New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Thread XXVII: Pokémon GO Recharge Your Phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So, Elhann, you're in luck, since you asked first! I think probably the best thing to do is PM you the code (you're in the UK, right?) And we'll try and touch bases to do some trading at some point. (I should be around most of tomorrow - well, starting from about midday, anyway...)
    Spain, but the code should work just fine, I think. I should be available from 20:30 (19:30 in the UK), I have a family thing on the afternoon

Pokemon Y(Afo) an Alpha Sapphire (Al)
    Friend Code: 4656-7012-2957
    Friend safari: lilipup, loudred, ditto
    Available pokemon for trade: Follow the link.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elhann View Post
    Spain, but the code should work just fine, I think. I should be available from 20:30 (19:30 in the UK), I have a family thing on the afternoon
    Okay. I'll PM you the code and you can check if it works - if not, I'll use on one of my other games and trade you across.

Anything in particular I can grab you? I haven't got any HA Amura, but I can do you 4 or 5IV (probably 5) IV one for breeding stock, or a fine line in Skrelp (pretty much anything but sans Attack and many with HA!) Otherwise, I've got lots of Charmanders and Bulbasaurs and a Noivern or two.

3. - Top - End - #573

ElfRangerGuy

Okay. I'll PM you the code and you can check if it works - if not, I'll use on one of my other games and trade you across.

Anything in particular I can grab you? I haven't got any HA Amura, but I can do you 4 or 5IV (probably 5) IV one for breeding stock, or a fine line in Skrelp (pretty much anything but sans Attack and many with HA!) Otherwise, I've got lots of Charmanders and Bulbasaurs and a Noivern or two.
    The code worked just fine, thanks a lot!
    One of those HA skrelps would be great, but just send me whatever you want. The breeding project has been successful, and I have a lot of spare goomies ready for a home and a shiny one for me.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Unholy fracking crap, Elhann! I just noticed Caustic Mire is 6-IV! Wow... I mean WOW! Thanks, man! That's the first one I've ever had! (So now I can say my Goomy is, like, the top percentage of Goomys or something...)

That clinches it. First chance I get, she's goin' STRAIGHT to Sun/Moon!

I shudder to think how much breeding you must have done to get your shiny to have that on hand as a spare! Is your shiny a five or a six, after all that?

(Either that or you have a lot more look that I do...!)

Right, back to squirtle breeding, while it is determined if my Stellaris game is a "give up, restart" or "maybe can be salvaged..."
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-10-23 at 08:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #575

ElfRangerGuy

Unholy fracking crap, Elhann! I just noticed Caustic Mire is 6-IV! Wow... I mean WOW! Thanks, man! That's the first one I've ever had! (So now I can say my Goomy is, like, the top percentage of Goomys or something...)

I shudder to think how much breeding you must have done to get your shiny to have that on hand as a spare! Is your shiny a five or a six, after all that?
    Shiny breeding is madness. Don't do that if you value your sanity :D

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

(Either that or you have a lot more look that I do...!)

Right, back to squirtle breeding, while it is determined if my Stellaris game is a "give up, restart" or "maybe can be salvaged..."
    Speaking of breeding, if you haven't started breeding Snivy yet I have a Female 4-IV Timid Contrary Serperior you can have if you're interested. It would probably greatly cut down on the time needed to produce a decent Snivy.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Speaking of breeding, if you haven't started breeding Snivy yet I have a Female 4-IV Timid Contrary Serperior you can have if you're interested. It would probably greatly cut down on the time needed to produce a decent Snivy.
    It certainly would; I'll take you up on that generous offer!

(Also partly solves the dilemma of "what ability" since the answer can be "whichever one I happen to breed first!")

What's a good time to convene. It's a bit late today, but I'm aroud for a fair chunk of tomorrow (sans the evening, when I'm at wargames), but I'm otherwise pretty much around most days except Thursday.

What you want for it?

