New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Spoiler
    Show
    We also don't know how many planets the Gems have colonized that had sentient life.

It could well be a Galactus situation where there are lots of planets with life but only a handful with sentient life and nobody cares as long as there's no people on it.

(Een Galactus prefers to feed on planets with nonsentient life. Him going to Earth is basically the equivalent of ordering out becuase the people of Earth are really good at redirecting him to things he can feed on without guilt)

"Hey,from now on, maybe don't colonize planets that have people on them."

Honestly, Blue seemed surprised that Greg was able to communicate with her, let alone empathize with her.

It's possible that Earth is one of, if not the, first planets with sentient life the Gems have encountered.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

Don't forget, Humans were still tribal-era cavemen when Pink's colony first came down. Given how far advanced Gems are in comparison to us, they might not have seen primitive man ass intelligent, or "intelligent enough". Sure those apes can use tools and make fire, but they aren't communicating in any advanced language, or building any sort of meaningful vehicle, they can't be THAT smart!

We were probably still just animals for them.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1413

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think its worth pointing out that we don't know to what extent they actually go around committing genocide. They never really go into what, specifically, gems need to grow, and whether destroying organic life is a necessity or an unfortunate side effect on already-inhabited planet.
    Spoiler
    Show

We know it's possible to refine the process enough to not destroy the living things on it (Peridot figured it out almost immediately looking at the colony plans) so there is a way to do it...but the big question is like everyone else has said, how many actual sentient, sapient lives have been killed by the Diamonds, and will they actually care?

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think its worth pointing out that we don't know to what extent they actually go around committing genocide. They never really go into what, specifically, gems need to grow, and whether destroying organic life is a necessity or an unfortunate side effect on already-inhabited planet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Jungle Moon, the Nephrite that Yellow is talking too seemed taken aback that there was organic life on the surface of the soon-to-be-colonized world. This might indicate that organic life is rare in colonizing, or it might indicate that the pilot in question was new to their job. It's hard to say.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not to derail the thread, but we're almost at 50 pages. What shall the next subtitle for the thread be called?

I vote something involving sugar and flour like that one line from The Question:

Steven Universe 5: You're like sugar and flour...I love eating them separately

Any other ideas?

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

SteVen UniVerse: The conspiracy theorists were right
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1417

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    SteVen UniVerse: The conspiracy theorists were right
    right to eat sugar and flour separately?

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...but the big question is like everyone else has said, how many actual sentient, sapient lives have been killed by the Diamonds, and will they actually care?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's definitely something that should be addressed, but I'm worried it would come off as hollow if it happened too fast.

How I'd handle it:

1) The Diamonds kind of replicate Pearl's arc, going from protectiveness towards humans because Pink liked them to actually liking individual humans
    2) At one point, thinking of a human friend, one of them says something along the lines of "for the first time, I'm actually glad Pink stopped the colonization".
    3) They realize what they just said and its implications for their other colonies, and are horrified.
    4) We have a number of episodes of them working through their guilt.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Jungle Moon, the Nephrite that Yellow is talking too seemed taken aback that there was organic life on the surface of the soon-to-be-colonized world. This might indicate that organic life is rare in colonizing, or it might indicate that the pilot in question was new to their job. It's hard to say.
    Spoiler: Jungle Moon
    Show
    I look at the exchange, and it sounds more like the invasion commander was having a conscious, much like Pink Diamond later will, about destroying the sentient life on the planet they were colonizing.

It seems apparent to me that Gems need worlds with life on it to build their kindergartens, but some worlds have evolved sentient life and that's when things get complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Android View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but we're almost at 50 pages. What shall the next subtitle for the thread be called?
    Steven Universe 5: I've Felt Worse
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #1420

I'm backing Digo here. That one deserved a mic droc.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

How about?

Steven Universe 5: We Finally Re-formed with a Star!
    Now, Back to Lurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    I think I'm going to defer to his wiser judgment in this case, because I'm probably going to keep writing responses and that will only lead to me getting myself in trouble somehow.
    - I should follow this advice more often.

