New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Speaking of ARAM...
    Yesterday I played a pretty long game of ARAM that was fairly even. I was Renekton and built a bunch of magic resist (they had four mages) and health (cleaver, mallet, steraks). After the game ended, the enemy Ezreal got extremely mad at me (bringing in some vulgar language) because I "didn't fall off ever" as though that were my fault. He did, however, bring up a good point that Kindred should have shredded me. Anyone know why I may have survived that?
    Generally Renekton is a champ that tends to fall off in later portions of the game. But from my experience I think this does not hold true in ARAM, I have had several Renekton ARAM games in which I was tearing their team apart, directly by killing or making their squishies useless, or indirectly by scaring one or two off and letting my team deal with the others first. Divide and conquer .

Did the Kindred have a decent amount of stacks on her passive? If she only had a few, then I can understand she was not dealing too much damage. If she had a couple, then she probably wasn't even attacking you all that much.
    Homebrew:
    The inFAMOUS Conduit base class. Wow I actually finished it...
    The Darksiders base class, based on the videogame with the same name.

I also draw some stuff here, Gamespectre on Deviantart

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LXVI: Hosted by Jhin_In_Tonic and Starring Aurelion LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    In general, shooting the pure tank is a mistake anyway.
    Nope.10chars

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

I mean, it doesn't matter how hard she can hit if she gets Blitzcrank'd. In general, shooting the pure tank is a mistake anyway.
    I'm not sure what game you're playing, but in League of Legends, ignoring a tank gets you killed.

Shooting something that isn't a threat when a bigger threat is in range is usually a mistake. But any tank worth their salt is a threat, either through CC letting the real threats do their work or just by being Darius-shaped.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I'm not sure what game you're playing, but in League of Legends, ignoring a tank gets you killed.

Shooting something that isn't a threat when a bigger threat is in range is usually a mistake. But any tank worth their salt is a threat, either through CC letting the real threats do their work or just by being Darius-shaped.
    I tend to play either tanks (in which case if the entire team is shooting me, I congratulate myself on a job well done as my squishies melt them) or assassins (in which case the tank is just something to be avoided on my way to Caitlin and Veigar.) I guess on some level I know SOMEONE shoots tanks, but it's never been me.
    Last edited by shadow_archmagi; 2016-03-18 at 01:13 PM.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that it's Kindred's job to shoot tanks. She's only got a %health passive, %health E, and likes to build a %health BoRK, after all.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2016-03-18 at 01:26 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RoyVG View Post
    Generally Renekton is a champ that tends to fall off in later portions of the game. But from my experience I think this does not hold true in ARAM, I have had several Renekton ARAM games in which I was tearing their team apart, directly by killing or making their squishies useless, or indirectly by scaring one or two off and letting my team deal with the others first. Divide and conquer .

Did the Kindred have a decent amount of stacks on her passive? If she only had a few, then I can understand she was not dealing too much damage. If she had a couple, then she probably wasn't even attacking you all that much.
    I didn't check the stacks towards the end, but according to Ezreal she had about 10% health damage, though that is hard to believe. Also, Kindred built no tank busting, so...

Also, I agree that Renekton doesn't fall off as much in ARAM, though clearly this Ezreal does not.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

In general, shooting the pure tank is a mistake anyway.
    Sometimes you HAVE to shoot the tank. Maybe the tank is the only one you can get to, or maybe the tank is just the last one still standing, or maybe the tank is the biggest threat on the team (I'd rather try to burn down a super-fed tank than a 0/11/0 ADC, for example).

On top of that, Firedaemon said that he was stacking MR because the enemy had four mages. If I was an ADC with %health damage in my kit, I would figure that I was probably the only one who could even put a dent in that, and as such build a BoRK and LW-based item, and then proceed pray that four mages could tear up FD's squishies before too many of us died to stop the super-fed deathodile.

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's Kindred's job to shoot tanks. She's only got a %health passive and likes to build a %health BoRK, after all.
    This was the first thing that came to mind as well. If I really want to make sure a tank falls over dead, %health damage is one of the first things I look at. If I want to kill a super-fed, MR-stacking tank who's tearing us apart, %health damage on an ADC is the first thing I build, full stop. If Kindred couldn't get any stacks, well...four mages and a Kindred are in a lot of trouble.

