New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Iron Man

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: New Iron Man

I dont care she is female we need some sexy heroes who can wear and work with inappropriate gear ( aka we need more heroes like emma frost( without the telepath powers ))

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BiblioRook View Post
    Cynicism aside it just kind of feels like the Occam's Razor of comic book discussions. Yes stuff like that happens, but it seems inane to expect it around every corner right from the get-go.
    Expecting cancellations is just the comic's fans' way of dulling the pain. Because by and large, new heroes don't last long. Expecting everything to go to hell and then being pleasantly surprised in the instances that it doesn't is a survival mechanism, I think .

Remember Robbie Reyes? The new Hispanic, likable, family-focused Ghost Rider that made the endlessly dumb Ghost Rider franchise actually worth reading? Dude's solo lasted 12 issues before the secret wars thing happened, where he became one of an ensemble of a dozen other Ghost Riders for four more issues, and from there, zip. There haven't been any plans mentioned to get him another book.

And Robbie's story is hardly unique.
    Last edited by Drascin; 2016-07-08 at 03:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I dont care she is female we need some sexy heroes who can wear and work with inappropriate gear ( aka we need more heroes like emma frost( without the telepath powers ))
    Is it really necessary to point out again that she's only 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Expecting cancellations is just the comic's fans' way of dulling the pain. Because by and large, new heroes don't last long. Expecting everything to go to hell and then being pleasantly surprised in the instances that it doesn't is a survival mechanism, I think .
    Cancellations I can accept, but I was talking about t209's fixation that the Marvel Universe is overdue for some sort of horrific grisly pointless deaths for the sake of upping the drama out of nowhere.
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2016-07-08 at 04:54 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    It's not fair to compare this to Rhodey. Him being Ironman wasn't something that they " Realized was stupid" They played the story to completion and at the end of the story Tony came back as was the whole plan. He was filling in, and never implied to be a replacement. And afterwards he became even more of an amazing character in part because of his time as Ironman.

I'm more upset that Marvel killed him off in Civil War 2 for shock value.

*sigh*

Of course they did. Why on Earth would they have done something as silly as doing a decent job like the Civil War movie did with him...?

Quote Originally Posted by Chives View Post
    I'm sorry, what happened to the *other* multi-ethnic teenage girl in armor, Y'know. Armor? Hisako Ichiki? The girl with a interesting and unique power set who grows up to be co-leader of the Avengers? None of that?

Oh right, Marvel. Because why work on existing characters when you can hype people up with the next big thing. ****, I used to love this stuff.
    She's an X-Man and therefore needs to be sent on a bus because they don't own the movie rights.

It is heavily indicated that IS actually what is happening, and since they are trying to get rid of (until they are no longer profitable to Fox (which is not likely to happen)) their most diverse set of characters (the X-Men), this may simple be another factor of that to "replace" the likes of Storm and whatnot...

But I really wish they would stop trying to replace existant characters with new ones or characters that already HAD their own identities... Supplement, yes, replace.. No.

Especially as the cynic in me is starting to see a little too much of a pattern... Thor, Cap, Iron Man (unholy crap they're trying to replace all of the Avengers, Hulk's got to be next, then), Wolverine... Miles I would only half-count, since he started out in an alternate universe and didn't directly replace Peter , which is fair enough play. (Though I'm not sure what happened post Battlenonsenseworld, I heard rumour he was going to co-exist in the main Marvel universe. Nick fury, I suppose, too; though Sam L Jackson is Suffiently Awesome I am prepared to give them a pass on that, since he is in the category (alongside BRIAN BLESSED and Jennifer Hale) as being Anything You Cast Him As Is Automatically Awesome.

Question, then: has Marvel attempted any legacy characters that were not a) originally white males and b) not replaced by someone who was not-white-males in the last ten or so years? I mean, all the aforementioned are big, visible names, but if this has happened with other lesser known characters then it's a bit more credible other than being basically just a publicity stunt which is starting to edge towards dodgy territory.

Ms Marvel, I guess, since she was promoted to Captain for Kamala's slot...

