New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thread XXVII: Pokémon GO Recharge Your Phone!

Spoiler: New Trailer
    Show

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that a future trailer will troll us by going "and for Litten's final evolution, we have the traditional Fire/Fighting type that is beloved so much! JUST KIDDING! its Fire/X."

I for one welcome my little fire kitty either way. I'll be trying to get all pokemon anyways, so whats the bother, and the last Fire type starter that came out was Fire/Psychic. So they know to buck the trend especially when:
    Grass Starters have Venusaur (Grass/Poison), Meganium (Pure Grass), Sceptile (Pure Grass, but Grass/Dragon in mega-evolution), Torterra (Grass/Ground), Serperior (Pure Grass), and Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)

Water Starters have:
    Blastoise (Pure Water) Feraligatr (Pure Water), Swampert (Water/Ground), Empoleon (Water/Steel), Samurott (Pure Water), and Greninja (Water/Dark)

While Fire Starters have:
    Charizard (Fire/Flying), Typhlosion (Pure Fire), Blaziken (Fire/Fighting), Infernape (Fire/Fighting), Emboar (Fire/Fighting), and Delphox (Fire/Psychic)

So, the other two starter line ups have three pure water and three pure Grass types. while the Fire line has three Fire/Fighting types, with only one pure Fire type from gen 2. So, type combination wise, the other starters are technically plagued with being boringly single-typed to a similar degree. So if you were going to worry about that sort of thing, I'd worry about Popplio and Rowlet not getting a second typing at all. or at least Popplio, Rowlet seems to be solidly Grass/Flying.

and I like that this trailer has a "don't worry, it does mega-evolution too, we haven't forgotten about that." put in there.

Hm, interesting stuff with the online features. can't say more, though at least they addressed pokemon doing something other than rotting in a PC box problem. hoo boy, am I going to have a lot of pokemon to manage when they get transferred over....

as for Demo.......eh. I'm sticking with my own Greninja that I raised myself thank you very much. I don't need no special one! especially one connected with Ash. I get enough of his loser-ness from actually watching him. I mean I guess I could check out the demo just to release said Greninja at the end? If its really given to you, the demo sounds like it should at least go up far enough for it to make sense, and therefore get your starter to final evolution stage? then we can confirm for ourselves whether Litten will become fire/fighting type.

Really, my take on Litten is that if it really does evolve into Fire/Fighting, its not a dealbreaker. Litten would still be apart of the family and still loved, it just wouldn't stand out as much one would like. If Litten wants to be Fighting like its three brothers before it, thats ok. That is Litten's choice.

But here is a thing I want to put out there: Litten has a the symbol for Brimstone on its face right? and the alchemists often used that for signifying the DEVIL right? and.....Litten has a lot of black fur, doesn't it? So what if, Litten's final form was actually.... Fire/DARK type? hm? think about it. cats are known to be evil. Dark types are known to be low-down good for nothing cheaters. while Fighting types are culturally honorable good guys in Japan, right? So what better way for it to buck the trend of Fire/Fighting than to be its exact opposite, Dark, while also being something distinctly different from Delphox, the previous Fire type, a Psychic? While still making perfect sense. that and Dark is a notably physical kind of type,just like Fighting, so you could instead look at Litten's final evolution as a dark brute not afraid to fight dirty rather than a wrestler.

name one cat in pokemon that has been Fighting. you can't? because they are either normal or dark. We already have a Fire/Normal cat in Littleo and Pyroar, so why not a Fire/Dark in Litten?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Show

For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion that a future trailer will troll us by going "and for Litten's final evolution, we have the traditional Fire/Fighting type that is beloved so much! JUST KIDDING! its Fire/X."