Edit: Addendum

I didn't check the stacks towards the end, but according to Ezreal she had about 10% health damage, though that is hard to believe. Also, Kindred built no tank busting, so...
    That's...*checks wiki*...eight stacks. Eight stacks on a Kindred in ARAM isn't that hard to believe.

"No tank busting" though will certainly do it. A tank you can't kill + no tank of your own = gg no re kthxbai.
    Last edited by Artanis; 2016-03-18 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose by the end Kindred did get much more kill participation, but early on Kindred was doing fairly poorly.

Edit: With the whole ranking system being broken, are chests sometimes not gotten because the game doesn't process the letter rank?
    Last edited by Duck999; 2016-03-18 at 02:43 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, I agree that Renekton doesn't fall off as much in ARAM, though clearly this Ezreal does not.
    My record on Kindred in ARAM is 19 stacks. That's 23.75% health.

And yes, Kindred should have albsolutely shredded a Renekton with no armor. Even a mediocre Kindred should be able to get 6+ stacks, 6 stacks is 7.5% health, +BoTRK should absolutely annihilate a no armor health stacker.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-03-18 at 03:09 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #70

BlueKnightGuy

I suppose by the end Kindred did get much more kill participation, but early on Kindred was doing fairly poorly.

Edit: With the whole ranking system being broken, are chests sometimes not gotten because the game doesn't process the letter rank?
    So I had a game yesterday in which one of my premade companions had an S game. Got the chest but no notification until I got out a game I was spectating a while later. I suppose it's possible it bugged out, but at least in my experience they've been consistently awarded. Actually, I earned an earlier one myself with a delayed notification.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Scores do seem to have been a bit laggy ever since crafting went live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

12. - Top - End - #72

I've always received my chest, although sometimes it was significantly after the game. One time it popped up as the queue notification popped and then wouldn't let me close it, which was a little annoying.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    So I had a game yesterday in which one of my premade companions had an S game. Got the chest but no notification until I got out a game I was spectating a while later. I suppose it's possible it bugged out, but at least in my experience they've been consistently awarded. Actually, I earned an earlier one myself with a delayed notification.
    Almost ditto. Mine opened up when I was browsing the shop (after I had already opened the chest)
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: NA LCS Week 9 Predictions
    Show
    Time for me to spout opinions that make it appear like I know what I'm talking about, and briefly touch base on how teams are now.

Spoiler: Day 1
    Show
    Spoiler: Team Impulse (TIP) vs. Renegades (REN)
    Show
    Well now, when it comes to the undercard/Lower card matches, this one I think is the most interesting one, with TIP trying to avoid or at least maintain high position for Relegations, and Renegades trying to at least make it easier to stay in the LCS.

TIP was the team expected to go 0-18 this split according to detractors. Seemingly thrown together at the last minute when no one was interested in buying them out like Teams Coast and Team 8. The first weekend for them was rough. Team Echo Fox and Immortals came in and introduced themselves to the NA LCS, and decided to do so by stomping all over TIP. (Well ok, Echo Fox stomped over them. Immortals didn't so much stomp over them, or run'em over with the steamroller a couple of times, as so much as make TIP look like Intermediate Bots.) They had 3 straight wins after, including against (an admittedly, Hai-Less) C9 and Renegades, but after that, it's been downhill from there, with their other two wins against an inconsistent NRG, and Dignatas who are... well... Dignatas (Insert obligatory image of Baron/Jokes involving plays on the team's name here).

Renegades on the other hand is the reverse. Consistently poor performances for most of the season leading up to recent weeks but Seraph and Ninja are now making this team look at least like they belong in LCS, and well, not "Relegades", especially with last week's win over a tilting TSM.

Prediction: REN Win. One team is showing they really care about not wanting to be sent back down to Challenger, and the other is... well they're just sitting in the same spot they started at, spinning their wheels still.

Spoiler: Counter Logic Gaming (CLG) vs. NRG Esports (NRG)
    Show
    Another competitive match up, with two teams that have occasionally struggled. CLG had some issues at IEM (I get it that Fnatic made it to Semi Finals of Worlds, and SKT are two time World Champions, but this hasn't exactly been a stellar Spring Season for either), but has recovered from most issues quickly, and let's be honest, they have got to be happy that after IEM, they had the schedule they have. And well, Immortal fan or not, these are the guys who played a split push grind strategy that caused the Immortals to bleed and be shown to be mortal. These guys can secure the win, so long as they stick to their macro play and get their Win Condition going.

