New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Remove Rage from Damage Taken
    Remove it and then smack the guy who though it was a good idea to bring back. This mechanic was around before and nobody liked it THEN. I do not know why Death Knight and Warrior tank Class fantasy involved "Lets go back to ideas we threw out before because they didn't work"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    No I mean SP. I have been lead (possibly erroneously) that when priest shows up in the DPS slot people are less than happy.
    Shadow Priest need Haste and quite a few points in their weapon to start and do more DPS than a bored (non disc) healer. And you need to play well too compete with good DPS, and you will never be as broken in AoE fights or burs as Fire Mages (burst), Windwalker Monks or Demon Hunters.

Shadow Priests are very good in raids and excel at fights with two surviving targets. They are crap in dungeons and AoEing trash though.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So Exorsus, a russian EU guild, has just cleared 7/7 Mythic EN, in less than 24 hours.
    I think they really need to overtune the next level of Mythic.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that there's multiple sources of "endgame" gear. You can get good stuff through dungeons, crafting, world quests, world bosses, and even random drops if you're lucky. It doesn't compare to Heroic/Mythic Raids or Mythic+ Dungeons, but, that means you can get that "foot in the door" gear really easily and make actual progression easy for coordinated raids. But if they want Nighthold to be a challenge, they better create some sort of gap so people don't walk all over it in one go.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Do Honor Talents affect PVE? A few are explicitly stated to be PVP-related but others do not.

Also I really like Legion's take on the bodyguard system, I might have mentioned that before. Lore wise it's a bit odd that they're not constantly with you, but gameplay wise it works perfectly. I still remember that Ogre from Draenor, who I suspect caused the Bodyguard shrinking device to be put into the game. Thorim is even bigger than that guy, so having him as a temporary summon makes it a non-issue. They also level up while serving as your bodyguard! That was another issue I had with the Draenor version, where each bodyguard was basically in stasis while following you around.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Do Honor Talents affect PVE? A few are explicitly stated to be PVP-related but others do not.

Also I really like Legion's take on the bodyguard system, I might have mentioned that before. Lore wise it's a bit odd that they're not constantly with you, but gameplay wise it works perfectly. I still remember that Ogre from Draenor, who I suspect caused the Bodyguard shrinking device to be put into the game. Thorim is even bigger than that guy, so having him as a temporary summon makes it a non-issue. They also level up while serving as your bodyguard! That was another issue I had with the Draenor version, where each bodyguard was basically in stasis while following you around.
    I don't like it so much... maybe it's bad RNG, but of my Priest alt's two starting followers, the Bodyguard one has also been the only one whose boss counters have come up. For several days now.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

7. - Top - End - #217

IIRC they don't trigger at all unless you're in a PvP situation.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    I don't like it so much... maybe it's bad RNG, but of my Priest alt's two starting followers, the Bodyguard one has also been the only one whose boss counters have come up. For several days now.
    Oh yeah, I had that issue too. But after unlocking the full roster of champions I'm free to arrange my roster to cover all the skills (Warrior has 3 possible bodyguards out of 8 champions, don't know about others). I used the starter bodyguard for a while, but needed her to do missions, so sent her back and didn't use a bodyguard again until earlier today. What's that, a month since legion launched?
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

PvP talents are PvP only. It's very noticeable for me, as two of mine are "+6% haste" and "33% faster global cooldown" on my main rotation, so as soon as I leave the Warden tower my spells feel like molasses (that, and the activatable talents grey out...)

Regarding bodyguard xp, up until 9 days ago they got 150 xp for *any* quest completed, including world quests. Then they got randomly hotfixed/bugged into only receiving xp from non-world quests. So unless you still have a big chunk of Surumar storyline to do, you'll have to send your bodyguard back to Facebook at some point, since they no longer learn anything from killing world bosses or capturing squirrels.
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That's gotta be a bug. I thought they got 30XP per world quest, and only from World quests.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That's interesting. I didn't really keep track, but Thorim did ding 110 while I was on the naga/vrykul Suramar quest. And not during the bunch of world quests I did prior to that.