Belkar's Death Countdown best guess: 31/49 days used before Belkar is gone forever more! - updated to morning at 1190!

Hey, its the Blog where I write! Dice Roles

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

So I finally binged on the latest bomb and it was AMAZING and I love it and I wanna watch more and AWW YEAH!

Ahem.

Spoiler
    Show
    The high points of the bomb were certainly Lapis's reappearance, though yes I too would have hoped she'd call Blue Diamond out on abandoning her first, and the appearance of the diamonds. They certainly know how to make an entrance. I am also glad to see that Bismuth is back. I like her. And interesting to note that even the diamonds consider Lapis the most dangerous one. She was the one who YD prioritized zapping after all.

As for the next title, "I've felt worse" is a good one. But I am also partial to "How does that make you feel?"

13. - Top - End - #1423

I'm gonna fourth "I've Felt Worse"

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, there's nothing as badass as one of the heroes taking the source of the weaknesses and making it a strength, and think of how effective a shutdown it is.

Here is Blue, forcing the Crystal Gems to feel every last bit of sadness and grief she's felt in the past several millennia and Lapis is all "bitch you don't even begin to know what true sadness is."

Coupled with the Blaise, almost deadpan way she delivers the line, and...

Perfect.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Count me among those who really hope that the Diamonds are made to answer for everything they've done. Of course, it seems they're stuck on Earth anyway, since their ships got smashed. But how many other Gems did they bring, if any?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

Steven Universe 5: I've Felt Worse
    I vote for this too.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm gonna fourth "I've Felt Worse"

Spoiler
    Show
    Seriously, there's nothing as badass as one of the heroes taking the source of the weaknesses and making it a strength, and think of how effective a shutdown it is.

Here is Blue, forcing the Crystal Gems to feel every last bit of sadness and grief she's felt in the past several millennia and Lapis is all "bitch you don't even begin to know what true sadness is."
    Spoiler: Except
    Show
    Except Blues was legitimately grieving and was channeling her weakness and making it into a strength.

Lapis, as much as I love her, was just being rude.

Also still annoyed that that was there interaction and not 'you *******s put me in a mirror when I wasn't betraying you.'
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Except Blues was legitimately grieving and was channeling her weakness and making it into a strength.

Also still annoyed that that was there interaction and not 'you *******s put me in a mirror when I wasn't betraying you.'
    Maybe she's just over the mirror thing. or had more important things to worry about.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Lapis will almost certainly mention the mirror thing next episode.

I'm not one to measure misery ***** but all Blue has going for her is thinking her sister's been dead for thousands of year. Lapis was basically crippled mentally and physically for thousands of years and then after finally being fixed and finding a place she might be able to stay, a person she might be able to trust, she basically has to force herself into a rape scenario for like, a year? Lapis is also magic, so she was just using her own emotional power to counter Blue's. So I wouldn't go so far as to say it's RUDE, considering.

Also you bring up Blue's problems as if Lapis gives a ****. That's kind of her character trait, she Does Not Care.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Lapis has definitely earned a little rudeness.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Mmm.

No.

I don't buy White being a fusion of the other three, because it isn't like those fusions at all. for one, Topaz and Ruby are just Them But Bigger. White, being a different color wouldn't BE Blue, Yellow and Pink But Bigger. They are all different personalities, a fusion between them wouldn't add up to a white color (it'd be some weird brown for starters).

If you took a blue, pink, and yellow laser and shined them all in the same spot the result would be very close to white, enough so to be pretty indistinguishable to humans. So in that sense the fusion is possible. However, I agree with the rest of your evidence and in what the show has shown us to believe that white diamond is real.

I suspect she will end up being the last villain of the piece, but that she too will ultimately be defeated by Steven's feelings because that's the kind of show this is.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

New episode description and an image from the Cartoon Network/Steven Universe booth at the San Diego Comic-Con are out:

Spoiler: Upcoming episode description and CNatSDCC image
    Show
    Title: Legs From Here to Homeworld
    Description: Steven travels to visit family.

And...

