New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Dragon Empire IC, Part III

"No," he replies, unfazed by the threats of the larger man. "You can't kill me, you need me. Your threats are baseless."

Spoiler: Azrin
    Show
    The carriage fails to obey Azrin's direction, and it just seems to amuse the devil-worshipper more. "If you're alive, why are you so helpless?"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund lifts the blade slightly, releasing some of the pressure on the cultist's throat. "No, you're right. I'm not going to kill you."

He steps forward and puts a boot on the man's right wrist, pinning his arm in place. He lifts the glaive and rests the blade on the Puppetmaster's bicep. "I don't need your arms though. Are you right-handed or left handed?"

3. - Top - End - #393

BlueKnightGuy

"Left," he answers without hesitation. "I am not like the weakling seated across from me, captain. I am not cattle. I am strong. Whatever is done to me, I will overcome." The other cultist, who'd surrendered, looks down at the floor.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund stares down at him for a long moment before finally lifting the weapon and placing it back against the cultist's chest. The way he holds it is less threatening now, more precautionary. When he speaks his tone is still cold, but less dangerous and bit more diplomatic.

"Yes I suppose you will. Well, what do you want then? I don't believe that my man is dead, so what will it take to get him back?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm actually kinda glad he was resilient, because it meant there was no point pushing forward, and threatening is about as far as Ed is willing to go. Interrogating cultists is hard.

5. - Top - End - #395

BlueKnightGuy

"The question is, captain, what do you want? You are not one of the Calistrians. Why help them capture me?"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Because your people have captured one of mine and I want him back. The navy looks after its own. And how do you know me? I don't believe we've met."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWombat View Post
    The tunnel past the door leads further away, then comes up inside a groundskeeper's gardening shed. There are tools on a rack on one wall and a table in the middle of the room for repairing or working on whatever needs it. There is a door with a window leading outside, and another, interior door.

"This is attached to the manor," Claudia nods to the interior door. She closes the trapdoor behind them and it looks like just another tile in the floor when shut. She demonstrates with her foot how to pop the handle up to open it, which seems to be operated by a pressure plate.[/SPOILER]
    River takes a careful look out the window studying the manor and the grounds to see what he can see. "Alright. So we split up and see what we can find, then meet back here? I have an invisibility potion that I think lasts about 5 minutes. How long do you think we'll need?"
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show
    WAKING NIGHTMARES (Page Link) (Map Link)

8. - Top - End - #398

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin looks at Edmund then at the puppet-master. "Sir, If you don' wan' to do it thin I gladly will. He may claim he c'n take it, but we will see." He scowls viciously at the puppet master and pulls his whip back. "Don' worry Cap'in I won't kill him, just hol' him against the carriage. These fella's laugh at weakness and mercy. Dee orcs taught me dat. The orcs also taught me some-thin else too,... talks cheap." Now his scowl turns to a grin. "Let me see just how cheap 'is talk is."

9. - Top - End - #399

BlueKnightGuy

The Puppetmaster looks Olivin up and down as he flexes his whip. "The freed slave?" The man's eyes go over to Edmund again, "We know of your crew. We've been following your exploits. Impressive, if I may say so. Our goals align more than you might think."

"The other captain was an unintended capture. We needed two sacrifices, and intended to use two Calistrians. The idiots who captured them did not know who he was in plainclothes. I'm willing to offer a deal in exchange for his safe return. I have that authority."

"You can't trust him," Huemes voices his concern, "Do not let him speak. Claudia has ways to get the information we need without listening to his poison." His hand rests on the pommel of his curved sword.

"Yes, listen to the Calistrians. So much more trustworthy, aren't they? They haven't manipulated you at all to their own benefit?" the Puppetmaster asks, eyes still locked on Edmund.

Spoiler: River
    Show
    Claudia opens the interior door into the manner, which leads into what looks like a servant's quarters. Outside through the windows River sees a small garden with flowering shrubs.

"I paid off some corrupt guards. We got a few before they send anyone to the disturbance. Look for maps, docs, notes, anything. I'm checking the master bedroom," Claudia walks inside and through the servants' quarters, through another door.

The quarters has two doors, one Claudia left through and another unopened. There are two people in the servants' beds, lying dead, killed in their sleep. Another woke up and managed to grab a knife of his own, one of the ceremonial cult daggers. He lies on the floor of the room instead, weapon beside him, still in his nightclothes.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Show
    Oh man, it's getting good now.

Edmund glances over at Huemes, staring meaningfully at the hand resting on the sword. "Easy now. We're just talking."

He looks back at the Puppetmaster. "What kind of a deal are we talking about here? And you still haven't told me where the gnome went."

11. - Top - End - #401

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh, that?" the Puppetmaster gets a cheeky grin, "The potion was cursed to turn the drinker into a carriage and taunt their mind. Prisoner transport and interrogation pre-prep in one. As for the deal, we still need two sacrifices. Any old ones would do, but the Calistrians have been a thorn in our side. Claudia for Captain Rory, and we owe you a favor as a cherry on top. How's that sound?"

"No," Huemes interjects. He doesn't make a move to attack, but is tense.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund seems less amused at the thought of the potion torturing Azrin. "And the curse will end when the potion duration expires?"

He feels Huemes tensing up behind him but stays focused on the Puppetmaster, trusting Olivin to watch his back. "What do you need the sacrifices for?"

13. - Top - End - #403

BlueKnightGuy

"The Dark Lord has bid us summon a devil to fight the strix. And don't worry so much, your gnome will be fine when the carriage goes."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund pauses a moment, taken aback. "What interest does the Dark Lord have in fighting the Strix?

"And that's sounding like a pretty one-sided deal to me. How do we even know Rory is still alive?"

15. - Top - End - #405

BlueKnightGuy

"The Strix are a threat. You have my word that Rory lives, but that will not be the case if I fail to arrive on time. They will cut losses and eliminate all witnesses."

"Which is why we can't afford to be sidetracked by his manipulation, Edmund," urges Huemes.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"And where are you to arrive, and when?"

17. - Top - End - #407

BlueKnightGuy

Puppetmaster clicks his tongue and hisses through his teeth, as though remembering something important he'd forgotten, "So sorry. Can't tell you that. Not until we come to terms."

18. - Top - End - #408

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin grabs the puppet master by the throat and tightens his grip. "I 'ave your terms right here." he tightens his grip enough that the man can't talk. He looks to the captain and requests"Let me have a go at him." He turns back to the puppet-master and lets go of his throat, grabbing his Cat o' Nine instead of his regular whip. "Have you ever met the Captain's Daughter? Maybe the Captain would let me introduce you?"

He runs the whip along the puppet master's lower lip. "You've never 'ad a kiss like her's."
    Last edited by brandnewb; 2017-02-13 at 10:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409

Claudia opens the interior door into the manner, which leads into what looks like a servant's quarters. Outside through the windows River sees a small garden with flowering shrubs.

"I paid off some corrupt guards. We got a few before they send anyone to the disturbance. Look for maps, docs, notes, anything. I'm checking the master bedroom," Claudia walks inside and through the servants' quarters, through another door.

The quarters has two doors, one Claudia left through and another unopened. There are two people in the servants' beds, lying dead, killed in their sleep. Another woke up and managed to grab a knife of his own, one of the ceremonial cult daggers. He lies on the floor of the room instead, weapon beside him, still in his nightclothes.
    River moves through the servants' quarters to the unopened door, somewhat dismayed by the carnage. He keeps the invisibility potion at the ready, just in case, then opens the door slowly after listening through the door for a moment. He keeps light on his feet, watching for any sign of danger, including from the apparently dead slaves.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #410

BlueKnightGuy

The prisoner looks up at Olivin, joyless smile still upon his face, then looks to see how Edmund will react.

Show
    Through the door is the kitchen, which doesn't seem to have seen combat. Mostly undisturbed, there are several cupboards and an ice box. Another door here, which probably leads to the dining room.

21. - Top - End - #411

Through the door is the kitchen, which doesn't seem to have seen combat. Mostly undisturbed, there are several cupboards and an ice box. Another door here, which probably leads to the dining room.
    River walks through cautiously and observantly, as usual. He pauses at the other door, giving it a quick search for traps, then listening through to the other side, then opening it slowly. All the while he keeps his potion ready.

Show
    This will be River's SOP for doors in this house until there is a reason to do otherwise. Keeping a readied action to drink the potion should he spot anyone (other than Fortuna).

Perception check:(1d20+11)[20]
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seeing the Puppetmaster remaining firm in the face of Olivin's threats, Edmund shakes his head. "Not here. We have to get moving before the guard arrives."

He nods to Huemes. "You drive. Take us back to the temple."

Finally he looks back at the Puppetmaster. "Last chance. If Claudia can really make you talk then you're running out of time to make a deal. Give me something I can use. I want Rory and the girl returned unharmed, and I want compensation for the ordeal that your mistake put them and my crew through. And I'm definitely not giving you any sacrifices.

"But if you meet my demands, then you might get to escape with your life. I can protect you from Claudia. Whatever other secrets she wants to tear out of you can remain secret."

23. - Top - End - #413

BlueKnightGuy

Huemes reluctantly climbs out of the cab and into the driver's seat. The carriage begins moving out of the alley.

"You know I can't do all of that," the Puppetmaster lowers his voice so that Huemes can't eavesdrop as easily. "I can give you one piece of information as a gesture of good faith. We have a mole, among the Calistrians. We know that Claudia is planning an assassination. One Admiral Kolomon Grimace."

Show
    The door is unlocked and untrapped. River steps through into the dining room, where two Asmodean footsoldiers lie dead. There's a third person dead, dressed like an Asmodean but clearly having been fighting them. It seems some of Claudia's men had gone in in disguise.

On the solid wooden dining table is a half-eaten meal of mutton and carrots. A few roses in a vase decorate the center of the table, and the table cloth has a similar floral theme.

There are a pair of double doors here.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2017-02-14 at 08:33 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Surprise flashes across Edmund face for a moment before he regains his composure. He searches the Puppetmaster's face for deception, but finds nothing telling in the man's cool stare.

"Pretty convenient bit of information, if you wanted me to distrust the Calistrians. Why would she do that? Do you have any evidence?"

25. - Top - End - #415

BlueKnightGuy

"The man who got this information was in the manor. Probably dead, another loose end she's tied up," he answers, smile never fading even now. Actually, it might be part of the makeup, come to think of it. "Confront her about it. Catch her off guard. Then decide if you're willing to take my offer. We get the Calistrians, and your man is safe."

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"And why kill the Admiral? What's in it for the Calistrians?"

27. - Top - End - #417

BlueKnightGuy

"They think he's one of us. Wrong, but we can't step back and let them bumble into the wrong kill. The loss of Kolomon will gravely harm this nation's military, which we just can't have with the Strix coming."

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"And when does she plan to do it? How does she plan to do it?"

Show
    RW, can you please let us know when we're getting close to the temple?
    Last edited by H. Von Studley; 2017-02-14 at 09:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419

The door is unlocked and untrapped. River steps through into the dining room, where two Asmodean footsoldiers lie dead. There's a third person dead, dressed like an Asmodean but clearly having been fighting them. It seems some of Claudia's men had gone in in disguise.

On the solid wooden dining table is a half-eaten meal of mutton and carrots. A few roses in a vase decorate the center of the table, and the table cloth has a similar floral theme.

There are a pair of double doors here.
    River does a quick search of the room looking for anything of interest, then checks the Asmodeans and the guy dressed as an Asmodean before proceeding to the double doors and going through them in similar fashion to the previous one.
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #420

BlueKnightGuy

"I don't know the details, but soon."

Show
    The two Asmodeans have clubs and daggers, while the disguised man has a dagger and a whip. Double doors open up into the main entry, where stairs lead up to a small landing. There are a few doors up there. The main doors are also here, to the front of the small manor, and a walkway to the gates of the fenced in yard. A door beneath the stairs leads to the servant's quarters where he and Claudia began. Lastly there is another set of double doors across from the dining room.

In the entrance room there are two dead footsoldiers and a dead cultist, plus another Calistrian casualty dressed as the enemy.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2017-02-15 at 04:46 PM.