NRG. I think NRG's a pretty good team. But their a Mid-standing team. Teams below them, they've won most of the time. But teams above them, they struggle, and can't quite punch through that wall. But, with Dynamic Standing positioning at play here, especially with them rubbing shoulders with Liquid, and a flailing TSM above them, this might be the week they start showing they can go further beyond just right smack dab in the middle. But, I'm not sure if it's going to be on Day 1.

Prediction: CLG. CLG is still a step above NRG in my view. If CLG loses, it's going to be on a close team fight I think.

Spoiler: Immortals (IMT) vs. Team Solo Mid (TSM)
    Show
    *Disclosure, I'm an IMT Fan, so some bias will be involved here

Well, this is supposed to be the match of the week. But I feel this is less of a match, and more of a "And let's see how TSM will tilt this week".

Immortals might be struggling a bit now via repetitive champion picks and strategies, they might not be pulling as many flashy quick wins, but at the end of the day, their ultra aggressive strategy has scored them 15 wins and a 1st seed spot to the Playoffs. And they aren't tilting.

TSM, it's just excuse after excuse, but never an answer or solution. Resurgent team REN or not, as the casters said last week: TSM is a play off/Worlds Team in the past, REN is fighting to remain in LCS. And that much of a blow out loss shouldn't have happened. No one on the team cares about what their doing it seems, Yellowstar often seems to be dying because the others are overextending or rushing in to save, when they're backing off already. And not shotcalling for whatever reason (which is why he was partly brought on in the first place, how much is that from discouragement and the others constantly talking over him in the earlier weeks, don't know), Svenskaren has appeared to be more of a liability at worst, and mediocre at best. Doublelift just refuses to be respectful of his opponents and his own team comp (Jhin+Lulu with no other Auto Attacker on the team?) and Bjerg isn't playing his carry type champions and doesn't seem to have that spark as a team leader, nor playing at the same level as he used to. And Hauntzer is ok, but not always consistent.

Prediction:IMT Wins. IMT has the consistent wins, strategy, synergy and attitude and are playing for the intimidation factor at this point. TSM... I'm not even sure if they know what their doing at this point.

Spoiler: Dignatas (DIG) vs. Team Liquid (TL)
    Show

Two teams, finally with some significantly different stories in terms of standings yet similar. DIG is fighting to take Echo Fox's spot in 7th/Better Relegation standings. Liquid is fighting for better playoff position/not losing their spot to Echo Fox (I'll talk about that when I get to their match predictions).

2 of DIG's wins, have been against CLG, and TSM. So, they can beat teams better than them. Team Liquid however has beaten every team minus C9 and IMT (and they get another shot at C9 tomorrow) at least once. Both teams have had consistency issues to keep in mind

However, what we really have here is Team DIG vs Team Liquid, Team Tower Turrets, Team Baron, and Team DIG. Because at the end of the day, DIG is it's own worst enemy and capable of saving the defeat from the jaws of victory.

Prediction: TL (with some assistance from Towers, Baron andDIG)

Spoiler: Cloud 9 (C9) vs. Echo Fox (FOX)
    Show
    In some ways, this is a similar story to CLG vs NRG. One team is a Playoffs/Worlds team, the other, is a semi-middle of the pack team who can beat teams below them decently, but struggle versus those above or equal with them. The difference here, as I hinted above, is that FOX are in hot seat, and will be playing to determine what happens to them this season. Their performance this weekend, decides whether they get a shot at the playoffs, spending the off time drilling essentials during the break between Spring and Summer, or fighting for their lives in Relegation. Other than that, no pressure!

Unfortunately for Echo Fox, they don't get the tight match up here others are getting today. This is C9, the number 2/3 team, versus the number 7 team. (ok, so there was more than the above). The last time these two met, things definitely did not go well for FOX. I suspect this will be the same.

Prediction: C9 Two teams with fairly consistent performances. But one's translated that into a 5 rank advantage.

Spoiler: End of Day 1 Result (Contains Day 1's result Spoilers)
    Show
    5 for 5 Predicted wins. None of these predictions, were made after their games. Now I just need to go 10/10.

