New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Parallel Equestria (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Glitch View Post
    Speaking to Elmsely, "He means the five of us."
    "Well, yeah." Elmsley thinks a moment about how best to clarify his meaning. "But kind of a funny thing to follow up with, 'perhaps,' right? Sounds like the number means something."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"How should I know? I can't read minds?"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

The cloaked figure turns towards the four of you, bowing his head to keep the flashlight's beam off his face, his arms crossed behind his back.

"Where are my manners? I am Thorn, messenger of the Four Oracles," he explains, "My homeland has come under great distress, so I was sent here by the Oracles to seek aid. From what I know of this land, anyone brave enough to scale this mountain would surely be brave enough to help me. You are the first ones I have seen up this mountain in quite a while, and thus the first ones I can put trust in."

Thorn tilts his head up slightly, still keeping his face in shadow.

"What say you?"

Spoiler: Quick Overcome Difficulty 2
    Show
    In a brief moment as the cloaked figure turns around, you see the flashlight's glow glint off his skin as though if were covered in scales, as well as off a green eye with a vertical pupil.
    Last edited by Dudeons; 2016-09-15 at 03:17 AM.
    Humanized version of my first avatar made linklele.

Declared God of Chance and Creativity as well as Equestria's Master of the d20.

Quote Originally Posted by backwaterj View Post
    Love for the d12! Dudeons wins the game!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOC: I know I have now prior experience to base this on, but I feel like this just jumped the tracks in terms of which genre the soucre material and where this game seems to be going. And I think my character might have the same feeling, I'm not sure.))

Glitch lands to acomodate the figure having stopped his pursuit of Gale Force. "O.K., now this guy is raising red flags for me."
    (4d3-7)[0]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Ruff, frowning, shaking his head desicivly
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The cloaked figure's speech gives Homespun pause...

"Can monsters talk?" she asks herself. She's not sure of the answer, nor is she sure if they ever wear cloaks, and with the mystery man effectively concealing his whole body, she can't confirm for certain either way.

Thinking on it, she supposes it must depend on the type of monster? Like, no one would expect an Ursa Major to speak, but Changelings have to be able to say something, right? Or else they couldn't steal your identity very well, could they?

Anyway, suspicious creepy monster man though he might be, he's asking for help, so he at least deserves her attention.

"Now where's this 'homeland' you're talking about? Someplace like Trottingham? Saddle Arabia? Griffonstone? Um... or Yak... what is it... Yakyakistan? And while I'm asking questions, do you have any idea why these 'Oracles' sent you to, uh, a big spooky mountain outside of Vanhoover? This sure sounds more like a Ponyville or Canterlot sorta problem..."

She scratches her head with one hoof.

"Well, unless your dire emergency is a lumber shortage... I guess you came to the right place if it is!"
    Current Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    GMing The Lotus Blossoms! [Exalted 3E] (OOC)
    Playing Waldaharjaz in The Convergence of Sky [Exalted 3E]
    Playing Rivers in Welcome to Thorns [Exalted 3E]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Glad we're on the same page," Elmsley whispers to Glitch as the dragon lands. The donkey then dismounts, hooves hitting the ground with surprising grace, given the size of his pack. He even turns the landing into a showy little bow, answering the mysterious Thorn's introduction: "Elmsley Flourish, the Amazing and Astounding."

The magician's apprentice then nods along with Homespun's inquiries. "Yeah. I mean, okay, it's not like the princesses are going to solve every problem, but... We're kinda out in the boonies next to that." While he patters on, he wracks his brain for any "Oracles" he might have come across in his studies, and what that might tell him about the stranger and his proposition.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've never heard of these Oracles. Who are they? And what do you/they need help with?"