New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Mariners of the Red Tornado

Gwen

Gwen will travel with the group to meet the king. She makes sure that she and Jondalar walk behind Allie and the native warriors. She will give the reason of Allie being the captain, and Chigani being of Antara.

Once near the court, Gwen will try her upmost to *not* notice any looks given to Jondalar. She is well aware of his more attractive qualities, and while she meditates to lessen its effect, she has a secret jealous streak as keen as her sword.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Default Ramose: "Asita"

RA's chosen one:
    With Ramose walking the deck like a warrior-god, a true full-fledged priest, he will silence many Antarians. Priests are highly regarded in the Empire and Antaria.

Other white-robed men in the masses will reveal themselves from beyond the wall of soldiers to Ramose as he is seen on the landing dock. Showing that Ra is present in Antaria.

No-one is allowed near any of you as you approach the High King. It is so exciting now, that many people are screaming out for Ramose to bless their babies, and even calling him Ra.

Chigani chuckles, as he looks at the tanned Imperial man walking along with the group."I will call Ra's chosen one, Asita"

Chigani and Allie will lead the entourage down the long line of golden-armored men. This area of the dock has been converted to a great walkway, and leads directly to the High King's mini-pyramid on the barge-buildings.

Many thronged to get a close glimpse at the Eastern Ship and pushed hard at the long line of gilded men guarding your path.

Even Allie is impressed, and even slightly timid as she steps alongside Chigani, who seems to be soaking up all the attention proudly. Chigani proudly pats his fellows alongside, even letting Iyapo lead the way directly before him. He is taller than the young man. The giant man Rikaan is in the back of the entourage, guarding the rear, which is one reason he has been brought. It is an honor to guard a chief's back.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo had been trying to not stand out but Chigani had noticed it and put him in front. He was uncertain at first infront of the group but then decided it was his duty to keep an eye out for Chigani, it was his job. He walked calmly but inside he faced an inner battle.

Was he being accepted or on display, he couldn't tell. He had only once been accepted, that was of his own village but that soon went to extremes, a result he didn't feel comfortable with.

He strode confident infront of Chigani, the itch on his arms and back seem to be gone, must be from the the new robes given by Chigani for this occasion. His milky white eyes like those of a great white's when it attack surface prey, watch the crowd, ever vigilant.
    Current avatar made by Kpenguin , more cool avatars in my spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

Rikaan

Rikaan will walk behind Chigani with an air of importance, his demeanor changed to one of speed and versatility in order to reach any threat that may come to Chigani as quickly as possible. He remains silent with a grim face seemingly full of determination. He will move not unlike the jackal god he worship -lithe and deadly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching Stance from Flame's Blessing to Step of the Wind

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

They are not your enemies. They are not your enemies...

Xu took the rear of the group, even behind Rikkan if she can. On the outside she was the picture of calm, but inside she wanted to run away. Perhaps it was the large number of people, but she was pretty sure that it was because they were all human. At least the crowd's attention seemed to be on Ramose. If it were focused on her, she wouldn't have been able to take it.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Default King Zrkra III

The entourage's march up to the small golden pyramid is filled with regalia and pomp that would rival any Imperial King. When you reach the mini pyramid, the old dreadlocked warrior will step slowly down the golden stair down from his golden open mouthed lion throne seat. The King's wives or female attendants are at his side as he comes down, a few even keeping his long white dreads in a line behind him.

A smoking hookah rests next to his throne seat, an older Queen with pale white skin, is cleaning the bowl out, and replacing green herbs within it.

He smiles kindly in a deep voice, low from many years of smoking."Welcome heros. King Chigani, I am honored to be in your presence once again. I see you brought the chosen ones." He looks carefully at you all, his eyes jump out at Ramose, but he maintains his cool. "Ra has brought his Eastern servant." He looks to the rest of you, "I hope you are not in a hurry. I threw a party for you. And will have another if it is true that you seek to enter the Temple of Death. There was lost a great artifact of a friend of mine, from your eastern empire. MY empire locked that place up long ago. Has Chigani warned you not to mess with the seals... I did when I was young and brave... that was stupid... Luckily the main seals are unharmed, otherwise Cthulhu would use the place as his own temple. I am King Zrkra the third. Ranger of the Forest and slayer of many undead. And friend of the Northern Kingdom." He looks carefully for anyone from this land.

{OOC- I do not believe there are any PCs here from there, but Xu and Ramose have been there. Though Farlgort's place of birth has been mysterious... we can work on that... }

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jondalar

Retro Refit !!