Any others people can think of?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-07-08 at 05:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    (unholy crap they're trying to replace all of the Avengers, Hulk's got to be next, then)
    Hate to break it to you, but the Hulk has been replaced for a while now

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Replaced by nerd with power watch called amodeus cho

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so they HAVE replaced the entire Avengers.

Well.

That is clearly a thing they have done.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

*sigh*

Of course they did. Why on Earth would they have done something as silly as doing a decent job like the Civil War movie did with him...?

She's an X-Man and therefore needs to be sent on a bus because they don't own the movie rights.

It is heavily indicated that IS actually what is happening, and since they are trying to get rid of (until they are no longer profitable to Fox (which is not likely to happen)) their most diverse set of characters (the X-Men), this may simple be another factor of that to "replace" the likes of Storm and whatnot...

But I really wish they would stop trying to replace existant characters with new ones or characters that already HAD their own identities... Supplement, yes, replace.. No.

Especially as the cynic in me is starting to see a little too much of a pattern... Thor, Cap, Iron Man (unholy crap they're trying to replace all of the Avengers, Hulk's got to be next, then), Wolverine... Miles I would only half-count, since he started out in an alternate universe and didn't directly replace Peter , which is fair enough play. (Though I'm not sure what happened post Battlenonsenseworld, I heard rumour he was going to co-exist in the main Marvel universe. Nick fury, I suppose, too; though Sam L Jackson is Suffiently Awesome I am prepared to give them a pass on that, since he is in the category (alongside BRIAN BLESSED and Jennifer Hale) as being Anything You Cast Him As Is Automatically Awesome.

Question, then: has Marvel attempted any legacy characters that were not a) originally white males and b) not replaced by someone who was not-white-males in the last ten or so years? I mean, all the aforementioned are big, visible names, but if this has happened with other lesser known characters then it's a bit more credible other than being basically just a publicity stunt which is starting to edge towards dodgy territory.

Ms Marvel, I guess, since she was promoted to Captain for Kamala's slot...

Any others people can think of?
    You're not totally wrong, but not totally right, either. Yes, X-23 is now the new wolverine, but Old Man Logan is here, too. Thor Odinson still exists, he was last shown apparently captive of some aliens on a spaceship, though the goddess of thunder is definitely the prominent one. Amadeus Cho is Hulk, but Bruce Banner is still around (at the moment apparently completely cured of gamma power). Adult Peter Parker is still spider man, alongside Miles. Steve Rogers Captain America is still here, and restored to youth by a cosmic cube (to much controversy in his new title), alongside Sam Wilson. They haven't replaced any other characters that I can think of. It isn't determined whether or not Iron Man is being replaced, just that there is a new character with an armor suit (and Tony isn't shown in the promo picture that everyone is talking about, but neither are a lot of characters). If anything, she's likely replacing war machine (though it is possible that Civil War II might not turn out well for Tony, either).

But yes, they are clearly making a concerted effort to diversify the cast of their prominent heroes, even if the original white guys are still hanging around in some form.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Adult Peter Parker is still spider man, alongside Miles.
    I would actually not mind if Peter were partly retired, due to being happily married and having his hands full with a comming child.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I kind of like her.

Her concept just seems cool to me "Child Prodigy is inspired by Tony Stark to build her own Iron Man Suit in her Dorm room with scraps." she sounds like exactly the kind of person that Tony would take on as a protege or successor.

I care about interesting characters, and this Riri girl sounds like she has a lot of spunk going for her.

Granted I think I would prefer them making new characters entirely, but I can also understand the feeling of attaching a pre-existing "brand" to them. That's the kind of the reason why they have team titles, because its comparatively easier to stick a new character on the team and see how they perform than try to see how they do on their own.

My sentiment is that, they're not really replacing characters, they're bringing in new characters with a recognizable chassis while the old guys are still around in more supportive roles.

