New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rappan Athuk - Pathfinder Gestalt Thread IC

"I'm no lady, Mister Saltwind," Lise sits down opposite the stranger and warms herself on the fire. When Mamori hops into her lap she gives him a cuddle and laughs "Silly sausage."

"Come on in, everyone, the fire's warm. Let's share our supplies with our host. What brings you here, Mister Saltwind? Adventure? Accident? Duty?" She gives the man an appraising look, judging his injuries and his privation. "Would you like a blanket, Mister Saltwind? I have one in my pack. Are you wounded? I can help if you like? I have some healing ability."
    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Assess his state of health with a Heal check (1d20+6)[9]
    Diplomacy to make him like us more (Aid another if someone else steps in). (1d20+1)[4]

EDIT: Or not.
    Last edited by hoverfrog; 2016-08-29 at 04:42 PM.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq motions briefly to the stonework, saying "Wouldn't want to redecorate this tomb. Could bring the roof down on us all." He then turned toward their host and grinned, adding "A fine choice in companions, those rats. Reminds me more and more of home, this place." He remains safely away from their host, yet close enough that if push came to shove he could do exactly what he advised to not do.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalleus approached the fire at the man's invitation, putting up his weapon and propping it on his shoulder as he dried off his dripping armor. "My name is Kalleus. Forgive my astonishment, but it surprises me to find anyone living here. Do the creatures outside not enter this, ah, building?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hectichermit View Post
    Trogdor approaches those who are idly standing by the door, as he stares down at Nino , Kip and Anzor "If you are enjoying the weather so much you might want to step inside before I close this door. You lot might as well fear your own shadows. Stone walls are safer then the open even if they look like these.
    "Then torture chambers and prisons are the safest place to be." Nino retorts as he follows the rest into the building, keeping a watchful eye even still. His paranoia starting to get the better of him after that little run in from before.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Kip
    You hear rats in the tombs. The number of people present is causing a fairly big ruckus which makes it difficult to overhear the majoriy of the squeaks but you can tell there are rats in more than one tomb, probably several rats scattered across half the tombs or more. The rats are not the smartest blades in the armory, but you get an idea they are hungry and hoping to find something to eat soon.

Trogdor
    You pick a random corner, that being closest to the entrance and the North-Western one to be sure you can see what is happening in the crypt.

Anzor
    Your companions are still loathe to be here but follow your orders at your pressing, albeit their sense of alarm and alert is ever pressing at the back of your head now, like a constant whispering of voices.

When you try to detect evil you find a world of dripping red awaiting you and flinch without realizing it: everything runs crimson, scarlet dances in your eyes, and something behind your eyes smarts, feeling like something vicious and tiny has found its way behind the eyes and is gnawing at the spot right between them. The sudden jolt makes you flinch. Your approach is halted but you do not entirely falter.

Malise

Marek shrugs. “You wouldn’t believe me if I told you: I certainly don’t,” he mutters before eyeing the pot and rolling his eyes. “Be happy to take anything you can spare. I’m not injured, but…” He trails off and looks first at Trogdor and then at Anzor, especially when the latter flinches. “Well, it's rude to say but your friends look eager to kill me so I’d appreciate any tools or potions you might spare.”

You have a feeling that despite your fumbling social attempt Marek appreciated it still. Maybe you social skills struck a nerve or found a hidden spot?

Tamoq
    Being an engineer who knows his things your survey finds a good spot: you sit on the surface of the second tomb on the south side from the fire. you have a good spot to move from it, a good place to run from, it is stable and you can move to a lot of places from it. And there are no openings for whatever lies in the tombs to try to sink its teeth in you, at least not instantly.

Kalleus
    Marek gives you a gesture that beckons you to stand closer to the fire as he answers. “Those doors were locked for a reason. I had a copy made by the Mechanist Guild. Thought it a decent trade…”

Marek then claps his hands at the sight of yet another person entering. "Is there an army coming? Should I run before more murderous people? I don't think my...err..." He takes another look in the pot, where anyone can see quasi-solid something frothing about with pieces of something fried bobbing. "Thing, will suffice for more than eight."
    This is my Important Voice For Important Things

This is My Caustic/Sarcastic Voice.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

"Anzor, nobody here is going to kill you," Lise tries to reassure him, "We're not the enemy and neither are you, right guys?"
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

After Trogdor finishes cleaning up he approaches the group around the fire. "Finally as rid of that muck, I cannot tell you having that stuff stick to you for an hour even in this weather feels awful." He looks at the trouble Marek "Don't worry about what ever you have cooking I prefer eating my own rations and I am not a barbarian you just need not give me a good cause to hurt you." Trogdor has on hand on his belt near his hammer and another has a handful of dried trail rations. "So how long have you been hold up here?"

