New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Savage Tide: There is No Honor

Evan

Evan walks up onto the ship, turning his head and looking at everything FAR more often then a... well... More mature person, might. He takes great interest in several things... Crates... Riggings... Stairs... But no touching. His brother used to smack him hard for touching things that didn't belong to him. (Snicker.)

Evan 'accidentally' lets a few coins slip from his pocket... Eight or so gold pieces, right down the stairs the other crew mate went down...

"Oops..."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

With Kaolin's bold gamble of letting gold fall down the stairs below decks the battle for the Blue Nixie began as sailors boiled up from below decks to battle the 'invaders' who had suddenly come aboard, lead by none other then Vark. A thuggish one eyed brute who showed more valor then his comrades who fled with the first blows that Erech, Evan, and Lakaran landed on them. He fought to the death and after he fell things had seemed over...until the terrified feminine scream that came from below. When the three investigated they discovered a vicious spider-like monster that Erech identified as a 'black-fang rhagodessa (spelling off on that)'. It had been in the middle of assaulting the small wooden cage of a raccoon-monkey hybrid, but with the arrival of fresh meat it's attention had quickly shifted to the larger people. Battle began in earnest and things looked bad until the furry little biped in the cage broke free to help it's rescuers.

After the spider-like creature had been felled they discovered that the monkey thing was a creature known as a phanaton and named Xuzaxa. After a small little talk amongst yourselves it was decided that Xuzaxa would be allowed to join with everyone else as part of their group to help out Lavinia. In any case it didn't take long after that to find what you came there looking for, the key to the Vanderboren vault. A small signet ring with a sheet of parchment slipped through it that you swiftly returned to Lavinia. She was delighted with your accomplishment and invited you to come with her to the vault so that she could pay all of you as soon as she got inside. Once there though you and Lavania discovered an old guardian set there to keep thieves out of the Vanderboren vault. But that was hardly the greatest surprise to be found as you all discovered that the vault had practically been picked clean by none other then Lavinia's brother Vanthus, however the good news was that she had enough gold (and an odd little journal that was written by her parents) in there to pay all of you and to get by until her uncle and aunt in Cauldron to send some financial aid to her.

Which lead into Lavinia's request to locate Vanthus and bring him so she could question him and try to get her gold back. Tristan's experience as a private investigator came in handy then as it lead you all to a man who claimed to have seen Vanthus recently and was ready to guide them to him at Parrot Island. Parrot Island was one of the small islands that were out in Sasserine's bay that wasn't inhabited...or at least that was what everyone thought. It proved to be wrong when your guide lead you to an old pirate smuggling hideout underneath of the island's surface. Not long after you entered your guide's body was dropped down in after you by the same brown haired man who's picture had been in the Vanderboren private dining hall. Vanthus as he proclaimed himself to be. The last you saw of him was the man pulling a stone over the entrance leaving you in darkness, a darkness that was hardly uninhabited. The pirates who used to dwell there, now undead zombies and worse, had swarmed out in the darkness to attack you until they had all been destroyed and some rather startling evidence was found that proved Vanthus's treachery wasn't just limited to inquisitive strangers but also the men under his own command, thieves in the employ of the Lotus Dragon thieves guild. It was a bit of a trial to figure out a way out but a dangerous underwater escaped proved to be just what the cleric ordered.

With this new revelation the five of you decided to infiltrate the Lotus Dragon headquarters to find Vanthus and bring him back to the rightful judgment that was waiting for him. But not before you were assaulted by a gang or two of Lotus Dragon thugs trying to deter you from your path, not that it worked. Despite your confidence the Dragon headquarters proved to be a hard battle with thieves seeming to lurk behind every corner and tamed monsters slavering after you. The greatest monster proved not to be one of these 'pets' or the beautiful Rowyn Kellani who tried to sway you with a sweet offer and the threat of violence (but she was quick to flee when the battle turned against her). It was the letter you found that Vanthus wrote to Rowyn (As seen below) that showed the true monster in all of this.