I for one welcome my little fire kitty either way. I'll be trying to get all pokemon anyways, so whats the bother, and the last Fire type starter that came out was Fire/Psychic. So they know to buck the trend especially when:
    Grass Starters have Venusaur (Grass/Poison), Meganium (Pure Grass), Sceptile (Pure Grass, but Grass/Dragon in mega-evolution), Torterra (Grass/Ground), Serperior (Pure Grass), and Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)

Water Starters have:
    Blastoise (Pure Water) Feraligatr (Pure Water), Swampert (Water/Ground), Empoleon (Water/Steel), Samurott (Pure Water), and Greninja (Water/Dark)

While Fire Starters have:
    Charizard (Fire/Flying), Typhlosion (Pure Fire), Blaziken (Fire/Fighting), Infernape (Fire/Fighting), Emboar (Fire/Fighting), and Delphox (Fire/Psychic)

So, the other two starter line ups have three pure water and three pure Grass types. while the Fire line has three Fire/Fighting types, with only one pure Fire type from gen 2. So, type combination wise, the other starters are technically plagued with being boringly single-typed to a similar degree. So if you were going to worry about that sort of thing, I'd worry about Popplio and Rowlet not getting a second typing at all. or at least Popplio, Rowlet seems to be solidly Grass/Flying.

and I like that this trailer has a "don't worry, it does mega-evolution too, we haven't forgotten about that." put in there.

Hm, interesting stuff with the online features. can't say more, though at least they addressed pokemon doing something other than rotting in a PC box problem. hoo boy, am I going to have a lot of pokemon to manage when they get transferred over....

as for Demo.......eh. I'm sticking with my own Greninja that I raised myself thank you very much. I don't need no special one! especially one connected with Ash. I get enough of his loser-ness from actually watching him. I mean I guess I could check out the demo just to release said Greninja at the end? If its really given to you, the demo sounds like it should at least go up far enough for it to make sense, and therefore get your starter to final evolution stage? then we can confirm for ourselves whether Litten will become fire/fighting type.

Really, my take on Litten is that if it really does evolve into Fire/Fighting, its not a dealbreaker. Litten would still be apart of the family and still loved, it just wouldn't stand out as much one would like. If Litten wants to be Fighting like its three brothers before it, thats ok. That is Litten's choice.

But here is a thing I want to put out there: Litten has a the symbol for Brimstone on its face right? and the alchemists often used that for signifying the DEVIL right? and.....Litten has a lot of black fur, doesn't it? So what if, Litten's final form was actually.... Fire/DARK type? hm? think about it. cats are known to be evil. Dark types are known to be low-down good for nothing cheaters. while Fighting types are culturally honorable good guys in Japan, right? So what better way for it to buck the trend of Fire/Fighting than to be its exact opposite, Dark, while also being something distinctly different from Delphox, the previous Fire type, a Psychic? While still making perfect sense. that and Dark is a notably physical kind of type,just like Fighting, so you could instead look at Litten's final evolution as a dark brute not afraid to fight dirty rather than a wrestler.

name one cat in pokemon that has been Fighting. you can't? because they are either normal or dark. We already have a Fire/Normal cat in Littleo and Pyroar, so why not a Fire/Dark in Litten?
    Spoiler: Demo
    Show
    If it is anything like the ORAS demo, it'll feature one thing, which is only tangentially related to the main game. The mon you use is the same, and the Greninja you get is already evolved. It will be short (maybe an hour at most) and be completely linear. It's a short gameplay teaser. For comparison, it be like the Oak's Parcel miniquest from RBY, plus the catching tutorial, as far as length and complexity.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Show

Spoiler: Trailer
    Show
    The leak that had the final stage also explicitly called it Fire/Dark, as it's a "heel" fighter as opposed to a /Fighting type's "face".

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Spoiler: Trailer
    Show
    The leak that had the final stage also explicitly called it Fire/Dark, as it's a "heel" fighter as opposed to a /Fighting type's "face".
    Spoiler
    Show
    So it's in a stable with Scrafty and Pangoro, and it can't be seen in public with Machamp.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So it's in a stable with Scrafty and Pangoro, and it can't be seen in public with Machamp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Exactly. If I wasn't already sold on Owliver Queen, I'd be Team Wrestlemeownia for sure just for that. Scrafty and Pangoro are two of my favorites from their games and having an entire team of antiheroes in Sun would be marvelous.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

I love all the middle stage starter evolutions!

