New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thread XXVII: Pokémon GO Recharge Your Phone!

Please do not abbreviate Sun and Moon as S&M. This leaves a rather weird association. In other new, Pokemon Generations shorts are awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeX5GzN03AU

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    I've seen em. It was fun to see Pikachu go from an adorable naive greenhorn that jumps around randomly to dodge a string shot and tries to thundershock earth types, to stone cold badassing a fight against Volcorona where they prop up a stone panel as a shield and then volt tackles a semi-legendary into submission.
    The pikachu was really cute.

I liked the magnemite in the second one using electrical resistance to melt a lock out of a door. That was pretty cool, I bet the magnemite was pleased with itself too.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone have a spare HA Exeggcute or Exeggutor?

EDIT: Preferably one holding a Starf berry?
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-09-17 at 06:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I could breed a Harvest Exeggcute (have a female in White), but I don't have the patience to grind out a Starf Berry.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    I could breed a Harvest Exeggcute (have a female in White), but I don't have the patience to grind out a Starf Berry.
    The berry part's less important, since I can get that on my own eventually. How does online trading work, and do you want anything in particular in exchange?
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    It was just an atrocious design choice, and I'd lay LONG odds it was a dub only thing - bear in mind this was the first movie post 4Kids.
    Those odds seem reasonable. Right after a studio renowned for their staggering ineptidute takes the helm quality drops precipitously. What a coincidence.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    The berry part's less important, since I can get that on my own eventually. How does online trading work, and do you want anything in particular in exchange?
    Online trading in Generation VI is really easy. First, both players need each others' Friend Codes and enter them on the 3DS (the orange smiley-face box icon is your Friend List). Then in-game, switch to the Player Search System on the bottom screen, tap your Friend's icon (if they're online and in a Gen VI Pokémon game), and initiate the trade.

My Friend Code is 4742-9573-4652.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Online trading in Generation VI is really easy. First, both players need each others' Friend Codes and enter them on the 3DS (the orange smiley-face box icon is your Friend List). Then in-game, switch to the Player Search System on the bottom screen, tap your Friend's icon (if they're online and in a Gen VI Pokémon game), and initiate the trade.

My Friend Code is 4742-9573-4652.
    Thanks!

Is a Mightyena with Quick Feet an acceptable trade? It knows Fire Fang.

EDIT: My code is 2423-3565 4649
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-09-17 at 08:26 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The Mightyena will be fine. I have the Exeggcute for whenever you're ready to trade.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

The Mightyena will be fine. I have the Exeggcute for whenever you're ready to trade.
    Thank you.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

What the actual copulating excrement is wrong with Brock's parents?!

'Cos I'm pretty sure Forrest isn't even old enough to technically have his own Pokémon, and CERTAINLY isn't old enough to be looking after eight younger siblings when the idiots decided to just swan off on holiday! I'm pretty sure negligence is a crime EVEN in POKÉMON!

What, precisely (aside from Team Rocket stealing all the Pokémon) would have happened if Brock hadn't actually shown up at that precise moment? It's not clear how long the two of them were gone, bt by FRAG.

Brock, mate, sometimes ou're too good for yout own good! Report the frackers, frack dammit!

Ye. Gods.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2016-09-18 at 12:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I might have agreed with you, right up to the point he was like "yes, I know what Manaphy wants to do, let's take it away from the mother it's bonded to, because it's not like IT should have any choice it what is does or anything."
    Okay, you're right. That plotline/scene was weird. Especially since he doesn't talk to May about it, but to Ash. He asks him to help sabotage their bond. If May hadn't overheard the conversation (or they hadn't noticed her) that movie would have gone to a pretty disturbing place.