It took much courage to report back to Lavinia to tell her that it was her brother who had arranged to kill her parents. Despite her shock and dismay she gladly put you on the official payroll so she could call on you when needed, not to mention providing some much needed stability for some of you.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day didn't seem quite as bright or hopeful as the previous one. At Lavinia's encouragement, she had you all put up in your own rooms in Vanderboren manor insisting that you have better accomadations then what she thought you had. Humidity hung oppressively in the air and the small elderly halfling woman woke each of you for breakfast in the main dining hall. Lavinia herself wasn't there at first but it was still a nice solid spread. Partidge eggs, ham, imported jelly on toast, and some overly sweet tea. Only when you were about half way through did Lavinia descend and it didn't take a master inquisitor to notice she was still upset by what she had been told, however the mission was clear. Vanthus was still at large and Lavinia still wanted him brought in, but it was for justice this time and not redemption, which meant that the location of this...'Kraken's Cove' would need to be found before you can set out to catch the evil bastard who was related to Lavinia.

She seemed to have taken a liking to the phanaton, though her behavior towards him could be seen as insulting since she thought of him more an intelligent pet. At the moment she was busy trying to feed him little pieces of fruit with the journal sitting on her empty plate.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can take this time to ask questions of Lavinia (who will act as a proxy for me for more details about what has already happened) and can set out whenever you wish.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius

After finishing his last partridge egg and dabbing his mouth with his napkin, Erech gently cleared his throat. My lady? Have you had any luck with your parents' journal? If you need assistance with deciphering anything, I'm fairly adept in that regard, and would be more than pleased to aid you, he offers. Maybe this will let Xuzaxa have a few moments of peace, at least, he thinks to himself.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Xuzaxa:

The three and a half foot monkey/raccoon hybrid has changed a lot overnight. The party is surprised to see that a shirt covers up most of his luxurious gray fur. Truthfully, it's high quality studded leather, but it is a shirt nonetheless. His bark brown paws however, are still vacant of gloves or boots. The armor obviously has an open spot where his tail, almost half a foot longer than him, protrudes. His piercing bright yellow eyes still stare at you from behind his black raccoon robber mask, and he seems to not care for a helmet. His bow and short spear are nowhere to be seen, but he is wearing his backpack and also has a shiny buckler attached to his forearm. He wears a new quiver attached to his belt, and it is surprisingly ornate compared to his other gear. Startlingly, the quiver appears to be empty; however, whenever Xuzaxa moves his hand near it, arrows seem to materialize ready to be withdrawn.

Xuzaxa doesn't talk much at breakfast. He seems not to talk much at all, as his knowledge of the common tongue is halting and slow. He appears to be aware that Lavinia's treatment of him is odd, but does not seem to be insulted by it. He figures he'll start to worry about that once the fruit stops tasting so good. He stops eating once Erech starts talking, regarding him with a curious grin. The grin and his attention quickly shift to the journal as it is mentioned, and he picks it up and examines the cover. If it is unreadable, something should be done. Should take it to tribal elders.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Savage Tide: There is No Honor

The pretty blond woman pauses in her feeding to look over at Erech when he speaks up, a wane little smile on her face before she answers him, leaving the little phanton to his own devices for the moment. "Hm? No, I'm not having too much trouble it's just taking some time. My mother encoded the whole thing in Sylvan, I'm guessing so it'd be harder to read if someone stole it and it's just taking some time to translate it into common."

It was a fairly plain journal and the cover was unadorned with any flippant little engravings or anything but was a good size. From the variety of bookmarks and such towards the back it looked as if Lavinia had started with some of the more recent entries and worked her way to the back from there. When she saw that Xuzaxa had 'pilfered' the journal she let out a laugh and pried it out from his hands.

"You can't have this book, it's mine and I need it. Here, have a grape." She offered and held out a dark red/purple (You know what I mean) grape for the phanaton to take. It could have been seen as insulting but there was no malice in the way Lavinia treated Xuzaxa and apparently he held her no grudge either.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Lakaran Tolivar

Lakaran smiles at the exchange between Lavinia and Xuzaxa. "Have you found any useful information since you start translating it? All of us are involved now," inquires Lakaran. The remnants of his breakfast litter his plate. He picks up last corner of a piece of toast, smears more jelly on it, and pops it in his mouth. "None of us want to see a killer such as your brother run unchecked. No offense, of course, but he must be stopped," Lakaran catches himself, trying not to offend.