Spoiler: Actions/OOC
    Show

Diplomacy: To make sure he understands that a good cause is reason enough both to be assured not to be kill at the moment or killed because of one
    (1d20+7)[11]

Last edited by Hectichermit; 2016-08-30 at 06:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hoverfrog View Post
    Anzor, nobody here is going to kill you," Lise tries to reassure him, "We're not the enemy and neither are you, right guys?]
    "Right, we've enough enemies about without making more for ourselves. And can the door still be locked back up properly, or did picking the lock break it?" Kalleus asked as he edged a little closer to the fire.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Nino had followed into the rest of the group, He was still on edge himself, rubbing at the wounds he got from not too long ago with a hand. "There should be no more guests out there." Nino holds up his whip, wrapping around his waist like a belt, before sitting down, and casting prestidigitation on his feet. "Evil Mud, it is everywhere..." His handy little spell cleaning up the mud they tracked in, while creating a refreshing scent of cinnamon to cover their sweat.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

As he drip dried and slowly warmed up from what heat licked at him, Tamoq pondered what to do or how to aid. After a few seconds he said "I have some wandermeal we can use with the stew. Something to help break up the hardtack would be greatly appreciated after all. I also could make some coffee, although I personally prefer something more bitter than the normal cups."
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

11. - Top - End - #221

AssassinGuy

Marek casts a look that is a mix of confusion and honest bafflement tinted by heavy dislike in the direction of
    Trogdor before focusing on the persons closer to him and starting by gesturing at the doors. "You...might be able to lock the doors , can't promise anything since they're not exactly new," Marek states while shrugging casually. "'M not a locksmith exactly. And yes, we could export this stuff to other countries: Bazdorian Mud, guaranteed to slow the enemy or half your money back!" Marek actually chuckles at that for a moment. It is a hollow voice, rather than a lively one, and then he picks out a small bag from the interior of his garments. It smells. "I've got something to spice the food here, nothing I'd serve the local king but we might make something out of it. How about it? My...thing and spices, and whatever you toss in?"

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

"I've trail rations for a fortnight. Whatever it is you have in the pot there, have you eaten it before?" Kalleus was now rather less suspicious of the hermit than the unknown contents of the pot.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Nino sighed a little. "If you are offering and not going to starve, I'll take a serving too.. I actually don't have much right now. Came out in a hurry. But I do have magic that can flavor it. "

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Solitaire, very aware of the skittering and the scuttling inside the building, keeps to the centre of the aisle. The way the mausoleum's single human occupant was talking about rats, apparently very hungry rats, was giving her the creeps.

"Anyone here got that useless wizard spell that dries and cleans clothes?"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

This creature had the stench of evil on him. Anzor was sure of it. However, even evil creatures may not necessarily be hostile. Perhaps they could maintain this detente long enough for them to get a little rest. In any event he knew that this would be no safe place to rest as long as this man was there.

He further knew he wanted nothing to do with that food he was offering. The others should be wary as well.

"What exactly is your... thing?" Anzor asked Marek.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Bluff to Convey Secret Message to others in the party: (1d20+8)[11]

Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

After finishing his meal and has relaxed a little after all the trouble getting here "Since we have found some semblance of shelter I will properly introduce myself. I am Trogdor Drongsson Priest of Ferrakus. I will make an prayer to my god for success on this venture and those who wish can join me." He puts down a stone shrine that looks like just a large stone with carved runes in it.

"o god ro ukavone agh zajar lighav avhe waausan shal avhe comaumn darkneukuk uko our hearavuk saib gimb avhe foraviavude avo overcome anausan burdenuk ro avhe moraval ukkin"

Show

Profession Priest: Just for the performance as a priest :p
    (1d20+3)[6]

btw since we havent technically been in combat I will be making all my posts in that language when we are in combat :D
    Last edited by Hectichermit; 2016-09-02 at 03:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

AssassinGuy

Marek rolls his eye at Kalleus before dumping the bag's contents in the thing along with the offered rations. "It's called a thing. You literally throw anything you have in it and see what you get. Unlike you rich folk who have the money and time to be picky us Bazdorians make do with what we have and if there's anything edible we consider that a good day," he answers, but with a heat in his voice that you cannot fail to notice; right as he speaks directly at Kalleus the latter half of his answer sees a distinct a rise in his voice along with a rapid motion in his hands that he does not seem to notice. "But tell you what. You go without, we eat all this, and we'll see how it goes. No skin off my nose."

