New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Home 22: Our neighborhood watch is extra vigilant

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another, or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM the creator of this thread and they will post the location in the OP.

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post: It's important that there is a clear way to differentiate the locations in a meta-thread. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it: A residence cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in, burn it down, knock on the door, etc., but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. Players are permitted to make additional OoC rules, if they want, that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice: If there are any disagreements between players please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

Locations
    Spoiler
    Show
    75 Ocean Rd: horngeek
    Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts.

134 Ninja Drive: Mindfreak586
    A 1 story ranch style home owned by Dave Smith, professional Ninja.

154 Oceanside Drive: Felandria
    An abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.
    Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.

703 Nature Ave: jkhero73
    The home of Joshua Pathfinder. The structure is a hollowed out oak tree with leaves that never seem to die. The door is clearly visible.

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight
    Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky.

4224 Wing House: Gimliggamer
    Home of George Kingsley.

Agony's Lair: Flaming Eagle, The Alexandrian
    Home of the supervillainess Agony (formerly known as Rochelle Hawkins), the Empress of Pain and Torment. Living with her is her AMEN handler, Nicole. An ominous-looking floating fortress big enough to be a small planet. The main lair itself is underground, in the centre. There, the throne room, the torture room, the ladies themselves and their thralls can be found.
    People can visit only if allowed by the Empress herself.
    Designed with this image as a base:

Al's Lab: ApeofLight, KerfuffleMach2
    Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts.

Alhana's Dwelling: Viera Champion
    In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom.

Basil's Cabin: Wolfbane, Happyturtle
    In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans.

Brendan's Upstairs: Recaiden, Bushranger
    The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish.

Clearing in the Woods: KerfuffleMach2, celtois
    A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This was the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. As it stands now, the cabin is abandoned.

Eldena's Cottage: Viera Champion
    The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there.

Hallowmere Lake: Happyturtle, Wolfbane
    Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl

House of the Rising Sun: Kid Kris
    A Large house on a headland facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further description.

Intermission: Beans
    The divine realm of Carrie! The Intermission mostly consists of a great decagonal sort of tower, more wide than tall, filled with innumerable rooms for the deceased souls staying there until they move on to their afterlives. Also contained are the quartering complex for her "angels" the Sable Guides.

Isle of Propinquity: Flaming Eagle
    A modern-style duplex house belonging to the bladepire Klaus Sharpe, which is surrounded by trees, vegetation, and a body of water that has a bridge across it. There's also a greenhouse and a kennel of bladehounds.
    Near the main house itself, there's a monolithic building covered in glowing circuitry where Hotaru lives.

[FONT=Verdana]Players should PM when visiting and/or if their last post was made more than 3 days ago.

Jake Stevenson's Home: Happyturtle
    In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a daybed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home.

Javert's House: The Mad Hatter
    It's a white house. Javert lives here alone and very rarely ever leaves.

Julie's Place: Slii Arhem
    An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate renown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord.

Junkyard workshop: KerfuffleMach2, FaceofEvil
    In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access.

Marty's: The Mad Hatter, Agate 86
    This fairly large manor lays where the original Aceford manor was. The manor was built out of the previous manor's remaining architecture and walls, due to this a few rooms inside are boarded up. The house is bright purple with gold outlines. The manor has two sections.
    Downstairs: this area took heavy damage during the original Aceford manor fires. Most of the walls are original. Marty had painted the burnt walls purple. The living room is here.
    Upstairs: Marty's room and study are located here. There is also a grand ballroom.
    Marty Aceford lives here along with his friend Griktak.

New Rock Household: blackouttwo, Artemis97
    A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - white picket fence, work shed out back, spacious basement (with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room (with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms... Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.
    Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd.: TechnoScrabble
    A big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned. Iits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such. It has a gravel driveway leading up to it and near the docks. It has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage and nd the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions.

Silvery Ship: Lost Deep
    It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet.

Tarmikos Studio: Baeleck
    This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to.

Tik-Tik's Home: HaltTheSlayer
    Tik-Tik and her daughter Ta-Ki share a home on the outskirts of Inside. The house itself is a cozy affair tunnelled out of a large hill, with only the round door and windows showing from the outside. It's no dank and dirty hole in the ground; it's quite pleasant and warm.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted
    Home 20: Refurbished
    Home 19: Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor
    Home 18: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
    Home 17: Where you know all your friends and all your enemies
    Home 16: Home is Where the Phylactery is
    Home 15: A Fixer-Upper
    Home 14: Oddly Squishy
    Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here
    Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged
    Home 11
    Home 10
    Home 9
    Home 8
    Home 7
    Home 6: Jiggity Jig
    Home 5: Somewhere to take your family
    Home 4: Plenty of Space
    Home 3: Third Time's the Charm
    Home 2: Home is where the cabinet is
    Home 1

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2017-06-23 at 11:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizard Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "We could do with something being as simple as picking it up, once in a while."