(Actually, while we're at it, I could use a trade evolve for my spritzee, I think it is. Niece has misplaced her 3DS, which is my usual option for this sort of thing.)

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

It certainly would; I'll take you up on that generous offer!

(Also partly solves the dilemma of "what ability" since the answer can be "whichever one I happen to breed first!")

What's a good time to convene. It's a bit late today, but I'm aroud for a fair chunk of tomorrow (sans the evening, when I'm at wargames), but I'm otherwise pretty much around most days except Thursday.

What you want for it?

(Actually, while we're at it, I could use a trade evolve for my spritzee, I think it is. Niece has misplaced her 3DS, which is my usual option for this sort of thing.)
    We might want to try in the neighborhood of 1-2 pm your time, my friend code is 1994-1565-4431, system name Alabenson. As for what I would like, a (preferrably female) HA Skrelp would be perfect.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Show

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

We might want to try in the neighborhood of 1-2 pm your time, my friend code is 1994-1565-4431, system name Alabenson. As for what I would like, a (preferrably female) HA Skrelp would be perfect.
    Righto. My friend code, if you haven't already located it, is in the OP.

Female 5-IV (all but speed) HA skrelp do you? (I've got a couple of sans-SpA as well, if that's any better.)

I'm floatin' around now, so just gives us a PM and I'm ready when you are.

Edit: Ta!

(Don't ask me where I got a 5-IV Spritzee from. Must have been a rare good wonder trade, instead of the usual zigzagoons I normally get...!)

Now I'mma going to go into Y and AS as well and get the birthday thing from them, until I'm roundly sick of the birthday Pokémon centre theme!

(I love that little feature!)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-10-24 at 07:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Righto. My friend code, if you haven't already located it, is in the OP.

Female 5-IV (all but speed) HA skrelp do you? (I've got a couple of sans-SpA as well, if that's any better.)

I'm floatin' around now, so just gives us a PM and I'm ready when you are.

Edit: Ta!

(Don't ask me where I got a 5-IV Spritzee from. Must have been a rare good wonder trade, instead of the usual zigzagoons I normally get...!)

Now I'mma going to go into Y and AS as well and get the birthday thing from them, until I'm roundly sick of the birthday Pokémon centre theme!

(I love that little feature!)
    Oddly enough, a majority of the pokemon I've IV bred are effectively descended from the same 6-IV zorua I got from Wonder Trading.

My Homebrew

Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Oddly enough, a majority of the pokemon I've IV bred are effectively descended from the same 6-IV zorua I got from Wonder Trading.
    Huh. Gotta love that inter-species compatibility...!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-10-24 at 08:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Bugbear in the Playground

I was able to pick up 2 spare Volcanion codes (US, if they're region locked). If anyone wants one let me know.
    ~ZA

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, I was given a 5IV HA Adamant Talonflame with most of the egg moves to help with my breeding projects by a kindly guy on Smogon. Since I wanted nickname control, I bred one of my own, and I ended up with two additional HA Fletchlings with 5 IVs (well, one actually has Perfect stats, but that's not terribly relevant since I don't think anyone runs Mixed Talonflames, and even if they did, Adamant is a lousy nature for such a set). In the spirit of paying it forward, shoot me a PM if you don't have one and are interested.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Well what fitting way to conclude one's birthday than with a good movie! From the prior movies, my hopes were high (I had some vague idea of what events might transpire, on account of an allosion in my favourite pokémon fanfiction, Ashes of the Past, and it sounded pretty good.)

Bleakbane Watches: Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so some idiot is picking a fight with God, that seems ridiculously stupid- oh, there we go; yeah, couldn't see that happening at all...

Two idiots pick a tag battle with Ash and Dawn, they are going to get such an ass-kicking.

Yep. Yep, they did. Nice!

Okay so... Wait.

Wait.

WAIT.

Is... is that... Is that... continuity?

Between movies?

I mean, having watched the first two out of order (the ONE TIME EVER it actually mattered) I'd retroactively picked up the call backs to Giratina being pissed at Palkia was tied to Rise of Darkrai but...