That is all.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    So if you were going to worry about that sort of thing, I'd worry about Popplio and Rowlet not getting a second typing at all. or at least Popplio, Rowlet seems to be solidly Grass/Flying.
    I don't know...the other two seem like they could VERY easily be "Fire/Dark" and "Water/Fairy" to me.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show

I don't know...the other two seem like they could VERY easily be "Fire/Dark" and "Water/Fairy" to me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In one of the events where a alpha build was being played by a developer, the starter used was Popplio and it learned a Fairy move (I think Disarming Voice) at like, level 7.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Doing a Pokémon X Nuzlocke, about to go after the Elite Four with the following team:

Spoiler
    Show
    Lv 72 Greninja
    Torrent
    King's Rock
    Water Shuriken
    Night Slash
    Power Up Punch
    Waterfall

Lv 66 Talonflame
    Bashful
    Flame Body
    (none)
    Flame Charge/Flare Blitz
    Acrobatics
    Steel Wing
    Swords Dance

Lv 69 Roserade
    Timid
    Poison Point
    Black Sludge
    Venoshock
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Toxic

Lv 68 Tyrantrum
    Adamant
    Strong Jaw
    (undecided)
    Head Smash
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Dragon Claw

Lv 69 Durant
    Timid
    Swarm
    (undecided)
    X-Scissor
    Crunch
    Iron Head
    Dig/Earthquake

Lv 64 Gothitelle
    Brave
    Frisk
    (undecided)
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Hidden Power (Dragon)

So I had pretty much everything figured out and was just going around the world looking for TMs and completing sidequests when I caught a shiny Adamant Poliwhirl.

This is the second shiny I've ever caught during a Nuzlocke run, so I'd really like to use it.

So I have to make a few decisions. Moveset? Poliwrath or Politoed? Who to replace? Any suggestions?

The obvious choice seems to be Poliwrath and replace Gothitelle as she's the newest and seemingly least useful for the E4 and subsequent champion.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2016-10-05 at 05:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Wouldn't be much of a point in running a physical Politoed, so I'd say Poliwrath is what you want. Sadly, it doesn't have a lot of good physical moves either. You can run Earthquake on it, and Waterfall, but it gets dark quickly after that... best physical fighting moves would be Submission or Brick Break. Then there's Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Rock Slide... None of these are particularly powerful. He'd also cut into Greninja's turf, and not super well at that.

It does have Circle Throw, so it could use Rest and Sleep Talk to cycle opposing Pokémon through Stealth Rocks. Even on its own, Circle Throw has the merit of foiling any set-up move plans the Elite Four may hatch. Aside from that, there's always Toxic.

Can't see any Ice attacks yet, so Ice Punch wouldn't be the worst of ideas. Show those dragons who's boss.
    Last edited by Silfir; 2016-10-05 at 06:50 PM.
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Wouldn't be much of a point in running a physical Politoed, so I'd say Poliwrath is what you want. Sadly, it doesn't have a lot of good physical moves either. You can run Earthquake on it, and Waterfall, but it gets dark quickly after that... best physical fighting moves would be Submission or Brick Break. Then there's Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Rock Slide... None of these are particularly powerful. He'd also cut into Greninja's turf, and not super well at that.

It does have Circle Throw, so it could use Rest and Sleep Talk to cycle opposing Pokémon through Stealth Rocks. Even on its own, Circle Throw has the merit of foiling any set-up move plans the Elite Four may hatch. Aside from that, there's always Toxic.

Can't see any Ice attacks yet, so Ice Punch wouldn't be the worst of ideas. Show those dragons who's boss.
    Unfortunately according to Serebii Ice Punch is only available from ORAS move tutors, so that's out of the question. Only other Ice attacks available to Poliwrath are the standard special Ice Beam, Blizzard, etc.

Meaning my only anti-dragon is Tyrantrum, who's just as vulnerable himself.

Drasnia's going to be interesting.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Unfortunately according to Serebii Ice Punch is only available from ORAS move tutors, so that's out of the question.
    If you're making the decision between Politoed and Poliwrath, the former requires trading anyway.

To deal with dragons, forget about Leech Seed/Toxic walling with Roserade (it doesn't have much in the way of defenses anyway) and give it Dazzling Gleam... though Diantha's Goodra will be the biggest hurdle there given its massive Special Defense.

Edit: according to Serebii, the approximate file size for Sun/Moon has been revealed. If you plan on downloading it, make sure you have a bigger SD card: at 3.2 GB, it's nearly twice the size of the Gen VI games.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2016-10-06 at 05:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Sun/Moon Starter discussion
    Show
    I know that one leak has a lot of momentum going for it, that had the sketch of final evolutions and the one character with a spoon and all, but did anyone explicitly deny the other leak we had earlier where type images of Grass, Flying, Water, Fairy, Fire, and Ground types were on the official website severs way back when? Yes, I know the final evolution sketch looks like a Fighting type, but Sawk and Throh both look like Rock types and that didn't stop anything.

