New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XCV: I am (Finally) Become Pancakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    (the episode guide tends to drop and refresh the end of the schedule...)
    Schrodinger's Season Finale?
    Spoiler
    Show

That's gonna really mess with spoiler avoidance procedures.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like it - Tiny Pop on Freeview channel 126. "P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View)" is on Tuesday, and I get flashes of "Where the Apple Lies" on Wednesday (the episode guide tends to drop and refresh the end of the schedule...)
    I didn't even know season 6 was AIRING in the UK.

Huh. If I had known that, I could have set the whole damn series on record.

Although... It might no, actually, have been any better an expereince than watching it on teh webs.

I find it kind of ironic that in the BW games, the gym leaders actually had some relevance and were some of the best executed in the story... And in the anime, they are mostly asshats and have barely anything to do with anything (aside from Cilan. Who I started off being extremely meh about from my scattered episodes as a dull and uninteresting character, but, seeing him in full, gets better and better. And whom even gets credit for actually BEING a gym leader in terms of competance occasionally.)

Anime!Skyla needs a good slap, however. I've got half a mind to go splifflicate her entire team with Whipslash and see if she can predict THAT.

Bulbasaur.

Ye gods, that woman was obnoxious.

(I mean, not as obnoxious as anime!Bianca, but close.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-09-29 at 07:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393

When you want to draw, but ponies keep distracting you.
    Spoiler
    Show

EqD posted the preview for the next episode, Pony Point of View~
    Spoiler: Prev
    Show
    Must have been some boat ride. I see spike is still trying to impress the marshmallow pony. Dunno Spike, she's a bit out of your league for a serious relationship. Good try though. #RarijackForever

Interesting that the ponies send their pets to deliver the messages. Pinkie writing hers on her pet of course. Hmm. Given the way season 6 has been misfiring, it's gonna me sad if that trip sounds like a better story than what we get. XD Well I'll give it a chance. The preview just doesn't say much though.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    EqD posted the preview for the next episode, Pony Point of View~
    Spoiler: Prev
    Show
    Interesting that the ponies send their pets to deliver the messages. Pinkie writing hers on her pet of course.
    Spoiler: Pony Point of Pony
    Show
    Twilight wouldn't mind so much if Pinkie hadn't delivered the message by tying Gummy to a brick and throwing him through the window.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

5. - Top - End - #395

Flypaper
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler: Pony Point of Pony
    Show
    Twilight wouldn't mind so much if Pinkie hadn't delivered the message by tying Gummy to a brick and throwing him through the window.
    Pony Point of View Pony
    Spoiler: PPoP
    Show
    I think by now Twilight should know better.

I got something riding on this episode. Many times I've been caught in the middle between two quarreling friends. So this better deliver.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-09-30 at 04:17 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so anime!Brycen is a solid dude, at any rate.

Oh, and Darkspark - pack your things. We are going to get us a Snivy, because Ash's Snivy is the absolute fragging BEST.

Pichu chu Kapi?

Yes, other than Serpent, one that's actually temprementally suited to battles.

But it will also have to wait for a while, since it's convention time again tomorrow; which of course should give ponythread something to dread in the next couple of days...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-09-30 at 06:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Wow and I'm still a couple of episodes behind. I have been so tardy.

But what's worse, I have been tardy with something else, too. I have not shared my pony fancomic collaboration goodness since the third page... I think. This must be rectified!

Ahem... previously on Night Call:
    Spoiler: Night Call pg. 3
    Show

We now return to a comic already in progress.
    Spoiler: Night Call pg. 4
    Show

Spoiler: Night Call pg. 5
    Show

Spoiler: Night Call pg. 6
    Show

Links to the pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and to a collection of all of them. Huge thanks to my good friend Myke who's taken on this thing. And now, it really starts...