Scheming antiheroes can be cool characters in their own right, but it came out of left field for a pretty straightforward action man and it was not the best way to accomplish his goal.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Does anybody else think there's probably a rarity chart hidden within the different egg distance groups? There's no way Lapras and Aerodactyl are the same rarity as Eevee. I've hatched mainly Eevee from 10km eggs, then a few Onix, and I think one each of Dratini, Kabuto, Omanyte, Jynx, Hitmonlee, and Hitmonchan.
    Not just probably.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2016-09-18 at 12:44 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Started a Nuzlocke in White. Prepping for the first gym. Almost considered going sans monkey, but that's probably suicide.

The current team, all level 10:

Packrat the Patrat
    Woofles the Lillipup
    Teh Pig the Tepig
    Broccoli the Pansage

Still nothing on the Mawile shiny front in X, so that's annoying.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

So, it turns out Clefairy won't be available to me for a long time, except via trade. Could someone help with that? I'm offering either a Swellow or my Latios (though I'd obviously prefer to give the Swellow.)

Preferably, it should have a minus-Attack nature.

Pipe-dreamishly, it should also have perfect IVs everywhere except Attack, which should be as low as possible.

EDIT: Also offering Castform.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-09-18 at 05:35 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

So, it turns out Clefairy won't be available to me for a long time, except via trade. Could someone help with that? I'm offering either a Swellow or my Latios (though I'd obviously prefer to give the Swellow.)

Preferably, it should have a minus-Attack nature.

Pipe-dreamishly, it should also have perfect IVs everywhere except Attack, which should be as low as possible.
    Quick question, do you have a swellow with Scrappy?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Quick question, do you have a swellow with Scrappy?
    No, it has Guts. Sorry.

EDIT: Literally the only Pokemon I have ever had with a Hidden Ability is the Exeggcute that Mando gave me.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2016-09-18 at 05:15 PM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Started a Nuzlocke in White. Prepping for the first gym. Almost considered going sans monkey, but that's probably suicide.

Packrat the Patrat
    Woofles the Lillipup
    Teh Pig the Tepig
    Broccoli the Pansage
    You go. But remember, it's always the second gym leader who is the first really dangerous one in the games. Be it Misty, Whitney (okay, she is third), Brawly, Grant or in your case Lenora. Her Pokes having Retaliate should prompt you to have a tanky pokemon by then.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

If we're doing trading, is anyone interested in Marill? I've managed to breed a second one with 31/31/31/x/31/31 stats, Adamant, Huge Power, and Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, and Body Slam, and I'd like to start building a team either for WiFi battles or the battle Maison. Shroomish and Fletchling (with HA) are the two pokemon I'm thinking of using alongside it at present, but I'd be open to other offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post

Packrat the Patrat
    Woofles the Lillipup
    Teh Pig the Tepig
    Broccoli the Pansage

Still nothing on the Mawile shiny front in X, so that's annoying.
    I'd been toying with doing a similar thing after I finish Alpha Sapphire, since I picked up a used copy of white. Does anyone have any tips for a first try at a Nuzlocke?
    Last edited by Squark; 2016-09-18 at 07:21 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Make sure you get a Fighting Pokémon (Pignite, Timburr, Throh) for Lenora, since that Watchog can be a pest. Pignite probably has the best shot, as Flame Charge against Herdier lets it outspeed the Watchog and avoid its Hypnosis by knocking it out with Arm Thrust first.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

On the trading front, I do have a pair of Jolly Rough Skin Gibbles with Outrage available as a result of breeding my Garchomp. One is a female with 31s in HP, Atk and Def, and the other is Male with 31s in Atk, Def, and Speed. If anyone is interested let me know.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I'd been toying with doing a similar thing after I finish Alpha Sapphire, since I picked up a used copy of white. Does anyone have any tips for a first try at a Nuzlocke?
    Agreed. Also the part around Lenoras gym can become tiresome and dangerous because of Roggenrola. You either have a special attack by then or someone tanky to take a few hits. Super effective attacks on rock types would be a smart choice.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Agreed. Also the part around Lenoras gym can become tiresome and dangerous because of Roggenrola. You either have a special attack by then or someone tanky to take a few hits. Super effective attacks on rock types would be a smart choice.
    Arm Thrust, again, is a decent move if your Pignite is high enough level over the Roggenrola, since multi-hit moves get around Sturdy.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Firbolg in the Playground