Is... Is this a triology?

An honest-to-Arceus TRILOGY?!

I... *sniff* I... *snivel* I... can't... *freakishly expels icy waterfalls from eyesockets*

DP movies are best movies!!!

So, Sheena can connect to the hearts proper-like...

But Ash just needs to shout at stuff and it's all good. And Giratina I like "oh, it's Ash, well, I'mma gonna stop right now, because that dude is frickin' my awesome mate!" (Like to see N do that. Actually, no, I'd like to see N see ASH do that.)

Okay, so exposition of what the frack has been happening and why this is a trilogy. Followed by how-in-the-hell-are-they-doing-that magic-water-slide-show of the legend. And yes, Arceus confirmed as fracking God.

And God is awake and angry. And, y'know, entirely not unreasonably, because Damos, asshat move, man. Stupid asshat move at that.

Also, God sounds a lot different to what I expected. Not the typical deep sort of voice you tend to hear as the voice of god or Zeus or Zordon or Entei or whatever, more... Nasaly is the wrong word, but higher, more... Actually kinda vicious-y sort of sounding. And y'know what? I like that.

Well on the other hand, Sheena seems to have well in hand (literally, in the case of the orb). Kudos for Arceus actually stopping to listen as well. (I hstre it when things don't communicate.) Huh, well, that all seems to be pretty much sorted, presumably this is the point the crazy legendary villains shows up and-

-oh. OHHH.

Well.

Crap.

And now God is fighting three other legendaries at once and wow, they are lucky the pixie plate isn't around yet. (I'd love to know how they explained that one in canon, if they ever did. Ashes of the Past explained it by having Ash break time... Again.)

Did Pikachu just fracking lightning bolt God?

Did Pikachu just fracking lightning bolt God and it worked?!

Did Piakchu just fracking lightning bolt God and it worked and do more damage than three legendaries combined?!?

I love this movie.

Aaaaaaand time travel.

Guys, maybe you should do something to stop Damos before he... Alrighty, then.

Further back.

(Wait, how are they speaking the same langauge?)

Don't look Bronzong in the eyes, you idiots -too late.

Pichu - spikey-eared pichu - oh please not let this be the ancestor of the Pichu twins.

Well, Pikachu and Piplup didn't take long to escape.

Hah! Those dimwits didn't take their pokéballs off them (and why would they)? Breaking out won't take long, will it now?

Wait, Damos is in the cell?

Wait, Damos is the good guy?

Unholy fracking crap
    , Arceus and the Jewel of Life, did you just skillfully and plausible plot twist?

I... With the hypnosis and foreshadowed and them realising instantly what was going on and Ash proving they were from the future with Monferno and...

This movie is pretty smart.

(And that comment in Ashes of the Past that when they went back in time, they probably coined the term Pokémon and were responsible for the whole pokéball imagery suddenly makes a frightening amount of sense. I think Ash just queitly broke time again.)

Exposition flashback of what actually happened, to show Damos ain't crappin' us. I might have complained about them basically telling the same story twice but... It was a well-done flashback. (Naruto take note. Yes, you DO need to take notes from a nominally children's show how to do flashbacks right. Yes, you should feek ashamed.)

Time to break out - well, okay, you could just use the key instead of the other, like thirteen magical creatures at your immediate disposal...

Oh... oh frack, Marcus is smart enough to quiz Sheena (who is a bit trusting, but oh well) and figure out that lightning and rocks aren't enough to kill God. (Um, duh?) I... am not liking the sound of "silver water..."

And it's time.

Whelp, that went about as well as expected. And here comes the "silver water." Mercury, maybe? Wait, no, it's solidifying. Okay, it's not molten, so... I dunno. I think the major thing to take away is that this is Bad.

And here comes Our Hero. Marcus, mate, you are going to get SUCH an Ash-kicking.

Damos and Sheen have the important job of Trying To Calm Everymon The Frack Down.

