New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Finally, more Steven.

I'll be honest I'm getting tired of how Cartoon Network is running the show and it's making it kinda suck to discuss the show and have fun with it, so I'm glad more is coming, but damn if I don't want it right now, in a weekly format, without breaks. Please, for the love of god.
    Same here..I love Steven Universe but this Steven Bomb format is killing my interest in things going on cause I can't afford to get TOO invested in going on, cause I just know that there will be several months until there will be follow up.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #932
    Spamalot in the Playground

I almost forgot this show was still a thing. That's how long it's been! :o

Yeah i'd be okay with one a week. At least it's steady.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #933
    Bugbear in the Playground

Finally, more Steven.

I'll be honest I'm getting tired of how Cartoon Network is running the show and it's making it kinda suck to discuss the show and have fun with it, so I'm glad more is coming, but damn if I don't want it right now, in a weekly format, without breaks. Please, for the love of god.
    Reruns wouldn't be bad either. It would be nice to break up the non-stop playing of Teen Titans Go.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Dwarf in the Playground

goddamnnnn that trailer. So excited to see some plot moving forward.

I guess that could be a Lapis/Peri? My first thought was a gen-2 Lapis though. Maybe she can't quite control her wings, so she needs those tech anchors to keep them formed?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Has anyone heard when those new episodes will be aired?

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBluMunky View Post
    Has anyone heard when those new episodes will be aired?
    There's a couple of ads out that say May 8. Can't find an official link for 'em, but some folks have 'em on YouTube here and here.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Thanks!

So, I'm going to voice a potentially unpopular opinion, but I actually quite liked "Storm in the Room". I think that without it, we wouldn't be able to have anymore stories of Rose and Greg (or maybe of Rose period) without it feeling forced.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Colossus in the Playground

So, bad news: The Episodes starting on the eighth are a Steven Bomb.

Apparently about Steven just hanging out with his friends before the crap hits the fan again.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

what i don't understand about the trailer linked last page is the whole "LAPIS X PERI FUSION!?" thing. like... what part of that trailer even remotely suggests lapis or peridot will fuse? Hasn't that line been the clickbait-line for the past five or so steven bomb trailers or whatnot?

I mean yeah we see what looks like the shadow of a small gem with translucent wings but... fusions are supposed to get bigger then their component parts... not smaller.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Not to mention, the name of the gem silhouettes have been leaked.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Bugbear in the Playground

Unfortunately it was the only video of the trailer I could find at the time that wasn't on Facebook.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Not to mention, the name of the gem silhouettes have been leaked.
    Yeah, supposedly their appearance was also foreshadowed in Adventures in Light Distortion as well. I guess the big, blocky form that the Ruby Ship set the Chrystal Gems into was what the big gal on the left looks like. So maybe the super tiny form from the same episode is what the smaller gem with wings looks like?

Thanks!

So, I'm going to voice a potentially unpopular opinion, but I actually quite liked "Storm in the Room". I think that without it, we wouldn't be able to have anymore stories of Rose and Greg (or maybe of Rose period) without it feeling forced.
    I liked it too, though more for bringing it back to light that Steven actually didn't get closure for his issues with Rose's secrets, and he's still not completely OK with it.

13. - Top - End - #943

Apparently the new episodes got leaked early. Just thought to mention in case spoilers abound.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

Not leaked. Just officially released on the App.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

15. - Top - End - #945

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    **** cartoon network.

AGAIN.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-05-05 at 05:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Ah, well nuts to that. Ended up accidentally seeing spoilers of the new episodes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #947

There's also a new episode not related to thne Bomb that was released that no one noticed because Cartoon Network is actively terrible at promotion.

Lion 4: Alternate Ending.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This episode was cute. Just more Steven trying to understand his existence, and fodder for fan writers. Steven would of been called Nora if he was born a girl! Cool and neat.

18. - Top - End - #948

There's also a new episode not related to thne Bomb that was released that no one noticed because Cartoon Network is actively terrible at promotion.
    I think that's also just on the app, cause all my sources say it isn't due to air on TV until Monday. Unless it got an early release outside the US?

Lion 4: Alternate Ending.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This episode was cute. Just more Steven trying to understand his existence, and fodder for fan writers. Steven would of been called Nora if he was born a girl! Cool and neat.
    Spoiler: Lion 4
    Show
    How many of us remember what our parents would name us if we had turned out with a different 26th chromosome pairing?