Jondalar will watch the crowd slightly as they approach. He will wait until he's before the King to summon Ayla and she will desend from the sun's glare to alight on the sorceror's arm. "Your Majesty, a pleasure to meet you. We have come from the upper planes to meet with you and recieve your wisdom on defeating this great menace." Jondalar will bow and smile to the King.

8. - Top - End - #68

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Baka is cautious and observant as he is not well versed in the politics of greater men. He watches Jondalar display Ayla and smiles at the beauty of this animal. He also waits for Chigani and Allie to respond to the King in their own manner. But being a man of more simple methods, he will approach the King if the span of waiting seems long.

Conditional Response:
    Baka approaches the King confidently and bows to a knee in front of him. "I am Baka, a ranger of the jungles of Tawonga, and an enemy to the undead. I know of the Temple of Death and have heard of it since my childhood when our elders would use stories from this place to chastise us in our haste. We here before you, have all joined in an effort to preserve the creation of Ra and Osiris. And we have come to seek your wisdom and blessing in how this evil can be rid from the land by seeking out the Temple."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Default Allie meets Zrkra

Allie is speechless as she approaches the old ranger, smoke still trailing out his nose.

Chigani speaks in another language, which is translated to you immediately by a pretty dark skinned princess on a lower pyramid step. "I am honored to serve my King, and this cause. I had to turn many away. Not one day passed, and all the good men of Antaria seemed to have appeared. I have you to thank for more than a few."

Zrkra only grins through his dreaded white beard as he scans the others. He is impressed by Ayla's entrance, admiring her descent. He looks impressively at the Aasimar, Jondalar, to the white-haired teen, Iyapo, then to Chigani, and finally at all three. He speaks in Imperial common again, "You come with good omens. I have heard of those from the heavens, and have seen them before. I am honored to meet you. The gods you serve will be welcomed here. I can see all of you are of our cause."

Zrkra looks Baka up and down, he nods in fierce admiration, "Ah... the son of Jengali. You are not one of mine, I sent... but your name has come to my ear. If I weren't a hindrance in dungeons now I'd go.... but...ahhh, yes. I see good things coming to you Baka. After this journey. Not before mind you. Not before." He sighes heavily, mostly depressed he can't go. "All of you will be guest of mine for dinner. Unless you are in a hurry. Even your sailors are welcome to a feast. I have been told under a dozen survived since you left port with your map in Port Carmen."

Allie finally answers as if she is embaressed about the losses, "Not exactly true, sir." This is all she says for a moment, as it looks like she gasped all her breath out at once. "I... I believe, a few got off. I put us around 16, counting myself. The merman's still alive. Anyway, an honor! My mom had lots of good things to say about you..." She looks at him with a little more of her old time confidence, and a cocked eye of mischievousness.

This nearly throws the old man off, "Your mother?"

"Lady Alandra..."

"Ah, yes! Lady Alandra. I asked her to be my 8th wife, but she wanted something else..."

The High King Zrkra relaxes and the other men with Chigani begin a train of introductions, some listing long lines of family heritage. Luckily only a few came from the red Tornado, and the ones who knew the King already, merely greeted him with honor and bows.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-08 at 04:56 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70

PirateCaptain

Farlgort

farlgort has remained silent and stoicaly reserved, even more than hioline and xu if it were at all possible, merely leaning on his staff. but as the introductions are complete he puts on his most charming smile.

" i am curious your majesty, is it necessary to break the seals to enter this temple?"
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Wrick may not be well versed in the politics, but he probably doesn't accept the idea of "greater men." His bow is more of a nod, but it probably doesn't seem as such, since he starts so low to the ground to begin with.

"Wrick Sunderfoot, halfling from across the planes. A pleasure."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Iyapo looks at the king and everything around him, he couldn't believe he would see this place. Listening to long introductions of family history, he thought that the thing his family has done is fishing. When Iyapo got the courage to introduce himself, he simply said:

"Iyapo, fisherman. It's an honour to be here"
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

At the rear, Xu had plenty of time to wait while the Antarians introduced themselves. She concidered the names she could go by, and whether she actually wanted to bow before this king. From the brief period in his presence she gathered the impression that he was decent, as kings went, and it had become a habit to greet with a bow despite it being a custom she detested. Her capricious nature left her flip-flopping on the decision.