And there we go, Ash! Kick his arse hard!

No, wait, what? Ash, Dawn! This is not a Pokémon battle! Get the rest of them out! You literally out-number them by five to one!

Okay, fortunately, the Conveniantly Placed Gen II Starters (and frag-ton of Ratatta) are here to help save the day. (Eh, Pikachu and Piplup would'a taken 'em before long.)

And everymon is Calmed The Frack Down just in time, now they've just got to Calm God The Frack Down.

THERE we go, Ash; go on, kick 'im in the voonerables!

Or, okay, go all action-hero and grab the jewel of life, that works too.

Marcus, there is literally, like a dozen people and Pokémon watching you. You are not going to be able to sneak off, frackwit.

How much "silver water" did you fracking use, Marcus? Where was it all being kept?!

Um. Arceus, now would be a good time (literally, time is unravelling)... Damos, hurry it up. C'mon... C'mon...

Oh, thank frack.

MORE Silver water? Enough to make the place collapse? Marcus... how were you planning to not get killed with this plan?

Yeah, not really worried now that god is literally on hand.

Haha, it is heavily implied Marcus got killed in the temple collapse. Well, serves him right.

All's well that ends well! Back the present where everything should be...

... Well.

Bollocks.

Wait, no, if all else fails, we can resort to good, old fashioned, Ash Shouts At Stuff. "Connecting to the hearts of Pokémon" my arse, Ash can do that by yelling for people to Calm The Frack Down.

Because he's Ash Motherfracking Ketchum, and when he shouts for you to Clam The Frack down, you do it, even if you're frelling God.

(He's also learned to not jump in front of the attacks after that first time...)

And whoop, there goes the timeline, all fixed!

(And any chance of Team Rocket accidently saving the day goes as well, which is probably for the best...)

Job's a good'un.

And we finished with seeing the folks from the last two movies (just to underline all the continuity) and I choose to pretend the sulky guy in the background of Damos' bit is not Marcus, but his twin borther Sucram, because Marcus is totally dead. (Wouldn't be surprised if that was added in the US localisation...)

Okay, so today, Ash met God, travelled back in time to alter history and probably on Pokémon and pokéballs and saw four legendaries go at it hammer and tongs (and three of them out-done by Pikachu).

Seems legit.

So, yeah. That... that was fracking awesome. Individually, I'm not sure I'd qualify these as the best movies (Ash riding a charizard, fighting a legendary is hard to top), but as a trilogy - yeah, they can have that crown, not least because they WERE a trilogy.

More like this, please!

So yes. It can be safely said that DP generation is the best overall, because even the movies were a cut above the rest!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-10-25 at 05:23 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I liked Jewel of Life to. Its up there with Destiny Deoxys as far as good pokemon movies go. they're good for different reasons but they're both good.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, has anyone in PoGo noticed a change in spawns? I ask because this morning (and I first noticed something was different when Gyarados decided to abdicate her login screen supervision duties to Gengar), instead of the usual assortment of Pidgey, Weedle, and Rattata in my area, I saw Cubone, Marowak, Drowzee, and Hypno. Did they stealth-change spawns, or did my area get hit all at once with a bunch of rares? Is anyone else seeing new or unusual pop-ups?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Hey, has anyone in PoGo noticed a change in spawns? I ask because this morning (and I first noticed something was different when Gyarados decided to abdicate her login screen supervision duties to Gengar), instead of the usual assortment of Pidgey, Weedle, and Rattata in my area, I saw Cubone, Marowak, Drowzee, and Hypno. Did they stealth-change spawns, or did my area get hit all at once with a bunch of rares? Is anyone else seeing new or unusual pop-ups?
    It's an event. Spooky pokemon like those are much more common right now, and you get more candy from buddy pokemon and giving them to Willow. It'll last until the 1st.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2016-10-26 at 08:17 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Firbolg in the Playground