Changing the subject, Lakaran asks, "What was written on the parchment we brought back with the signet ring?"
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Tristan

Indeed, the day was not quite as bright or hopeful than it had been previously. He had found the greatest woman ever; Attractive, wealthy, loads of connections and henchmen. Yet, that Vanthus had already courted her with more money than he could ever hope to acquire. Sure, he never would have really fallen for her, but just the thought that she was hopelessly beyond his grasp put a damper on his mood.

He sighed, I wonder if that flower-shop girl would be worth a try about now?

He takes a bite of his toast and looks curiously over at Xuzaxa. He seemed much more like a very hairy halfling prepared to cut someones throat than a cute monkey-thing. Then again, he'd seem much less like an aging, bald man if he wore that armor of his every now and then.

He waves the hybrid over to his end of the table, "Can I take a look at that quiver of yours? I don't suppose I could ask you to store a few extra things in there for me? I bought some new daggers and I don't really want to get rid of the old ones."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

8. - Top - End - #68

Xuzaxa:

Xuzaxa gives up the book very quickly. I don't know what a Sylvan is. The book is no use to me if all it is about are Sylvans. Not that I even like reading. It's too difficult the way they make it. He takes the grape from Lavinia and listens to Lakaran. He offers his opinion on Lavinia's brother when he is mentioned. "When hunt for family kill abomination? Xuzaxa don't want see more family die."

His opinion= voiced, Xuzaxa wanders over to Tristan. He looks at his quiver examining the three different compartments and shrugs. "Xuzaxa do not care. Man say for arrows, javelins, and bows. If they fit... Xuzaxa will keep they for you." He indicates each compartment as he announces what they are for, then shrugs again.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Savage Tide: Bullywug Gambit

"Surely you remember the combination Master Lakaran. 'Chimera looks to sunrise. Cyclops looks to sunset. Medusa looks to sunrise. Umber hulk looks to sunset. Basilisk looks to sunrise.' A curious puzzle to be sure but we manage to get through it just fine." Lavinia replies to the mage as she opens the journal distractedly and flips to the very first page marker. "Nothing too useful yet, merely records of their preparations for another journey. It looks promising though and I have hope something will come to fruit soon. Do you have any useful leads on Vanthus yet?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Remember people, reactionary!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius

Erech nods at the Lady's question. Yes, in fact. We've been looking for this Kraken's Cove, but I haven't turned anything up yet. Perhaps Tristan would fare better than I? Erech turns to the other bald man in the room. What say you? As soon as we can locate this locale, Erech grins broadly, we could probably set out shortly thereafter, hm?

Something seems to click in Erech's mind, as he clucks his tongue and turns back to Lady Lavinia. Who is Brissa? Vanthus spoke of her in his journal.

11. - Top - End - #71

Xuzaxa:

Xuzaxa looks up at Erech as he suggests they move out. The phanaton immediately begins nodding his agreement. "Yes. To Kraken's Cove we are headed? Will be week or more we don't have boat. Also very dangerful." The phanaton grins his goofy grin as he motions towards the door, hopeful to hunt the kinslaying abomination.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

12. - Top - End - #72

Tristan

Tristan gives a short nods to Erech as he inhales another piece of jam covered toast. "I'll go ask a few people I know what they know later today, maybe even see if we can't obtain some fisherman's boat to sail us to wherever the place is. I have a letter I need to write first though, so, if you would excuse me from your presence Lady, I'll be off to the room you've so generously provided."

Tristan slides his chair back under the table, giving a bow to Lavina before heading off to the stairs, motioning for Xuzaxa to follow him up. Once upstairs, he retrieves a small bundle of daggers and hands them to the hybrid before sitting down at a nearby desk with a few sheets of parchment and ink well.

-----

Dear Dex,

How are you holding up you old goat? Yes, I know that by comparison of the ratios of current over maximum age, your about as young as I am, but I must confess you will not change my perspective; eighty-five years is a long time regardless of race, so you're still an old goat.

I must apologize for my prolonged absence this last week, as I have been added to the payroll of none other than Lady Lavina Vanderboren. My skill have proven quite useful to her, and have subsequently been well used. I am unsure whether or not this torrent of searches and chases in her name will come to a slow soon, or perhaps take on more regular intervals, though I do know my present task will require much effort on my part.

Because of this, I must ask for a temporary 'holiday' from my duties at the Scavengers Guild. I'm sure Jonathen Mace is fully capable of handling anything of mine while I am away, so do tell the lad I have my confidence in him. Once events become more stable, I will be sure to return.

Investigator,
    Tristan Wolfe

----------

Dear Gortash,

I'm leaving my room at your Inn to take up residence with a beautiful woman. I want you to take me off tab for now, and I'll send you all I owe for last week as soon as I get back from a little excursion.

The relationship is unstable, and I expect if things do not go well, I might get kicked out forcefully. If you keep a room open for me should this occur, I promise to return to adding my gold to your purse.

May your wallet never run dry,
    Tristan Wolfe

----------

Tristan ties the two letters up with some string and sets out to find the halfling servent. When he does, he instructs her as to where to deliver each letter, thanking her kindly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

13. - Top - End - #73

Xuzaxa:

Xuzaxa follows Tristan to his quarters. The phanaton takes the bundle and spends a minute examining them and his quiver. After the examination, he carefully tries to fit them into each compartment, starting with the arrows section. He takes special pains to inflict no damage upon his new quiver. At the end of his trials, he looks quizzically at his quiver and shrugs. He steps over for a second to watch Tristan write. Temporary 'holiday' from my duties at the Scaven- Ohhh! Shiny. It doesn't take him long to lose interest, and he picks up a dagger and starts tossing it up in the air and catching it.

Spoiler
    Show
    The description of the quiver says it will hold things, approximately the size and shape of an arrow, javelin, or bow. It's Callos's decision as to whether the daggers fit in any of the compartments. When in doubt, leave it up to the DM.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-11 at 10:25 PM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius

Having finished breakfast as well, Erech excuses himself, My Lady. Friends. I must prepare for our venture. I'll be back in a few minutes. He bows and turns sharply on his heal, headed for his room.

Once there, he takes a pitcher of water and dips an inkpen into it before considering the floor space and the day's needs before he begins drawing an intricate design upon the floor, tracing it in wet lines that do not seem to dry.

Once done, he stands back and calls out, Focalor, Prince of Tears! Come and grant me your powers of storm and sea!

A single tear falls from thin air into the drawn seal. A pair of weaping eyes appear above the floor, followed by a body becoming slowly visible. Finally a handsome human male stands within the seal, his face twisted by grief. He is naked, though a set of griffin's wings sprout from his back and cover his form. His body shudders with wracking sobs.

Erech and the being within the seal face off, a silent communication between them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bind Check: (1d20+7)[16]

After several moments Erech bows his head and nods as the image of the man as well and the seal upon the floor disappear. He digs into his pack and withdraws a mirror, checking his appearance.

Erech returns to where the others wait. He seems to be withdrawn somewhat as he nods to the others in acknowledgement, but doesn't make eye contact, nor approach them, taking a seat away from everyone else. Can we get moving? he asks with a hint of plaintiveness in his voice.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-08-13 at 01:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC:

Three things:

A) I omitted one minor thing from the fast forward. The dock master you were trying to see was murdered shortly before you escaped from Vanthus's trap. Not very important but I thought I'd put that in here.

B) Heres the options for getting to Kraken's Cove. You can make a DC 25 Diplomacy check for a round-trip passage to Kraken's Cove for 8 gold per passenger. If none of you can make that check then it's 20 gold per passenger. If you want the transport to wait for you then its a further 10 gold a day due to the dangerous and notorious nature of the region.

Of course if any of you have ranks in Profession Sailor then you can buy the boat yourself for outright 50 gold and you have a free boat.

C) This is mostly a 'time' issue. Rowing non-stop in shifts will get you to Kraken's Cove in just under two days. If you go in eight hour shifts though it'll take five days. It's mostly up to you.

Just respond in the OOC thread then I'll put a real post in here that'll deal with the negotitions for the boat and setting out into the water.

With Erech's eager urging the five of you gather together and seek out someone willing to part with a row boat in the Azure District. News of Harbormaster Keltar's demise was still buzzing about the streets as the hottest news but most of the activity seems to have died down since that tragic event. The most eager person that you find to sell to, a disheartened young man who hadn't found any of the riches supposedly out at sea, proved the quickest to sell his boat to all of you, though he proved rather obstinate about the price (determined to get some money out of the whole fishing endeavor) and Tristan reluctantly forked over the gold pieces to buy the fairly ordinary but sturdy craft from him.