To be honest, I'm slightly surprise that I did go 5/5 and not 4/5. If there was any one game I was expecting to possibly be wrong, it was DIG vs TL. (Listening to the Mic Check com chatter from their Week 8 game against NRG where I think it was Matt was (can't exactly fault him) upset over letting NRG's Moon almost freely walk in on TL's Baron attempt and get an easy steal off. Wasn't quite sure how much their Week 8 was going to effect them for Week 9). And well, it almost went wrong (Looking at Piglet on that one). But hey! 5 for 5! Now time to write up Day 2 Opinions)

Spoiler: Day 2 (Predictions may contain some Day 1 spoilers)
    Show
    Right, so Day 2, same drill, no win predictions will be changed once the teams are on stage and making Pick/Bans (only edits to my opinions as to the teams performances this split or cleaning it up a bit). There will likely be some spoilerish talk of their Day 1 performances, but I'll try to avoid as much as possible. Here we go!

Spoiler: Renegades (REN) Vs. Echo Fox (FOX)
    Show
    No rest for the weary. Renegades is here fighting still for one of three starting positions in the NA CS/LCS Promotions/Relegation. That is still up for grabs. If they can at least score 9th, they get 2 chances to survive and stay in the LCS, but 8th isn't out of the question yet either. And I think the less they have to risk facing former team mates on Team Dragon Knights in the Promotions, the better for both teams. Otherwise, Renegades is playing more aggressive, and appears less timid or uncertain about taking the initiative. It's still biting them a bit from time to time when they aren't all in position for a play but at least it's looking better.

FOX on the other hand, well, they got nothing standing wise to gain or lose here, I believe they're locked in now for 7th. So on one hand, no pressure now (non-sarcastic this time) until Summer Splits. They're just now here to chill out, and act as a spoiler to the Relegation match ups. acting as that gate keeper to Renegades. But watching Worlds 2015 Group stage has taught me one thing: It's when teams have nothing to lose standing wise, and are willing to go out having fun in their final games that they can be strongest, thanks to being relaxed rather than nervous. Could it mean they become complacent? Maybe. It is Echo Fox so it could be either

That said, I'm staying on board the Renegades Train.

Prediction: REN, winning in a 35-40+ minute match.

Spoiler: Team Liquid (TL) vs Cloud 9 (C9)
    Show
    This one should be interesting. Both teams can't go any higher in the standings. However, both teams stand to possibly drop down a rank or two in the standings, and there are playoff positions to consider. There's a first round bye up for grabs for C9. However, plot twist! They split a game with CLG, so if they both win today (Or both lose), then they have a tie-breaker for 2nd.

However, another plot twist! TL has split a match each with NRG and TSM. If NRG wins their match against TSM and Team Liquid loses theirs, we have a three way tie between them (with only NRG holding any sort of advantage over the others, as they'll have gone 2-0 against TSM). At which point, I'm not entirely sure who will face who in a tie breaker. I've been trying to figure that out for the past 10 minutes of typing this match up. So there may possibly be, a chance that Liquid end up in 6th place by the time this is all said and done, maybe. (Like I said, it's a bit confusing) Either way, the chance of having to deal with any tie-breaker, regardless of position is probably not something NRG wants to face.

Talk about unwanted pressure on either team going into playoffs: "Oh hey now we got sort out what bracket you all start in, and how many extra games you need to play."

So once again, I turn to my trusty strategy of "Who's been the most consistent lately?" (Hey, its worked pretty darn well so far!). C9's on a hot streak right now, and just had a no deaths/dragon/baron win, while TL made a facepalm worthy mistake yesterday that nearly blew up in their faces.

Prediction: C9 wins

Spoiler: Team Impulse (TIP) vs. Immortals (IMT)
    Show
    As usually, required disclosure of unpaid bias that I am an Immortals fan, and got my 2016 Pass for the IMT Hypetrain tour

Here we are again, another match where IMT has nothing to gain or lose other than a bit of pride and intimidation factor, and some stats while they wait in the Semi finals for their first opponent. TIP on the other hand, had the door slammed shut on them for escaping Relegations, and is now fighting to maintain 8th place. While IMT had some sloppy mistakes versus teams near the bottom, the last time they and TIP met all the way back in Week 1 Day 2, IMTs went into record books with fastest perfect NA LCS win in history and TIP is known as "That team that lost before 20 minutes and unable to even score anything against IMT".

IMT almost absolutely won't be showing anything new aside from trying to throw people off of their Playoff strategies. And I doubt they will feel the need to against TIP.

Prediction: IMT Wins.