Cleo grins and leads the way down into the alleged basement. Sunlight and windows gives way to heatless flames in little sconces. Like many basements, this first part seems to mostly contain rarely-used items in dusty, poorly labelled boxes. Then a low door in the back leads to a spiral staircase. At this landing, a shimmering magical barrier keeps the root cellar at the proper humidity. That door opens on a cave workshop full of half-finished magical items. At this landing, you're standing on surprisingly solid clouds, and you see blue sky instead of the walls.
    Keep following Cleo down, the walls will come back. This crystal-filled space can only be a vast swimming pool.
    Keiko nods with a grin

No kidding!

Moving on, Keiko has been growing increasingly awestruck as they travel, and finally blinks in astonishment as the wondrous pool

Cleo... this is amazing!
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-03-21 at 08:20 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Home 22: Our neighborhood watch is extra vigilant

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Castle Gallope

Willa sighs.
    "Yeah, sure. I'll try to make sure that word doesn't get out about these eggs so no one steals 'em. Whatever you think works. Sorry, I just...don't like the idea of gettin' roped into such big things. It happens way too often. Like, you don't even know." she says, shaking her head.
    The Castle Gallope

The dragon nods, pushing back the thoughts on Willa's behavior. "I will try to keep a watch on the eggs as I pull some strings so you don't have to worry about anything. I appreciate not getting the word out though, I would be furious if someone tried to steal these." She remarks. She then turns to address the kobold. "You may watch them if you like though I am not sure what your deal with Dragon concerned. Are you related to dragons?" He reminded her of heliots, though he was smaller and more scaley. Too emotional too.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-03-21 at 08:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Cleo looks over to Keiko, eyes big, grinning.

"Really? It's mostly just stuff we work with...and a nice non-salinated swimming pool."

She keeps going down the stairs, but waves that Keiko need not follow.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The Castle Gallope

Kobu just shrugs his shoulders at her.
    "They say that kobolds are very distant descendants, yes. And I do suppose that since the Concept mentioned my heritage, we must be. But it's alright, Lady Ambrosia. They only mentioned raising them to hatching, which would surely not work out. You need not concern yourself with me." he says sadly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Keiko grins and with only the softest of splashes she is into the water and darting along swiftly: looking to see if there might be any tasty fishies waiting to be caught by a Greater Inland Sea Dragon.

7. - Top - End - #7

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Well, that's not what they'd be waiting for...but there's a few cave fish swimming sleepily nearby. Not what fine cuisine is made of, but to Keiko? Tasty enough.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Castle Gallope

Kobu just shrugs his shoulders at her.
    "They say that kobolds are very distant descendants, yes. And I do suppose that since the Concept mentioned my heritage, we must be. But it's alright, Lady Ambrosia. They only mentioned raising them to hatching, which would surely not work out. You need not concern yourself with me." he says sadly.
    The Castle Gallope

Ambrosia studies Kobu carefully for a moment. At least someone showed some respect. Were nexus inhabitants were so inured that they had lost all sense of common courtesy? "I admit that I hesitant to give away any of these eggs to people I don't know. In addition, this world, even as fascinating as it is, simply isn't a good home for younglings I feel. It has no rules, no limitations, and most of all, little safety. I believe that these should grow up in a more grounded place where they will learn their place in the world." She gestures at the eggs around them. "Does that sound reasonable to you?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The Castle Gallope

Willa sighs, and with another clap Kobu begins clearing her way again.
    "No, that's fine. Please. Just tell me what your people are gonna look like and when they'll show up so I can tell the guards I'll station to let them take them away. Gotta make sure they don't take your folks for thieves."

10. - Top - End - #10

The Castle Gallope

Ambrosia glances at Willa. Sigh's and eyerolls, that's what human teenagers did wasn't it? Quite an way to make one's displeasure obvious for everyone involved.

"I don't actually know yet, miss. As I said, I need to contact some people first. Just give me some time and I will sort of the details."
    She needed to contact her father first of all, thought considering him, he probably already knew. The dragon looks around suspiciously. His invisible observers could be everywhere.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-03-23 at 08:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

The Castle Gallope

Willa looks around, following Ambrosia's eyes.
    "Well, just tell me as soon as you know. Uh, what are you looking for?" she asks, obviously confused.

12. - Top - End - #12

The Castle Gallope

The dragon looks back at the centaur. "Oh, nothing. I should get to work anyway. Was there anything else?" She seems to study Willa for a moment.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The Castle Gallope

Willa shakes her head.
    "No, I think that's it. We'll uh, see you later, gotta go get some guards on these eggs a' yours." she says. This whole thing is very awkward.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Wizards' Tower]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well, that's not what they'd be waiting for...but there's a few cave fish swimming sleepily nearby. Not what fine cuisine is made of, but to Keiko? Tasty enough.
    Keiko puts her pointy teeth to use! Maybe not as fun as catching chompers, but fish!! Gotta keep the nutrients flowing for her developing eggs, after all.

