New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Spoiler: Onion Gang
    Show

Onion really can't carry an episode on his own, and even though Steven's voice has gotten a whole lot better than the earlier episodes, an episode with only him speaking still grates on the ears. At least the seasonal Onion exposure is over with. Or so I hope.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Show
    Onion is friends with similarly named and similarly speach impaired creepy kids.

Steven is less creeped out by Onion than he was previously.

This is all.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Show
    Onion is friends with similarly named and similarly speach impaired creepy kids.

Steven is less creeped out by Onion than he was previously.

This is all.
    Show
    Actually, thinking about The Kindergarten Kid: Steven talks to Peridot about gem mutants thinking and seeing things differently to other people. Has dealing with Onion helped Steven to (partially) understand the mutants?
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

I was hoping for some follow up on
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pearl is a Lesbian!: The Episode AKA Last One Out of Beach City,
    but I guess it's too soon for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd have said that it is a little late for that, given what we have seen with her relationship with Rose...
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was just saying last week how I wanted more of the mystery girl but this week's episode would probably follow someone I care zero about like Ronaldo. But it followed Onion. Which is somehow even worse.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Very, very, boring episode. Onion is not a character I greatly care about, and Steven didn't really get anything interesting to do. Probably a contender for worst episode of the show.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    I'd have said that it is a little late for that, given what we have seen with her relationship with Rose...
    Indeed. I found it far more interesting that she would pursue a relationship with a human at all than that she picked a female.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You're silly. Things are happening really slowly. it'll be months before we get any plot.

Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-09-17 at 12:31 PM.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

10. - Top - End - #220

You're silly. Things are happening really slowly. it'll be months before we get any plot.

Them Steven bombs spoiled folks. Then again, it can be killer to wait a week and only get a 15 minute update. Especially since there was a new episode every weekday for what... a month?

Also, I dunno if Onion Gang was the worst episode, I didn't really care for it. Onion only really seems to work for me when he does a gag and then drops out... like when he used that harpoon gun way back in season one and accidentally sunk that ship.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I wonder if this episode was made because every voice actor except Steven's was unavailable.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Show
    I wonder if this episode was made because every voice actor except Steven's was unavailable.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well I mean if anything this'll save money for other episodes down the line.

Also did no one else notice that we're back on hiatus status now? Because we are...

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Also did no one else notice that we're back on hiatus status now? Because we are...
    Adventure Time has been on hiatus for months now. I hope it's because they're still working on the movie. Uncle Grandpa is toast, and Regular Show is coming back... but IN SPACE!

So, this is like a mid-season break we're looking at?
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

14. - Top - End - #224

The best part of that episode was when it showed the picture of Garnet giving a thumbs up for a second.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Also, I dunno if Onion Gang was the worst episode, I didn't really care for it. Onion only really seems to work for me when he does a gag and then drops out... like when he used that harpoon gun way back in season one and accidentally sunk that ship.
    It was certainly the least episode.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought it was okay, definitely not the quality I'm used to by this point but not terrible. It showed that Onion isn't at least wholly evil, and does something with his time other than torment the people of Beach City.

Oh and on the previous topic of abridged series, the SAO Abridged is the best I've seen, legitimately better than the original by far, with far more character development as well as of course being hilarious. Every episode is far better than the last and you should definitely check it out whether you love or hate the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    I'd kill to own a sourcebook for this: Over 9000 pages, mostly filler.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    Oh, I know that, you know that, but far too many were of the impression they were asexual* space rocks, it didn't really count, or that Pearl's love/infatuation for Rose wasn't in any way romantic.
    *in the reproductive sense

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well I mean if anything this'll save money for other episodes down the line.

Yeah, I noticed when I realized no more upcoming episodes were listed on Wikipedia and on TV Tropes.
    How long will this one last, I wonder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

18. - Top - End - #228

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

think people are kinda mistreating onion gang tbh, yeah it wasn't the best episode in the world, but your reason for thinking it's the worst shouldn't be "because it wasn't about pearl and mystery girl", that's just rude. We'll get back to them sooner or later, in the meantime there are other things to get too. If you latch on to one idea and throw a fit any time something that isn't that idea happens, then you're kinda just being a ****.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

People aren't calling out Onion Gang on being a bad episode for not continuing Pearl and Rose 2.0. They're calling out Onion Gang on being a bad episode because it is a bad episode. Onion can't carry an episode on his own. There's nothing exciting about the episode. Nothing that makes you excited because Onion is not an exciting character. He's an RNG. Things Onion do in one episode has no effect on the next time he shows up, so an episode devoted to exploring him doesn't carry nearly as much weight as an episode devoted to exploring Jamie or the Pizzas. You could probably create an entirely new character and have the episode focus on them and it'd be better off because it didn't have Onion's baggage. The episode also fails to deliver on the premise of exploring Onion, because all we see is that Onion has friends. Besides that, the episode is all about Steven being petulant, whiny and talking way too much.

