New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure; Part I: We're Lacking Poses!

Ah, "JoJo". The perfect mix of cheesiness and awesomeness.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I thought this week WAS the last one? I heard there were 38 episodes.
    Nope, 39. This week's episode literally ends with "next time on Jojo" and then the next episode title and number.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    True. Part 6 also tends to be good on that front.
    Well I mean it DOES take place in the woman's half of a unisex prison complex

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well I loved today's episode. Fully looking forward to the final one.

So I've decided to start reading part 5, and is it just me or does the writing just keep getting better? Finally a GioGio who might be able to give Joseph a run for his money if this characterisation continues. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
    It does help that the fan translations got better for part 5 as well, mind you. But yeah, GioGio has some great characterization.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

I hadn't watched the episode when I posted that (or still yet, in fact), so I couldn't have known from that.

4. - Top - End - #364

I hadn't watched the episode when I posted that (or still yet, in fact), so I couldn't have known from that.
    Okay. Nothing wrong with that.

5. - Top - End - #365

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Well I mean it DOES take place in the woman's half of a unisex prison complex
    And yet, the main party still has more men than women. :-P

6. - Top - End - #366

And yet, the main party still has more men than women. :-P
    To be fair that's because Araki realized drawing a woman with a fishnet top but no actual shirt probably wouldn't actually work.

Spoiler
    Show
    I still kinda want Annasui to be a girl, but NOTHING to change about her personality. JolynexGirlasui for life.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is the next DiU episode going to be the duwang gang punching kira non stop for 30 minutes? can't wait for it.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Is the next DiU episode going to be the duwang gang punching kira non stop for 30 minutes? can't wait for it.
    Sorta! It's also going to technically be the first chapter of Vento Aureuo (more correctly, the final chapter of DIUB leads directly into the next arc, Golden Wind).

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by VariSami View Post
    So, here is something I just realised about Diamond is Unbreakable and JoJolion:

Spoiler
    Show
    I had been taking the rock people in JoJolion to be a reference to the pillar men from Battle Tendency. However, I was recently reminded of the existence of Angelo and the nature of his being after the fight with Jotaro. Of course, it might well be that the rock people are a reference to both the pillar men and Angelo rock, but do others think that a connection exists there? A quick search revealed nothing, at least.
    I... actually -NEVER- drew that conclusion before. I honestly don't know why I hadn't considered it before.

Spoiler: Part 6 Spoilers
    Show
    That said, I think the connection made from Part 3 about what happens in part 6 might also be grasping at straws, so while this theory sounds more interesting, I think Angelo and his (HORRIFIC) fate were just a one note thing to help demonstrate Josuke's abilities.

Heh. You're now the second person I know who played that game on an actual arcade, and funnily enough, both of you did without knowing about "JoJo". Well, my friend still doesn't, but I'm gushing so much about the show, I think I'll convince him to give it a try. :-P
    No one is allowed to play Iggy or Petshop. Holy crap they're so busted.

Spoiler: Part 3 Bit
    Show
    Alexi's super in the Arcade made me sad when I saw/read it again that he never fought Joseph. Such wasted potential there...

But yeah, "JoJo" doesn't have a great track record with female characters, overall.
    Jojo's cringeworthy moments make it hard to recommend to all of my friends, despite my trying to so much... how many of them are there at this point? I mean, it's almost entirely overrun by all of the moments that are amazing, hilarious, fantastic, or both, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    So I've decided to start reading part 5, and is it just me or does the writing just keep getting better? Finally a GioGio who might be able to give Joseph a run for his money if this characterisation continues. Looking forward to seeing how this develops.
    I'm under the assumption that Giorno might be the best Jojo. If only because of the stuff he can do with his power letting him back up his crazy awesomeness. I really only love Jotaro more because he's hawt the coolest Jojo, arguably.

Sorta! It's also going to technically be the first chapter of Vento Aureuo (more correctly, the final chapter of DIUB leads directly into the next arc, Golden Wind).
    Do you know if it's going to go straight into Golden Wind? I swear I remember pauses in air time before Diamond is Not Crash started being animated, at least. And looking it up, if accurate there was one between Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders...

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Jojo's cringeworthy moments make it hard to recommend to all of my friends, despite my trying to so much... how many of them are there at this point? I mean, it's almost entirely overrun by all of the moments that are amazing, hilarious, fantastic, or both, but still.