Hmm. So if you go into a world pvp quest, your Honor Talents activate? Or do you have to be actually fighting another player. If I can get buffed while on those quests I'll take it.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That's interesting. I didn't really keep track, but Thorim did ding 110 while I was on the naga/vrykul Suramar quest. And not during the bunch of world quests I did prior to that.

Hmm. So if you go into a world pvp quest, your Honor Talents activate? Or do you have to be actually fighting another player. If I can get buffed while on those quests I'll take it.
    Based on my limited experience, they only work for instanced PVP.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

PvP talents are PvP only. It's very noticeable for me, as two of mine are "+6% haste" and "33% faster global cooldown" on my main rotation, so as soon as I leave the Warden tower my spells feel like molasses (that, and the activatable talents grey out...)
    Well that is just intended as to make haste better.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Suramar City is really becoming a big hassle. The detectors are so tightly packed that evading them is impossible. I mean it works if you're passing through and plan to escape into the water or just out of the city but if there's actually something you need to to do there, aggroing 20+ demons and guards isn't going to make that possible. Do they expect us to assemble a dungeon group or something, just fight through?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

I found it a lot easier to just use a glider and para trooper to the spot in Suromar.

But I 100% agree they need to cull some of the detectors, or give them a longer cast time. They're becoming a meme ffs.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The first few missions around the outskirts and the Waning Crescent are fine. But when you get to the quests nearer the center and the east side the density spikes like mad.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Suramar City is really becoming a big hassle. The detectors are so tightly packed that evading them is impossible. I mean it works if you're passing through and plan to escape into the water or just out of the city but if there's actually something you need to to do there, aggroing 20+ demons and guards isn't going to make that possible. Do they expect us to assemble a dungeon group or something, just fight through?
    I think they do. Once I did the questline in the high density area, every day for that same area I've gotten a world quest with the "you really should get some people together for this" elite portrait used for the Wardens Kill quests I can't solo and dungeons.

Also, evading the detectors is usually possible, but you have to be patient, or you can usually find a vulnerable one you can fight in a corner without pulling half the city.

The architecture in that part of the city also includes a lot of terraces and ramps that have guards at the top but not necessarily at the bottom. In several cases, I've discovered that the way to get to your next objective is to run halfway up one ramp, onto a decorative terrace, and then over to a ramp on the other side of the square that has detectors at the bottom of the ramp but not the top (or has one detector at the top).

Also, you can just wait for some less careful person to accidentally pull ten mobs and then pull half the city trying to leash those ten mobs. You still need to stay away from detectors though, even when they're leashing- sometimes they'll stop mid-leash and try to pop your disguise. If you're doing a daily quest in that area, it doesn't seem to take very long until you run across such a person.

Probably the most concerning mobs are the Shivarras, since their detect is instant or almost instant-cast. Most of the others you've still got a second or so to dance around the edge of their detection area before they get a cast off.

Also, the detection area for most of the elites is somewhat smaller than the regular detectors in other parts of the city, IIRC.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-09-30 at 12:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Funny story. As it turns out, to my great surprise, I managed to do the "rumor spreading" quest without dying or even fighting a detector.

Goblin gliding (cheers, Antonok) from the vineyard, since the city drops pretty steeply from there, allowed me to get to all three targets (two trips). I brushed a detector or two but scampered before they broke the disguise. Maybe that was the trick all along. If I had tried to complete the entire quest line on foot I don't think it would have been possible.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

I think between Feign Death and Camouflage on my hunter I'll be fine with that quest.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I think between Feign Death and Camouflage on my hunter I'll be fine with that quest.
    Feign maybe, but Camouflage won't help you at all with the detectors IIRC. It'll just slow you down and make it easier for patrols to catch up with you.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I wish that the Blood DK Artifact Skins weren't all axes. Except for the straighter axe with the big skull, I really don't care about any of the Blood DK Skins. Even the one I do mildly like I don't care about.

