New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I did mine yesterday, precisely to avoid the crush I could see being likely for shopping today. (This Black Friday stuff has only been a "thing" for about 2 years in the UK, and I already know well to avoid it ).
    Oh, I'm not dumb enough to actually go out on Black Friday. I bought some stuff online, though.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

I, sadly, actually have to pick up drugs tonight, and do some returns.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

Necessities are necessities. WarKitty, is your med situation sorted?
    ... that actually reminds me, I have to pick up my meds too. Hmm. Hopefully I remember tomorrow, I have a week's worth left but I usually remember to get them like a day or two after my stuff's gone. Dang it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Necessities are necessities. WarKitty, is your med situation sorted?
    ... that actually reminds me, I have to pick up my meds too. Hmm. Hopefully I remember tomorrow, I have a week's worth left but I usually remember to get them like a day or two after my stuff's gone. Dang it.
    Sadly my med situation seems to be that I'm going to grumble and pay cash price. Which isn't much different from the price I'd pay anyways, to be honest.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

By far the most ironic event in my life in recent years: I first came out offline because I thought I'd mistakenly come out to the choir, which included the girl I liked. (Bisexual, but context you'd have assumed just gay) But apparently none of them noticed.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Colossus in the Playground

By far the most ironic event in my life in recent years: I first came out offline because I thought I'd mistakenly come out to the choir, which included the girl I liked. (Bisexual, but context you'd have assumed just gay) But apparently none of them noticed.
    I hope this was a "...oh okay" style none of them noticed, and not a "wait you're GAY!?" style.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I hope this was a "...oh okay" style none of them noticed, and not a "wait you're GAY!?" style.
    As in it was nonverbal. It was at church choir and LGBT stuff came up. I'd been out about a month on Reddit, so I instinctively did a little wave so as to say, "Hi, yeah, that's me," not remembering none of them knew. Apparently no one had noticed.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

8. - Top - End - #1388

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Happy Buy Nothing Day to everyone!
    Well, I was going to buy a bunch of new LED lightbulbs online, but if you insist, I suppose I can wait the half hour I have of the day remaining after my Nephoo and getting the hopefully second to last batch of stuff back from the cleaning company from the house fire...

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    We managed to solder my old laptop back into life!

I'm actually having mixed feelings. I'm glad we got it working, but I was kind of hoping to have an excuse to buy a new laptop. I really can't justify buying a new laptop while I have one here that works just fine.
    That's neat you were able to accomplish it, though. What needed to be soldered?

As in it was nonverbal. It was at church choir and LGBT stuff came up. I'd been out about a month on Reddit, so I instinctively did a little wave so as to say, "Hi, yeah, that's me," not remembering none of them knew. Apparently no one had noticed.
    People pay both a lot more and a lot less attention to us and our bodies and what they're doing than we think. There's probably a kernel of wisdom buried somewhere in all of that.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2016-11-25 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Rawhide remember that time when you had to moderate the forums from a Wii?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

I got a Raspberry Pi from work for self-educational purposes. Since I live in a tiny room in a student corridor and don't watch films and tv-series, there aren't a great number of tasks for me to automate, so I'll have to get a bit creative with what to do with it. I'm thinking of combining it with my webcam to create some kind of automatic bird watcher, possibly including a little bit of machine learning for feature extraction and target tracking...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

We managed to solder my old laptop back into life!

I'm actually having mixed feelings. I'm glad we got it working, but I was kind of hoping to have an excuse to buy a new laptop. I really can't justify buying a new laptop while I have one here that works just fine.
    So, your laptop is still soldering on?

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Hey, Rawhide remember that time when you had to moderate the forums from a Wii?
    *mutters something about uptime*

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I got a Raspberry Pi from work for self-educational purposes. Since I live in a tiny room in a student corridor and don't watch films and tv-series, there aren't a great number of tasks for me to automate, so I'll have to get a bit creative with what to do with it. I'm thinking of combining it with my webcam to create some kind of automatic bird watcher, possibly including a little bit of machine learning for feature extraction and target tracking...
    Do you have a Nintendo 3DS? Failing that, do you have a wireless router which supports WPA2-Enterprise? I have some ideas.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ettin in the Playground

Turns out a wire in my laptop's power supply had become loose and wasn't transmitting power. Soldering it back to the power supply worked, but I'm not going to cancel my new laptop order just yet. It's being shipped to the store so I can just go in and get my money back even if it arrives early.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

I'm considering getting one to set up a Kindleberry as a sort of micro-laptop. Just need to figure out if it works for my old Kindle Touch or not - I wouldn't want to do it if I had to deal with a touch keyboard taking up half the screen all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Barbarian in the Playground

*wanders back in* Been a while, but I need a place to whine and complain at time warner for saying "are you pirating again?" -- woke up to find all my web pages were replaced with "a warning from time warner" accusing me of pirating and having to click "Accept" to get my internet access back. This is, according to them, the 5th warning. I'm not interested in music or the latest games at all. Why the hell would I pirate? I don't even go to torrents!

Maybe it was converting youtubes of some of my favorite nintendo music that did it? Maybe the converter I use is a "honeypot"...

In other news, http://www.freewebs.com/ihalon/modem.png -- can someone tell me why my power is so low and so many downstreams dead? The "Power" rating is usually 2. Not... in the negatives.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Do you have a Nintendo 3DS? Failing that, do you have a wireless router which supports WPA2-Enterprise? I have some ideas.
    Yes to the first, no to the seconds. Shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I'm considering getting one to set up a Kindleberry as a sort of micro-laptop. Just need to figure out if it works for my old Kindle Touch or not - I wouldn't want to do it if I had to deal with a touch keyboard taking up half the screen all the time.
    Yeah, as someone who don't mind lugging about my large-sized laptop with chargers and paraphernalia wherever I go, such portability projects aren't really up my alley, even though it's fun to connect two things which weren't supposed to be connected and then make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    *wanders back in* Been a while, but I need a place to whine and complain at time warner for saying "are you pirating again?" -- woke up to find all my web pages were replaced with "a warning from time warner" accusing me of pirating and having to click "Accept" to get my internet access back. This is, according to them, the 5th warning. I'm not interested in music or the latest games at all. Why the hell would I pirate? I don't even go to torrents!

Maybe it was converting youtubes of some of my favorite nintendo music that did it? Maybe the converter I use is a "honeypot"...
    That could be it, yes. And what do you mean by "honeypot".

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    In other news, http://www.freewebs.com/ihalon/modem.png -- can someone tell me why my power is so low and so many downstreams dead? The "Power" rating is usually 2. Not... in the negatives.
    Well, the bell scale (which decibel describes strides of one tenth of) is actually logarithmic (log10 to be precise), so a negative number isn't quite as strange as it is on a linear scale. If your power usually is 2 dBmV, then a power of -1 dBmV is half as much in absolute numbers (log10(2) ≈ 0.3). Why your power only is roughly half as much as usual, though, I can't say.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-11-26 at 09:46 PM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1396

Yes to the first, no to the seconds. Shoot!
    Well, if you live in an area where not a lot of people walk around with a Nintendo 3DS, it can be quite difficult getting StreetPasses. However, it is possible to set up a Raspberry Pi as a StreetPass relay. If you then cycle through the MAC addresses listed on that page, you can get one StreetPass hit from each of them every 8 hours.

The second idea was to set it up as a RADIUS server, then make accounts for people who will access the WiFi network, so everyone could have their own individual usernames and passwords.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

That could be it, yes. And what do you mean by "honeypot".
    A "honeypot" is a system that's set up intentionally with something that appears valuable, with the explicit purpose of catching people's information.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Well, a previous surge protector failed its fortitude save with a natural 1 recently while we were waiting for the power main to be replaced. Literally smoke and sparks and squawking and BOOM. The magic smoke from it woke me up when it happened with a flash of an electrical short. I was surprised the rest of the things on the protector (which was a decade old!) didn't die with it. My guess is the modem is partway fried and can't take as much power now.

As long as it works and my internet speed holds, I'm not touching it nor complaining. Much.

But I'm still gonna complain about Time Warner going "you 'might' be pirating stuff, stop that, you're not Haley." every so often.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if you live in an area where not a lot of people walk around with a Nintendo 3DS, it can be quite difficult getting StreetPasses. However, it is possible to set up a Raspberry Pi as a StreetPass relay. If you then cycle through the MAC addresses listed on that page, you can get one StreetPass hit from each of them every 8 hours.
    While a cool idea, I must say I personally find it a bit too close to cheating to be able to derive any enjoyment from it.

The second idea was to set it up as a RADIUS server, then make accounts for people who will access the WiFi network, so everyone could have their own individual usernames and passwords.
    That's a pretty nifty idea. I'll try to remember it for the day I move out from my miniscule room...

A "honeypot" is a system that's set up intentionally with something that appears valuable, with the explicit purpose of catching people's information.
    Yeah, I've mostly seen that used for unprotected computers set up in a network to detect hacking attempts, so I didn't quite know if there was some more general meaning to it...

ION:
    It's snowing (again, but the last time melted away)! The world is getting white and pretty, and I can't stop staring out my window! I told my parents I'd come over for dinner today, though, and it looks quite windy, so I'm not exactly sure how happy I'm about the idea to jump on my bicycle any longer...

Show

20. - Top - End - #1400

While a cool idea, I must say I personally find it a bit too close to cheating to be able to derive any enjoyment from it.
    Personally, I have to disagree with you there, but to each their own. StreetPass Relays were set up for the specific reason that people living in sparsely populated areas weren't getting anywhere near the number of StreetPass hits that people living in densely populated areas were.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I have to disagree with you there, but to each their own. StreetPass Relays were set up for the specific reason that people living in sparsely populated areas weren't getting anywhere near the number of StreetPass hits that people living in densely populated areas were.
    Ah, I see. Well, I live in a rather densely populated area, so there's that...

Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

Had a ladies' night with my friends night. Twas nice, we played Fiasco with a lovely christmas theme... my character was the sole reason why Santa got dementia and later made him believe he is a polar bear... Anyways.

We did some face mask shenanigans as we were at the sauna - my friend had made some concoction of her own. All organic ingredients! Hurp durp!

... my skin has began to break out and I feel like I'm having an allergic reaction to whatever was in that mask. I mean I've had a reaction like this before, where my skin completely dries. This reaction is not as bad as I've had for penicillin (that was super, super bad, honestly), but I'm trying to pry out information from my friend regarding what was in that goo. She's read my messages but hasn't bothered to respond. GOSH DANG IT WOMAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

23. - Top - End - #1403

Oh dear! Hope your face is alright, and that she gets back to you soon.

Sounds like it was really fun that aside though.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Shooters on Ohio State Campus. Cops got 'em, but still.

Sigh. Another one...

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't seen any wyrmhunds in a while.

Where are you Dimonite?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-11-28 at 01:16 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, apparently in the space of a week I've gone from being engaged to being single (an event me an the ex celebrated by making Christmas ornaments), finished my NaNo writing just under the wire, again, and may or may not be adopting a demon from a cute coworker who really needs to learn not to pick up creepy statues at midnight while attending certain spiritual retreats.

And I'm not actually making any of that up.

So that said, anyone know the proper way to seal off a possibly demonically possessed statue?
    Last edited by Foeofthelance; 2016-11-30 at 01:21 AM.
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

27. - Top - End - #1407

Quote Originally Posted by Foeofthelance View Post
    So, apparently in the space of a week I've gone from being engaged to being single (an event me an the ex celebrated by making Christmas ornaments), finished my NaNo writing just under the wire, again, and may or may not be adopting a demon from a cute coworker who really needs to learn not to pick up creepy statues at midnight while attending certain spiritual retreats.

And I'm not actually making any of that up.

So that said, anyone know the proper way to seal off a possibly demonically possessed statue?
    Split it in half and give have of it to your Not Wife. Wed her in unholy unmatrimony.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ettin in the Playground

Split it in half and give have of it to your Not Wife. Wed her in unholy unmatrimony.
    Matrinony?

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Firbolg in the Playground

Purge it with fire.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I don't know the proper way. But putting it in a seal enclosure at a zoo will probably have enough variety in the seals that one of them will surely be effective.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3