Wouldn't rely too much on Litten getting Dark typing down the line. Alolan Meowth is already a Dark type cat and is also debuting this generation, and we already have Purrloin and Liepard, too. I mean, yeah, it doesn't prevent it from happening, but it would be lousy timing.

And then M. Night Shamalan comes in and surprise! This generation's starters only evolve once!
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2016-10-06 at 06:08 AM. Reason: I am an oxford comma person. Yes, my typo irritated me that much.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Yeesh, ya miss a couple of days...

And to add to that, there's another Hoopa event, using the code 2016HOOPA.
    Oh for...!

After all that effort I spent trying to find somewhere to get one and now I can get THREE!

Guh.

Ah well, if all else fails, have something to trade for a Volcanion if I can't wangle one somehow, right?

Spoiler: Sun/Moon
    Show
    Okay, Megas are still in - Lopunny might be back in (though for the second game of the pair)!

Still hoping Littern for Fire/Dark, but otherwise anything other than a FORTH Fire/Fighting would suit me.

Never been very fond of any of the middle-stage evolutions (Pikachu, Charmeleon, Frogadier being a handful of rare exceptions), so the decider will be the final forms. Mind you, I historically didn't like the looks of the Jotho starters - especially Chikorita and first blush, but they grew on me (a lot, in that particular case - and the anime REALLY helped) and that pattern has repeated a bit. Last gen, I liked the starters but was very underwhelmed with the final forms. Gen V suffered from the same issue, I really liked Samurott (made it no-brainer choice) and while I liked Snivy through Serperior, it's taken until Ash's ludicsrously brilliant Snivy to make me get over how pants it was statwise. So at the moment, Littern is looking like my first choice and the others are... Eh. Whichever game I get second is almost certainly going to be Rowlet. Popplio... is really not doing it for me at the moment - time will have to tell.

Actually, overall, I'm kind of disappointed with this gen's pokémon. There is a bit of a lack thus far of "wow, I gotta use o' them!" just on aesthetics. Salandit is currently leading that pack, along with Alola!Vulpix.

I'm going to break tradition, though, because I WANT Ash-Greninja. Like, BADLY. I NEED to Ash-HAX.

Because I am a very sad, sad, ridiculous Ash-fan.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Spoiler: Sun/Moon Starter discussion
    Show
    I know that one leak has a lot of momentum going for it, that had the sketch of final evolutions and the one character with a spoon and all, but did anyone explicitly deny the other leak we had earlier where type images of Grass, Flying, Water, Fairy, Fire, and Ground types were on the official website severs way back when? Yes, I know the final evolution sketch looks like a Fighting type, but Sawk and Throh both look like Rock types and that didn't stop anything.

Wouldn't rely too much on Litten getting Dark typing down the line. Alolan Meowth is already a Dark type cat and is also debuting this generation, and we already have Purrloin and Liepard, too. I mean, yeah, it doesn't prevent it from happening, but it would be lousy timing.

And then M. Night Shamalan comes in and surprise! This generation's starters only evolve once!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those way back 'leaks' were from the official site. Essentially, there was programming for images of the box that represented Ground and Dark, in addition to Water, Grass, Flying and Fire. And based on how the images weree numbered, they determined that Rowlett will go Grass/Ground, Popplio would stay pure Water and Litten would go Fire/Dark. Nothing else has come of this, since we don't have any confirmation for the final forms.

You also seem to be under the misconception that Litten can't retread ground. Take a look at every cat mon that's been released. All of them are Normal types except Purrloin and Liepard. Additionally, Litten isn't even the first Fire cat, Litleo/Pyroar beat it by a generation. Having it go Fire/Dark isn't that surprising, really.

Also, how do pokemon that are wearing Gi not scream Fighting type?
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

And to add to that, there's another Hoopa event, using the code 2016HOOPA.
    Code wouldn't work for me, it said (on all three games) "you cannot recieve a gift with that code." Maybe regional...?

According to Serebii, the dates are right for the US version, but the European version is listed as having been 6th April to 30th April 2016. And for everyone else, it was January 2016.