Do you know if it's going to go straight into Golden Wind? I swear I remember pauses in air time before Diamond is Not Crash started being animated, at least. And looking it up, if accurate there was one between Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders...
    I'd personally count two, Polnareff's fight with Alessi and the fight against Death 13. More if you like dogs, or really animals of any kind.

I imagine it's going to wait until next season for Golden Wind to start, but the last episode of DIUB is literally "Goodbye Morioh cho - The Golden Heart" so we're at least going to get teased about it a little.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

I'm under the assumption that Giorno might be the best Jojo. If only because of the stuff he can do with his power letting him back up his crazy awesomeness. I really only love Jotaro more because he's hawt the coolest Jojo, arguably.
    I can't speak to Giorno, knowing little about his character (just that his power becomes broken later on), but I can't really see how Jotaro could be ANYONE'S favorite JoJo. Stardust Crusaders actually turned me off the manga originally because it went from the witty, lucky as hell, fun character of Joseph to a piece of cardboard with muscles. It felt like such a huge step backwards after Battle Tendency redeemed Jonathan being far and away the least interesting character in Phantom Blood.

Like 70% of Jotaro's total spoken dialogue in that arc were in the last two episodes of the anime.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'd personally count two, Polnareff's fight with Alessi and the fight against Death 13. More if you like dogs, or really animals of any kind.
    Jesus Christ the Dogs in this show. I meant to ask if it's possible that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is what codified the "Kick the Dog" trope...

Spoiler: Part 3 Spoilers
    Show
    I also wonder if my friend will realize that, since Iggy's a Dog, he's even more screwed than he thought Avdol was.

As for Cringiness, I wonder if I'm the only person who find the boys teasing Erina at the start of the series to enjoy the idea of stripping a doll more than too much...

I imagine it's going to wait until next season for Golden Wind to start, but the last episode of DIUB is literally "Goodbye Morioh cho - The Golden Heart" so we're at least going to get teased about it a little.
    Ah. I thought you knew outright that we were going to only have to wait until the next Friday for more Jojo. That would have been a Christmas Miracle...

...Jojo needs a Christmas Episode in the future. Santa with Stand Powers would be the best.

I can't speak to Giorno, knowing little about his character (just that his power becomes broken later on), but I can't really see how Jotaro could be ANYONE'S favorite JoJo. Stardust Crusaders actually turned me off the manga originally because it went from the witty, lucky as hell, fun character of Joseph to a piece of cardboard with muscles. It felt like such a huge step backwards after Battle Tendency redeemed Jonathan being far and away the least interesting character in Phantom Blood.

Like 70% of Jotaro's total spoken dialogue in that arc were in the last two episodes of the anime.
    What part of "he's hawt" isn't clear? In all seriousness, I know he's only slightly above Jonathan in having the most boring personality of the Joestar Bloodline. It's really because of his Wolverine Publicity that he's used as much as he is, I suspect. Like, it's a very close race for me between him, Josuke, and Giorno. And it's probably because he was my first Jojo that I hold such a candle for him.

Spoiler: Part 3's OVa
    Show
    At the same time, my first impressions of him were him inhaling a Kaiju, out bluffing a gambler in the greatest duel of all time (Yugioh eat your ****ing heart out), and walking out of the explosions caused having an Oil Tanker dropped on his head. Can you blame me for enjoying him so much as my 1st Jojo?

13. - Top - End - #373

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Part 3's OVa
    Show
    At the same time, my first impressions of him were him inhaling a Kaiju, out bluffing a gambler in the greatest duel of all time (Yugioh eat your ****ing heart out), and walking out of the explosions caused having an Oil Tanker dropped on his head. Can you blame me for enjoying him so much as my 1st Jojo?
    Not at all. Jotaro is more than just the fusion of the Man With no Name with Kenshiro, after all. He's not as fun as Joseph, of course - but then again, who is (although Josuke comes the closest of all the JoJos, I'd say)?
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2016-12-18 at 06:28 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374

The final episode is here!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops I was wrong about what Heart of Gold was. Can you blame me considering how long it's been since I've read the manga and given the quality OF the translation of Part 4?

That said, it's over! Kira is killed, and torn into pieces and sent to hell. Reimi ascends to the afterlife happy, and everyone's lives move on. So ends our time in this crazy, noisy bizarre town.

See you all next year for Italy.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not at all. Jotaro is more than just the fusion of the Man With no Name with Kenshiro, after all. He's not as fun as Joseph, of course - but then again, who is (although Josuke comes the closest of all the JoJos, I'd say)?
    Josuke and Giogio both give Both Joseph's a decent challenge in the "Most Fun Jojo" department, in my book.

Spoiler: Part 5
    Show
    I absolutely -RELISH- the opportunity to tell people, when they ask me about Jojo, "This is the book where a dude turns his teeth into Jellyfish to not-drink Pee, or turn's someone's Banana into a Gun for his last meal".

God, I hope to see part 5 in a few years. I'd love that so much.

The final episode is here!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops I was wrong about what Heart of Gold was. Can you blame me considering how long it's been since I've read the manga and given the quality OF the translation of Part 4?

That said, it's over! Kira is killed, and torn into pieces and sent to hell. Reimi ascends to the afterlife happy, and everyone's lives move on. So ends our time in this crazy, noisy bizarre town.

See you all next year for Italy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Holy ****, that millisecond shot of his neck snapping. That was some brutal ****. That was arguably worse than the hands tearing him and his Stand apart.

AND YES! DEAR GOD YES! THEY KEPT IN THAT HE GOT A BONER! I SO NEEDED TO HEAR THAT!

I was having the worst day at work -ever- yesterday, between cutting my hand open and being involved in an incident that injured another employee, and though neither was directly my fault, I've emotionally been -suffering-. Jojo Friday was just what I needed!

...and now I'm going to have this massive hole in my heart until Part 5 starts being animated.... I guess I can catch up on parts 7 and 8 if I can find them, but seeing everything moving in action was somehow even better than just reading it... I wonder if there's anything else I can watch that's as fun and as ridiculous... I've been told Keijo!!!!!!!! was interesting, but it appears to be that one DOAX minigame...

16. - Top - End - #376

SwashbucklerGuy

Josuke and Giogio both give Both Joseph's a decent challenge in the "Most Fun Jojo" department, in my book.
    Giorno? I don't know. He plays well off others, but I wouldn't say he's "fun" on his own.
    And yeah, I can't wait for Part 5's anime either! Bucciaratti and Mista - especially Mista - are so awesome!

17. - Top - End - #377

Spoiler: Part 5
    Show
    I absolutely -RELISH- the opportunity to tell people, when they ask me about Jojo, "This is the book where a dude turns his teeth into Jellyfish to not-drink Pee, or turn's someone's Banana into a Gun for his last meal".

God, I hope to see part 5 in a few years. I'd love that so much.

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy ****, that millisecond shot of his neck snapping. That was some brutal ****. That was arguably worse than the hands tearing him and his Stand apart.

AND YES! DEAR GOD YES! THEY KEPT IN THAT HE GOT A BONER! I SO NEEDED TO HEAR THAT!

I was having the worst day at work -ever- yesterday, between cutting my hand open and being involved in an incident that injured another employee, and though neither was directly my fault, I've emotionally been -suffering-. Jojo Friday was just what I needed!

...and now I'm going to have this massive hole in my heart until Part 5 starts being animated.... I guess I can catch up on parts 7 and 8 if I can find them, but seeing everything moving in action was somehow even better than just reading it... I wonder if there's anything else I can watch that's as fun and as ridiculous... I've been told Keijo!!!!!!!! was interesting, but it appears to be that one DOAX minigame...
    IF you can get past the everything that is Keijo, it's actually a pretty good fighting sports series. If it was about MMA instead of BOOB AND BUTT WATER BATTLE (siiiiigh) it'd actually be really, really intense and good.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

IF you can get past the everything that is Keijo, it's actually a pretty good fighting sports series. If it was about MMA instead of BOOB AND BUTT WATER BATTLE (siiiiigh) it'd actually be really, really intense and good.
    Like how you get past the fanservice and knee-jerk "What am I looking at?!", Kill-La-Kill is actually decently written for a shonen series?

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

Kill la Kill stops being fanservice after like 5 minutes. Call me nuts, but I know the LANGUAGE of fanservice. Kill la kill despite being dressed in it, doesn't really speak it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

20. - Top - End - #380

Like how you get past the fanservice and knee-jerk "What am I looking at?!", Kill-La-Kill is actually decently written for a shonen series?
    I don't often agree with Scowl boy but he's right. Kill la Kill does have some uncomfortable nudity in it, if that's something you're uncomfortable with, but it's more playing with the IDEA of "what qualifies as fanservice" than actually doing it.

That said the idea of "what am I looking at?!" is very accurate because one of the character's literally does Gates of the Babylon from Fate Stay Night only with butts. It's called Gates of the Bootylon. With Keijo, it IS fanservice, but it's put to the utmost extreme.

To explain it using slight spoilers:
    Spoiler: Theme spoilers
    Show
    Kill la Kill is a series where nudity and fanservice is actually considered awkward, but if you embrace it and become okay with yourself it becomes comforting and good. Keijo uses nudity and fanservice as a weapon for which you are to destroy your opponent in a violent sport that actually involves some deaths every year. And also sometimes for jokes.

"You should love your body" vs "You should use your body as a weapon".

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Kill la Kill stops being fanservice after like 5 minutes. Call me nuts, but I know the LANGUAGE of fanservice. Kill la kill despite being dressed in it, doesn't really speak it.
    I don't often agree with Scowl boy but he's right. Kill la Kill does have some uncomfortable nudity in it, if that's something you're uncomfortable with, but it's more playing with the IDEA of "what qualifies as fanservice" than actually doing it.
    On the one hand, you guys don't need to defend Kill La Kill to me. I freaking love that show. Fan bloody tastic and I might watch it again now that I'm thinking about it again, as opposed to just periodically when I need something to watch.

On the other, I've seen more of some of the characters there than I've seen of some of my past girlfriends, so.

I'm not opposed to it. As a point, or for it's own sake, I don't mind fanservice. I was just contemplating trying to go back and redo One-Piece or Fairy Tale (the only other modern shonen anime I yet still hold respect for) before considering Keijo!!!!!!!!. And I just hadn't been convinced yet to change my mind on trying it later.

That said the idea of "what am I looking at?!" is very accurate because one of the character's literally does Gates of the Babylon from Fate Stay Night only with butts. It's called Gates of the Bootylon. With Keijo, it IS fanservice, but it's put to the utmost extreme.

To explain it using slight spoilers:
    Spoiler: Theme spoilers
    Show
    Kill la Kill is a series where nudity and fanservice is actually considered awkward, but if you embrace it and become okay with yourself it becomes comforting and good. Keijo uses nudity and fanservice as a weapon for which you are to destroy your opponent in a violent sport that actually involves some deaths every year. And also sometimes for jokes.

"You should love your body" vs "You should use your body as a weapon".

22. - Top - End - #382

I am utterly baffled that you'd like Fairy Tail it may actually be one of the worst series I've ever seen. Maybe the anime is better than the manga (which just introduced a dude who's magic gives death orgasms to sex havers, which included his mother who has a 12 year old ageless body).

Also I'm not kidding about infinite butt works.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I am utterly baffled that you'd like Fairy Tail it may actually be one of the worst series I've ever seen. Maybe the anime is better than the manga (which just introduced a dude who's magic gives death orgasms to sex havers, which included his mother who has a 12 year old ageless body).
    .... welp, I guess I can take that to mean that sometime between my losing track of Fairy Tail and now, the writer lost his freaking mind. I thought it was the adventures of a big-boobed summoner girl and her not-boyfriend who might be a Dragon if not trained by one, written by the same dude who wrote Rave Master. And all of their interesting and zany friends and crazy fun guild.

If I didn't have a positive opinion of you, I'd assume you were lying to me, or at least trolling/mistaken. What the actual hell happened?

At first, I was like "What."

Then I was like "Oh wait; those look like just floating panties, that's fine." At which point my common sense cut in "Wait, what!?!".

Then I recognized what I was looking at. ... what the actual **** am I looking at? Like, I don't.... please explain. Just, please explain.

Like, I was expecting soft-core wrestling with a hard inside of character development. Does someone shoot a Butt-Kamehameha at someone else?