*NOTE, All match predictions for Day 2 before this point, made by 3:09 PM EDT, before REN vs FOX match start.*

Spoiler: Counter Logic Gaming (CLG), vs. Dignatas (DIG)
    Show
    CLG is in the same boat as C9, trying to secure that second place bye. DIG is in the three way positional fight for where they'll start in the Promotions bracket. DIG may have beaten CLG, but that was when CLG stumbled a bit off the starting blocks before putting an overall strong season. And DIG is still DIG at the end of the day, losing with Baron. I see CLG staying in their 2nd place fight, and DIG saying "Hello Team Dragon Knights, how are you... wait, why does your team look so familiar? Like we met in the earlier part of this split?"

Prediction: CLG Win

Spoiler: Team Solo Mid (TSM) vs NRG Esports (NRG)
    Show
    And here we are, the last of the scheduled matchs, baring tie breakers, of the Spring Splits for NA.

For today's match, neither team has to be feeling particular good after their performances yesterday. While Hauntzer and Yellowstar I feel did pretty well yesterday, but there's still way too many mistakes going on TSM. The excuses continue to roll from them and others (For those trying to keep track, we've had "We're a New Team" "New Meta" "It's Immortals" "Communications/Synergy Problems" "It's the Coach's fault" "It's "X Players Fault, get rid of them" "It's SKT, did you really expect us to beat them at IEM?" and now we're finishing with "It's no one's fault, TSM just needs more management staff!" for a team that started the season as "Super Team that should dominate the NA LCS and stroll right into Worlds") It's extremely shocking to see so much individual talent on the team, and yet so poor team play. It really does look like "5 Solo Que players all doing their own things"

NRG can't be feeling much better either, but like TSM, neither have the time to continue dwelling on it aside from saying "Ok, we can't do that mistake again". However, comparing the two teams, NRG hasn't had as many blow out losses or extremely shocking losses as far as I recall. And the last time these two teams met, NRG went 19 and 0 on Champion kills, and 11 to 5 on objectives. NRG has shown team play, and one thing they've shown that they're good at, are Baron steals.

Prediction: NRG Wins

Last edited by Razgriez; 2016-03-21 at 12:13 AM.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, it's been a while since I've been in this thread. My IGN is now Mashed Taters.

Do we happen to have a club for playgrounders?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NoobForHire View Post
    So, it's been a while since I've been in this thread. My IGN is now Mashed Taters.

Do we happen to have a club for playgrounders?
    Yes, about 40 people are in it, everybody can invite so message me or a whole bunch of others in game for an invite.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone have any tips on dealing with Evelynn?

I've seen her around a lot recently and I've lost every game against her. She is really tanky for an assassin/mage, has high damage, amazing ganks, and is impossible to escape because of the endless slows.

I don't want to scream "OP!" but she's definitely powerful right now, at least against people in my ELO (bronze) so any tips for countering her would be nice.

18. - Top - End - #78

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Masterkerfuffle View Post

I've seen her around a lot recently and I've lost every game against her. She is really tanky for an assassin/mage, has high damage, amazing ganks, and is impossible to escape because of the endless slows.

I don't want to scream "OP!" but she's definitely powerful right now, at least against people in my ELO (bronze) so any tips for countering her would be nice.
    Not fun, but pink wards all around, and you have to ward her jungle to track her.

She's not really at the top of any of the charts (damage, survivability, CC), but the whole invisibility thing makes up for her deficiencies.

At Bronze, she's very very good if you can't get your team to counter her by buying pinks. (This is almost always.) My best advice would probably be to start playing her yourself.

19. - Top - End - #79

Ward her camps, not the approaches to your lanes. Pink wards, early and often, and guard them. Your jungler is likely stronger than her in 1v1, so find her and kill her in her jungle and there's not much she can do, especially early. She's either taking ignite, at which point she can't flash away from you when you find her, or she isn't, and so has a much weaker 1v1 and 2v2 than most junglers.

Unfortunately, basically all the ways to counter Eve involve team coordination and vision control, something Bronze teams are notoriously bad at.

There's the other counter to Eve of course, which is to ban her.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Buy pink wards for your lane to spot her and put them a little distance out (end of bushes or further in river) so you'll see her coming. If your opposing laner(s) suddenly aggress at you and you don't know here Eve is, run rather than fighting back as it's likely a lane gank.

