New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Goblin Camp

"I would consider that it was your camp that appeared out of no where."
    TTN points out, looking over the little demi-humans with curiosity. Of course, given her literal steely expression, her curiosity is hidden. "I was slumbering beneath this ground for over a century. We have come here in trade." She states.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Camp]

"You must've been sleeping soundly, then. We arrived here a while ago," the red-robed goblin says. "That is our ship, yes. We're an expedition from Sundermount Colony. I am Factor Gazrik the Fourth, its leader. But..." he peers at Will. "If she slept here, where'd you come from? You don't look like the elves who inhabit these islands."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Camp

Will looks unenthusiastic to talk about it.
    "I'm from Skyside, but I spent the last year at the Spire with the Ethereals. They promised me a new body without any missing limbs but they never delivered so I left, and got sent her magically." he explains, wiggling his stump of an arm.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #574
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Leaving a Waterfall

"...I will be sure to keep that in mind."
    Sorrow says dryly, wondering if perhaps such large lizards were real or if they were merely a figment of her drunkard companion's boozed imagination. "However, it does not solve your plight. I only have so much fuel in my jump pack, so I cannot carry us the distance the letter requires. Thus, we find ourselves walking." Unless Faithel has any other objections or the traitorous drake decides to show up, the Sororitas leads the way, cradling her boltgun in her arms as she walks with a purpose to her steps.
    Leaving a Waterfall

Faithel doesn't protest and just tags along half-heartily, gazing at the skies around them. But as they've been walking for about a half-hour she suddenly springs into action. "Aha! The traitor!" She points at the sky where Sorrow probably will notice a creature flying about, it is coming from the same direction as them, and it appears to be looking for something, spotting them at the same time as they spot it.

Faithel shakes her fist at the skies. "Damn treacherous lizard, where were you?!"

The creature suddenly stops mid-flight and peers down at the, to it, little draenei. "Oh, you're drunk." It states flatly, in a deep masculine voice. It doesn't appear very surprised.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-03-15 at 01:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Camp]

"Oh, those freaks," the Factor says. "We've been avoiding them, and judging by how they've dealt with you, we were right. You're lucky to have run into us, rather than the locals. They're not the most understanding sort."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Camp

Will gives a nervous smile.
    "Well, that's good. Does that mean you're willing to help us, then?" he asks tentatively.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside]

The flabbidy cringes as Anchor grabs him and shudders all over. There. At least the deed is done.

He makes a choked, irritated sound and looks to the east. "I think he's gone that way."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #578

[Beachside]

"Aha! The east! Then that's the direction where we are going and, uh..." Zhareen says before she appear to realize something. "However, not to, dismiss your abilities, great demon, but could you perhaps point our where he lives on a map instead? That'd be very convenient as I was following one to this place." She picks out a nexus map from her satchel and shows it to him.
    Apparently Rein should be at Mallside right now.

[The Crystal Apex]

At the very top of seaside, far north from the habitable islands to the south, lies the crystal apex, a enormous glacier of everlasting ice surrounded a wasteland of snow and ice water.
    Here, at the very spine of the world a enormous black structure have somehow been set up, resting upon the very top of the glacier. The ice have started to crack underneath its weigh, yet it remains unbroken.
    For months magical trinkets brought here from raided tombs and villages all across seaside, but for what end, no one could tell as the very existence of this temple is unknown, only suggested by the major demonic presence that have raiding seaside villages lately.
    For whatever dark purpose, the demons appear to be gathering magical items from seaside.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"Mister Squiggles found a large concentration of demons around these waters lately." Ilpholin explains to Wenomir and Kal as she steps onto the docks and the scene. "Either they're looking for something or they're guarding something. Or maybe they're drawn here via some compulsion. We're here to find out and thin the herd. So I've rented us a boat for the day."

It's a moderately sized one at that, large enough to safely carry three to four times the number here. A skeleton smoking a cigar and clothed in a purple admiral's outfit seems to be impassively waiting for them to board. Presumably his job is to pilot the ship around where they want but he doesn't seem inclined to introduce himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"Thinning out the herd and finding things out are both welcome," Wenomir says. In keeping with this mission's being unofficial, he's not wearing his Vigil tabard over his chain shirt. But he's fully armed and ready. "More the second one, admittedly. Those bastards replenish their ranks really fast."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"They may replenish fast, but there's no reason to not make them have a hell of a time doing it," says Kal.