I think I was gonna be something like Madalina if I turned out the other way, similar to the name of one of my mom's best friends.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #949

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I think that's also just on the app, cause all my sources say it isn't due to air on TV until Monday. Unless it got an early release outside the US?
    Either way Cartoon Network is ****ing ****ty and bad holy crap. None of their teasers mentioned "coming earlier on our ap you should buy it!" and if they're really trying to push people into getting it to try it out, you'd think they'd do that. But they're not. They're actively avoiding advertising the series and where it'll be as much as possible.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looks like all 25 episodes are available at various places around the web and we get a nice cliffhanger to end the season.

21. - Top - End - #951

Either way Cartoon Network is ****ing ****ty and bad holy crap. None of their teasers mentioned "coming earlier on our ap you should buy it!" and if they're really trying to push people into getting it to try it out, you'd think they'd do that. But they're not. They're actively avoiding advertising the series and where it'll be as much as possible.
    I am a little confused why they're so quiet about it. Whoever was doing the marketing I think went on vacation. :o
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I am a little confused why they're so quiet about it. Whoever was doing the marketing I think went on vacation. :o
    Because its not Teen Titans Go, and therefore they want to kill it. We will all be fans of that awful show or not be allowed to watch anything else.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Because its not Teen Titans Go, and therefore they want to kill it. We will all be fans of that awful show or not be allowed to watch anything else.
    They don't think kids will buy Steven Universe Merch. Simple as that.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Firbolg in the Playground

I gotta say, this show is losing me as a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the crap outta this show, and I'll definitely keep watching it. But I used to be INVESTED. I used to be knee-deep in the fandom, checking beach city bugle multiple times daily, trawling for tumblr comics and re-watching old episodes... But the bomb format, the inconsistency, the generally terrible update schedule... I'm finding myself less hyped for new episodes, willing to watch them on the DVR or find them online instead of making sure I catch them live as they come out.
    It makes me sad that such a good, high-quality show with depth and positive messages and representation is being dicked over by the network at every turn.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #955

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post

Don't get me wrong, I still love the crap outta this show, and I'll definitely keep watching it. But I used to be INVESTED. I used to be knee-deep in the fandom, checking beach city bugle multiple times daily, trawling for tumblr comics and re-watching old episodes... But the bomb format, the inconsistency, the generally terrible update schedule... I'm finding myself less hyped for new episodes, willing to watch them on the DVR or find them online instead of making sure I catch them live as they come out.
    It makes me sad that such a good, high-quality show with depth and positive messages and representation is being dicked over by the network at every turn.
    One positive to this awful awful format is that apparently the next episode after all this is said and done is just an hour long time slot of Steven.

But yeah no you're right we're getting Fireflied hard here and it sucks.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post

I feel the same.

It's hard to stay invested with the long stretches of nothing.

I'm still a fan of the show, and some of the latest episodes catch the same amazement the earlier ones do, but I'm definitely not as enthusiastic as I used to be.

27. - Top - End - #957

I'll agree. I remember when I first started watching this show, it would be two episodes together every... Friday? It was once a week and it would start with the previous week's episode and then a new one. It was consistent. Then on occasion they'd play 3-4 old episodes with a theme and that was good in my case cause I had a couple seasons to catch up on, having joined a bit late.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #958
    Ettin in the Playground

One positive to this awful awful format is that apparently the next episode after all this is said and done is just an hour long time slot of Steven.

But yeah no you're right we're getting Fireflied hard here and it sucks.
    Which if its as good as the Bismuth two parter was, sounds pretty awesome.

Geeze, is this what it was like when Firefly was first aired? I only caught Firefly after watching the Serenity movie and wanting to see more of the characters so I got to binge watch it and such on DVD. Was the format for Firefly as bad as SU is getting?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #959
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So what do we think of the new gems? Do you think Aquamarine's duties are similar to Lapis'? What with the water wings and all.

30. - Top - End - #960

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Which if its as good as the Bismuth two parter was, sounds pretty awesome.

Geeze, is this what it was like when Firefly was first aired? I only caught Firefly after watching the Serenity movie and wanting to see more of the characters so I got to binge watch it and such on DVD. Was the format for Firefly as bad as SU is getting?
    Firefly got it worse. A plot heavy show aired out of order on Friday's (read: the death slot for shows). But it did air every week, so TAKE YOUR PICK.

Spoiler
    Show
    So what do we think of the new gems? Do you think Aquamarine's duties are similar to Lapis'? What with the water wings and all.
    Spoiler: CN Sabotages Own Show Era Spoilers
    Show
    She basically outright says it. Aquamarine's are assassins.