It also does address one of the big problems with long-running comics, eventually the character runs low on stories you can tell with them. Solution, bring in a new character.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Is parker still maried to marry jane or we have another gwen stacy to retcon again plus how about silk( peters class mate biten by same spider)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Is parker still maried to marry jane or we have another gwen stacy to retcon again plus how about silk( peters class mate biten by same spider)
    In order,
    - Nope. But Spidergirl still exists in alternate universe except her dad died though .
    - Well, Gwen is alive in new story arc involving undead.
    - Silk exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I would actually not mind if Peter were partly retired, due to being happily married and having his hands full with a comming child.
    The answer is that he's still a bachelor.
    Last edited by t209; 2016-07-08 at 11:13 AM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudd View Post
    You're not totally wrong, but not totally right, either. Yes, X-23 is now the new wolverine, but Old Man Logan is here, too.
    Oh, I had blocked that out of my mind for a moment; don't get me started oin that particular pile of utter crap. By far the absolute WORST Wolverine arc I have ever had to have the misfortune of reading (the bits where Dakin took over and shoved Wolverine out of his own title don't count becfause they the weren't actually, y'know, Wolverine), one that I was only not offended that thye put the concluding parts in a seperate book because I was just glad to get rid of it and they bring THAT bollocks out of Battlecrapworld. The most positive thing I can say about that particualr stain on the annuals of comic book history was that is was better than the Battleidioticworld version of Runaways in that I didn't specifically keep over the winter months until it was dry enough to take it out a ritually burn it.

The damnest part of it is - I actually LIKE X-23! I followed her solo series and would have kept on if they hadn't cancelled it. But by the time the post Battlestupidstupidstupidworld crap had finished up, the only reason I'm still reading anything Marvel at all is X-'92 because Jubilee and they are on their very, very, very last chance. (I nearly ragequit when in the second issue they made her a vampire again, but they earned enough brownie points back for making me laugh so hard at the end of that arc that they actually got a fraction of a point back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudd
    Thor Odinson still exists, he was last shown apparently captive of some aliens on a spaceship, though the goddess of thunder is definitely the prominent one. Amadeus Cho is Hulk, but Bruce Banner is still around (at the moment apparently completely cured of gamma power). Adult Peter Parker is still spider man, alongside Miles. Steve Rogers Captain America is still here, and restored to youth by a cosmic cube (to much controversy in his new title), alongside Sam Wilson. They haven't replaced any other characters that I can think of. It isn't determined whether or not Iron Man is being replaced, just that there is a new character with an armor suit (and Tony isn't shown in the promo picture that everyone is talking about, but neither are a lot of characters). If anything, she's likely replacing war machine (though it is possible that Civil War II might not turn out well for Tony, either).

But yes, they are clearly making a concerted effort to diversify the cast of their prominent heroes, even if the original white guys are still hanging around in some form.
    The stupid part is that if they didn't just keep trying to bank on shock value and "we're replacing x with y", none of the backlash would be happening and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it. (Hell, I LIKE big ensemble casts.) I would say no-one at Marvel seems to know how to present anything anymore but I'm becoming convinced they are deliberately doing stuff like this as a publicity stunt to set the internet aflame.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-07-08 at 02:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

The stupid part is that if they didn't just keep trying to bank on shock value and "we're replacing x with y", none of the backlash would be happening and I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it. (Hell, I LIKE big ensemble casts.) I would say no-one at Marvel seems to know how to present anything anymore but I'm becoming convinced they are deliberately doing stuff like this as a publicity stunt to set the internet aflame.
    And retconning Inhuman slavery and Eugenics to make them more like X-Men.
    And failed to realize that they are basically making a group of elitist eugenics gas isolationists (let's not forget inbred) as marginalized minorities.
    Let's see Kamala gets to smile at having cloned slave and getting assigned to lower caste (but not at the level as equivalent of Serf) even if she would be decent one.
    Last edited by t209; 2016-07-08 at 02:32 PM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    In order,
    - Nope. But Spidergirl still exists in alternate universe except her dad died though .
    - Well, Gwen is alive in new story arc involving undead.
    - Silk exists.