I'll get to work on catching up on the pony episodes tomorrow. But this I could do now, especially since the sixth page is brand new.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    But it will also have to wait for a while, since it's convention time again tomorrow; which of course should give ponythread something to dread in the next couple of days...
    It's time for Derby ... sorry, Castle D (I'll get used to it one day) already? Poo - it's an AWFUL time for me, I'll have to skip it (again. Sigh.) Ah well - if you spot them while you're doing the rounds, any chance you could do me / the thread a favour and ask River Horse if they've finalised a date/price for Tails of Equestria yet?

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    But what's worse, I have been tardy with something else, too. I have not shared my pony fancomic collaboration goodness since the third page... I think. This must be rectified!
    Haha... McNum said rect (stars and moon, what time is it?).

I like the comic so far. Gots an interesting style and real tight effects. Celestia sleeps like my daughter. ^^;
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I didn't even know season 6 was AIRING in the UK.

Huh. If I had known that, I could have set the whole damn series on record.

Although... It might no, actually, have been any better an expereince than watching it on teh webs.
    Sorry - I didn't mention it as it was running well behind the USA releases. I didn't expect it to catch up...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Not bad first day... Though with the game itself, the Herosine's assault ground to an immediate crashing halt on account of the Herosine commander suffering a severe attack of diarrhea.

Fortunately, as we do intend to spend most of the time nattering to the punters, it doesn't matter so much.

He's definitely coming tomorrow though - sheer bloody-mindedness! He had to book the time off work (and make it up later), so he said damn it, the worst of it was over, so come hell or high water, he's going to make use of SOME of that damn time!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilum View Post
    It's time for Derby ... sorry, Castle D (I'll get used to it one day) already? Poo - it's an AWFUL time for me, I'll have to skip it (again. Sigh.) Ah well - if you spot them while you're doing the rounds, any chance you could do me / the thread a favour and ask River Horse if they've finalised a date/price for Tails of Equestria yet?
    I'll try, though most of the time I don't even make it round the rest of the show on a good day!

I'd have mentioned it earlier, but I am not used to people I speak to on the net (not just ponythread) being even approximately close enough to my locale!

Sorry - I didn't mention it as it was running well behind the USA releases. I didn't expect it to catch up...
    I was more surprised, to be honest, that it was airing at ALL this year. Shows how much effort they put into advertising it, don't it?

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I was more surprised, to be honest, that it was airing at ALL this year. Shows how much effort they put into advertising it, don't it?
    Actually, It has been advertised quite heavily - unfortunately only on Pop and Tiny Pop. I don't think they understand the concept of periphery demographic in this country.

Unless it's Danger Mouse, of course...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Pony Point of View
    Show
    Well I thought this was a fun episode. Not great but above average. Lots of good gags (my fave being Pinkie climbing over the train just to get away from the others).

Friends having conflicting stories is a great little friendship problem to showcase. I'm sure we've all dealt with that at some point. Watching the characters deliberately flanderise themselves in each other's flashbacks was fun. I bet the voice actresses had a great time doing this episode.

I'm guessing it's the flight school reunion next week?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Banned

Show
    Spoiler: Next Week is . . .
    Show
    Where the Apple Lies, an AJ backstory episode. Top Bolt is the week after that, and looks like Rainbow's and Twilight's map episode for the season. It might coincide with the flight school reunion, it might not. And then the finale.

15. - Top - End - #405

Show
    Well... eh, I suppose it was good. Piratey Applejack with the blindfold eye-patch was adorable, as is Rarity's outfits. Must have been a real shallow bay or they didn't go far to have washed onto like... 18 inches of water.

The ending kind of kills the momentum though. Not the three-horned... whatever it was that capsized the boat. That part was fine. It was when all three realized that "Oh all that stuff you brought was for us!" and I'm like...

Wow, you ponies are dumb. :|

So good visuals and pov flandering of each other up until the second part of the reveal on what went wrong. I guess it could have been worse. I mean, it could have been the movie Mastermind. I'd rather watch watch Gen 3 pony over it.