If you're the jungler or you do well in lane and have a chance to roam, put wards in Eve's jungle near her camps (raptors are the easiest, but near blue and gromp is good too). This will give you info about where she is when she unstealths to clear her own jungle, which lets you make plays elsewhere or play defensively as needed.

In fights, don't clump too much, and put pink wards on your flanks if you can't see her. Don't commit to a teamfight unless its really advantageous to you if you don't know where she is either. It's particularly good to force her to fight at dragon or baron, since she pretty much has to reveal herself to fight you there.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Buy pink wards for your lane to spot her and put them a little distance out (end of bushes or further in river) so you'll see her coming. If your opposing laner(s) suddenly aggress at you and you don't know here Eve is, run rather than fighting back as it's likely a lane gank.

If you're the jungler or you do well in lane and have a chance to roam, put wards in Eve's jungle near her camps (raptors are the easiest, but near blue and gromp is good too). This will give you info about where she is when she unstealths to clear her own jungle, which lets you make plays elsewhere or play defensively as needed.

In fights, don't clump too much, and put pink wards on your flanks if you can't see her. Don't commit to a teamfight unless its really advantageous to you if you don't know where she is either. It's particularly good to force her to fight at dragon or baron, since she pretty much has to reveal herself to fight you there.
    Also, Sweeper Trinkets help as well. as they'll at least highlight that Eve is in an area.. So if she starts becoming a problem, it might be worth to have two people on your team run Sweeper/Oracle Alteration (Typically Support as is often common, and either Mid, JG, or Top, depending on comp)

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    Also, Sweeper Trinkets help as well. as they'll at least highlight that Eve is in an area.. So if she starts becoming a problem, it might be worth to have two people on your team run Sweeper/Oracle Alteration (Typically Support as is often common, and either Mid, JG, or Top, depending on comp)
    What? If Eve is in range to be caught by the Oracles, she's in range to be seen normally.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    What? If Eve is in range to be caught by the Oracles, she's in range to be seen normally.
    Right apologies, forgot that part (had to recheck Evelynn's champ info again to double check on that). However, that said, I stand by my opinion, for the following reason. By the time you reach Level 9, I think the general utility of having Oracle over Sweeper wins out, and I think by the Mid-Game point, you should easily have 75-150 Gold to spare on some Pink wards. And I see Evelyn using the stealth less to run in and gank someone, and more "run to the brush to set up the ambush/escape a team". You also get True Sight from Oracles for 10 seconds.

Sweeper is great early on for what it does, it might delay those early ganks from her as a way zoning via mentality ("is it worth blowing stealth early and have the gank not do much?") but level 9 and beyond, I'd rather have Oracle.

Spoiler: Also, follow up to my Week 9 NA LCS Predictions (match/Final ranking spoilers)
    Show
    9/10. I suspected Liquid was going to be the wild card that could lower my correct predictions. I just didn't expect it to be the one I thought it was going to be.
    Last edited by Razgriez; 2016-03-21 at 06:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    Right apologies, forgot that part (had to recheck Evelynn's champ info again to double check on that). However, that said, I stand by my opinion, for the following reason. By the time you reach Level 9, I think the general utility of having Oracle over Sweeper wins out, and I think by the Mid-Game point, you should easily have 75-150 Gold to spare on some Pink wards. And I see Evelyn using the stealth less to run in and gank someone, and more "run to the brush to set up the ambush/escape a team". You also get True Sight from Oracles for 10 seconds.

Sweeper is great early on for what it does, it might delay those early ganks from her as a way zoning via mentality ("is it worth blowing stealth early and have the gank not do much?") but level 9 and beyond, I'd rather have Oracle.
    A big part of playing against Eve is watching your lane opponent and being sensitive to sudden changes in their actions.

i.e. If you've been shoving your opponent to their turret all game and they've just been farming under the turret for the last 5 minutes, but suddenly start aggressively pushing the lane or running at you, it's a good bet Eve is lurking.

If your opponent has been hard farming and completely avoiding all fights suddenly tries to engage on you, it's a good bet Eve is lurking.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-03-20 at 08:15 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Just realized that my summoner name is wrong in the list on the 1st post. I haven't used that account since I graduated high school- I'm on a new one now.

NA server- 9voltrailgun

I'm down for joining the GitP club if there's room!
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    A big part of playing against Eve is watching your lane opponent and being sensitive to sudden changes in their actions.

i.e. If you've been shoving your opponent to their turret all game and they've just been farming under the turret for the last 5 minutes, but suddenly start aggressively pushing the lane or running at you, it's a good bet Eve is lurking.