Xu's eyes scanned the group before her. She wondered if she had even been noticed. The tallest, Rikkan, was more than a foot and a half taller than she, and most of the others at least a head above her. She pondered attempting to hide in their shadows. The thought was cut short by Falgort's question. Instead of an introduction, he had gone straight to the purpose. Perhaps she wouldn't have to introduce herself at all. The corner of her mouth twitched upward for a moment at the thought of anonimity, but her eyes turned to Zrkra awaiting an answer.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Default Zrkra greets others

Zrkra speaks to Farlgort, "Unfortunately, my old Eastern Master broke the seals to get in. That was to keep people out. He didn't remove the seals to prevent the evil from leaving though. You will be able to get in my friend, but getting out will be a gravely dangerous task."

Zrkra chuckles at the halfling, "I was wondering where you people were going to around here. I thought you all died off here. No offense, we got evil wizards running about on this plane."

When Zrkra meets Iyapo he pauses to look at the white haired teen, "It is an honor. I thought the pale-haired-youth would be a Northerner. I am proud that it is one of my people."
    {OOOC- Italics will be Antarian-common, only the Antarian PCs speak both common tongues. Each common tongue has variants, and Antarian and Imperial common languages are completely different.}

The high King's eyes rest upon the almost hidden Xu, and smirks. "I can see into what you are. Do not worry, you are safe in my lands. An elven city lays hidden in this jungle. Someday you should visit it. I hear there are few left in our world." He seems very kind when talking to Xu.

15. - Top - End - #75

PirateCaptain

farlgort

farlgort turns pale.
    "do you have gaurds at the entrance to keep preists of the deep master from entering and turning it into a temple, these dark priests would be able to enter and leave as they wish otherwise?"
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wrick

Exchanging one chuckle for another, Wrick replies, "None taken. Rest assured, I, don't mean to let death have the last word."

17. - Top - End - #77

PirateGuy

Jondalar

"My thanks King, I will pass along your kind words when I see Elhonna next."

Jondalar will bow and smile. Although he will purse his lips as Falgort speaks.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Default Zrkra honors Ehlonna

Zrkra smiles at Farlgort, "My friend, we do not need guards. The jungle has those who watch it. They have for thousands of years. Be watchful, and mindful of the forest spirits. They can be useful for great protection if you are of true enough heart."

To Wrick:
    "I know a small community of halflings. They live in sewers to the North. They ride grand golden retrievers. Very brave, they could use one with magic on their side. My seers have informed me that you have great potential young Master Sunderfoot."

To Jondalar:
    "Ehlonna is a beautiful goddess. You may see the sign of the unicorn, there you may find shelter of her followers. I am sure they will approve of you."
    He will be very polite to Jondalar and Gwen, visibly respectful. As much so as Ramose and the white-haired Iyapo. Chigani and Allie are almost secondary as Zrkra freely talks to all. The on-lookers close enough to peer through the golden wall of soldiers with rapt silence now, as famous words are exchanged.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-09 at 12:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

Listening to some of the exchanges about the Temple of Death, Baka begins to grow concerned for these new friends. There are strong magics at work here. What else must we know about them to succeed, or merely survive? "King Zrkra, you have either entered the Temple of Death yourself or know those who have survived this task before. The seals are broken allowing us to enter, but when the time comes for us to leave, can we leave by the same means or is there another exit that we must use? And do you know where the artifact may lie within the Temple?"
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-08-09 at 12:53 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

Rikaan

Me think that half the guards here could not stop someone from killing big king, then where would city be? "Forgotten, ground to dust and never spoken again" So little one is not a children. He laugh at Rikaan all the same, Rikaan laugh at him when he do something silly, that show him.

21. - Top - End - #81

Ramose

Retrofit...

Ramose had been the center of attention of large crowds before, but not one nearly as huge as the mass of people screaming for him to bless their babies as the party approaches the High King. Thoughts of being stampeded if the guards were to fail to keep the crowd at bay crosses the young priest's mind, but he continues to smile and graciously receive the attention, stopping for a moment to give special acknowledgement to the white-robed men before moving on. After a few minutes, he begins walking closer to Jondalar, wondering if the aasimar's striking appearance will take at least a bit of attention away from himself. Then he says quietly, and in jest, "Say, Jondalar, I may need a shot of Bull's Strength myself, if just to keep from being carried off if too many people get past the guards..."

{OOC: I will add more to get caught up in a few hours...I hope.}
    Last edited by Toxic Avenger; 2007-08-09 at 11:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

PirateGuy

Jondalar

Jondalar will fold his hands together and then extend on hand onto Ramose shoulder and the cleric can feel strength flow in him. "If you say so, Ramose then so shall it be."Jondalar will chuckle slightly and move with Gwen and Ramose fully aware that he has almost all of the divine might of the ship moving with him.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Xu

Xu didn't appreciate Zrkra's comment, or even the tone. Her lips remained tightly sealed, though her expression remained passive, and she simply looked on as the conversations continued.

