New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: The Dragon Empire IC, Part III

Azrin says a quick blessing on River. "Go. Save our friend!" Then he reloads and steps closer to the action, aiming carefully into the fray.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Azrin gives River Guidance and takes a 5' step closer to get a better angle into the grapple. He could just shoot but I think I'd rather give River a little extra oomph to help out the Captain this round. We'll see, I guess.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

River nods to Azrin and leaps nimbly over the fallen bookshelf.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    cant get into my mythweavers. My phone is very unwieldy. Could you make the acro check for me GM?
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show
    WAKING NIGHTMARES (Page Link) (Map Link)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Pushing past the Puppetmaster, Ed leaps at him from the stairs and grabs him. River comes up from behind and punches the small man in the middle of the back, causing a cracking noise. Edmund feels the man's body grow chill through his clothes as he struggles against Edmund's grip and tries to redo the spell he'd failed, only to have the energy dissipate once more. "How vexing," he says without a care in the world.

Claudia comes up to the grapple, whip in hand. "Hold him still, I will bind him with this."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Edmund grapples the Puppetmaster.
    Azrin casts Guidance on River and loads his gun.
    River leaps the shelf and frost-punches the Puppetmaster for 18 damage. He is moderately injured.
    Claudia approaches.

Puppetmaster fails to cast Black Tentacles again.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Slightly disturbed by the cultist's cavalier attitude, Edmund shifts his grip, spinning around behind the Puppetmaster and locking him into a choke hold. "Gag him first - I don't want any more spells. We can figure out why he's so cheery once we get out of here."

Show
    Ed is attempting to pin the Puppetmaster. He has a +5 to grapple now that the foe failed to break the hold.

Grapple: (1d20+13)[29]

5. - Top - End - #365

River assists Ed in his grappling of the puppetmaster.

Spoiler: Grapple Check
    Show
    (1d20+8)[27]
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #366

BlueKnightGuy

"Point. Make sure he doesn't spit it out," Claudia takes some clothes off of one of the dolls lying around and stuffs it in the Puppetmaster's mouth, then begins expertly hogtying him with her whip. She adds as she works, "We should just kill the other one that surrendered. Otherwise he might decide to change his mind and report back."

During the entire process, the Puppetmaster is disturbingly calm, but he doesn't stop struggling. He just chooses his moments and goes for where he feels a bit of slack, and Ed isn't convinced it's not just an attempt to annoy them, since his chances of success are nil. Particularly once Claudia is done.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund gives her a long look. "We're not killing any captives, cultists or otherwise. Plus, he might be useful for verifying what this one tells us."

Once Claudia is done, Edmund dumps the Puppetmaster unceremoniously on the floor and rushes over to kneel beside Olivin. Ignoring the grievous slash marks across the sailor's chest he leans down to listen for breathing.

"He's still alive!" Ed holds out his hands and channels healing energy into the wounds. As the magic does its work, he leans back on his haunches, spent from the effort.

After a few moments to catch his breath, Ed returns to Claudia and the Puppetmaster. "Let's collect the other one and search this place thoroughly. We'll need to check over the estate as well. There might be some clues as to where they've taken our people. Then we should head back for the temple to interrogate our prisoners. Have your soldiers cleared out the rest of the cultists?"

Show
    The party survives! (for now)

Edmund's last CLW for the evening:
    CLW: (1d8+5)[10]

8. - Top - End - #368

BlueKnightGuy

"If they haven't, they'll be eating table scraps tonight," Claudia answers the last question gruffly. "We can't stay. The guard'll be coming soon, and they'll have too many questions, including what happened to this fella in their uniform. Leave looking for clues to me. I got ways to go unseen."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund nods reluctantly. He quickly searches the Puppetmaster to see what the man is carrying, speaking as he does so. "Alright. We'll grab Huemes and head straight for the temple then. Any ideas for getting our captives there unseen? I don't particularly want to carry a bunch of struggling prisoners over my shoulder through the streets of Stalling."

His face darkens and his voice grows more somber. "And we'll need to bring Orville's body back as well. I have to explain what happened to Lorey."

10. - Top - End - #370

BlueKnightGuy

"Dragging a dead guardsman through the city?" Claudia asks snottily, scowling at the idea. "You already want to get not one, but two prisoners out of here. I've got the back ways of this city known to heart, but your expectations are a little high."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Azrin still looks a bit shaken, and still keeps his musket ready in case the puppet-doll-thing tries anything.

"Sir, perhaps one of us could venture out to fetch a cart or carriage? Or a proper doctor?"

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund pointedly ignores Claudia, turning to Azrin instead. "Good idea. I'd prefer not to involve anyone else, if we can avoid it, but a cart or wagon could work."