What the what?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-10-06 at 10:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Code wouldn't work for me, it said (on all three games) "you cannot recieve a gift with that code." Maybe regional...?

According to Serebii, the dates are right for the US version, but the European version is listed as having been 6th April to 30th April 2016. And for everyone else, it was January 2016.

What the what?
    Perhaps if you got the previous Hoopa you cannot get this one?
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sorry, it's a North America code (I thought I mentioned it, but apparently I hadn't).

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Those way back 'leaks' were from the official site. Essentially, there was programming for images of the box that represented Ground and Dark, in addition to Water, Grass, Flying and Fire. And based on how the images weree numbered, they determined that Rowlett will go Grass/Ground, Popplio would stay pure Water and Litten would go Fire/Dark. Nothing else has come of this, since we don't have any confirmation for the final forms.

You also seem to be under the misconception that Litten can't retread ground. Take a look at every cat mon that's been released. All of them are Normal types except Purrloin and Liepard. Additionally, Litten isn't even the first Fire cat, Litleo/Pyroar beat it by a generation. Having it go Fire/Dark isn't that surprising, really.

Also, how do pokemon that are wearing Gi not scream Fighting type?
    Spoiler
    Show
    The leak I'm talking about was Grass, Flying, Fire, Ground, Water, and Fairy, it didn't have anything about Dark in there, so I think you're talking about a different leak.

Reason I'm saying Litten getting a Dark-type down the line is unlikely is unrelated to the leaks of which I'm asking. We already have a confirmed Dark Type cat debuting in this generation. Yes, we get duplicate appearance and and redundant typings. No, they do not generally appear in the same generation and with starters. Unless you're saying that Litleo and Pyroar look a whole lot like Fennekin, Braixen, and Delphox (to be clear, I'm pretty certain you're not stating that point), I don't really see the relevance.

Yes, Sawk and Throh wear karate gi uniforms, which do, indeed, scream, "Fighting type." They also appear to be made of rocks, which similarly screams, "Rock type." If we had sketches of Sawk and Throh as we have them now prior to their confirmed release- but weren't explicitly told they were only Fighting Type- people would generally and reasonably assume that they were at least part Rock types because they appear to be made of rocks. It sounds a whole lot like we're doing that sort of thing with Litten. 'Course, both of or either of the leaks could just the same be wrong, but eh.

And for the chuckle, I was confused for the first 20 minutes of this post because I was mixing up Ground typing with your "retreading ground" phrasing.

Unrelatedly- anyone got the odds of Torracat being able to learn Heal Bell and then not have the stats to support it?
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, it's a North America code (I thought I mentioned it, but apparently I hadn't).
    Begs the question of how the frack we all apparently missed the European version in April (if indeed, that date is accurate)... As I find it hard to beleive that we wouldn't have had plenty of Hoopas floating around if we mostly didn't.

What baffles me is here - and infrequently on Serebii - I check the events, so as not to miss one, but until you mentioned the NA code, I don't recall seeing the apparent April event on Serebii when I was actively looking for a Hoopa.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-10-07 at 08:58 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The leak I'm talking about was Grass, Flying, Fire, Ground, Water, and Fairy, it didn't have anything about Dark in there, so I think you're talking about a different leak.

Reason I'm saying Litten getting a Dark-type down the line is unlikely is unrelated to the leaks of which I'm asking. We already have a confirmed Dark Type cat debuting in this generation. Yes, we get duplicate appearance and and redundant typings. No, they do not generally appear in the same generation and with starters. Unless you're saying that Litleo and Pyroar look a whole lot like Fennekin, Braixen, and Delphox (to be clear, I'm pretty certain you're not stating that point), I don't really see the relevance.

Yes, Sawk and Throh wear karate gi uniforms, which do, indeed, scream, "Fighting type." They also appear to be made of rocks, which similarly screams, "Rock type." If we had sketches of Sawk and Throh as we have them now prior to their confirmed release- but weren't explicitly told they were only Fighting Type- people would generally and reasonably assume that they were at least part Rock types because they appear to be made of rocks. It sounds a whole lot like we're doing that sort of thing with Litten. 'Course, both of or either of the leaks could just the same be wrong, but eh.

And for the chuckle, I was confused for the first 20 minutes of this post because I was mixing up Ground typing with your "retreading ground" phrasing.