Unless it's Danger Mouse, of course...
    Danger Mouse is the bomb-diggity.

Show
    Well I thought this was a fun episode. Not great but above average. Lots of good gags (my fave being Pinkie climbing over the train just to get away from the others).

Friends having conflicting stories is a great little friendship problem to showcase. I'm sure we've all dealt with that at some point. Watching the characters deliberately flanderise themselves in each other's flashbacks was fun. I bet the voice actresses had a great time doing this episode.

Spoiler: PPOV
    Show
    Guess our impression of the episodes are pretty close.

What Zimmer said. Apple, Bolt, then finale.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-10-01 at 01:28 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

pretty meh
    Show

or to each other...

Gummy = best note pad

bwahahahaha... Rarity get your sword!

umm, one bag? nope! sorry, i ain't buyin it

who gives a boat to 3 clueless landlubbers anyway?

luxury cruises never sink? *cough* Poseidon Adventure *cough*

Titanic Outfit.. oh, hey, another luxury cruise that sank
    .. king of the world pose

Wilson? how could you trip her like that?

watch out future Spike!
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

17. - Top - End - #407
    Banned

Show
    They're all such lubbers! It's absolutely adorable!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm so excited! Both the new episode S6 E22 and Equestria Girls 4 are released today, and I expect both of them to be good, so that's more than one and a half our of pure awesome pony bliss! I'll get comfortable and watch the episode now.

Spoiler: S6 E22
    Show
    S6 E22 P.P.O.V. (Pony Point of View) thoughts as I go
    • Twilight says Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy went to the Cloudsdale flight school reunion. That sounds like the story hook for a parallel episode, where they meet Gilda and the dumbbell ponies. The only problem is, we know the TV guide description for the rest of the episodes, and this doesn't seem to match them. I guess fanfic writers will have to help out here.
    • Even Pinkie didn't come for tea? This sounds bad. Maybe Twilight has to give them a day to cool down first though.
    • Why did Applejack turn to a pirate? She'll listen to Applejack last, and that tale will explain everything, right?
    • "a course to the very heart of that maelstrom!" – What the heck does Applejack want? Is it a magical storm, possibly a temporal storm, and she wants to use its magic, but failed to inform the others?
    • They're tearing apart the map. Soon they'll start arguing about the steering wheel, and lose that too, then the whole ship will break apart, and they'll be stuck on a desert island with no sugar pine tree sap for gluing a raft.
    • Well, Applejack did get out of her element, so your plan did work, Rarity.
    • Pinkie Pie blames Rarity. And of course Applejack will blame Pinkie.
    • Rarity replaces Pinkie's food with luxury sandwiches. Does that remind anyone else to S4 E23?
    • Shouldn't she adjust the sails instead of just turning the steering wheel? No wait, this is an Equestrian magical ship, not a real life ship.
    • Just give them some time, Twilight! It was a bad boat trip, and they'll need to forget it, but you don't really have to do anything about it now.
    • Twilight wants to solve the friendship problem, while Spike wants to figure out what really happened. I wonder which one will be easier.
    • "If Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity keep not talking to each other, they could forget what good friends they really are!" – Reminds me to Pinkie's worries in S3 E7.
    • Twilight drew bubbles on the chalkboard. That means the solution is to call Derpy!
    • Does Twilight want to find another magical storm? Or create one?
    • A sea monster that eats cucumber sandwiches?
    • This was a fun episode. I like it.

DigoDragon:
    Show
    The ending kind of kills the momentum though. Not the three-horned... whatever it was that capsized the boat. That part was fine. It was when all three realized that "Oh all that stuff you brought was for us!" and I'm like...

Yes, it's a bit strange, but it didn't ruin the episode for me. Probably Twilight's little excursion and the sea monster just gave them a bit of push to rethink things, and then they realized that they shouldn't worry too much about the small conflicts on the trip.