If your opponent has been hard farming and completely avoiding all fights suddenly tries to engage on you, it's a good bet Eve is lurking.
    This, and deep wards. Basically, it's the same as trying to play around a Zac or Nocturne.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the advice, everyone. It looks like the best way to counter Eve is mostly good vision and map awareness.

28. - Top - End - #88

Patch notes for 6.6 are out.

Spoiler: Patch 6.6 summary
    Show
    Spoiler: Champion changes
    Show
    Alistar received a nerf to his healing on allies. Still heals himself for the full amount.

Azir bugfixes

Cho'Gath R health per stack buffed

Ekko passive has a better slow early, E has a lower cooldown at earlier ranks.

Fiora passive base damage down, ratio now a flat 4.5%/100AD instead of scaling from 2.8% to 4.5%. The slow on her E is also significantly lowered.

Janna shield has bonus AD lowered at all levels, her ult now disables for less time.

Jayce Hammer form Q is now 40 mana at all levels, base damage increased my 10 at all levels, and AD ratio increased to 1.2.

Kalista loses base AS and AS per level. Her sentinel only does 3 laps instead of 7 (significantly less vision). Passive damage from sentinel (only applies when her bond also attacks a target she attacks) is down at all levels. Sentinel grants AS scaling with Kalista's level when she is near her bonded ally. Ultimate pull in range lowered by 3 Teemos.

Karma has her mantra'd shield base and ratio increased.

Kha'Zix has his Q and W cooldowns lowered.

Lulu speedup ally AP ratio down and movespeed duration down.

Lux shield now is slower on the way out, faster on the way back in. Shield now stacks with itself and refreshes its cooldown before it disappears, so it feels better to get hit by the tip. Base shield amount and ratio down to compensate.

Maokai gains aditional MR at level 1 and scaling MR. Sapling duration now scales with level, although you can no longer stack them all in the same spot.

Master Yi E base damage up, but now scales with .25 BONUS AD rather than scaling with TOTAL AD.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This prevents him from going just Sated/Rageblade/Titanic/tank and still killing everyone while not dying lol yeah right

Nidalee Passive hunt no longer roots neutral monsters. Cougar W no longer resets her autoattack.

Orianna Q mana cost down at early levels, still scales back to where it was.

Quinn has Q duration decreased and cooldown increased at higher levels.

Shyvana has Q ratio lowered at early levels - less burst from a 1 point wonder. W still does bonus damage to monsters, leaving her farming still redic.

TF had some visual changes. Unless you're against Underworld TF, shouldn't change anything.

Spoiler: Item changes
    Show
    Runic Echoes base damage down from 80 to 60.

Tiamat recipe changed, cost unchanged. AD given lowered by 10. Now has passive cleave again.

Build path for Ravenous Hydra changed (-Longsword +Pickaxe). Combine cost unchanged.

AD down from 50 to 35 on Titanic Hydra.

Zz'rot portal armor and MR lowered, gate health lowered to 5, basic attacks against it deal 1 damage. Health of the portal will regenerate after 5 seconds out of combat. New icon on the map.

Known bug: apparently you may be unable to find the "invite" button in custom games. You can force the invite button to appear by switching teams.

Spoiler: Bugfixes
    Show
    Rift Herald now properly grants 2 Devourer stacks on assist (previously still gave 5).

Lifesteal and Spellvamp now properly take into account the bonus damage from when scuttler is hit by hard CC.

Undoing a tier 2 jungle item no longer caps your Smite at 1 stack until you buy a tier 2 jungle item.

QSS and Mercurial actives no longer bring Stormraider's Surge back up.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2016-03-22 at 03:24 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Choo Choooooo!!! All aboard!!!

*ahem* Didn't expect a Sion legendary skin though, but I'm loving it, especially the voicelines.
    Homebrew:
    The inFAMOUS Conduit base class. Wow I actually finished it...
    The Darksiders base class, based on the videogame with the same name.

I also draw some stuff here, Gamespectre on Deviantart

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Choo Choooooo!!! All aboard!!!

*ahem* Didn't expect a Sion legendary skin though, but I'm loving it, especially the voicelines.
    I think my favorite thing is he is actually a train. A hype train no less.
    Show