Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 429444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1629
  1. - Top - End - #1591
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: The Dragon Empire IC, Part III

Spoiler: River
    Show
    "..seen...about yea...spider?" River overhears the Asmodean asking the passerby he's talking to, an elven man.

The passerby makes a nervous laugh, pointing in the direction that Edmund ad the others went with Denver, "It was...believe it?...gone mad."

Making a chuckle of agreement, the Asmodean nods along with the elf. He takes off his glaces and wipes away a bit of something from them. "Couldn't...my eyes...good..." Soon, the two part ways with a noncommittal wave and break off from one another. The Asmodean carries on towards the intersection ahead, where the guardhouse Denver was taken to is situated.

2. - Top - End - #1592
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Heads up," whispers River via message, "The Asmodean knows where you are, headed your way."
    River allows the man to get a decent distance away, then follows doing his best to look casual.
    Spoiler: Playing as...
    Show

Spoiler: GM of...
    Show
    WAKING NIGHTMARES (Page Link) (Map Link)

3. - Top - End - #1593
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Got it. Moving now." Edmund hurries the group around the corner of the block, breaking line of sight with the Asmodean's angle of approach.

4. - Top - End - #1594

BlueKnightGuy

The man River is following reaches the intersection, stopping to look around. Spying a shop with a good view of the intersection, he reaches up and ruffles his hair, giving himself a more disheveled look. Running over to the store with a distraught expression, the Asmodean agent slips inside and out of sight of the street.

5. - Top - End - #1595

River delays slightly, then follows into the scriptorium as just any other patron might do.
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #1596

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin waits beside the Captain and states, "If ya' want I c'n go cover da back doors if he happins ta go into a building. I'm sure he'll be trippin' all over himself when he sees me." Olivin says the last part jokingly and wiggles his whip.

7. - Top - End - #1597
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edmund smiles despite the situation, but shakes his head. "I'm sure he would, but better not. We don't want to risk them seeing us and giving it away. Trust River. He'll get it done."

8. - Top - End - #1598

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    Entering the scriptorium, River finds it to be a rather mundane-looking shop for books and writing materials - though there is a section set aside with glass cases displaying magical inks and quills for those so-inclined.

The Asmodean has approached the counter and is talking with the person at the counter, a young elven girl. A black cat lays on the counter lazily flicking its tail.

"- about yea tall, accompanied by a big spider?" River enters in the middle of the Asmodean asking the elf a question. He looks over when the door opens and the small bells above it jingle, but returns his attention to the girl when he sees River browsing the wares.

"Oh sure! I saw one of the guardspeople taking him there to the corner," the girl points out one of the windows to the guardpost across the street.

Holding a hand to his forehead, the Asmodean sighs, "What a goof. He must've gone and gotten himself in trouble again. Thanks for the help," he reaches into his picket and flips the girl a gold coin. She picks it up and bites it, then smiles and tucks it in her pocket.

"No problem! Good luck!" the elf waves as the Asmodean turns and passes River to exit the store again. She turns her attention to River and smiles helpfully, "Do you need help finding anything sir?"

9. - Top - End - #1599

River allows the Asmodean to exit without paying him any attention, looking to the girl instead. "Yes, I was wondering if you keep copies of records here as part of your services?" He allows the girl to start talking before casually casting a glance over his shoulder out the window to keep an eye on the Asmodean's progress towards his friends' position.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #1600

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    "What kind of records?" the girl quirks her head, "We'd be happy to help copy out anything you need multiples of! If you're looking for city records though, it's my dad that would be able to help you more. He's friends with the recordkeeper at the city hall library."

Over his shoulder, River sees the disguised Asmodean heading across the way towards the guard post on the corner.

Spoiler: Ed, Oli, Azrin
    Show
    The man River had been following exits the scriptorium again and walks at a brisk pace towards the guard post. There is no sign of River following yet.

11. - Top - End - #1601

"Hmm. Looking for copies of research papers from the university." River replies, "I'll be back later, maybe I can talk to your dad then, but I have some friends waiting on me at the moment. Thank you!" River turns and leaves abruptly, having waited long enough to let the Asmodean get close to the corner. He doesn't follow right away, just steps out of the shop and looks up and down the street as if trying to decide where to go next, but he glances at the Asmodean as he does so to see what the man does when he gets to the corner.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #1602
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    We were intending to be around the corner from the shop/guard post - If we're not then Ed will hurry the group out of line of sight.
    Last edited by H. Von Studley; 2019-04-15 at 10:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1603

BlueKnightGuy

The Asmodean approaches the guard post, where another guard is stationed outside watching the intersection - the elf from before must be inside dealing with Denver. The man tries speaking with the guard, who looks back at the guard post door nervously and shakes his head while replying. Frowning, the Asmodean takes a step back and looks around. After seemingly debating his options, he nods to the guard and walks on down the street away from the guard post, towards the west side of the city.

14. - Top - End - #1604

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin gestures, “We should just grab ‘im. He is going ta come back with backup. If I can get close enough to him he wont be able ta get away.” After a moments pause Olivin adds, “At least we should make sure we have the ways outa here covered, any backup we c’n trust?”

15. - Top - End - #1605
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewb View Post
    Olivin gestures, “We should just grab ‘im. He is going ta come back with backup. If I can get close enough to him he wont be able ta get away.” After a moments pause Olivin adds, “At least we should make sure we have the ways outa here covered, any backup we c’n trust?”
    Ed shakes his head. "No, remember we need him to lead us back to the rest of them. If we capture him there's no guarantee he tells us where to go next. I don't think we can rely on any backup either, at least for now. The guard post sounded like it was understaffed. Still, we can consider calling for reinforcements once we figure out where the rest of the cultists are holed up."

