New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

Arkhan is pretty good. A budget Nagash for when you don't want to lose all your friends.

Fyreslayers FAQ is out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...rrata_en-1.pdf
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mentary_en.pdf

Battlesmith armor save stacking was fixed faster than you could say "Battlesmith"
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Banned

So the next book is Sylvaneth. Neat. Will that mean gobbos getting a new book soon too?

Also, a friend just made this chart, thought it would be nice to share:

Spoiler: AoS Start Collecting values
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1083

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
    So the next book is Sylvaneth. Neat. Will that mean gobbos getting a new book soon too?

Show
    But Gobbos got a book recently, Gloomspite Gitz.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Arkhan is pretty good. A budget Nagash for when you don't want to lose all your friends.

Fyreslayers FAQ is out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...rrata_en-1.pdf
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mentary_en.pdf

Battlesmith armor save stacking was fixed faster than you could say "Battlesmith"
    Once again - anyone who thought that would survive the FAQ was nuts. How many times does this sort of thing have to happen?

Show
    Gitz already have an AoS2 book, unless you were being facetious. Sylvaneth being updated should give hope to BCR, Bonesplitterz, and Tzeentch players, who are all from the same era. That would just leave KO as the last true "AoS 1.0" Battletome, but they need updates in general.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Banned

But Gobbos got a book recently, Gloomspite Gitz.
    :O had forgotten about that. Thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1086

Beholder

Q: The core/matched play rules say that allies cannot use or benefit from allegiance abilities. There seems to be quite a number of situations where the question of what ‘benefit from’ means. Could you explain please?
    A: Certainly. It means that battle traits do not apply to and cannot be used by allied units. In addition, it means that allied units cannot receive allegiance abilities that you choose (or roll for) for certain types of unit in your army, such as command traits, artefacts of power or spells from spell lores. Note that, in the second case, allied units can be affected by such allegiance abilities when they are used (or would otherwise take effect) during the battle, as long as no other restrictions apply. For example, you could not choose an allied Wizard to know a spell from a spell lore, but an allied unit could be affected by the spell if it was cast. In addition, any scenery rules for faction-specific terrain features apply to allied units during the battle.

Pretty big for those who use allies.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Q: The core/matched play rules say that allies cannot use or benefit from allegiance abilities. There seems to be quite a number of situations where the question of what ‘benefit from’ means. Could you explain please?
    A: Certainly. It means that battle traits do not apply to and cannot be used by allied units. In addition, it means that allied units cannot receive allegiance abilities that you choose (or roll for) for certain types of unit in your army, such as command traits, artefacts of power or spells from spell lores. Note that, in the second case, allied units can be affected by such allegiance abilities when they are used (or would otherwise take effect) during the battle, as long as no other restrictions apply. For example, you could not choose an allied Wizard to know a spell from a spell lore, but an allied unit could be affected by the spell if it was cast. In addition, any scenery rules for faction-specific terrain features apply to allied units during the battle.

Pretty big for those who use allies.
    Pretty sure that's just a clarification and not a change. If there's an ability and it doesn't affect <your main faction> but instead "friendly units", it always affected Allies.

8. - Top - End - #1088

NecromancerGuy

Sylvaneth release delayed apparently, due to being held up in shipping. Quite an amusing video to announce this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16IXC0xOjVk

Interesting as ever to get an insight into GW’s release schedules. It seems that book product only arrives in the UK a very short amount of time before release, which goes some way to explaining why they don’t announce upcoming releases far in advance.
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
    Sylvaneth release delayed apparently, due to being held up in shipping. Quite an amusing video to announce this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16IXC0xOjVk

Interesting as ever to get an insight into GW’s release schedules. It seems that book product only arrives in the UK a very short amount of time before release, which goes some way to explaining why they don’t announce upcoming releases far in advance.
    I'm willing to bet this is why Forbidden Power was delayed too - either by the same issue, or because they needed to fill a longer gap than they expected (like why idoneth came out over several weeks because Kill Team was late).

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post

kinda makes sense, though GW has REALLY stepped up its social media game.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

11. - Top - End - #1091

NecromancerGuy

I kind of wonder if they’ve fallen foul of the Chinese censorship rules somehow. Recently there was an RPG that had all its books burnt the day after printing after government inspection, the same might have happened here. Which would be a bit of a nightmare.
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

12. - Top - End - #1092

Beholder

So Forbidden Power is on preorder next week. Anything we can expect from it?

Aside from the pretty great looking endless spells of course.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

NIGHTHAUNT ARE GETTING GRAVESITES!

Forbidden Power preview

I wonder If I'll end up playing Legion of Grief next...

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So Forbidden Power is on preorder next week. Anything we can expect from it?