Update: I just rewatched E19. I feel much better about the season now, after E19 and E22 were both such good episodes. Maybe some of my bad mood about the season wasn't the episodes' fault, and it will improve if I rewatch the episodes more.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2016-10-01 at 02:55 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler: pony view
    Show
    This was a fun episode. A lot of great gags, both dialogue and visual. Pirate Applejack was the best, but Rarity saying 'darling' every other word was a close second. I also really loved the way Twilight kept not-so-subtly giving Spike the scroll and quill. Twilight has lately been feeling like such a secondary (or even tertiary) character that it was nice to see her back in her element. The style of the episode reminded me a lot of the early seasons when the main characters were the ones who had problems with each other. The only thing that ruined this one was the ending. And one line from Applejack.

Show

Spoiler: pony view response
    Show
    The three-horned whatever felt like it was kind of unnecessary since the storm itself could have capsized the boat with no help from the ponies, but yeah. And Applejack's line 'you brought all those games for us?" just came across as dumb because 1) it's Pinkie Pie, and 2) see #1.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Show
    The three-horned whatever felt like it was kind of unnecessary since the storm itself could have capsized the boat with no help from the ponies, but yeah. And Applejack's line 'you brought all those games for us?" just came across as dumb because 1) it's Pinkie Pie, and 2) see #1.
    Show
    I'm quite sure there wasn't a storm at all, and the ponies only invented it for their stories (perhaps independently!) because it was the only way they could explain the swell. Pinkie Pie's line at the end proves nothing except a lingering commitment to her perspective.

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Show
    luxury cruises never sink? *cough* Poseidon Adventure *cough*

Titanic Outfit.. oh, hey, another luxury cruise that sank
    Show
    There's a whole list here on this site. Interesting info. :3

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    DigoDragon:
    Show
    Yes, it's a bit strange, but it didn't ruin the episode for me. Probably Twilight's little excursion and the sea monster just gave them a bit of push to rethink things, and then they realized that they shouldn't worry too much about the small conflicts on the trip.
    Show
    The episode was still pretty good overall for the jokes and visuals. Just that last part didn't seem to work for me.

Though any helm that spins continuously like that isn't worth trying to grab. It means the shaft/pulley to the rudder broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Spoiler: pony view
    Show
    The style of the episode reminded me a lot of the early seasons when the main characters were the ones who had problems with each other.
    Show
    It was a simpler time then, an episode plot for a more civilized age. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #412
    Banned

Show
    Though any helm that spins continuously like that isn't worth trying to grab. It means the shaft/pulley to the rudder broke.
    Show
    If we're nitpicking details like that, then how come the dinghy at the end didn't float away long before the ponies could get on? That cleat hitch supposedly lashing it to the dock was never actually secured.

Then again, I'm also sure that the helm never existed in the first place, and that the ponies were actually on a dinghy (with a tiller) to begin with.

23. - Top - End - #413

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Show
    If we're nitpicking details like that, then how come the dinghy at the end didn't float away long before the ponies could get on? That cleat hitch supposedly lashing it to the dock was never actually secured.

Then again, I'm also sure that the helm never existed in the first place, and that the ponies were actually on a dinghy (with a tiller) to begin with.
    Show
    Well, I didn't ding the episode for the helm. Just pointing it out as an aside. But if we we're going down this road, I want to rewrite this episode as some drunk escapade where there was no ship. They all imagined it and simply fell off the wharf together into the shallow bay.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #414
    Banned

Show
    Well, I didn't ding the episode for the helm. Just pointing it out as an aside.
    Me neither for the knot. S'all in good fun
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2016-10-01 at 03:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I liked it. I especially thought Twilight was being adorably enthusiastic throughout. She hasn't really had enough spotlight lately, so it was nice to see her with Spike just being their old selves. The note taking was fun.

We haven't seen a lot of the sea or ships in the show, have we? It was nice to see that.