Show
    If you guys want to go with a different plan we can, but I think this one is working. It looks like he's heading back now.

16. - Top - End - #1606

River messages back to the party as he keeps following the Asmodean at a distance. "He's heading west. Might be a good idea to switch off with one of you if we want to keep following him. He got a look at me in the scriptorium, and if he spots me now he might get suspicious."

Show
    Anyone else good at stealth or looking inconspicuous or using disguises?
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #1607
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ed glances back at the group, then back to River. "Even if he's seen you, I still think you're our best shot. None of us will be able to follow without him noticing. Just do your best. And remember, better he see you and you catch him than being so hidden that he can slip away."

18. - Top - End - #1608

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    The Asmodean continues heading west, passing from the market district to the city border. The walls and gate are ahead, and the businesses shift into inns, taverns, stables, and other amenities for travelers. Turning off of the street, he enters a tavern called the Leaping Carp.

19. - Top - End - #1609

"Alright, I'm on it," River replies. He continues following, keeping among crowds where possible, and not getting too close. "He's in a tavern called the Leaping Carp. Cover the exits, I'm going in. I'll call for backup if I need it." He waits a minute before entering the Leaping Carp after the Asmodean. Once inside, he will attempt to find a seat somewhere away from easy sight, but still affords a view of his quarry.
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #1610

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    Inside the tavern, River finds it to be a higher-end establishment. Not as formal as some of the restaurants he's seen, but the clientele look to be merchants and traders. There is fine wood flooring, good lighting, and decorative, live plants that adorn the corners. The place uses blues and blue-greens, creating an aqua-colored atmosphere, and a large trophied carp is displayed prominently on the wall.

There is no sign of the Asmodean in the main room. There are a set of stairs on one side of the main room with a sign indicating they lead to rented private rooms, a door to a kitchen behind the bar counter, a few doors marked as reserved rooms for private meetings, and some unmarked side doors. The bar is being tended by a well-dressed human man with long blond hair tied back in a ponytail, busying himself wiping down a spot where it looks like somebody who was sitting at the bar just left.

21. - Top - End - #1611
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Good man. We'll be right outside. We'll cover any visible exits, but remember that these guys have used secret doors before."

Ed does a quick lap of the building, looking for doors but being careful to stay out of sight of the windows.

22. - Top - End - #1612

DwarfFighterGuy

Olivin takes his whip into his hand and attempts to position himself outside of more than one exit. If he can get close enough to cover 2 exits with the 15ft reach of his whip he will do that. “Let me know if ya want me ta go in Sir, but I am probably the best one ta be stopping him runin’ away.”

23. - Top - End - #1613

River scans the area for his quarry. Not seeing the Asmodean, he approaches the man at the bar and discreetly presents his identification from the city guard. "I'm looking for a man who just entered here, male human with short hair and glasses wearing a brown tunic. It's possible that he is a regular here. We aren't looking to cause a scene, I just have some questions for him. Could you tell me where he went?"
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #1614

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Edmund, Oli
    Show
    Aside from the main entrance, there is a door on one side of the building leading out into a T-intersection alley. The building is long enough that another door, on the opposite side of the main entrance, leads out to another street block. That side appears to lead directly to the inn portion of the establishment, with a reception area visible through the windows.

Show
    The bartender looks up and smiles, but his expression darkens with worry when River flashes his papers. "I see," he runs his tongue over the back of his teeth and seems to be considering what to say. "He's here often, a good customer. Part of a carpentry guild. He and his guildmates rent out one of our private rooms sometimes. What kind of trouble is going on?"
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2019-05-09 at 02:14 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1615

River takes a seat, then replies, "No trouble, just looking for some clarification on certain goings-on in the city. Could you tell me which room they are in? I won't bother them, and I can just wait out here until they're done, but it's important I don't miss him. Also, while I have you, could you tell me his name and the name of the guild?"
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #1616

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    The bartender folds his cloth and sets it aside, nodding to River, "Alright. They're in room four, down that hallway," he points towards one of the side doors leading further into the building. "His name is Leon. I don't know the specific name of their guild, never had a reason to ask."

27. - Top - End - #1617

"Thank you for your help sir. I'll wait until he leaves, so as not to disrupt the rest of your patrons." River leaves a gold piece on the counter for the bartender, then turns away to find a seat. As an afterthought, he turns back and says, "May I have a menu, if you have them?" He then finds a seat with a view of the hallway to the meeting rooms (using the menu to obscure his face if he has one). While he is waiting for Leon to come out, he messages to the party again, "His name is Leon. He's in a private meeting room with his 'guild', probably more Asmodeans. I'm just waiting for him to come out, unless you guys have a better plan."
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #1618
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ed pauses a moment to think, then messages back. "I'd go in. If the staff has tipped him off, or if he has another way out of there, we could lose him for good. But you're the one in the room, and I trust you. It's your call."

29. - Top - End - #1619

River considers that for a moment before replying, "Alright, but if we're going to do that, I'll need backup. The room could be packed with cultists. And I think one of you guys should be the one to come in and make the move. The bartender has an eye on me now, and if I make for the room at this point he could tip them off for sure."
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #1620
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Got it. Olivin, Azrin, Indra, we're going in. Olivin with me at the front, River joins when he can. We don't know what we're getting into here. Be ready for a fight."

Edmund heads around the side to the inn door and enters the establishment. He smiles politely at anyone in the reception area and makes a beeline for the hallway, heading through to room four. Once there, he draws his glaive, takes a deep breath and tries the handle.

Spoiler: Door handle
    Show
    If it is unlocked, he bursts inside. If it is locked, he will take a step back and knock loudly.

Show
    I know we haven't heard from Archy in a while now, and Nost in even longer than that. I'm assuming their characters are still tagging along, but let me know if you prefer to leave them outside RW.