Marek does not give so much as a look at either Anzor or Trogdor, instead looking around the persons settled by the fire to count them before starting to offer plates from his pack. The foodstuff itself looks orange-brown with something spicy-green on top. It is semi-solid and has chunks of something meat-like in it. It smells heavily spicy.

It tastes quite good though.

Spoiler: Trogdor
    Show
    As you make your priestly prayer you feel a... It feels like you stand on a threshold. On one hand you could try to connect with your deific patrons...and on the other hand you feel you could merely make this a wordy speech with no connection attempts. You really feel that you want to make a choice either way, and also that trying to do both, neither or even a hybrid would result in...consequences.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

Solitaire obviously didn't want to huddle around the fire, nor accept food from someone she didn't know. It was plain that all the tall, dark brown haired warrior priestess wanted to do was stay out of the rain for a while. It was just a hunch on her part, but he appeared to her to be the cheese in the trap, though if her hunch was correct the roles of trapper and trapped were reversed in this mausoleum.

So she watched Marek, trying to read his intentions. She didn't like that he spoke slippery like.

Sense Motive (1d20)[13]

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you, Anzor, this is delicious," Lise tucks into the meal, eating a little over half of it before giving the rest to her familiar, "What are your plans anyway? Do you want help getting out of here or finding your way further in to somewhere? What can you tell us about this place, dangers, residents, even allies that we might come across. We don't know much about what we might face while we're here although we're obviously being quite cautious."

"We've heard stories. The history of this place is...colourful but reading about a place is no substitute for first hand experience."
    Show
    What do I know about the history about this building or this place?

Knowledge (History) (1d20+15)[33]
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq gives a slight bow when he both hands over the hard tack and when he takes some of the stew in his wooden bowl. He looks between his companions and says to no one in particular "It's been a while since I've had something so spicy." Then directing his speech at their host he continues "Thank you for the food. I know it's difficult to travel and have something as good as what you've offered us here tonight." As he eats he takes in a bit more than a normal ratfolk would, something slightly shifting under the cloak on his back as Nibbles absorbs a portion of each bite while remaining safe in such a dreary place.
    New job, who dis?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalleus grit his teeth through the hermit's tirade, and fought down the urge to start shouting back. He just held up his hands in a conciliatory gesture, and said "as you wish. Some of us, including me, are still jumpy after what we've encountered out there. So I apologize if I've offended. But let's not shout in here, please, there's no call for it and this," he waved at the tombs, "is no place for it."

Spoiler
    Show

Trying to get Marek to calm down.

Diplomacy: (1d20+8)[11]

22. - Top - End - #232

AssassinGuy

Marek looks at his food for a moment before putting it back in the pot and instead opens his waterskin, sighing. "Questions questions question, I'm practically a tour guide tonight... "

Solitaire

You would not go so far as to swear it, but you get a feeling about this Merik. Perhaps it is a hunch or doubt but you do not feel that you can trust him all that much. Then again the group has antagonized him rather successfully, and you know tired people are easily riled up.

Lise

The food is warm, good and solid enough to be filling.

Spoiler: Site
    Show
    Rappan Athuk is home to no one but the dead. No one who ever went to plunder its depths survived to tell tale of what lies at its deepest bowels. A great number of people have tried, and even more have gone unnoticed between those who were written down. That number, you know, includes an entire army laying siege to it. Finally, you know that it has never been conquered, and through the bloody history of Bazdoria there has yet to be a single ruler who could say they made Rappan Athuk bow.
    :

Spoiler: Crypt
    Show
    Crypts like these are historically the burial site for or persons of note as there is limited space and not too many people could be fitted in here. Thus you can conclude that this is something of an important place but it is likely too old not to have been ransacked thoroughly enough that nothing of woth remains, since usually the dead have quite decorated graves and things of value are often buried with them. The grisly decorations also tell you these persons were not the best folks, so for all you know they were undead guardians, or worse, and someone cleaned them up at some point.
    :

At hearing so many questions Marek looks at his food for a moment before putting it back in the pot and instead digs out a waterskin for a long drink and, sighing heavily, begins. "Questions questions question, I'm practically a tour guide tonight... But sure.

