as much lore with just a simple audio-log. No fancy rendering required.
    But you know 10 times more people will watch this version. #lowestcommondenominator

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

This is lore.
    Cant argue with you there, the conversation and personalities of those two people realed me in at the first exhange of words. While riots fancy video made me go meh and fast forward to see if anything actually happend.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

30. - Top - End - #450

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    That is not lore.

This is lore.

I recently learned that Graham Mcneil is a bigshot in League's writer stables now. He's best known for his work with Warhammer 40k. So... I guess we can expect that level of quality.