Honestly I wish I could swap with the skin of one of the Arms skins instead of what we're offered. I'm going to go Death DK to get the two handed fantasy going, but I LOVE the self healing off of blood DK's.

Ah well. What do.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

22. - Top - End - #232

Can you transmog one artifact to look like another? Apocalypse (the Unholy artifact) has some red-tinged skins that would look nice on a Blood DK.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Nope, you can't transmog an artifact to look like another artifact, even if said artifact would be available to your class.

If you could, like, what would Feral Druids look like with the Scythe of Elune? Would they just be holding it in their mouth as they clawed things to death?

BUUUUUUUUUUUT you can transmog artifacts to look like something else! Say, the Apocalypse two handed greatsword non-artifact weapon that drops in.... Nax I think? It's my favorite greatsword. I can transmog my artifact to a greatsword.

I would be extremely content with this, and my dreams of a Blood DK are not shattered, although Death DK has piqued my interest. I mean, minions man.

Edit: a question I forgot to ask: how do you raise your reputation with the Court of Farondis? I ask because I want to buy the secret skin for my Hunter Marksman Artifact, and I don't know how to raise rep quickly, or at all, aside from doing quests for them (which I already completed), or having a special tabard which redirects my stuff to rep with a particular group, which I don't think the Court has.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2016-10-01 at 04:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Edit: a question I forgot to ask: how do you raise your reputation with the Court of Farondis? I ask because I want to buy the secret skin for my Hunter Marksman Artifact, and I don't know how to raise rep quickly, or at all, aside from doing quests for them (which I already completed), or having a special tabard which redirects my stuff to rep with a particular group, which I don't think the Court has.
    Do the Emmisary quests for them when they pop up, and do Kirin Tor Emmisary and choose them as your rep token reward.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Colossus in the Playground

Only one axe artifact, weird.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Only one axe artifact, weird.
    One axe, a ton of swords. Tis a bit lopsided. But well..90% of them are lazy checklist crap anyways.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Do the Emmisary quests for them when they pop up, and do Kirin Tor Emmisary and choose them as your rep token reward.
    Also, Order Hall missions will occasionally give +250 rep as a reward (with a second one as a bonus), and Mythic Dungeons give some rep on boss kills.

Also check the calendar for World Quest Bonus Event and Legion Dungeon Bonus Event; if it's like Draenor, those will likely have reputation bonuses.
    Campaign Log (updated May 12, 2016)! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...d-other-tales)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

is it just me or did they nerf ancientmana farming in the vineyard to the ground..and move it to the midnight court with 80 elite gotcha guards per square inch?

was there yesterday for a while, SOLO!, and got just 3 spawns in 15 minutes
    i could snag more than that in 3 minutes with 3 other people running around last week....
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

29. - Top - End - #239
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Ancient mana nodes behave like mobs, I think - their respawn rate is determined by how quickly they get collected, which is an indicator of how many people are in the area. With more people farming the vineyard, the items will repopulate quicker.

30. - Top - End - #240

If you could, like, what would Feral Druids look like with the Scythe of Elune? Would they just be holding it in their mouth as they clawed things to death?
    Well, I meant "like type to like." So you couldn't make a TWF or sword-and-board artifact look like a 2H weapon for instance. Feral and Guardian both dual-wield their artifacts, so neither of them would end up with the Scythe.

(Also, artifacts aren't visible in bear or cat anyway.)

BUUUUUUUUUUUT you can transmog artifacts to look like something else! Say, the Apocalypse two handed greatsword non-artifact weapon that drops in.... Nax I think? It's my favorite greatsword. I can transmog my artifact to a greatsword.
    Yeah I knew about this, but it would still have been nice if you could use the artifact designs too.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy