New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

Huh. You know, I was expecting this fight to be much tougher. Guess that parasite demon isn't over CL 4 or so.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Huh. You know, I was expecting this fight to be much tougher. Guess that parasite demon isn't over CL 4 or so.
    It might also be weakened by the fact that it didnt have a complete body. But it also makes sense if it was telling the truth. He is basically the scum of the demonic ranks, barely even counting as an entity, so it would be the weakest possible opponent they could fight from the axe. I wonder what comes next? And how often?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

sigh Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

A bit underwhelming of a fight after all that jaw flapping. However much I hate to say it, I wish the fight had gone for two pages. Just hitting Big Ears with some sort of Save or Die for a weeklong cliffhanger would've been nice. Instead, it's all talk, no business. Instead, we have a critter that gets dropped by four attacks from a party that's what, level three, four? (I seriously forget what level we're at right now)

Then again, I also know Thunt as a DM favors super lethal, super low hit point monsters, and spinning his wheels on the prior page means he's urgent to move forwards. I just wish this demon did a little more to sell the threat, because right now, freaking QARR from OOTS has presented himself as a more reasonable and effective hellish threat.
    Click the spoiler tag for a link to my forums!
    Spoiler
    Show

Please visit my forums! We've got a great community and a lot of excellent free form RPing!

Thanks to DrKarling for the awesome avatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

Qarr is a very reasonable and very hellish threat. This guy is the bottom of the totem pole for an escalating series of hellspawn. There's little reason to make him more than that.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

I like what the flea demon did, and somehow I like it even more knowing how low its power level was. Perhaps some kind of crazy spell could have been nice, but I also like how it turned out.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Minmax is fairly overpowered compared to the others, but even then I don't think he'll be more than a tier 3 of his level or so.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Firbolg in the Playground

This is OK. The whole idea of the flea demon was that it wasn't a worthy opponent, just a bringer of news: that's what made it terrible for the GAP, the stuff it was saying. Defeating it quickly and without leaving room for jokes, and with the whole group, including Minmax, working together, gives a nice feeling that they may still have doubts, but they now are a group and not going to back down easily without using up a month IRT.

So I guess this was a good page, and that a page was more than enough for this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    This is OK. The whole idea of the flea demon was that it wasn't a worthy opponent, just a bringer of news: that's what made it terrible for the GAP, the stuff it was saying. Defeating it quickly and without leaving room for jokes, and with the whole group, including Minmax, working together, gives a nice feeling that they may still have doubts, but they now are a group and not going to back down easily without using up a month IRT.

So I guess this was a good page, and that a page was more than enough for this fight.
    Good point. After all, if they had to put real effort into fighting the equivalent of a demonic flea, then this would have seemed hopeless and dark even for Goblins - and considering some of the stuff we've seen, that's saying something.

Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I happened to be listening to some Christian Rock (Okay Christian Heavy Metal. Yes it is a thing. The 90's were weird.)

Needless to say that made the battle with a demon a little more interesting.
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/armed-and...ics-petra.html

Anyways, Can anyone help me out, when and where did Complains get his new sword and where did the old one go? My internet is slow making an archive binge difficult.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    Anyways, Can anyone help me out, when and where did Complains get his new sword and where did the old one go? My internet is slow making an archive binge difficult.
    It was found on a corpse in the room with the grappling vines (or whatever those were).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

think he might have lost his old sword in there somewhere too. not sure.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

I just readed the last blog update:
    Goblins of Elderstone – Kickstarter
    October 8th, 2016

The folks over at Lost Goblin, have been working on a gorgeous game called Goblins of Elderstone.

As it’s unfinished, I have yet to play it. But check out the Kickstarter! This thing looks awesome!

But it’s missing something… I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it feels like there should be something more. Hmmm…

Of course! It needs some Thuntonian Goblins! Well fear not! The folks over at Lost Goblin are already working to add Thaco, Big Ears, Fumbles and Complains of Names to the game! And if the game does really well, they’d love to add more characters, like Minmax, Kin, etc.

So I’m urging everyone to go look at their Kickstarter and give ’em some support. We Goblins gotta stick together, ya know? They’re a bunch of really nice people who are bursting with talent and have massive amounts of passion for this project. If you have any questions for them over on the Kickstarter page, I’m sure they’d be more than happy to accommodate.

Now, I want to be very up front about my connection with this project. This is NOT my Kickstarter. This is Lost Goblin’s baby and none of the Kickstarter money comes to me. By supporting this game, you’re supporting something separate from me and my work. Also, this is not an ad, as I am not being paid to support Lost Goblin or their Kickstarter. However, adding my characters to the game is a business decision, which means that I could possibly profit (financial/exposure) down the line if the game is as successful as we all hope it is. We’re still working out the details of the contract, so I can’t yet say for certain how that will all work out. I just wanted to make sure everything is all out in the open.

Mostly though, I just have an uncontrollable NEED to play this game! Hey, maybe they’ll let me live stream it sometime!

SQUEEEEEEE! I mean… erm… manly noise of grizzled excitement.

-Tarol
    So this is not his KS, but he might get profit from it and he encourages his readership to support it and...
    Somehow, I want it to end badly so we can have MOAR DRAMA.
    Is he finally done with the GAP:game think?
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

Thanks to neoseph7 for my avatar (Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)

13. - Top - End - #133

The good part is that his Patreon doesn't show anymore buying stuff for his wife as a goal.
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

The good part is that his Patreon doesn't show anymore buying stuff for his wife as a goal.
    Lolwut?

This a joke?

15. - Top - End - #135

Unless I was really drunk multiple times when reading it, Thunt's patreon had as goal for the highest donation level buying archery equipment for his wife. I think there also was some joke about people dying running from her in it.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

icdon't think he's done with the GAR game. think he might be done making cards and is just doing other things like fine tuning or production offscreen? not sure. doesn't seem like something he would just stop though.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

New page. Also new art.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ears is now level 5, I wonder if he'll have a mount anytime soon.

I hope the story won't turn into "let's go to hell". There's Tempts Fate for this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Quild; 2016-10-25 at 08:42 AM.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

18. - Top - End - #138

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Goblinslayer was considered to be really high level in this world. He was what, 6? I suspect even Kore isn't strong enough, assuming they got through to him somehow. Yeah, they are going to have to get creative.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Don't really see Ears getting a mount myself. in Pathfinder you can instead just make your weapon more powerful, something like that would fit Big Ears better i think. granted i'm pretty sure the rules here aren't pathfinder.

Still, Vorpal and minmax were adorable.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goblinslayer was considered to be really high level in this world. He was what, 6? I suspect even Kore isn't strong enough, assuming they got through to him somehow. Yeah, they are going to have to get creative.
    I'm not sure for Dellyn's level, but Chief kills a werebear was killed by a 7th level Barbarian.
    Posting from France
    Sorry for my accent.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Btw, about what level would Kore be? I think he'd be really high-level even by OotS standards, and he could probably take on Belkar or Haley, or even Elan, but I just don't think he's strong as Roy. To say nothing of the other two members - Durkon would probably go Thor's Might on him and squash him flat, while V could blast him to oblivion.

Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

He cast Holy Sword, so he's at minimum 14th level.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    He cast Holy Sword, so he's at minimum 14th level.
    Where was that? I didn't read the entire comic, since I'm relatively new. I just skimmed most of it and only paid proper attention to the newer parts. Most of my knowledge of this comic comes from Tvtropes.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2016-10-28 at 07:41 PM.

Extended sig here.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Where was that? I didn't read the entire comic, since I'm relatively new. I just skimmed most of it and only paid proper attention to the newer parts. Most of my knowledge of this comic comes from Tvtropes.
    During the fight on the bridge. So only...6 months ago?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    During the fight on the bridge. So only...6 months ago?
    Oh. Damn my poor memory and attention span. Still, I think Durkon or V could take him on easily in a fair fight.

Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #146

It was more than five years ago, actually.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/01042011-6/

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

It was more than five years ago, actually.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/01042011-6/
    Oh. Btw you'd think Holy Sword would only give a weapon the special enhancements and abilities, not actually turn it into a sword.

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Colossus in the Playground

Goblins doesnt run entirely on strict RAW. There is plenty of rule of cool that gets added in instead.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Goblins doesnt run entirely on strict RAW. There is plenty of rule of cool that gets added in instead.
    Technically it functions on a heavily houseruled version of 3.5, and those rules are being strictly enforced. However, nothing says that Holy Sword doesn't do that, and since it is called that, it's not that much of a stretch.

Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #150

RedWizardGuy

Btw, about what level would Kore be? I think he'd be really high-level even by OotS standards, and he could probably take on Belkar or Haley, or even Elan, but I just don't think he's strong as Roy. To say nothing of the other two members - Durkon would probably go Thor's Might on him and squash him flat, while V could blast him to oblivion.
    Wasn't one of Thunt's projects some sort of card game? I vaguely remember a picture saying Kore with level 15 on it.