I didn't ask for your simpathy and neither did my people. You should keep your mouth shut where it is not wanted.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

24. - Top - End - #84

Ramose

{More retrofitting...}

Well, he took me seriously... That's alright, I was being half serious, so...

"Many thanks, Jondalar." Ramose continues to move along next to Gwen and Jondalar. And indeed, once the white-robed priest takes his beloved Serasita's hand once again, the aasimar does have almost all of the divine might of the ship moving with him.

Ramose's eyes register when the High King mentions the Northern Kingdom. It had seemed to be so long since leaving his new home there. When it comes time to make his own introduction, the young priest says, "Greetings, King Zrkra. I am Ramose, servant of RA, son of Barakashai and Tahirasiti. Formerly from Rohne in the Duchy of Movan, we've recently moved to the Northern Kingdom, in a small town by the name of Vlather."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Iyapo

Planes and forreign lands. Iyapo is totally an outsider of this, so much new for the little boy. Atleast these strangers are strange or stranger than him here. Which maybe brings him long sought peace, but he will still remain the strange boy.

The kings mentioning of him maybe being a northerner gave him some hope that he isn't alone. And the fact that king was honoured by iyapo's presence really made his head spin. So much new things and the newfound respect. Hope it doesn't grow to that in his village.
    Spoiler
    Show

Federico made by Abardam

GMT +2

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Gwen

Retro'ed a bit.

As they walked through the crowd, Gwen, strode with her helm under her arm and her holy symbol gleaming on her breastplate. She smiled at the attention that Ramose was receiving. She will take an opportunity to quietly, but playfully jib at him saying, "Ramose, if I didn't know better, I say this was a welcome home party for you!"

Gwen will smile at the king as she makes her introductions where appropriate.

"Greetings, Your Majesty. I am Gwen, Priestess of Elhonna, most recently from the upper planes. The Lady wishes to strengthen this cause and is most interested in seeing the influence of the twisted squid be overcome and the purity and grace of the natural balance restored. It is my joy to assist in this matter, tempered only with sorrow for those lost to this cause."

After the official words, she will listen and watch and learn. She is quiet, but not reserved.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Default Zrkra's Parade through the Captial

Zrkra answers Baka first, "With the outer seals destroyed, you may enter and leave at any time. It is the evil inside that is kept in check by the seals. And as I've hinted at, the forest looks out for its own. The temple is guarded by forces of good, who prevent evil from trying to enter and tamper with the seals. Don't worry about the fairy folk, they are with us on this."

As Ramose looks about he will notice that Jondalar IS drawing a lot of attention, however with so many guards here attention is on Chigani, Allie, Iyapo, and the other priests {who display their clerical holy symbol openly} as well. 5 thousand soldiers you can see.

Amid all this your group will be in the center of it all. A circle of gold armor shining brightly in the setting sunlight. It will illuminate you all. And you can easily move amongst your group to speak to any of the others.

Old Zrkra misses the look Xu briefly gives him, and naively pats her on the shoulder. An attempt to cheer her up. He also mutters something about owning maps to the elven cities. Though he said this only loud enough for those of you closest to him... and of course Xu and others with excellent hearing can sort of comprehend.

As Ramose takes Serasita's hand, her hood was still up. This was tradition for elven ladies not in their homeland, mostly for safety purposes. She gives Ramose's hand a squeeze and encourages him as he steps to High King Zrkra.
    "Ah Movan! I have great many friends from Movan. The Barakashai family name I know. It must be your great-grandfather I met. A great man, and an amazing temple builder. He designed a shrine of RA in my palace. You should visit it sometime. I knew your father when he was a boy. I hear he is much more promising than your kind grandfather. Though your father has only been doing it for 40 years. Usually at 50, is when the good stuff starts to happen. Great art. It runs in your family. I am not surprised one such as you, eventually used his talents for the ultimate good. The Northern Nations would be much safer for your family than the Empire. There is a lot of bad blood going around right now. Your priesthood is revered here. The palace temple is open to all religious leaders aboard your ship Captain Allie."

When all are ready, and even Chigani cannot deny this, Zrkra will have his mini-pyramid paraded through the city and off the barge market. The pyramid is drawn by two giant bulls which you all now see behind it. The column of golden armored men opens to form a path through the docks and into the forest and gardened city.