TL:DR Bad episode is bad.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

I didn't like Onion Gang. Not because it's a particularly bad episode - I dislike the episodes "Secret Team" and "Fusion Cuisine" more - but because it had so few good qualities in it. I don't know what this episode does for the show as a whole, I don't know what Onion does for this show as a whole. So maybe it's better to say that I think it's a worthless or useless episode

22. - Top - End - #232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    I didn't like Onion Gang. Not because it's a particularly bad episode - I dislike the episodes "Secret Team" and "Fusion Cuisine" more - but because it had so few good qualities in it. I don't know what this episode does for the show as a whole, I don't know what Onion does for this show as a whole. So maybe it's better to say that I think it's a worthless or useless episode
    Yeah, this is what I meant when I called it the least episode. There's not really anything particularly bad about it, it's just that there's not really anything particularly good about it, either.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

23. - Top - End - #233

All the Onion episodes are garbage.. which is bad because I love Vidalia and Sour Cream. Not so much Fishtail either tho.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, I know that, you know that, but far too many were of the impression they were asexual* space rocks, it didn't really count, or that Pearl's love/infatuation for Rose wasn't in any way romantic.
    *in the reproductive sense
    Well I mean, they ARE polymorphic sentient space rocks. I for one applaud Pearl for being willing to look past the species barrier.

Come to think of it, Pearl looking past that actually IS rather remarkable...
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2016-09-18 at 07:42 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Ok yeah, Onion pretty much is the worst part of the show, but thats only because everyone agrees that Onion doesn't make any sense. The Gems make far more sense than Onion. Their setting magic is pretty self-consistent and ties in to a lot of the themes and commentary of the show.

Onion on the other hand, lets face it, is his own brand of weirdness that has nothing to do with anything, doesn't contribute anything of note, and doesn't really have a point by itself. It just seems to be there. Maybe Onion is for representational neurodiversity purposes, but I honestly wouldn't be able to pin down whats his deal if I tried. Which is honestly a lot of the cases of fictional representation of such people: they exhibit many traits of this or that, but its never exactly clear what mental condition they actually have. and some neurodiverse conditions can be look similar on the surface while being completely different.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ok yeah, Onion pretty much is the worst part of the show, but thats only because everyone agrees that Onion doesn't make any sense. The Gems make far more sense than Onion. Their setting magic is pretty self-consistent and ties in to a lot of the themes and commentary of the show.

Onion on the other hand, lets face it, is his own brand of weirdness that has nothing to do with anything, doesn't contribute anything of note, and doesn't really have a point by itself. It just seems to be there. Maybe Onion is for representational neurodiversity purposes, but I honestly wouldn't be able to pin down whats his deal if I tried. Which is honestly a lot of the cases of fictional representation of such people: they exhibit many traits of this or that, but its never exactly clear what mental condition they actually have. and some neurodiverse conditions can be look similar on the surface while being completely different.
    ...He could just be weird for the sake of being weird. I mean, that is very much a running theme with a bunch of Cartoon Network shows.

Not everything has a secret meaning. XD Onion just seems to be Onion honestly.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, I wish they would leave us with some plot before a hiatus.

The question is what to do in the meantime.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Onion does feel kind of out-of-place in the show. It's alright when he's just a background element (setting the rollercoaster on fire, using the harpoon...) but when he has to carry a whole episode, it just falls apart. Bad character, bad episode.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

I mean, I wish they would leave us with some plot before a hiatus.

The question is what to do in the meantime.
    I linked to it earlier, but I'd like to make a recommendation of "The Best Show" which is some kind of podcast thingo with Greg Universe's voice actor. It's really funny.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

i don't think there's anything inherently wrong with onion tbh. kid's just weird for being weird is my guess. maybe this episode was their attempt to add something more then just the crazyness we know him for, maybe they just wanted to show that there were more kids then just him and steven around. Heck, maybe they just wanted to make an episode where people could laugh about children named after food, who knows?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show