Man, jailbreak detection is a pain. Even if you don't actually have any tweaks for a given app installed you get locked out. And it's not like it's even worth the effort by the companies because people just write patches to get around it. But now it looks like something in the updated xCon or Poke Patch for PoGo is messing with tsprotector, which is the one I use to access Pokémon Shuffle (although Shuffle only blocks jailbroken devices from ranked multiplayer events). So now I basically have to uninstall the PoGo patches to try to get an Alakazite, then reinstall them to play PoGo, and cycle throughout the day.
    Last edited by noparlpf; 2016-09-19 at 06:16 AM.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

So, as I asked earlier: Does anyone have a spare Clefairy? I don't have any requirements beyond species, but I also don't have anything substantial to offer.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    If we're doing trading, is anyone interested in Marill? I've managed to breed a second one with 31/31/31/x/31/31 stats, Adamant, Huge Power, and Belly Drum, Aqua Jet, and Body Slam, and I'd like to start building a team either for WiFi battles or the battle Maison. Shroomish and Fletchling (with HA) are the two pokemon I'm thinking of using alongside it at present, but I'd be open to other offers.

Speedy, fragile pokemon will eventually die.
    Critical hits will be your nemesis.
    Consider how your death rules will work in Double Battles- do they still apply, because rules; or do they not apply, because double battles are cheap and lethal and you've usually got a friendly NPC healing your pokemon up after every single battle, so them dying really doesn't make sense.
    Flash+Thunderwave Audino is a monster... until you start running into Pawniard.

Be really, really careful with pokemon that are 4X weak to something. Newer pokemon especially often have decent coverage moves in their standard learnset, and so will not only be found in gym battles, but trainer battles and wild encounters as well.

About mid-game, you'll finally catch something really cool that you want to replace one of your core team members that has been around since nearly the beginning. You'll start training it up on local pokemon roughly appropriate for its level. It will be way weaker than you expected and probably die horribly to something your other team members handle nicely. Why? 1) Next to no EVs. 2) There were no evolved pokemon in the first few routes, and now there are. "Trash" pokemon like Raticate and whatnot evolve ten levels or more ahead of their eventually-more-powerful higher tiered bretheren and levels 20-40 or so are their time to shine. And prey on your newly caught temamates. (Also watch out for pokemon that don't evolve, they're just as bad.)
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

So, as I asked earlier: Does anyone have a spare Clefairy? I don't have any requirements beyond species, but I also don't have anything substantial to offer.
    I don't have any pokébred clefairys but I can catch you a HA female from my friend safari in X/Y. Don't need anything special in return...
    Last edited by Kuroten; 2016-09-19 at 04:57 PM.
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroten View Post
    I don't have any pokébred clefairys but I can catch you a HA female from my friend safari in X/Y. Don't need anything special in return...
    Thank you for the offer, but I kind of... sort of... got one from reddit.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

Thank you for the offer, but I kind of... sort of... got one from reddit.
    No problem :)
    “A world where you can surrender yourself to sleep on a giant ball of fur is a world where you wouldn’t be able to get any work done. A perfect world.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Info
    Show

FC: 2809 8617 8608
    IGN: Raijin [X] & Akemi [Y] & Gardenia [ΩR]
    Safari: Water|Safari 'Mons: Panpour, Floatzel, Frogadier
    Trades - Go here for viewing a list of the pokemon I have available for trade.

Avatar featuring my poké-trainer, Raijin, drawn by Sajiri. ^_^

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

By the time I get to Lenora, I'll be hoping the coinflip between Woobat and Roggenrola at Wellspring Cave gives me the rock. Currently have the crew to level 11. Once they're 12 we'll be going through the Striaton Gym.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Relevant comic
    Show