Unlike Wenomir, the change in his wardrobe for this event is far more drastic. For the first time in either of them have seen him, he's wearing armor in the form of a plain black breastplate over dark red clothes - the diabolical heraldry that had once graced the armor having been carefully polished off and painted over with a fresh layer of enamel, sanded to a matte finish. He's armed himself today with a ranseur, the head currently covered to protect the delicate silvered edge, though a hell iron short-sword-and-dagger combo also graces his hip.

Demon hunting is serious business.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-03-22 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Ilpholin seems to have not changed her outfit in the least, sticking with that officer's uniform and purple cape. They might note a silver dagger hidden here or there, but she doesn't seem particularly armed either. Surely she doesn't intend to take up fisticuffs.

The nymph does take a moment to look over Kal, taking in the oddity of a fresh appearance from the tiefling. One nod of approval later, she continues. "I guess we'll just have to deplete them faster. There's supposed to be a village a few miles from here that was recently attacked by them. We're going to head there first and try to pick up their trail." Turning, she steps up the ramp onto the boat.

The captain of the boat will set about making sure everyone's on board and all's green before casting off and setting sail in that direction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Wenomir does take note of Ilpholin's seeming lack of weapons. Well, they're all warriors here in this boat, and they've got a ways to go. Might as well talk shop.

"What happened to your whip?" he asks. "Did you respecialize?"

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Kal nods, leaning on the railing of the boat as Wenomir and Ilpholin converse, assuming they're on the deck.

Hmm, maybe he could convince one of them to re-enact that one scene from Titanic at some point. Not the scene where the boat sinks and everyone dies, the other one.

15. - Top - End - #585

[Demon Season]

As the boat steers across the ocean blues, the weather couldn't be better, there is not a cloud in sight and the great beast that is the ocean seem to slumber in the midday sun. Yet in the distance the group might note how with a sudden flash a hole opens up in the sky far in the distance over a nearby island. Then with a mighty roar, that even can be heard from the distance, what appears to be a comet emerges from the hole and crash into the island below, shortly before the hole close once again.

It wasn't the island they were going to, but its nearby, and that comet is likely related to demonic activity.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Maybe Kal could, but Ilpholin's never been that good at painting and there's no couch for Wenomir to lie down on.

Ilpholin quirks an eyebrow at Wenomir. "Respecialize? What, like click a button and forget a lifetime of training to suddenly get godly at using a hammer? No." That's just silly. "Though I have been cross-training lately. Partially because my whip was stolen by that damned cat burglar." The one true cat burglar in fact, not that phony human. Though ironically that phony is where the whip ended up anyways.

"I-" Ilpholin is interrupted by a roaring comet crash. "Damn. Hey! Turn us that way!" She points to where the comet landed. The captain doesn't look terribly thrilled about heading towards a place where apparently the sky can rip open and drop a rock on his boat at any second, but obliges and steers them towards the crash site. They should arrive next post.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Now that he thinks about it, Wenomir does remember seeing Ilpholin's whip on that auction way back. His next question is interrupted by the comet, though. He stands up and peers into the distance.

"Do you think someone might be expecting us? Feels awfully well-timed to be a coincidence."

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Leaving a Waterfall

Faithel doesn't protest and just tags along half-heartily, gazing at the skies around them. But as they've been walking for about a half-hour she suddenly springs into action. "Aha! The traitor!" She points at the sky where Sorrow probably will notice a creature flying about, it is coming from the same direction as them, and it appears to be looking for something, spotting them at the same time as they spot it.

Faithel shakes her fist at the skies. "Damn treacherous lizard, where were you?!"