It's stone buildings are made of coral and reef, and of such color that one can only be amazed. Reds, blues, greens. Some straight, cut, solid blocks, other formations hard billowing flowers. Strange animals can be seen all about including odd leopards with black and white fur, bright blue iguanas, and even a purple gorilla. They are mostly pets, but so are many wild and tame birds too. Colorful feathers seem to adorn everything. Several of Zrkra's brides wear only feather plumes.

Farlgort will see a feather shop, and can see a wide variety of bird feathers here. You will see all sorts of odd shops. Each to his own, in a carefully ordered guild system, Antaria is arranged so one doesn't 'step on the toes of others'.

Through this forested city several tall stone buildings are seen including several great temples, and a few libraries. The large building you all now approached was rounded simply in a metal fence, about a meter high. It was flowered with many roses and sharp pointy thorns, but nothing in the way of great buttressed walls.

The Palace beyond as well as it surrounding forest was sheer magic. The building had a few spires that were crystal as the elves, and so spindly that they seem impossible. It rose high into the air, but even above, because of the walled gardens of Zrka, the whole of it appeared to be a mountain jungle, complete with wildlife and waterfalls!
    A great lake blocked the entrance and a small, golden dock area acted as passage to the hanging-gardened palace. Several fine golden ships glittered in the sun, which quickly set as the palace neared. The finest details of the palace will have to wait until morning, for in the dim light of the evening the beauty was hard to appreciate. Mist passes over you cooling you all, as you near a waterfall by the gate's entrance.

It was not hot, but was a steady warm, even now. Antaria is just very warm all the time, with some monsoon type weather in the north of it, and coastal showers to the south.

The bulls will stop at the lake, and the pyramid will actually transform to a boat. The rest of you will be expected to take a small sailing boat, manned by his golden garbed soldiers. He will talk as he sails alongside you across the lake to his gardened palace. "It is my place to think. Away from the noises... though I must say, its been a long time since I could drum up this many Antarians in my fine city. You are all welcome here. Take as long as you like. Where you go from here is very dark and dangerous. There is a reason I don't allow my people to go... under normal circumstances. It drives men mad! Almost every single one of them. Not all tough, and not even necessarily all at one time... but over a course of many years. I am an old man, and have seen a lot."

edit:
    Zrkra will speak to Gwen: "Ehlonna is a beautiful thing. I am saddened by the losses my world has caused her followers. She is welcome in this forest. You will find a home of elves, fairies, and maybe even unicorns if you look carefully enough. We still appreciate our magic woodland friends. There is a strong following of her people here. Do not be surprised if they reveal themselves to you."
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-08-11 at 01:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

SwashbucklerGuy

Baka

With much to think about from the introductions and initial meeting, Baka falls in line to where he is directed with the entourage remaining silent and somewhat stoic. As the assembly moves through the city he starts to notice the differences between this city and others he has seen. There is so much natural beauty here. He is soon lost in the formations and colors. The feathering especially draws his attention, and he engages many of the guards, wives, or consorts (if it is appropriate) to inquire about the birds and areas where they came from. This is mostly idle conversation though he is interested.

As everyone approaches the lake, Baka is surprised by the transformation of the king's litter. I did not know such things could exist. As he lifts his eyes from the lake to notice the palace, he realizes how inept his thoughts were. He is awestruck by this palace and tries to regain his composure, but remains quite stunned for most of the boat ride. To regain his concentration, Baka is seen to kneel on the boat and study the waters as they glide across them.
    Last edited by Nomad5; 2007-08-11 at 09:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

Gwen

Gwen with thank the king for his reassurance of Ehlonna's followers.

She will continue to smile, as she looks around in wonder at the city and the palace.

When the time comes to go to the small boats, she will focus on boarding and seating herself as directed...not wanting to be accidentially introduced to the water in her armor.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Default Across the Lake

The gilded boats take you across the lake to a palace port, more golden guards are here, and salute your large party when you arrive. They attend the King's ladies, and then usher you into the lower gates of the palace which were built straight into the hillside.

Waterfalls crash all around you here, and you will walk over a thin raised stone bridge to the main landing of the palace. Outside here, is a great feast already prepared in your honor with about 500 staff members around to make sure each of you never has any want.

The tall garden walls rise high above you, and the distant roar of the waterfalls, is actually kind of relaxing, and doesn't deafen you all once you are in this stone-courtyard clearing. The ground is finely carved stone, with huge pictures of warriors battling great forest creatures.

The walls are painted and carved similarly to the ground. though the ground incorporated colored glass and tiles into the artwork there. The walls were more of a glazed paint.