The shifts were fairly easy to determine since all of you decided that haste would be the best way to get to the Cove and Xuzaxa proved too short to make an effective rower but was rather adept at bucketing out the occasional leak of water back out of the craft. Erech and Evan took the first shift and the power rowing put Sasserine behind all of you with a threatening coastline on the other side, high cliffs running down to the waterline and deceptively boggy and deep. Hot summertime(ish) heat beating down on you made the trip a little bit less then pleasant considering that the humidity of the Amedio Region was always through the roof in the first place. Your only company the slightly patterned noise of oars passing in and out of the water even as the sun began it's descent down to the other side of the horizon, chased by it's jealous sister the moon as Tristan and Evan replaced their comrades at the oars.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Here ya guys go. A chance to RP amongst yourselves for some EXP and to craft things if you want to.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-08-15 at 06:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius

Erech winces as he rubs his sore shoulders. I've not done such labor since the summer my father had me work in the stables. Ugh. I'm no weakling, but I don't see how anyone can do this for a living, he indicates the small boat and oars. He turns to the littlest member of their group. Xu, why don't you tell us about yourself and your people? I think it might help pass the time to hear of it, the dark-skinned man adjusts his wide-brimmed hat, making sure it shades his eyes.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess everyone will get to watch me bind on our second day, if there's enough room to do it. Is there? If so it should be interesting...

In an aside, my default Pact Augmentation is the +1AC insight bonus. Yay!
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-08-16 at 09:30 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground

Evan

Evan gets to work at putting the city behind him right away. Eager not only to get to the groups destination, but to finally get a change in his life. Mom and Dad would be proud, he was doing some real, hard work for a change.

The heat became unbearable, reaaaal fast. The scholars robes covering his body were light however, and allowed his skin to breath. The cold water spraying up occasionally was enough to keep him going.

Evan stops rowing for a moment to take a drink from his canteen, sweating quite profusely, but not altogether too worried. Erech had proved to be quite an impressive partner to row with. When Erech asks Xu about his people, Evan listens with intent... Which is mildly feigned, as it doesn't stem out into the realm of 'exciting' for him.

(So.. First shift, Me and Erech.. Second shift... Me and Tristan?

I R MAN ROWER, I NO NEED BRAKE)

18. - Top - End - #78

Xuzaxa:

Xuzaxa seems to enjoy his job of bailing water. Whenever one of his fellow companions complain about the heat however, he will ignore bailing long enough to splash them with water. He spends a lot of time dumping water on himself also, although he takes care not to get it on anything it might damage. He shrugs when Erech asks him about his past. Now I have to make a speech in their language. This will probably not go very well. "Xuzaxa born in forest. Many of the people live in forests. Like climb and glide through trees. Is fun. We gather the fruit of world." He pauses for a second and looks over at the shore. When he speaks again, there is a harsher edge to his tone. "Xuzaxa's forest gone. Nearby human camp cut trees. Men want the people gone. Other men put the people in box of bars with many bad men. Many the people gone. Next box near spider. Xuzaxa hate spider. Spider want to kill all the people. Xuzaxa here now." Xuzaxa looks at Erech and grins at him. "Why you here?"
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius

Erech's smile seems sad. Sorry to hear about your people's plight. Maybe we could help out someday? Erech stares off over the water, back towards Sessarine. What am I doing here? he asks quietly. Avoiding my fate, I suppose. Being the youngest son of a minor, very minor, noble, the best thing that could be offered me was a position in church. My father, a staunch follower of the Valorous Knight, pulled a string and got me an initiate position at the temple of Heironeous. I've never been one for religion, especially someone as stuffy as Heironeous. He's impressive, sure, but not my style. Erech pauses, letting his hand trail in the water for a moment, his mind far away.