Aside from the pretty great looking endless spells of course.
    I'm curious as well. Today's article shows some of the narrative stuff coming, but no rules for the spells and terrain. I'm getting it for Endless Spell completionism, and I hope the terrain is solid too.

15. - Top - End - #1095

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    NIGHTHAUNT ARE GETTING GRAVESITES!

Forbidden Power preview

I wonder If I'll end up playing Legion of Grief next...
    Alas, poor nighthaunt allegiance, we hardly knew ye. May you and your massive stacking of benefits live on in our memories.

The mixed forces are a no from me.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alas, poor nighthaunt allegiance, we hardly knew ye. May you and your massive stacking of benefits live on in our memories.

The mixed forces are a no from me.
    It's just Firestorm again. It'll have one gimmick build and then get forgotten.

17. - Top - End - #1097

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    It's just Firestorm again. It'll have one gimmick build and then get forgotten.
    I can see the Legion of Grief having more staying power, especially if it allows the good bits from Legions of Nagash and Nighthaunt. (Say... Battleline Grimghasts and Necromancers with spells)

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I can see the Legion of Grief having more staying power, especially if it allows the good bits from Legions of Nagash and Nighthaunt. (Say... Battleline Grimghasts and Necromancers with spells)
    LoG might be insane, but remember that GHB2019 is going to be next month. If the big Death power units get out unscathed, I'll be very surprised. It's probably too close to printing to see Skaven or FEC nerfed, but we'll probably see everything prior to those books brought up to a similar level if Q&As are to be believed.

19. - Top - End - #1099

Beholder

Some Warcry pics are circulating around, showing it is played on the same size as Kill Team.

20. - Top - End - #1100

Beholder

LoG might be insane, but remember that GHB2019 is going to be next month. If the big Death power units get out unscathed, I'll be very surprised. It's probably too close to printing to see Skaven or FEC nerfed, but we'll probably see everything prior to those books brought up to a similar level if Q&As are to be believed.
    You are correct, and we will definitely see what happens. I do think that LoG has more staying power than the firestorm allegiances by being associated with Legions.

Any expectations for the buffs and nerfs?

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Banned

Some Warcry pics are circulating around, showing it is played on the same size as Kill Team.
    But if you need the new warbands its more like Underworlds than Kill Team. Dunno, it washed out the excitement that was building up around here.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Firbolg in the Playground

But if you need the new warbands its more like Underworlds than Kill Team. Dunno, it washed out the excitement that was building up around here.
    Didn't they say that there were non-chaos factions available at launch, with the icons of the various major Fantasy factions? Seemed to indicate that most factions could use existing models.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Didn't they say that there were non-chaos factions available at launch, with the icons of the various major Fantasy factions? Seemed to indicate that most factions could use existing models.
    Or that they'll make warbands for them. After all, Underworlds also features most factions, doesnt mean you can use any of your models for it.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

I suspect it's more likely we'll see something like the Genestealer Cult or Chaos Cult rules for Necromunda.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

Endless Spells from the new box.

Lauchon is super interesting. With the range requirements, it's basically a one-time use, and only good for specific units, but since you can move afterwards you're basically just adding 12" or more to their base movement. That's nuts for units that are designed to be slow, like Fyreslayers or some Skaven units. Someone on Twitter reminded me that Skryre Acolytes exist and their shooting is only "bad" because it's short ranged. This makes them pretty freaking nuts.

Soulscream Bridge is a more "standard" teleport, no moving after and 9" away, but still very strong. Cast on 6 means it's very reliable, and jumping units potentially 24" or so is a very large effect. It's not bad for shorter ranged shooting units (hello, Hurricane Raptors) or things that naturally get extra range or rerolls on Charging. You could also use it to just gimmick jump forward Wizards with short range spells. This will be pretty widespread, I think.

Horrorghast is the required "cool model but crap rules" spell. Bravery debuffs aren't useless by any stretch in AoS... but it's not really big enough to pay for like this, imo.

I really dig Shards of Valagharr from a design perspective. -hit debuffs are massive in this game, which is part of why Geminids are busted. This is Geminids without the damage but with movement debuffs. Price will really be the factor here, I think, I'd take Shards for 40 but anything more and you're likely just better off with something else, since it's so easy for this one to be turned back on you.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Beholder

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-1/

Endless Spells from the new box.

Lauchon is super interesting. With the range requirements, it's basically a one-time use, and only good for specific units, but since you can move afterwards you're basically just adding 12" or more to their base movement. That's nuts for units that are designed to be slow, like Fyreslayers or some Skaven units. Someone on Twitter reminded me that Skryre Acolytes exist and their shooting is only "bad" because it's short ranged. This makes them pretty freaking nuts.
    This one is going to be good in specific lists. The fact that you can move afterwards is good, but the model being slain is a big drawback, as is being Predatory.