Unrelatedly- anyone got the odds of Torracat being able to learn Heal Bell and then not have the stats to support it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then we are talking about 2 completely different leaks and arguing over nothing, my bad!

As far as Heal Bell... its a Status move that doesn't check stats at all. The only way it could get it and not be able to use it is if its slow, and frail (so it'll crumple before it gets a chance to use it) or its moveset is so crammed packed with other better moves that removing one for Heal Bell is wasteful or even harmful to its ability to do it's intended role.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Best Wishes, Because I think someone else is catching up on the anime
    Show

The Unova league was complete bullspit.

I actually think it may have been worse than DP and Tobias, because at least Tobias was HAX in-universe; Cameron just felt like that it the writers had decided he was going to win and frack Ash. Not only did he only use five Pokémon (and the level of unthinking contempt Cameron showed for the whole league by not even reading the rules at any point ever), but he got an evolution hax AND all that after he basically wasted two of his Pokémon by throwing them out against opponents they were double vulnerable too. He did not feel like he earned that win, even more than Tobias did.

Not too mention that the prelimiaries being one-on-one was just a fracking JOKE. Even the Johto league had a series of one-on-ones (though apparently Hoenn was just as bad)... And of course BW just loves those dull one-on-ones don't it?

Trip proves that this presence in the series was entirely pointless, since his relevance to Ash was tangential at best (and Ash didn't even do the "befriendshiping" it was his lame loss to Alder); not only that, cements his position in both terms of skill and as a trainer as Being Worse than Bianca. She has the sense to not frack off in a sulk as soon ashe loses, but stays to tne end to observe all of the MUCH BETTER TRAINERS at work. But no, for Trip, if it isn;t related to him directly, he goes off and sulks.

So, the only bright spot in an otherwise very poor League was Ash verses Stephan. Stephan is hands-down Best Recurring Companion of the series and it's crying shame he had to go out earlier (but also, dude stuck around).

Ash's match against Cameron was... Ash at his worst, not even using basic strategy and just punching attacks at each other. And for Cameron to be awared victory with a handicap is... Infuriating.

Why couldn't Ash have been knocked out by Virgil? That, at least, could have been an amazing battle.

Also, Pokémon could at least stand to please not be using the "introduce characters who will beat Ash at the last minute." For all Tobias' HAX, at least he didn't actually meet and befriend Ash before the League.

Lessons to be learned from DP as well - if you want to do that, start early. When Zoe beat Dawn in the finals, I was so familiar with both that, like Dawn herself, it was kind of "don't care who wins." Had Ash been beaten in the League by Nando then - or Stephan in Unova, it would have all been cool beans, because it's much easier to feel good about a defeat if its at the hands of your mates. The stupid par about Pokémon is that it keeps trying to push that message, but then only does it with people we meet just prior to the league instead of way back.

And there's still a ton of the series left to go...

Given the reactions to the XY league (and I'm still way off from that, so no more spoilers for me, ta), I'm starting to be frightened to consider if that is indeed worse. If if is, maybe that's why Ash was like "frack it, I'mma go to school on some islands of something bollocks to this league business" or something.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Blegh. Finding 25 different natured synchronizers* is proving to be a colossal pain. I still can't find an adamant one, while I'm pretty sure I just caught my fourth impish Ralts. It doesn't help that my search level in dexnav is approaching 100, so that means more of them with their hidden ability (and thus fewer with synchronize).

*I know I don't actually need all 25 since some natures aren't very useful, but since the best ones are taking forever to find, I might as well assemble all 25 unless the twenty-fifth is hardy or quirky.
    Last edited by Squark; 2016-10-07 at 05:06 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Best Wishes, Because I think someone else is catching up on the anime
    Show

The Unova league was complete bullspit.

I actually think it may have been worse than DP and Tobias, because at least Tobias was HAX in-universe; Cameron just felt like that it the writers had decided he was going to win and frack Ash. Not only did he only use five Pokémon (and the level of unthinking contempt Cameron showed for the whole league by not even reading the rules at any point ever), but he got an evolution hax AND all that after he basically wasted two of his Pokémon by throwing them out against opponents they were double vulnerable too. He did not feel like he earned that win, even more than Tobias did.

Not too mention that the prelimiaries being one-on-one was just a fracking JOKE. Even the Johto league had a series of one-on-ones (though apparently Hoenn was just as bad)... And of course BW just loves those dull one-on-ones don't it?