He comes back to himself with a start. Sorry. Anyway, one thing led to another, it became apparent to me that clerical duties were not my future, and I happened to come across something in the library that actually did interest me. Vestiges. A sharp gleam seems to come into his eyes, though he seems to be crying. Beings of power, not beholden to the gods, they yearn to experience life once more. In order to do so, they grant abilities to those who know how to properly contact them. There can be some unpleasant side effects, and apparently most religions don't care for the vestiges existence, but I feel like it's what I should be doing. Using their granted abilities to better the world, and my own life admittedly, in what ways I am able. Erech takes a long pull of his waterskin, then holds it out to the phanaton, offering a drink, before he continues. Anyway, I left the church and returned home, avoiding my father, and the next day I met Lady Lavinia's halfling messenger, same as y'all, Erech indicates Evan, Lakaran and Tristan with a flick of his hand. Now I'm here, he adds with a small, sad smile.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assumed the second Evan rowing was Lak.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Lakaran Tolivar

Hearing Erech's voice, Lakaran removes the damp white towel from his face as he sits up. His nap in the tiny bow of the boat had been better than he could have hoped, but left a lot to wish for. He listens quietly to the conversation, grabbing some food out of his pack. Eating the few perishables they brought, Lakaran tries to reason out how much longer there is before it is his shift to row. Deciding its easier to just let the others tell him, he finishes his meal and returns the cloth to his face. He continues to listen to the conversation until he falls asleep again.

21. - Top - End - #81

Tristan

Hot.

The balmy weather was wearing down on Tristans mind, inducing a state of drowsiness. Maybe it was a good thing to sleep, since he was going to be rowing a later shift but he was just too bored to do much of anything, even nap. The stories didn't interest him much either; Erech, his pseudo-nobility and spirit stuff. Xuzaxa and his fruit. Ignoring the others, he day-dreams in his own head, consumed mostly with the thought of fruit he could have bought beforehand instead of a boat.

Forty pieces of gold.... There was a sale on apples, down to three pennies... I could have had one thousand, three hundred apples to snack on instead of this piece of wood.

He sighs, still lying down on one end of the boat. Might as well have the boat. Saves on having to walk, and who would I get to carry all those apples anyway?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Savage Tide:Bullywug Gambit

With the light conversation to pass the time, the rowing and paddling seemed more bearable then it had been before though it was far from enjoyable to people used to living in the city. The only thing that even seemed interesting was when the rowboat passed by a large wooden fort that Tristan and Xu identified as Fort Fendawor and it soon passed into the distance as night fell and the shifts changed once more to let the tired people rest after their ordeal. Luckily no hostile natives or creatures on the shore even seemed to take notice of the boat at night or during most of the following day.

All five of you give an almost audible sigh of relief when the phanaton tells you that your approaching Blood Bay and the rowing seemed less of a burden or a trial then it had before. Soon the waters around the boat began to turn a muddy sort of red that steadily turned a darker and darker red as you progress farther on your little boat ride until you entered into Blood Bay where the waters were crimson and drew steadily closer to the Cove itself when Lakaran gave a call of alarm. Even with Kraken's Cove close to a mile away it was still easy to see the ominous column of smoke that was rising into the air like a thick black oily finger. Haste seemed to be called for and the speed of the rowing increased as the five of you sped to the closest point to the cove to dock without going near the dangerous reefs they had heard about. Even the jungle where you beached was quiet and it was making Xu more then a little nervous. Where was all the hoots, clicks, shrieks, and buzzing that was the normal noise of the jungle?

Spoiler
    Show
    Need a general formation to go by.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius

After covering their boat with leaves and branches, giving at least anod towards concealing the craft, Erech looks at the others. "Any guesses how far off that smoke is from us?" he asks quietly, not wanting to disturb the quiet overmuch, fearing drawing unwanted attention to the group. The dark-skinned human waves the little phanaton forward. "Care to take the lead? You're probably best equipped to get us where we wish to go, I think," Erech says with a small smile, though his eyes seem to continue to water, as if he were crying.

He readies his new crossbow, loading a bolt into it, then holds it pointed down and to the right of everyone else. "How 'bout Tristan next, then Lak and Ev, and I can bring up the rear?"
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-08-21 at 12:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

Xuzaxa:

Xuzaxa's eyes narrow as the boat lands. He quickly produces both his bow and an arrow from his quiver. He looks around for anything out of the ordinary. He pauses a few seconds after the group is all ashore and tries to hear if there is anything alive in the forest. He casts another furtive glance around before knocking his arrow and taking off towards their destination with a quiet tread.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently - (1d20+8)[23]
    Spot - (1d20+6)[21]
    Listen - (1d20+6)[11]
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-25 at 10:45 AM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Lakaran Tolivar