The answer is that he's still a bachelor.
    To clarify a few things:
    Peter and Mary Jane haven't been an item for nearly a decade, but that is a whole other thing not worth getting into here as it's unrelated to the topic at hand. Currently as I mentioned Peter is more of a secondary Tony Stark as he's now something of a globe-trotting billionaire who has Spider-Man on 'retainer' as his 'bodyguard' to explain why they are always around the same places (he even has someone else who's job is to dress up and act like Spidey just so they can be seen together on occasion). Mary Jane? That's a bit weirder. Currently she is working for Tony Stark of all people and is a major character in his title. It's implied that there is still some form of communication between Peter and Mary Jane as she had access to his super-secret-emergency number which Stark had to get from her (to his surprise that they even knew each other), but I don't think that anything along those line has been really explained or explored yet.

Gwen Stacy exists as an alternate dimension version of herself where she got bitten by the spider and Peter was her ill-fated love interest (see SpiderGwen). She is aware of and can freely access the main dimension (she and Peter are aware of each other and have even met), but by in large she sticks to her own. Somewhat related to the thread, in her world this is her Captain America.

Oh, I had blocked that out of my mind for a moment; don't get me started oin that particular pile of utter crap. By far the absolute WORST Wolverine arc I have ever had to have the misfortune of reading (the bits where Dakin took over and shoved Wolverine out of his own title don't count becfause they the weren't actually, y'know, Wolverine), one that I was only not offended that thye put the concluding parts in a seperate book because I was just glad to get rid of it and they bring THAT bollocks out of Battlecrapworld. The most positive thing I can say about that particualr stain on the annuals of comic book history was that is was better than the Battleidioticworld version of Runaways in that I didn't specifically keep over the winter months until it was dry enough to take it out a ritually burn it.

The damnest part of it is - I actually LIKE X-23! I followed her solo series and would have kept on if they hadn't cancelled it. But by the time the post Battlestupidstupidstupidworld crap had finished up, the only reason I'm still reading anything Marvel at all is X-'92 because Jubilee and they are on their very, very, very last chance. (I nearly ragequit when in the second issue they made her a vampire again, but they earned enough brownie points back for making me laugh so hard at the end of that arc that they actually got a fraction of a point back.
    The current All-New All-Different Wolverine series (x-23) is actually really good. If you like her as a character you might possibly want to at least give it a chance.
    As for OML, much like SpiderQwen and Miles he is an alternate dimension version of Wolverine (to clarify from, oh, a time displaced Wolverine I guess). He's basically a whole other character outside people going "Oh hey, you are like our own Wolverine only quite a bit different!". X-23 for one wants nothing to do with him because she considers him a cruel facsimile of the mentor that she lost, so another point in her favor?
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2016-07-08 at 04:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The current All-New All-Different Wolverine series (x-23) is actually really good. If you like her as a character you might possibly want to at least give it a chance.
    As for OML, much like SpiderQwen and Miles he is an alternate dimension version of Wolverine (to clarify from, oh, a time displaced Wolverine I guess). He's basically a whole other character outside people going "Oh hey, you are like our own Wolverine only quite a bit different!". X-23 for one wants nothing to do with him because she considers him a cruel facsimile of the mentor that she lost, so another point in her favor?
    And that's exactly the problem. By killing Wolvie off and replacing him with a minus-infinity-rate knock off, they've denied us all the future interactions between Laura (and Jubilee) and Wolverine. And they never really explored anything like that properly, either, so it's not like there wre no untapped grounds. Where's my story arc with Laura, Jubes and Wolvie going off on a roadtrip or something (to deal with some sort of Bad Thing). Well, that ain't happening now, is it?

This is my fundemental problem with character death - it trades on using an emotional shock now (usually very poorly handled) verses the value of all the character's future interactions.

Rhodey is a grand case in point.