15. - Top - End - #15

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Believe it or not, these fish have never had to worry about sea dragons before. They're almost helplessly gobbled up! Non-toothy fish!

Shortly, Cleo comes back, sets down all the little bags and pockets she carries about, and dives into the water with a grand splash.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Of course not: they'd only have had to worry about cave dragons. Are there any of those lurking around?

Keiko has found a dark little nook at the bottom of the pool and curled up: she is very difficult to see in the dim light under the water. She watches Cleo with a happy but mischievous smile and holds very still.

17. - Top - End - #17

Default [Wizards' Tower]

No lurking cave dragons, to what I'm sure is Keiko's disappointment. All we've got around here are the little root dragons and the big flower dragons; they don't seem to like swimming.

Cleo twists happily through the water for a while, humming tunelessly when she's in the air, jumping up out of the water and curving back down with much less of a splash. Eventually it hits her - where did Keiko get to? - and she starts patrolling the edge of the cave, looking around.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Alas, so sad.

Keiko watches in silent admiration, but whatever prank she had in mind is disrupted by the expedient of her not being able to hold her breath anymore, and she has to go up to the surface and gasp in some air.

PFFFFFFOOOOSH.

Bleah, need to practice holding my breath!

19. - Top - End - #19

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Cleo laughs and paddles slowly over.

"There you are! You know, I had just assumed you could breathe underwater."
    "But I guess you don't have any gills. That was silly."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Keiko shakes her head

No, no gills. And I really hate the aftertaste from using that Water Breathing spell.

She glides over to meet Cleo

This is a nice place!

21. - Top - End - #21

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Cleo smiles and starts slowly swimming circles about Keiko.

"This is home!"
    "For you too, you know."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Keiko nods with a rapidly broadening grin

Yeah! That's awesome! You're here, and it's really nifty, and it means we have a material plane base that isn't Inari's Temple or my church! And we can teach the kids to swim here where it's safe and the fish are sleepy, and...

She grunts a bit, and stretches out in the water

And why do eggs need to roll around inside? And why does that have to hurt?

23. - Top - End - #23

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Cleo brushes past her, comforting.

"Because you move around so much. And they need to grow-"
    "How much longer are you supposed to carry them?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Keiko stretches out and holds very still, sullenly blowing bubbles at the surface of the water as she tries to count how many weeks it's been.

Um... saw the doctor the first week of January... awww.... pfff... I was supposed to go see him again... oh well... so three, plus four for Feb, plus three more... and he said ten to twelve weeks...

she stops blowing bubbles and looks at Cleo

I'm gonna need to build a nest.

25. - Top - End - #25

Default [Wizards' Tower]

"So any day now."

Cleo swims over towards the edge of the water.

"We'd best get right on that. Do you just know how to make a nest?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Keiko nods and follows to the shore

Yeah, Dewdrop told me: I need to find a sandy spot where they'll get sun and dig kinda a bowl-shape in the sand. There there are these water weeds that I'm supposed to pull out to line it with. After the eggs are in the nest, I cover them up with a different kind of water weeds. She said we don't sit on them like birds: that's why being in the sun is important. And I guess the weeds are sorta a blanket or something.

then she chuckles

At least, that's the "natural" way if I was a feral dragon living in the sea. Personally, I'm thinking some nice soft blankets or towels or something and a Zone of Comfort spell linked to a simple Divination to keep them at the right temperature for various times of the day - 'cause I bet the temperature cycle's important.

she looks thoughtful

Maybe gently older towels... I'm betting we'll want to throw them away when we're done...

27. - Top - End - #27

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Cleo shakes and the water more or less goes back where it belongs.

"That-oh good. I don't know where we would get the proper water weeds."
    "But old cloth, we have. Let me show you the way to the towels."

Right this way, up some stairs, through a little tunnel...

"Would they get enough air, under blankets? And we might need to set up lights, if the sun's not just for heat."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Keiko gets out of the pool and the water immediately drains away from her water-repelling scales. She hrms as she follows along

Can't imagine stinky rotting water-weeds are the most breathable of coverings... if anything, I'd have thought that they'd get more air through blankets. But the light's a really good point... should be easy enough to arrange, though - lights aren't at all hard.

Keiko nods thoughtfully

Glad you mentioned that.

29. - Top - End - #29

The Castle Gallope

"Of course. I'll inform you when everything is taken care of. I really appreciate you doing all this for me miss, I will find a way to pay you back somehow." Ambrosia replies before turning to prepare a little ritual. Now she needed to contact people...

30. - Top - End - #30

Default [Wizards' Tower]

Must be convenient having those scales.

"I mean, I have to look out for them too, right?"

Cleo removes a large bundle of seldom-used light blue blankets from the back of a closet and tosses them Keiko-ward.
    Then they can get to building a nest; I can't imagine they'll have much trouble with it. A place for the eggs of a modern, magical sea dragon to grow.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine