New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Dragon Empire IC, Part III

"I will have a runner sent to confirm your story with the Guard Captain while I speak with the rest," Orville agrees. "There was an elf outside of the building who attacked Fortuna and fled the scene upon our intervention. Do you know anything about him?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund nods. "Yes. He was the one who tipped us off about the kidnapping ring and Fortuna's involvement."

3. - Top - End - #93

BlueKnightGuy

"How did your crew meet this elf?"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ed hesitates. "It's ...complicated. A friend of mine has gone missing, and we came across the elf while trying to track him down. My apologies - I realise that sounds vague, but it's a sensitive issue and I just met you. I'm willing to go into more detail with the Captain, when she arrives."

5. - Top - End - #95

BlueKnightGuy

"If that's what it takes. Is there anything else I need to know?"

If Ed has nothing left to say, he is sent back out of the room. Orville gives Kenneth the order to fetch a messenger and summon the Captain of the Guard, and Kenneth leaves the room to do so.

The second thug is called in next and the questioning is very brief. After it passes, River is called in to speak with Orville.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund shakes his head. "What is Fortuna saying happened?"

7. - Top - End - #97

BlueKnightGuy

"I haven't gotten to her yet," Orville answers before the interview comes to a close. "And if I had I couldn't discuss what she'd have said with you."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund shrugs at that and turns to leave. He eyes the thug coldly as they pass each other.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground

River enters the interrogation room quietly, eyeballing Orville as he walks in, but keeping a blank expression. He is much calmer now that everybody has been brought in for questioning. Surely the truth would be found out...
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show
    WAKING NIGHTMARES (Page Link) (Map Link)

10. - Top - End - #100

BlueKnightGuy

Passing Edmund, the thug meets his gaze without a change of expression.

As River enters the room, Orville takes a seat and gestures for River to do the same opposite him. "Please tell me your side of what happened, from the beginning."

11. - Top - End - #101

River nods, thinking on how to tell the truth of the matter without revealing anything about Captain Rory. "Well, we found out that some people had gone missing, so we decided to look in to it. We found out that the cult of Asmodeus was involved, and that Fortuna was one of them, so we went to her shop to try and find out some information on where they might be keeping their captives. While we were in the shop, Fortuna's thugs assaulted us unprovoked." River indicates the congealing blood down the back of his head. "We were trying to defend ourselves and catch Fortuna before she escaped when you all came along."
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #102

BlueKnightGuy

Orville scrunches up his face in surprise. "The Cult of Asmodeus? How are they involved?"

13. - Top - End - #103

River pauses, wondering if he's said too much, but realizes it's too late to take back his words. "That I don't really know. Just that we got a tip from a confidential source that they have been kidnapping people in the area, and that Fortuna is one of them."
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #104

BlueKnightGuy

"Who is this source?" Orville asks, pointedly. "If they have proof the cult of Asmodeus has come out of hiding, this matter should have been brought straight to the castle. This is a major threat we're talking about."

15. - Top - End - #105

River looks at Orville apologetically and replies, "I'm afraid I can't discuss that. As I said, it's confidential."
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueKnightGuy

"If you will not speak to me, I trust you will speak with the guard captain," Orville replies sternly. He sits back in his chair and asks, "There was an elf outside of the shop who attacked Fortuna as she fled. Was he one of your group?"

17. - Top - End - #107

River nods, "My apologies, of course sir, I will be able to disclose more to Captain Lorey. As for the elf, he was not part of our group, but is a friend of our informant."
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #108

BlueKnightGuy

"I see," Orville nods, eyeing River suspiciously. "Is that all?"

19. - Top - End - #109

"Yes sir. Please, I'm not trying to hide anything, but I have given my word that I would not discuss the details unless absolutely necessary." River stands as if to leave, presuming he is allowed to do so.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueKnightGuy

"So long as you are willing to speak to the Guard Captain, there will not be a problem," Orville stands and unlocks the door, letting River out. He points at Fortuna and gestures for her to enter next.

The interrogation of the witch takes longer than that of the thugs, leaving the crew sitting for several minutes. Eventually she is let out, and takes her seat with a subtle frown on her face.

Orville gestures to Olivin last. When the two take a seat he asks, "Before we begin, can you confirm whether you are affiliated with the crew of the Northeastern Fog?"

21. - Top - End - #111

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin nods "Yes Sir, Im part of the crew. I just wanted to make sure everyone got arrested. Some peoples lives may be at risk if we are not careful. The best thing is if no-one got away." Olivin smile, " We be lookin into the disappearance of a navy person. We had let 'ur guard captain know. Our questions led us to this group who also had someone missing. They led us to the kidnappers. They feared that if the guards found out the captives would be killed." Olivin takes a pause and continues

"The Captian and his group went in ta talk to that store keeper. I stayed outside to ask the shop keepers some questions. I found them to be very scared and not willing to answer questions. When the thugs arrived they became down right frightened. In response to my question about who they were one drew a pentagram on her shop stall. But would not say more. Then when the fighting started I went to help.

22. - Top - End - #112

BlueKnightGuy

"Alright, so a member of the navy and a member of another group are missing. Can you tell me who they are?" Orville asks.

23. - Top - End - #113

DwarfFighterGuy

"Well Im sorry Sir but I am not sure how much I am allowed to say." Olivin sighs, "When I first 'eard about all this my said go to the guard house. Get a couple dozen of you fellas to come with us and go crack some skulls. But they seemed ta think getting the guard involved would kill the missing folks. I really dont want to say to much more incase I have already said to much.

24. - Top - End - #114

BlueKnightGuy

Orville glances at the door, then leans forward and whispers despite the relatively soundproof room, "Does your crew suspect the guard has been compromised?"

25. - Top - End - #115

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin shrugs, "No one right said it. And the navy is purty friendly wit da guard. But dat is the only reason I can see." Olivin eyes the guardmen up and down clearly assessing him, "Probably best if you only discuss it with ur Captain, jus' in case."

26. - Top - End - #116

BlueKnightGuy

""Yeah," Orville sits up straight again, looking a little uncomfortable. He takes out some parchment and an inkpen, "Can you give me descriptions of the shops you visited and spoke with? I can at least look into what's going on there."

27. - Top - End - #117

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin frowns, "I don't know that you'll get much out of them if they don' feel protected. But once the dust settles I can go show you which ones I spoke to. Askin' question righ' now might just tip off the kidnappers. I hope I have helped. Don't know if I should say much more."

28. - Top - End - #118

BlueKnightGuy

Orville sighs and puts down the pen, "I can't make you tell me if you don't want to. C'mon, let's go wait for my Captain to get here."

Orville and Olivin exit the room and Orville addresses everyone gathered in the waiting area, "Everyone hold tight. We're waiting for Kenneth to get back."

Shifting in her seat, Fortuna watches the door. The two thugs sit with impassive expressions.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund sits still and quiet, trying to maintain his composure. Inwardly, he curses in frustration as valuable time slips away.
    Last edited by H. Von Studley; 2016-10-16 at 11:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

BlueKnightGuy

An awkward silence hangs in the air as the guards wait. Then the door opens and Hindrick enters, accompanied by a masked Claudia; though the crew recognizes her outfit. Her mask is white with bright red lips and painted eyelashes around the eye holes. "Orville, this good lady wants to speak with y-"

Claudia cuts him off and speaks over him, "I got the location of a high-ranking member of the Cult of Asmodeus. If you want him removed, gimme the Captain and his men. I need muscle." The awkward silence is replaced with a stunned one, except for Fortuna, who snerks.

"What's the meaning of this?!" Orville exclaims as it starts to sink in. One of the Asmodean thugs begins to stand, but Greg is on point and delivers a blow from his sap, causing him to rethink this action and stagger back into his chair.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2016-10-17 at 01:00 AM.