Spoiler: Civil War movie for the sake of arguement
    Show
    My expectations for the movie were set to a low level in no small part to the fact I was fully expecting them to kill Rhodey (see, comics, this is where you've trained my mind to go). I was SO GLAD they didn't - not only it remove the shadow that had hung over my head for most of the movie, but it also allowed us that wonderful scene at the end with Rhodey and Tony, while Rhodey starts on the long process of healing.

So comics killing him off - won't ever give us that (outside of medium chance resurrection). I say "medium" because Banshee was a major X-Men since the very start and he's still dead as far as I know.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-07-08 at 03:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I like what they're doing with Old Man Logan now. He is convinced he is in the past of the future world he knows, and is trying to go about killing the people he thinks are responsible for what happens to his family and his world. Except, he keeps running into evidence that this world is not the same past as the one which led to his future.

The thing is, I don't think Marvel announcements usually say "we're replacing x with y". In most cases, they explicitly said the original character isn't leaving. People often get their information from second and third hand sources which sensationalize or outright misrepresent what is actually being said. The Steve Rogers Hydra thing is case-in-point. Not enough people go to the primary source and interpret it critically. This is compounded by a lack of experience with the current state of the comics and most of the characters, leading to often inaccurate assumptions about what they are doing with their stories and universe.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I honestly adore Moon Girl too, her title currently is easily near the top of my read list right now (under Squirrel Girl). That being said, I really kind of hope the two never interact. Someone like Moon Girl I don't want to get involved in super-hero antics as much as I want to see her get the peaceful 'normal' life she wants and deserves. Again, as much as I love her comic I don't really see it having a lasting presence as most of it is 'Weird stuff keeps happening, how do I stop it!"

I mean, for all my complaints of Riri being too young at 15 to be getting into mainstream super-hero antics, Moon Girl is indefinitely more so.
    I'm glad to see another Moon Girl fan here, and you might well be right that the character might do better if she doesn't get too into the superhero side of things.

A bit of a disagreement over characterizing the life she wants as "normal" even with quotation marks. The life she wants is an extraordinary one. Despite just being 8 or 9, she has already applied to the Future Foundation and MIT. Now MIT (along with the Future Foundation) turned her down, but given her talent and intelligence, they aren't going keep turning her down forever. By the time Lunella Lafayette is 15, she is basically going to be Riri, or at least that is what would have happened without Inhuman DNA and the pet dinosaur.

Given her potential and her commitment to helping other and stopping injustice, Moon Girl becoming a superhero is pretty much inevitable. Though, I concede, it might be better if that happened latter rather than sooner.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    I'm glad to see another Moon Girl fan here, and you might well be right that the character might do better if she doesn't get too into the superhero side of things.

A bit of a disagreement over characterizing the life she wants as "normal" even with quotation marks. The life she wants is an extraordinary one. Despite just being 8 or 9, she has already applied to the Future Foundation and MIT. Now MIT (along with the Future Foundation) turned her down, but given her talent and intelligence, they aren't going keep turning her down forever. By the time Lunella Lafayette is 15, she is basically going to be Riri, or at least that is what would have happened without Inhuman DNA and the pet dinosaur.

Given her potential and her commitment to helping other and stopping injustice, Moon Girl becoming a superhero is pretty much inevitable. Though, I concede, it might be better if that happened latter rather than sooner.
    Well yeah, by 'normal' I meant in a 'go to college and pursue science' kind of way as compared to the 'constantly being in danger of being attacked by villeins and wack-jobs', I mean the majority of the series so far was entirely hinged on specifically trying to avoid getting superpowers, knowing she had Inhuman ancestry. Granted though that was more being aware just how much of a crap-shot Inhuman powers, given you were just as likely to develop the ability to foresee the future as you were to suddenly becoming a hideous tree monster. Now that it's over with with her not worst for the wear? Who knows.
    Last edited by BiblioRook; 2016-07-09 at 05:21 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