Trip proves that this presence in the series was entirely pointless, since his relevance to Ash was tangential at best (and Ash didn't even do the "befriendshiping" it was his lame loss to Alder); not only that, cements his position in both terms of skill and as a trainer as Being Worse than Bianca. She has the sense to not frack off in a sulk as soon ashe loses, but stays to tne end to observe all of the MUCH BETTER TRAINERS at work. But no, for Trip, if it isn;t related to him directly, he goes off and sulks.

So, the only bright spot in an otherwise very poor League was Ash verses Stephan. Stephan is hands-down Best Recurring Companion of the series and it's crying shame he had to go out earlier (but also, dude stuck around).

Ash's match against Cameron was... Ash at his worst, not even using basic strategy and just punching attacks at each other. And for Cameron to be awared victory with a handicap is... Infuriating.

Why couldn't Ash have been knocked out by Virgil? That, at least, could have been an amazing battle.

Also, Pokémon could at least stand to please not be using the "introduce characters who will beat Ash at the last minute." For all Tobias' HAX, at least he didn't actually meet and befriend Ash before the League.

Lessons to be learned from DP as well - if you want to do that, start early. When Zoe beat Dawn in the finals, I was so familiar with both that, like Dawn herself, it was kind of "don't care who wins." Had Ash been beaten in the League by Nando then - or Stephan in Unova, it would have all been cool beans, because it's much easier to feel good about a defeat if its at the hands of your mates. The stupid par about Pokémon is that it keeps trying to push that message, but then only does it with people we meet just prior to the league instead of way back.

And there's still a ton of the series left to go...

Given the reactions to the XY league (and I'm still way off from that, so no more spoilers for me, ta), I'm starting to be frightened to consider if that is indeed worse. If if is, maybe that's why Ash was like "frack it, I'mma go to school on some islands of something bollocks to this league business" or something.
    Spoiler: XY; a little context for something that the internet has been yelling anyway
    Show
    Alain met Ash before the league and fought Ash-Greninja twice. Both times, he won to varying degrees against the not-fully-mastered form.

When they fight in the league, it's a good battle except for the final result. The stupid part is that Ash-Greninja, unscathed throughout the fight, got KOed by a single Blast Burn, while Charizard X, wounded by multiple Cuts and Shuriken, was still standing after a massive superpowered Water Shuriken.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Blegh. Finding 25 different natured synchronizers* is proving to be a colossal pain. I still can't find an adamant one, while I'm pretty sure I just caught my fourth impish Ralts. It doesn't help that my search level in dexnav is approaching 100, so that means more of them with their hidden ability (and thus fewer with synchronize).

*I know I don't actually need all 25 since some natures aren't very useful, but since the best ones are taking forever to find, I might as well assemble all 25 unless the twenty-fifth is hardy or quirky.
    Why don't you just use an everstone to breed the natures you want onto pokemon with synchronize? It would probably be a lot quicker and less aggravating than trying to rely on the dexnav to catch wild pokemon that may or may not have the desired nature and may or may not have synchronize.

And now I am off to continue breeding bidoof.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2016-10-07 at 07:25 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Why don't you just use an everstone to breed the natures you want onto pokemon with synchronize? It would probably be a lot quicker and less aggravating than trying to rely on the dexnav to catch wild pokemon that may or may not have the desired nature and may or may not have synchronize.

And now I am off to continue breeding bidoof.
    Hmm... I'd have to check if I have an Adamant or careful pokemon in the right egg group. Still, that might get the last two natures I need.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

My approach to that was just go crazy catching Dittoes, then I can get to any breedable pokemon fairly easy.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #418
    Firbolg in the Playground

My approach to that was just go crazy catching Dittoes, then I can get to any breedable pokemon fairly easy.
    This was my strategy as well. At least until I lost my X/Y cart :(
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    This was my strategy as well. At least until I lost my X/Y cart :(
    Pretty sure there are mirage islands in ORAS where Ditto are, you just have to go on the right days.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #420
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thinking about Starter Pokemon, I wonder just what it is about Fire types that they are the ones that so often get a secondary type (never mind that that type so often is Fighting) while Water and Grass don't? For that matter, just why so many Fire/Fighting starters? Has there ever been an explanation for that?