24. - Top - End - #384

SwashbucklerGuy

Unlimited. :-)

25. - Top - End - #385

.... welp, I guess I can take that to mean that sometime between my losing track of Fairy Tail and now, the writer lost his freaking mind. I thought it was the adventures of a big-boobed summoner girl and her not-boyfriend who might be a Dragon if not trained by one, written by the same dude who wrote Rave Master. And all of their interesting and zany friends and crazy fun guild.

If I didn't have a positive opinion of you, I'd assume you were lying to me, or at least trolling/mistaken. What the actual hell happened?

At first, I was like "What."

Then I was like "Oh wait; those look like just floating panties, that's fine." At which point my common sense cut in "Wait, what!?!".

Then I recognized what I was looking at. ... what the actual **** am I looking at? Like, I don't.... please explain. Just, please explain.

Like, I was expecting soft-core wrestling with a hard inside of character development. Does someone shoot a Butt-Kamehameha at someone else?
    Oh it is that, for the first bit. But then Fairy Tail just starts falling apart as a story. As of right now the only interesting or good character is Anologia, the Apocolypse Dragon, who's the best character because every time he shows up reality enforces itself. He shows up, our heroes can't beat him, so they all join hands and chant "we believe in the power of friendship!" over and over but get interrupted by him nuking the island they're on to rubble with his Apocolypse Breath. They live because the immortal 12 year old hid them in a pocket dimension for a few years but still, this happened.

The deal with the orgasmo mage is that he has light magic that affects the three desires. Sleep, Sex, and Hunger. He uses the sex magic most often, using light created tentacles to give people deadly orgasms. His ultimate attack is sending out a pulse of magic, which only affects non virgins, and slowly kills them by making them experiance every single bit of sexual pleasure they've felt in their life at once. This included his 12 year old bodied immortal mother, and his likewise 15ish year old immortal bodied father (who had a relationship with the 12 year old bodied immortal, Mavis, the founder of the Fairy Tail guild).

As for Gate of the Bootylon, it's exactly what it sounds like. It's Gate of the Bablyon. As long as she's touched someone's butt she can use their special butt techniques just by concentrating, because she has the perfect ass. What you're seeing is the symbolic anime representation of her power. It's not real in the sense that she doesn't actually summoned a million butts out of the sky, but both her and her opponent see it as a sort of "image" of her power.

Not a single thing said here is an exaggeration. It is all literally exactly what happened, without any flair on my part.

Unlimited. :-)
    I was sick and all typographical errors are because of that.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-12-24 at 02:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Does someone shoot a Butt-Kamehameha at someone else?
    This is actually the protagonist's special attack, pretty much.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

I've been having a TON of fun with Tiger Mask W if you haven't had your fill of flamboyant muscle men yet.

28. - Top - End - #388

Spoiler: Last episode spoilers
    Show

Josuke doesn't even get to kill his series' antagonist, unless RUN OVER BY SURPRISE AMBULANCE is Crazy Diamond's new power. That's kind of lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

29. - Top - End - #389

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler: Last episode spoilers
    Show

Josuke doesn't even get to kill his series' antagonist, unless RUN OVER BY SURPRISE AMBULANCE is Crazy Diamond's new power. That's kind of lame.
    Spoiler
    Show

Honestly, it fits. Josuke wouldn't kill anyone. The worst people in the series, he simply puts into a sealed state. Arguably worse than death, but not dead. He can't really kill anyone.

Also, think of it this way. Getting run over is the most common death in a civilized world. Yoshikage Kira, at the end of his life, died the way a regular person would. From beginning to end, he truly lived a simple, ordinary life.

I do get why people would consider it lame though, especially given how much of a drag out knuckle brawl Dio was. But Kira's a murderer, not an anime super villain. They can't arrest him, and technically killing him is illegal (though they could probably get away with it like Kira got away with his crimes). So this is a fitting end.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

It's...eh. I really GET what Araki was going for, and it fits the theme, but it still feels anticlimactic.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's an interesting theme (of Kira getting what he wanted, in a way), and I like the bonus theme of "Joseph and his son defeat their villains by SHEER LUCK", but I would have liked Josuke to be the one who threw the final punch, maybe he grabbed a piece of Kira's shirt (or one of those fancy buttons) when he got close before and sucked him back into Josuke's hands at the last second and then pummeled him.

It's kind of frustrating that Jotaro, after spending the whole season forgetting he can stop time remembers to do so in time to kill steal the one who did all the work. He's like Goku that way.