Soulscream Bridge is a more "standard" teleport, no moving after and 9" away, but still very strong. Cast on 6 means it's very reliable, and jumping units potentially 24" or so is a very large effect. It's not bad for shorter ranged shooting units (hello, Hurricane Raptors) or things that naturally get extra range or rerolls on Charging. You could also use it to just gimmick jump forward Wizards with short range spells. This will be pretty widespread, I think.
    The interesting part will be seeing how big this Spell is. On a first glance this looks like a rather big base it is on.

Horrorghast is the required "cool model but crap rules" spell. Bravery debuffs aren't useless by any stretch in AoS... but it's not really big enough to pay for like this, imo.
    I can see this one being used in a FEC Bravery Scream list, or maybe in conjunction with the Legion of Grief.

I really dig Shards of Valagharr from a design perspective. -hit debuffs are massive in this game, which is part of why Geminids are busted. This is Geminids without the damage but with movement debuffs. Price will really be the factor here, I think, I'd take Shards for 40 but anything more and you're likely just better off with something else, since it's so easy for this one to be turned back on you.
    Hmm.. This is a rather interesting spell. I can see this one being used rather much, especially if Geminids get increased in cost. Interesting design choices in any way.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Titan in the Playground

Second game of the AOS league was a very narrow loss for my Khorne.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mighty Lord
    Bloodsecrator
    Slaughterpriest
    Karanak
    5 Blood Warriors
    10 Bloodreavers
    10 Bloodreavers
    Garrek's Reavers
    3 Mighty Skullcrushers

vs:
    General on Gryphon
    Aelf wizard of some kind
    40 Freeguild Militia
    10 Freeguild swordsmen
    Hellblaster Rocket Thingy
    10 Skinks

Started off well surging to take all three objectives (it was Shifting Objectives), but the Gryphon and the shooting killed three mighty skullcrushers and karanak in turn one, cutting off my free flesh hounds, so I needed to scramble a bit to hold it. I made a great big charge on his militia, and killed about twenty of them in one turn - but my opponent rolled a 1 on his battleshock, which is an autopass with the freeguild banner. My Mighty Lord whiffed pretty hard against the Gryphon, and even summoning both some flesh hounds and bloodletters wasnt quite enough to claw back the lead my opponent was able to get while I chewed through the rest of the archers. There were so many places it could have gone either way - the banner save, my Lord's rubber axe, Karanak dying before attacking, or the bloodletters failing their 9" re-roll save from being summoned. At least the scenario was a friendly one to me - my opponent was forced to bring his big unit of archers forward into combat, where a more defensive scenario would have given me much more ground to cover.

I need more rend. I might swap my Bloodreavers for ones armed with Meatripper axes - I have so little to deal with heavily armoured things. Also, the slaughterpriest doing D6 mortal wounds is so good I'm tempted to run a Gore Pilgrims list.

Slaughterpriest - 100
    Slaughterpriest - 100
    Bloodsecrator - 140
    Gore Pilgrims Batallion - 140
    10x Blood Warriors - 200
    10x Bloodreavers - 70
    10x Bloodreavers - 70
    3x Mighty Skullcrushers OR Mighty Lord on Juggernaut OR Karanak OR 5 more blood warriors and 10 bloodreavers - 180

Could work? The Bloodsecrator gets the Thronebreakers Torc to keep him alive as long as possible, but 14% of my full points value on an increased radius for bonus attacks (plus a command point and extra relic I guess) is... worrying. I could just take the Mighty Lord or Karanak for the same cost.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Ogre in the Playground

So Forbidden Power reviews are going up.

Spoiler: Legion of Grief
    Show

gravesites
    only one legion ability: -1 bravery when near a grief unit
    3 spells in the lore, 3 traits, 3 artifacts

oof nobody is really going to run this, bravery debuffs do not work. especially now the newer books generate CPs by the crapload to be immune to battleshock or just hand it out naturally. The fact they only get 1 legion ability compared just cements it.

well my interest in buying this just plummeted.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2019-05-18 at 10:29 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    So Forbidden Power reviews are going up.

Spoiler: Legion of Grief
    Show

gravesites
    only one legion ability: -1 bravery when near a grief unit
    3 spells in the lore, 3 traits, 3 artifacts

oof nobody is really going to run this, bravery debuffs do not work. especially now the newer books generate CPs by the crapload to be immune to battleshock or just hand it out naturally. The fact they only get 1 legion ability compared just cements it.

well my interest in buying this just plummeted.
    I can hear the hype delfating.

Looking at the Dominion of Sigmar terrain stuff, does anyone actually use the special terrain rules?

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

I can hear the hype delfating.
    it was so close to being good, instead it's a half baked Legion of Blood.