And retconning Inhuman slavery and Eugenics to make them more like X-Men.
    And failed to realize that they are basically making a group of elitist eugenics gas isolationists (let's not forget inbred) as marginalized minorities.
    Let's see Kamala gets to smile at having cloned slave and getting assigned to lower caste (but not at the level as equivalent of Serf) even if she would be decent one.
    Are the inhumans still using a caste system though? lots of places have a monachy, but thats not the same.
    And as such, there are already a lot of arguments for having informal castes in the western world.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Please no.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Are the inhumans still using a caste system though? lots of places have a monachy, but thats not the same.
    And as such, there are already a lot of arguments for having informal castes in the western world.
    Well, I was pointing out on how that trait is bad idea to make Inhumans as mutants in Comics.
    I mean they have their own runaway places and sterilizing mutants in "genius" editorial decisions doesn't attract and make fans angry about Marvel more.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground

Imp

Admittedly, I haven't read Iron Man since he joined the Guardians for a spell, but I can only get 67% behind this. Iron Man shouldn't be replaced by a teenager, even a genius one. If this isn't alegacy or a junior partner thing, but an out-and-out-replacement is foolish and reckless for Stark to back her.
    Pokemon I have bred (4-5 IV):

Brave Chespins - some marked Speeds are 31 others are 0. A good deal are Bulletproof.
    Sassy Slowpokes - most are Regen
    Quiet Skrelp
    Assorted Mienfoo & Meditite some w/Fake Out (no HA)
    Relaxed Wish Eevee
    Naive Elekid w/Ice Punch

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halcyonforever View Post
    Please no.
    why I bet you like to see victoria secret model super hero with less than emma frost size costume

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

why I bet you like to see victoria secret model super hero with less than emma frost size costume
    I'm told that the internet has free porn readily available for that sort of thing, we don't particularly need to encourage it in the comics. It's bad enough Greg Land traces it for his so-called artwork.

On the other hand, I'll bet Ryan Renolds!Deadpool would be more than happy to oblige, because if we're doing it for one gender, then we need to do it for both, so as make everyone equally uncomfortable (or not, if one's preference is not picky...)

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

I'm told that the internet has free porn readily available for that sort of thing, we don't particularly need to encourage it in the comics. It's bad enough Greg Land traces it for his so-called artwork.

On the other hand, I'll bet Ryan Renolds!Deadpool would be more than happy to oblige, because if we're doing it for one gender, then we need to do it for both, so as make everyone equally uncomfortable (or not, if one's preference is not picky...)
    nah considering marvel universe similar to ours i think villainy becomes hobby to to much people thing about it just try to rob bank and deadpool with speedo tries to stop you no thanks mate i will pass that opportunity and change my city so I can forget the visual horror and the damn puns

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

nah considering marvel universe similar to ours i think villainy becomes hobby to to much people thing about it just try to rob bank and deadpool with speedo tries to stop you no thanks mate i will pass that opportunity and change my city so I can forget the visual horror and the damn puns
    May I suggest Agent X then? He's like Deadpool, but better looking and fewer puns. and the same setting. He's part of a detective agency with three other people and one of them (Outlaw) has a nicer version of the Emma Frost Confidence thing going on.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

You know that only works with Emma Frost for she is a complete and utter narcissist who loves being the center of attention and people staring at her. She then also loves being an utter ******* to utter people for it fuels her narcissism and her feelings of self importance.

But that stuff ain't healthy and much of the stories about Emma Frost have explored how unhealthy she is and how her mind is completely messed up and it is her that is her source of being miserable.

So no on the skimpy super-heroine costume. I am sorry but as a male I can only tolerate so much of the Emma Frost / Psylocke / Wonder Woman outfits when these outfits seem to go the most extreme with how they show skin, legs and boobage.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

29. - Top - End - #89

There's actually a comic about Deadpool and Spidey dancing in their undies and masks for Lady Thor and others on ladies night.

It was amazing.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    There's actually a comic about Deadpool and Spidey dancing in their undies and masks for Lady Thor and others on ladies night.

It was amazing.
    The first part of that run was actually really good. It's rare for someone to write Deadpool as actually funny instead of just "lol I'm so random and quirky". The most recent issue was much worse. I'm assuming they changed writers, but I haven't actually checked.