The creature suddenly stops mid-flight and peers down at the, to it, little draenei. "Oh, you're drunk." It states flatly, in a deep masculine voice. It doesn't appear very surprised.
    Leaving a Waterfall

Sorrow's boltgun raises as soon as the presence makes itself known, but she keeps herself in check long enough to put it down again when it speaks. Despite her obvious unease about being so close to a large talking beast, she seems to be trying to take it all in stride. "I find it likely that Faithel is never merely drunk. To her, it is a state of being. We can all only hope to achieve such some day." She says dryly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Goblin Camp]

"Oh, those freaks," the Factor says. "We've been avoiding them, and judging by how they've dealt with you, we were right. You're lucky to have run into us, rather than the locals. They're not the most understanding sort."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Goblin Camp

Will gives a nervous smile.
    "Well, that's good. Does that mean you're willing to help us, then?" he asks tentatively.
    Goblin Camp

Titania holds up a hand, attempting to interrupt Will. "Hold on. Who are the locals and what are they like?" TTN asks. "Why are they not so friendly and what are they armed with?"

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Camp]

"They're elves," says the Factor. The tone of his voice makes it clear how he feels about them.

"Big elves," says the female goblin with a skull-hood.

"With big swords, fast boats and fire magic," says another goblin, in heavy splint armour and holding a helmet under his shoulder. "They've given us a lot of trouble."

"As for help, kid... well, what do you need? We can get you off those islands when we're ready to go ourselves, whenever that happens."

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Camp

Will has to stop and think, because he wasn't really thinking of anything besides getting to some real place to live.
    "Well, getting off is a good place to start. I packed the essentials so I'll probably be able to live and find a job once I get to a town or a city. Uh, unless you got something for missing arms that's all I can think of." he says as his eyes trail down to the Factor's metal fingers.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"If they're expecting us, does it matter?" Kal asks. "What's our policy on traps, and why is it walking directly into them?"

22. - Top - End - #592

[Demon Season]

As they are coming closer, they can see that every palm-tree on the island that they are traveling towards have been bent against what appears to be a crater in the middle of the island. There are also figures moving all about the island, but they are not yet close enough to properly make them out. It is clear that there are things going on there however.

Leaving a Waterfall

The flying creature lands before them and lets out a bellowing chuckle. "So you've already been accompanied to her, stranger." It closes its eyes and bow down its long neck and head. "I am Belfas, son of Mordenai, and you must be who've saved my poor excuse of a master. This makes us allies." The creature seem to be attempting to smile... or threaten her with its sharp teeth. It is hard to tell the difference.

"Allies, my ass, where were you, Belfas?! I was trapped in there for... a long time!" The draenei exclaims, pointing accusingly at this flying lizard.

"Lady, you were the one who ordered me to chase down the traitors, don't you remember? You said that you would be able to get out on your own."

"Wh-" Faithel blinks, staring back at 'Belfas'. "T-that doesn't sound... maybe." She scratches her head. "We should, uh, probably get going..." She seem to be blushing profoundly.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"I can't imagine they were expecting us in particular. Maybe they were just waiting for anyone. If you think they're that lonely."

Ilpholin moves to open up the box of generic ship supplies and pulls out a pair of binoculars. Training them at the shore, she tries to determine what's going on over there.

"As for traps, I'd prefer not to trigger them. There's always other targets. If they're prepared for us to throw a punch, kick them in the knee instead. I just have a hard time believing this is a trap." They haven't made a big enough splash yet to be worth ambushing. Well she hasn't. Wenomir probably has. And Ilpholin doesn't really know what Kal's been up to. Huh. Maybe this is a trap.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #594

[Demon Season]

Ilpholin, and anyone else using binoculars or other sight enhancements, can see that there is indeed demons moving about on the island. Several large hounds are emerging from the sea unto the beach and there are a couple of colorful golems made completely out what appears to be made out of coral. However, before she can make out more details, she, and whoever else that can see the island, will notice that the demons are fighting one another.
    It is a all out war between them on the island as the hounds are tearing one another part, showing the sands with black blood as the slower golems make their way to join the battle. From what an observer might be able to tell, there is one group of demons coming from the water, the attackers, and one group coming from the jungle on the island, the defenders.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-01 at 05:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Wenomir takes another pair of binoculars and peers at the island.