I found Piratejack to be quite excessive, but I suspect it'll work better on a second watch when it's not as unexpected. I actually thought Rarity and Pinkie were largely portrayed accurately by the other two, with a few exceptions (like the "darling"s). Rarity's portrayal of AJ was definitely the most over the top. Way, way, way over the top, but being an over-the-top drama queen does fit Rarity.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Show
    I'm quite sure there wasn't a storm at all, and the ponies only invented it for their stories (perhaps independently!) because it was the only way they could explain the swell. Pinkie Pie's line at the end proves nothing except a lingering commitment to her perspective.
    Show
    I didn't even think of that. Makes me wonder why they were fighting over the map prior to the swell.

Show
    It was a simpler time then, an episode plot for a more civilized age. :3
    Spoiler: ppov response
    Show
    You, Sir, win a nose boop from a pony of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Show
    I liked it. I especially thought Twilight was being adorably enthusiastic throughout. She hasn't really had enough spotlight lately, so it was nice to see her with Spike just being their old selves. The note taking was fun.
    Spoiler: ppov response
    Show
    It's what made the episode for me. If they had all been telling their stories to a different pony, it just wouldn't have had the same impact.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Show
    I liked it. I especially thought Twilight was being adorably enthusiastic throughout.
    Show
    Agreed. That earnest, sincere wonderment was good to see again, as was the detective work.

The note-taking gag paid off both for the plot, because it was necessary to collate all the stories' common elements, and at the end when Spike finally got his treat and shared a moment with Twilight.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

More about the new episode.
    Show
    I think the ship they rode is a tourist attraction. Not an actual big ship suitable for traversing the sea or withstanding big winds, more like a slow small boat built for easy handling they rent to tourists for an hour or two so they can play with it in a lake or a protected bay. It's decorated like a big ship, but they probably also have versions of the same thing decorated as a car or as a swan. The sails probably don't even do anything, they let all the air through, and the steering wheel is only decoration too. There are food pedals for driving the boat around slowly, but the ponies didn't even touch them. They just boarded the ship and brought out the meals and then everything happened very quickly. That's why they were so close to the shore when it sank.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    More about the new episode.
    Show
    I think the ship they rode is a tourist attraction. Not an actual big ship suitable for traversing the sea or withstanding big winds, more like a slow small boat built for easy handling they rent to tourists for an hour or two so they can play with it in a lake or a protected bay. It's decorated like a big ship, but they probably also have versions of the same thing decorated as a car or as a swan. The sails probably don't even do anything, they let all the air through, and the steering wheel is only decoration too. There are food pedals for driving the boat around slowly, but the ponies didn't even touch them. They just boarded the ship and brought out the meals and then everything happened very quickly. That's why they were so close to the shore when it sank.
    Show
    Someone said it already (I can't remember whether it was here or elsewhere) and I agree that the port was Vanhoover, based on the flag. If Vanhoover's anything like Vancouver, its harbor is fairly sheltered.

As for the boat, again, I think the one the ponies initially rode actually looked a lot like the dinghy they rode in the final scene, but they embellished it into a three-master. That final-scene dinghy looked like it was operated with sail and tiller. There are marinas that rent boats like that even to inexperienced sailors, and some even let complete novices out without an experienced hand aboard, on the theory that if they get into trouble another boat (whether the Coast Guard or a launch associated with the marina) can always come and get them. It's not the safest practice in the world, but since when has Equestria been OSHA-compliant?
    Last edited by zimmerwald1915; 2016-10-01 at 04:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks Commander, if you get the chance, great, if not... pfft, it's what their website's for. I know what you mean about location, even on purely UK sites I still get that "really?" reaction if I see a clue to a nearby place. Anyway, it's probably a good job I can't make it, I'd only spend money (after two somewhat pricy months as it is) and the Pile Of Shame isn't getting any smaller. Blush.

Anyhoo.
    Show
    Ok boys and girls, lets have a confessional moment. When Spike kept going on about 'how did you get back?', who thought "oh god they've not... they can't... sea ponies?".

I'll start. (Raises hand)