From here: https://twitter.com/Joedesancho/stat...94278116192256
    You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
    -- John Mason.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    If you took a blue, pink, and yellow laser and shined them all in the same spot the result would be very close to white, enough so to be pretty indistinguishable to humans. So in that sense the fusion is possible. However, I agree with the rest of your evidence and in what the show has shown us to believe that white diamond is real.

I suspect she will end up being the last villain of the piece, but that she too will ultimately be defeated by Steven's feelings because that's the kind of show this is.
    That's a good point. Cyan (Blue), Yellow, and Magenta (Pink) are the primary colors in light-based color theory, and add up to White. Since gems are explicitly hard-light avatars projected around a crystalline core, light theory would be applicable.

Still don't think she's a fusion, though. She's depicted as being her own person with her own colonies, and the story still needs an antagonist now that Blue and Yellow have gone from "kill my sister's murderer" to "hug my sister-slash-nephew(?)". Either they're bringing news of a bigger conflict (they came for the Cluster and stayed for Rose Quartz, after all), or White is going to be obstacle to their goals.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    That's a good point. Cyan (Blue), Yellow, and Magenta (Pink) are the primary colors in light-based color theory, and add up to White. Since gems are explicitly hard-light avatars projected around a crystalline core, light theory would be applicable.

Still don't think she's a fusion, though. She's depicted as being her own person with her own colonies, and the story still needs an antagonist now that Blue and Yellow have gone from "kill my sister's murderer" to "hug my sister-slash-nephew(?)". Either they're bringing news of a bigger conflict (they came for the Cluster and stayed for Rose Quartz, after all), or White is going to be obstacle to their goals.
    Spoiler: Spoiler for next episode description
    Show
    Considering the next episode description indicates that Steven's going to Homeworld to visit 'family', and since Yellow and Blue are already on Earth with him, it definitely seems like she's not a fusion.
    You were born an original. Don't die a copy.
    -- John Mason.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Either they're bringing news of a bigger conflict (they came for the Cluster and stayed for Rose Quartz, after all)
    Ah, finally, the onion aliens will be revealed!

25. - Top - End - #1435

Nah.

It'll be Sneeple.

I mean, they won't be called that, but they will be obvious hybrids of humanoids or serpents.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Ah, finally, the onion aliens will be revealed!
    Well.....Onion HAS been played as a foil to Steven, and their family doesn't seem to line up with any real world ethnicity with their strange hair and language. like sure there are other families that are a little strange, like Frybos but they're just stylized blondes. the Onion family is the only one that doesn't make sense in appearance and such. While not exactly like our world, its clear that Steven's world is close enough that I can say any out of place appearance isn't just for cartoonish effect, given that Steven remarks that he doesn't even know if Onion is truly human multiple times. and given that Onion and his strange ways have been the focus of an episode more than once.

like sure Steven's relationship with Onion has been pretty sitcom with him having trouble understanding Onion more than he does Gems......but maybe thats the twist: maybe ONION is the final boss. after Onion learns HIS crazy heritage and becomes the rival to Steven's protagonist, except given that this is Onion, he goes completely MAD WITH POWER and uses his power irresponsibly.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Nah.

It'll be Sneeple.

I mean, they won't be called that, but they will be obvious hybrids of humanoids or serpents.
    Why not both?

Onions and Snakes both have layers. they're Onion Sneeple, and they have multiple layers and to counter the Gems durability, they simply shed one layer of themselves to heal themselves to full like a snake eternally being reborn. thats how such a biological race could stand against the Gems, they can just eternally be reborn just like Gems.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-07-20 at 02:50 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

i mean, we have Gems. maybe the next alien race will be Metals.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

There's got to be something out there that justifies the Gems' highly militaristic society and technology, which was already there before the rebellion. To say nothing about how they're created artificially and seemingly designed for a purpose.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    i mean, we have Gems. maybe the next alien race will be Metals.
    Isnt Bismuth a metal?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

30. - Top - End - #1440

Steven Universe is getting a movie. "Coming soon" they say.

This'll be it. This'll be the finale. The series is over after this, pretty sure.

Also I GOT SPOILED FOR ****S SAKE. Stupid ****ing idiot nerds don't know how to control themselves.