He first looks to Malise. “I’m staying the night here. I don’t fancy heading in the rain. My gear is good enough but it’s not a Greencloak.” A pause. ”I’m looking for a specific grave here, and checking the other crypt…maybe tomorrow if the weather lets up.”A pause again as he rolls his eyes at the entrance where you spy rain coming down heavily. “Locals in here are mostly undead, obviously,but they focus in the grave clusters… And there is the occasional big monster that crawls out of the dirt. of course. Maybe the occasional rat too. You’re not going to find too many friendlies here, unless you’re really good frends with the undead? I have’t met other kinds."A wry smile breaks on Marek’s face when he considers the question of guides and locals. Yeah, guides will get you here but beyond the edge, you’re hard-pressed to find someone who takes your coin.” And then he snickers. "Colorful? That’s…Well, one way to put it.”

Having answered Malise the man looks to Tamoq and, once his hollow eyes zero in on the engineer, he nods curtly. “Spice is there to give it taste. I don't think you prefer the taste of salt, or socks. Happy to share though, company is rare in these parts..”

That said he looks over to Kalleus. “Accepted. Wasn’t yelling though.” In a more quiet voice he mutters: “You do not want to hear how a Saltwind yells.”

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

After his prayer and a minute of quite meditation Trogdor moves over to those standing at the door "Before night approaches I suggest you find the courage to close this thing. We do not know how long the day has gone in this storm and we might be better off securing that door before night fall. Less we all here wish to venture back out to find another place to hold up till then? I will take a close look at this place for now since there is no immediate threats."

Show

Assuming that there are 8 crypts Trogdor will like to search each one, around them and carefully search around the room

Perception: Checks for searching around a crypt,
    (1d20+5)[24]

Strength Check to open a crypt if one is sealed, +2 with crowbar to open things
    (1d20+6)[17]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think this is as good a place to sleep as any," Anzor said politely, "Unless Mr. Saltwind would rather not share his shelter, in which case we can find another place."

Anzor walked over to the door and stooped down to pet Platt and said, "Come on boy, its ok, come on inside, let's be dry."

He reassured his familiar as well and took out some food for both of them - and himself - and began to eat.
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2016-09-06 at 01:46 PM.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalleus nodded, "agreed. We're safer from prying eyes in here than out in the open, where there's no cover. We can use the door for a choke point whether we're attacked from outside or in."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq nods at the comment directed at him, enjoying the change of flavor for a few more seconds as his companions speak. Then, with a shrug, he says "Unless anyone has an objection I don't see why we can't travel with you to this other crypt and grave. I know I always preferred the larger caravans with more guards. At the very least it's a welcome change from hardtack and rain." He ate the rest of his food, using his wandermeal to mop up every last drop of liquid and leave it clean enough.
    New job, who dis?

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

"That's right, Anzor," Lise turns back to Marek Saltwind, "I know that this shelter is yours, Mister Saltwind, but we can protect one another. It'll give us all a chance to sleep too while someone watches our backs. This place hardly has a reputation for hospitality so we're left with what we bring with us."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238

AssassinGuy

Marek looks your group over with a visible conflict on his features, which is still lesser compared to the yearning he is visibly holding for his cozy fire, but when he spies Trogdor pulling out a crowbar and approaching one of the tombs the man practically jumps to his feet on the ground and flails his hand in a flurry of frenzied motions.

"Hey hey hey NONONONONO! You open that lid and we're done!" Marek shouts in a loud that fills the crypt like a boom of thunder. "Godsdamn burglaring sonu-" Whatever it is Marek would say is stifled when he bites down on it and looks at Malise close by, but then he points at Trogdor with an accusing pointing finger. "Graverobbing charlatan, you get those thief-extensions away from that lid!"

Position yourselves on the map. Something may or may not to happen due to Trogdor's action.
    Last edited by Ruess; 2016-09-07 at 11:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

"Trogdor, stop!" Lise shouts, "Marek knows something about these tombs. They're obviously dangerous. Just come and join us by the fire. We don't want to cause any trouble for our host." She points to him and summons four floating lanterns with her magic that moves towards him. The glowing shapes shine light around it, illuminating exactly what he is doing.
    Show
    Cast Dancing Lights
    Diplomacy to calm Marek down (1d20+1)[6]
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalleus had sunk back into quiet contemplation when a new commotion started. "Better do as he says. Last thing we need is to go looking for more trouble." He rushed up behind Trogdor with his weapon at the ready, as though some apparition was poised to spring from the cracked coffin lid.