The creepy silence of the noiseless jungle sends a shiver down Lakaran's spine. "Sure, that'll be fine. I don't know where I'm going, nor how to figure it out," Lakaran responds to Erech's suggestion. The sand of the beach has started clinging to Lakaran's shoes, so he kicks the hidden boat to knock off most of the sand. He is clearly not in his element, but does not complain. He walks up behind Xu and waits for the rest of the group to take position.
    Last edited by Saterus; 2007-08-23 at 11:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Black Sheep

With no other ideas offered to among the other four, you all uneasily put your hands on your weapons and follow after Xu as he darts off into the deathly silent jungle. The farther you go though, the more you see the reason why all the jungle is silent. The ravaged and mutilated corpses of birds, animals, snakes, anything that could have been alive lay on the ground, teeth and claw marks easily visible on their bodies. But the truly curious thing were that none of the animals were truly...whole, each seemed to have grown or developed some sort of deformity either before or after it's death.

Soon the phanaton returned to the group, eyes wide as he continued to lead the way to areas were life still flourish. Hisses and screeches echoed in the woods as the five witnessed the animal life tearing each other to pieces, a viciously clawed and spiked parrot tore into a tapir with fangs growing from it's back, a snake that had grown legs writhed in agony before finally growing still and those were some of the more...mild sights to be seen. Despite the highly unusual surroundings, none of the animals seemed to even bother with the intruders to their domain, too involved in their own pitched battles. That was until Xu gave a shriek of alarm. Four tiny shapes slipped and squirmed among the tree branches until falling to the ground on the left side of the line. Hideous little deformed monkey's with fang filled mouths and opening weeping sores covering their furry forms hissed and hooted at the five of you and broke into shambling gaits towards their new prey...

Spoiler
    Show
    I need initiatives. Xu can act in the surprise round and for his normal round (Just let me know which actions are which Erikken.)

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Erech Agius
    Round One Action

Erech takes a step back as he brings up his crossbow and fires at the nearest monkey-thing, not wanting to let it near him. "Never seen these fellas before!" he calls to his companions. He then grabs his morningstar from his belt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[13]
    5-foot step away from monkey-things.
    Attack: (1d20+4)[7]
    Damage (if hit): (1d8)[7]
    Draw weapon -- move action.
    My AC is currently 16 with my Pact Augmentation insight bonus;
    HPs 22.

28. - Top - End - #88

Xuzaxa:

Xuzaxa looks curiously and disgustedly at the lead monkey. He quickly draws back his bowstring. He chatters a very brief semi-prayer to his phanaton god in his native language before releasing the arrow at the deformed monkey. "Uf save the abominations' spirits." After releasing the first arrow, he takes a quick hop backwards and releases two more arrows in quick succession at the same monkey. What are these abominations? Are they assaulting me because I'm similar? Why did most ignore us? Something is extremely wrong.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+4)[20]
    Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage 1 - (1d6)[4]
    Attack 2a - (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage 2a - (1d6)[1]
    Attack 2b - (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage 2b - (1d6)[6]
    OOC: He fires once in the surprise round. In the first round, he takes a five foot step back and rapid shots the one he shot in the surprise round. 19 AC 24 HP

Also, Knowledge: Nature - (1d20+3)[14] to figure out something, anything about what might be going on.
    Last edited by Erikkin; 2007-08-25 at 10:45 AM.
    Fizahn
    Erikkin

Fizahn avatar by Koji.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

Lakaran Tolivar

This steaming jungle had so far been the most frightening experience of Lakaran's life. Mutilated animals with horrifying deformities attacking each other seemingly without regard for self preservation. Lakaran had been gripping the stout wooden walking stick he'd grabbed before they set out since they had left the beach. As the monkeys take notice of them and begin towards them, he readies himself. As soon as they fall to the ground, Lakaran slams the stick into the chest of the monkey nearest him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+5)[21]
    Attack: (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]

30. - Top - End - #90

Tristan Wolfe

Tristan shivers as he turns his head from the deformed, fighting animals, though only in reflex. It was terrible, yes, but it wasn't much more frightening than those zombies....

He waste no time when he sees Xuzaxa being head upon by the deformed creatures, drawing his rapier and bounding in between him and the creatures, making a lunge for the nearest one.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+2)[20]
    Attack - (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage - (1d6)[1]

Tristans AC is 17, 18 with his Dodge Partner[The creature he attacked]. His HP is 19.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.