He looks back up at the priestess. "Do your people have something like that?"

13. - Top - End - #373

BlueKnightGuy

"We don't. You can rent carriages and wagons at the west-gate stables though. They got decent rates."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"I think this potion may be just what we need, Sir! It may summon a carriage, if my knowledge serves. ...We may want to drink it outside, in a suitable space."

"Mr. River, I will want to study this vest further, tomorrow, since I see you eyeing its cut. It has a strong aura, but not an evil one, that I can tell. The Captain should probably give this stuff the once-over in that regard, too."

Azrin heads outside with the Carriage Potion, with the goal of giving it a try.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ed looks over at Azrin, clearly surprised. "You're kidding. Well, I suppose we were about due for a bit of luck. We'll collect the prisoners and Orville and prepare to load them up. Send me a Message when the carriage is ready and the coast is clear."

Edmund turns back to Claudia. "Take River with you. It'll be faster searching the estate with two people, and he's as fast and quiet as anyone. We'll take everything back to the temple and meet you there."

Spoiler: Assuming that's okay - ignore this if otherwise
    Show
    Edmund hands River the invisibility potion and one of the Infernal Healing potions. "Take these in case you get into any trouble. Watch your back and we'll see you back at the temple."

Edmund double checks the prisoners bindings and gags, then loads them up in the carriage upon receiving
    Azrin's 'all clear'. During the carriage ride he takes a moment to help identify the captured magic items.

16. - Top - End - #376

River (who was indeed looking over the light vest while crouched down to regain his stamina) nods in agreement to Azrin, then turns to Ed and accepts the potions, downing the infernal healing right away, and feeling much better for it. It had been a long day, but it wasn't over yet. "Thanks sir. See you soon."

River turns to Fortuna, "Let's do this."

Spoiler: Health
    Show
    Sitting at 27/43 hp after healing I believe, plus recovered a number of stamina points = to the number of minutes River has been able to catch his breath RW.
    Last edited by Aeryk; 2017-02-07 at 02:15 PM.
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #377

DwarfFighterGuy

After the captains healing Olivin rouses. He looks up the blurry eyes in confusion. After several more moments he sits up slowly. The conversation spins around him but he seems oblivious. Eventually he comes too his senses and recognizes the one who took him down. He glares, then looks around for his whip and takes if firmly in his hand.

Olivin will follow wherever the cultist is going with a readied action to attack it if it attempts to escape. And let the others work out a plan.

18. - Top - End - #378

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: River
    Show
    Let's go with 2 stamina points recovered.

"If you really have to," Claudia starts walking back down the hallway, alongside River. "Huemes, take the prisoner and go with Ed and them. I want my whip back when they're done using it as a rope." She proceeds past, into the door she and Huemes emerged from.

Huemes takes the cultist, tied up using his own robes, and hauls him to the doll cellar where the others are. "Hey. I heard we have transport?"

The gagged Puppetmaster makes a stifled laugh.

Spoiler: Azrin
    Show
    Stepping outside, Azrin decides to try out the potion. He downs it where there is room in the back alley, and finds that nothing happens, but soon after his stomach starts gurgling. His vision grows blurry, and then goes black.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund eyes the Puppetmaster suspiciously, then takes him by the scruff of the neck and drags him towards the stairs. With a nod to Huemes and Olivin he peeks around the door to check for witnesses and see where Azrin has set up.

20. - Top - End - #380

BlueKnightGuy

Edmund doesn't see Azrin anywhere, but there is a fancy black carriage with steel-grey accents. It is attached to two dark brown horses with beige splotches. By the looks of it there is room for six people to comfortably fit inside, and two people in the driver's seat.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund admire the carriage for a moment, then glances around in confusion at Azrin's absence. He hands off the Puppetmaster to Olivin and signals Huemes to start loading the carriage.

Ed walks a loop around the carriage, placing a calming hand on one horse's shoulder as he passes. He calls out in a low voice. "Azrin?"

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Spoiler: Azrin, maybe?
    Show
    "Welcome! Climb on in, let's get me on the road, eh?" Says Azrin, if he can say anything, or think anything, or whatever.

23. - Top - End - #383

BlueKnightGuy

There is no audible response from Azrin. Both prisoners are lifted into the interior of the carriage, and Huemes watches them both - the Puppetmaster with particular caution.

Show
    It feels as though Azrin is having an out of body experience once the inky blackness pulls back. His point of reference can float around the carriage with some effort, and phase inside. Edmund doesn't seem to hear him when he talks. Azrin isn't sure he even has a mouth.

"Looks like he's finally gone. What a relief," Edmund says, chuckling as he pets one of the horses.

Spoiler: River
    Show
    The tunnel past the door leads further away, then comes up inside a groundskeeper's gardening shed. There are tools on a rack on one wall and a table in the middle of the room for repairing or working on whatever needs it. There is a door with a window leading outside, and another, interior door.

"This is attached to the manor," Claudia nods to the interior door. She closes the trapdoor behind them and it looks like just another tile in the floor when shut. She demonstrates with her foot how to pop the handle up to open it, which seems to be operated by a pressure plate.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    Show
    It feels as though Azrin is having an out of body experience once the inky blackness pulls back. His point of reference can float around the carriage with some effort, and phase inside. Edmund doesn't seem to hear him when he talks. Azrin isn't sure he even has a mouth.

"Looks like he's finally gone. What a relief," Edmund says, chuckling as he pets one of the horses.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Azrin says, "What? No, I'm right here!" Or he tries to.

25. - Top - End - #385

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    "Are you?" Edmund looks right up at Azrin where he floats and sneers, "Or are you dead?"

"Capt'n, what'd ye expect?" leaning out of the coach, Olivin looks down at Edmund, "Guy like that, ain't got no place on'a battlefield. Couch potato's what he was. Was gon'appen sooner 'r later."
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2017-02-12 at 08:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Show
    "Are you?" Edmund looks right up at Azrin where he floats and sneers, "Or are you dead?"

"Capt'n, what'd ye expect?" leaning out of the coach, Olivin looks down at Edmund, "Guy like that, ain't got no place on'a battlefield. Couch potato's what he was. Was gon'appen sooner 'r later."
    Show
    "Dead? What? Mister Olivin! Captain, do you hear this insolence? What's gotten into you two?" Azrin attempts to cast detect magic to look at them for enchantments.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2017-02-12 at 09:01 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund continues around the carriage, staring up the alley for any sign of Azrin. A cold weight settles in his stomach as suspicion turns to dread.

Edmund draws his glaive and charges up the stairs into the carriage. He grabs the Puppetmaster by the scruff of the neck and throws him bodily onto his back in the footwell. He stands over the cultist menacingly and holds his glaive to the man's throat. The cold blade hovers there, deathly still.

After a few long seconds of silence he speaks. "One word I don't like, and you'll suffer for it."

He uses the tip of the blade to work the gag out of the cultist's mouth. The cloth sits just underneath his bottom lip as the razor sharp metal resumes its place at the Puppetmaster's throat.

Edmund's voice is cold and flat. "Tell me where the gnome is."

Show
    If he starts to cast anything, Edmund is going to stab something non-vital (readying non-lethal attack).
    Last edited by H. Von Studley; 2017-02-12 at 09:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

BlueKnightGuy

"Well he's dead, of course," the Puppetmaster answers coolly, without a hint of inflection. "The potion made this carriage burst out of him."

Spoiler: Sense Motive
    Show
    Edmund and Olivin are unable to detect any dishonesty.

Show
    Azrin tries to use magic, but he feels nothing move, no limbs to gesticulate, no tongue to incant.

Edmund climbs into the cabin of the carriage and sits the doll-man up, ungagging him. "Well, what do you have to say? What happened to the gnome?"

"Well he's dead, of course," the Puppetmaster answers gleefully, looking right up at where Azrin's eyes should be. A cool smile creeps across his face.

"Then I guess he wasn't worth our time," Edmund says. "He never should have left his cozy little house and his cozy little wife."

"Such a shame she'll be left lonely," the cultist laments as his smiling face stays locked on Azrin.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Show
    "Well he's dead, of course," the Puppetmaster answers gleefully, looking right up at where Azrin's eyes should be. A cool smile creeps across his face.

"Then I guess he wasn't worth our time," Edmund says. "He never should have left his cozy little house and his cozy little wife."

"Such a shame she'll be left lonely," the cultist laments as his smiling face stays locked on Azrin.
    Show
    "Oy, maybe it's me, not them... Devil magic, indeed, this is my own fault." Azrin muses to himself, taking a moment to reflect.

"If I'm dead, where's my body? If I'm dead, how come you're looking right at me?" Angry, Azrin tries slamming the door of the carriage on the "puppetmaster's" foot.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Well he's dead, of course," the Puppetmaster answers coolly, without a hint of inflection. "The potion made this carriage burst out of him."
    Ed remains cold and stony-faced. "Not good enough. If you wanted a getaway vehicle you'd carry a scroll. If you wanted a booby trap you'd carry poison, or a magical equivalent. The carriage is too specific. It doesn't make sense."

He presses the blade harder against the man's throat, hard enough to draw blood. "Try again."