Is anybody else having graphical issues with PoGo since this week's update? Sprites aren't always loading in the Pokémon's status view (it just shows a glowing ball?) and occasionally aren't loading in the overworld either (it just shows the little circle under them).
    At least the text fixes were helpful this time, now the amount of stardust is updating properly after powering a Pokémon up.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I don't know about Cubone and Marowak, but yeah, they a few days ago they announced (not in-game, just on Twitter and stuff) a Halloween event running from 26 October to 1 November. Increased spawns of the Zubat and Drowzee lines (as if those weren't already super common in a lot of areas) and the Gastly line. Plus double candies for catches/transfers and quadruple candies for your buddy Pokémon.
    Jude P.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Is anybody else having graphical issues with PoGo since this week's update? Sprites aren't always loading in the Pokémon's status view (it just shows a glowing ball?) and occasionally aren't loading in the overworld either (it just shows the little circle under them).
    At least the text fixes were helpful this time, now the amount of stardust is updating properly after powering a Pokémon up.

I don't know about Cubone and Marowak, but yeah, they a few days ago they announced (not in-game, just on Twitter and stuff) a Halloween event running from 26 October to 1 November. Increased spawns of the Zubat and Drowzee lines (as if those weren't already super common in a lot of areas) and the Gastly line. Plus double candies for catches/transfers and quadruple candies for your buddy Pokémon.
    Cubone line, Meowth too. Small cprrection, buddy pokemon give out candy in a fourth the distance not four times the candy. In effect it's the same but you have a chance of getting multiple candies every time you go the distance.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #590

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Cubone line, Meowth too. Small cprrection, buddy pokemon give out candy in a fourth the distance not four times the candy. In effect it's the same but you have a chance of getting multiple candies every time you go the distance.
    Ah, okay. That explains all the Meowths. Must've missed that part of the announcement.
    Jude P.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: New datamining stuff
    Show

Well, we have the battle intros.

As expected, aether foundation have their own battle intros. They keep shaping up as the bigger bad guys. Some are really interesting like the kahunas and the ub. Some are really interesting but I am not sure what they are for like first rainbowy one.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Would it kill the Pokemon Go team to have in-game update notifications?

23. - Top - End - #593

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Would it kill the Pokemon Go team to have in-game update notifications?
    Niantic didn't exactly have a great rep for communicating with their userbase even back in Ingress, apparently.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

They've revealed it now. Still kind of late. Also explains the new loading screen artwork.

My second 10km egg hatched a Dratini with 32 candy! This actually means I was kind of unlucky and got the minimum 16 candy, it was just doubled.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    They've revealed it now. Still kind of late. Also explains the new loading screen artwork.

My second 10km egg hatched a Dratini with 32 candy! This actually means I was kind of unlucky and got the minimum 16 candy, it was just doubled.
    Unless I misread their announcement, egg-given candies aren't doubled, only those from catching and transferring.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #596

Unless I misread their announcement, egg-given candies aren't doubled, only those from catching and transferring.
    Who even knows, it's not like they ever explain anything well enough to believe their announcements are reliable.
    Jude P.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

I looked it up and found a Forbes article on it, no idea if they made exactly the same mistake because it won't give me the game's Halloween popup again.
    My Steam profile

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd have to assume that the egg candies are doubled as well since I just hatched a ponyta with 42 candies. Kinda have to assume there was some sort of bonus there.

My Homebrew

Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Titan in the Playground

I'd have to assume that the egg candies are doubled as well since I just hatched a ponyta with 42 candies. Kinda have to assume there was some sort of bonus there.
    I just hatched an Elektabuzz with 49, so no doubling. Unless it only counts for eggs obtained during the event. Then I have no idea.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

I just hatched an Elektabuzz with 49, so no doubling.
    Er... what? That's an odd number, but the maximum for a 10km egg is 32, there is no way that's a normal amount. They must have replaced the minimum and maximum numbers on the values.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2016-10-26 at 09:30 PM.
    My Steam profile