"They're fighting each other," he observes. "I'm not surprised. They've apparently got a lot of factions among them. They united to attack Vigil, but seems it couldn't last."

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Goblin Camp]

"They're elves," says the Factor. The tone of his voice makes it clear how he feels about them.

"Big elves," says the female goblin with a skull-hood.

"With big swords, fast boats and fire magic," says another goblin, in heavy splint armour and holding a helmet under his shoulder. "They've given us a lot of trouble."

"As for help, kid... well, what do you need? We can get you off those islands when we're ready to go ourselves, whenever that happens."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Goblin Camp

Will has to stop and think, because he wasn't really thinking of anything besides getting to some real place to live.
    "Well, getting off is a good place to start. I packed the essentials so I'll probably be able to live and find a job once I get to a town or a city. Uh, unless you got something for missing arms that's all I can think of." he says as his eyes trail down to the Factor's metal fingers.
    Goblin Camp

"And if we get rid of the elves one way or another you'll get us off this island?"
    TTN asks after a tenth of a second of thought. Fire and swords should easily be handled by her chassis and shielding. If it didn't, then there were far greater worries than her own safety. "Sir?" She asks, turning to look down at William. "If you would permit it, I require a systems run regardless. This would be an opportune moment to try out this body's capabilities."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Leaving a Waterfall

The flying creature lands before them and lets out a bellowing chuckle. "So you've already been accompanied to her, stranger." It closes its eyes and bow down its long neck and head. "I am Belfas, son of Mordenai, and you must be who've saved my poor excuse of a master. This makes us allies." The creature seem to be attempting to smile... or threaten her with its sharp teeth. It is hard to tell the difference.

"Allies, my ass, where were you, Belfas?! I was trapped in there for... a long time!" The draenei exclaims, pointing accusingly at this flying lizard.

"Lady, you were the one who ordered me to chase down the traitors, don't you remember? You said that you would be able to get out on your own."

"Wh-" Faithel blinks, staring back at 'Belfas'. "T-that doesn't sound... maybe." She scratches her head. "We should, uh, probably get going..." She seem to be blushing profoundly.
    Leaving a Waterfall

Sorrow stares up at the drake blankly for a few moments, her helm hiding her expression before she turns to Faithel. "Sounds like her." She admits as she lets go of her bolter to let it swing down and rest at her side. "If you were to carry us in that direction, we should encounter a fortress in the course of a few hours if your speed is appropriate enough. We should keep an eye out on a small battlefield as well though don't worry if you cannot find it. There would have been just two combatants." She explains, pointing in the direction they had been heading before bending down to try and scoop the Drenai up in her arms. "No time for blushing like a maiden on her night of Oaths. We have a fortress to find and treasure to gain."

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Camp]

The goblins all look at each other.

"Funny you should ask," the Factor says. "Artificial limbs, or even bodies, is why we're here. Those savages prevent us from getting what we need for them."

"Unless we can come up with a substitute," the blight doctor points out. "I've got a few ideas if you want-"

"This kid really doesn't look like he could survive your 'substitute'," the sergeant points out.

"If your metal friend is willing to help us with those pointy-eared belligerents, we could work out a deal."

"I will need a blood sample, though. The potions I use to make the body accept the graft are all made for goblins. You topsiders keel over after the smallest dose of gremlin... I think it's liver."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Camp

Will looks from the goblins to TTN warily, and then after thinking gives a heavy sigh. He wants to be excited, but this is a very uncomfortable situation.
    "Alright, Titania. You can give them a scare. I can't ask you to kill people, not even for my arm back.
    Is there a syringe in the bag I could use for blood?"
    he asks her.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-04-06 at 06:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Kal didn't take any binoculars, trusting Ilpholin and Wenomir to have good enough scouting for the moment.

"So what's our plan? Let them at it and pick off the stragglers? Go in now and get everyone at once?"

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"Personally, I vote we let the flounds and colems fight it out and we swoop in on what's left. It'll make it harder for any of them to escape." Ilpholin frowns a little as she momentarily lowers the binoculars. "It'd be a pain if we have to take this underwater though. But that is where half of them are coming from, so..." Time to start considering alternatives to holding one's breath.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast