New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Can I take the blunt flaw who make the weapon do non lethal damage only then sabotage it(there is a wotc manual saying rules for changing a weapon for making it deal lethal damage instead of non lethal damage by doing a disable device check) for making it deal lethal damage?
    (Yes it is 100% silly)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Can I take the blunt flaw who make the weapon do non lethal damage only then sabotage it(there is a wotc manual saying rules for changing a weapon for making it deal lethal damage instead of non lethal damage by doing a disable device check) for making it deal lethal damage?
    (Yes it is 100% silly)
    I surely wouldn't allow it. It goes against the whole point of the flaw... But if your GM lets you do it, more power to you.
    Homebrew Stuff:

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    (Yes it is 100% silly)
    I would agree that this falls in the Bug, not feature, category as Lemmy said.

Then again, in world with people crazy enough to go to those lengths for a slightly better weapon... Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

We are back!

Oh, boy! Do I have news for you guys?

- Chop weapons! In case you really, really want your axes to be Slashing damage only and have [20] / x3 critical.
    - Changes of prerequisites to Improved Critical Multiplier and Improved Critical Threat Range! Now they can added to weapons with any kind of damage!
    - Slings! Does anyone care? I don't know... But now they are there!
    - New Flaws! Impractical Reload was finally added to the document. A new flaw is coming very soon.

And of course... Previews!

Because it's always fun to get a quick sneak peek.

Spoiler: New Modification: Adaptive
    Show
    As a move action, the wielder of an adaptive weapon can activate a different aspect of the weapon, giving it an additional modification in exchange for gaining an weapon flaw of equal or greater cp value. The modification and flaw are both selected at the time of the weapon’s creation, and cannot be changed without completely reshaping it. The weapon must fulfill all the requirements for both the adaptation and flaw, including modification category limitations.
    Requirements: None. Craft Points: 0* + Modification cost (maximum total of +2).

- Weapon Weight Rules!
    This one is for you, HisHighestMinion! You and your 2-handed gravatus club that somehow only weighs 1 ounce (I mean... Technically, it can't weigh one ounce, because ounce is a measure of mass, not force, but thats just the engineer in me being pedantic ).

Spoiler: Weapon Weight
    Show

I hope you guys enjoy all of the new stuff. And thank you all again for your continued interest in my humble project.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-15 at 07:59 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

5. - Top - End - #215

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    We are back!
    YAY!

Oh, boy! Do I have news for you guys?

- Chop weapons! In case you really, really want your axes to be Slashing damage only and have [20] / x3 critical.
    - Changes of prerequisites to Improved Critical Multiplier and Improved Critical Threat Range! Now they can added to weapons with any kind of damage!
    after reading the Chop mod i like it, seemed a little vague at first.
    yay! more crits for all!

- Slings! Does anyone care? I don't know... But now they are there!
    Probably not, but we need it for completions sake. Players usually carry a sling around for backup, now they can have custom slings! rejoice

Spoiler: New Modification: Adaptive
    Show
    As a move action, the wielder of an adaptive weapon can activate a different aspect of the weapon, giving it an additional modification in exchange for gaining an weapon flaw of equal or greater cp value. The modification and flaw are both selected at the time of the weapon’s creation, and cannot be changed without completely reshaping it. The weapon must fulfill all the requirements for both the adaptation and flaw, including modification category limitations.
    Requirements: None. Craft Points: 0* + Modification cost (maximum total of +2).
    Questions: So this is a way to have a modification, but not being able to use it at all times? why not have this adaptive mode all the time?
    wait no, i see it now, some flaw thats a big drawback but activates some extra damage. this way adaptive works as a damageboost with a distinct drawback in cases of ''need more power, worth the risk'' situations.
    Zero cost is nice. basically lets you make a weapon that can 'power up'

- Weapon Weight Rules!
    This one is for you, HisHighestMinion! You and your 2-handed gravatus club that somehow only weighs 1 ounce (I mean... Technically, it can't weigh one ounce, because ounce is a measure of mass, not force, but thats just the engineer in me being pedantic ).

Spoiler: Weapon Weight
    Show

I hope you guys enjoy all of the new stuff. And thank you all again for your continued interest in my humble project.
    Just like the weight of weapons in normal 3.5/pathfinder, this will not see a lot of use, untill people like HisHighestMinion come up with stuff. Good to have just in case

keep up the good work Lemmy! I talked to some players about using the system and they cant wait to try it out.
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Probably not, but we need it for completions sake. Players usually carry a sling around for backup, now they can have custom slings! rejoice
    And now Druids can finally have a custom ranged weapon too!

Questions: So this is a way to have a modification, but not being able to use it at all times? why not have this adaptive mode all the time?
    wait no, i see it now, some flaw thats a big drawback but activates some extra damage. this way adaptive works as a damageboost with a distinct drawback in cases of ''need more power, worth the risk'' situations.
    Zero cost is nice. basically lets you make a weapon that can 'power up'
    I'm not sure of the Adaptive's cp cost... In its current form, this modification is ripe for abuse. Player could very well pick a nice modification and trade it for a flaw that doesn't matter much when that modification is up... As such, I'm considering the possibility increasing its price to 1 + mod cost (maximum +3), but I haven't decided on that... What I have decided on, though, is to create a short list of possible modifications/flaws that can be used. This way people won't grab Extra Range for Reduced Reload Speed and then switch back when it's time to reload.

Just like the weight of weapons in normal 3.5/pathfinder, this will not see a lot of use, untill people like HisHighestMinion come up with stuff. Good to have just in case
    I mean... It can't possibly see less use than the Pricing Your Weapon section.

keep up the good work Lemmy! I talked to some players about using the system and they cant wait to try it out.
    Awesome! Let me know how it goes!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-15 at 08:26 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

First off, I'd like to thank Lemmy for this AMAZING tool that I'm going to use in every one of my campaigns from now on. I stumbled across this randomly and took a look. Amazed at the variety of modifications I decided I should try to create the weapon that I thought would be most difficult to make in D&D. My mind went immediately to the Gunlance from Monster Hunter and this is what I came up with.

Spoiler: Gunlance Stats
    Show
    Gunlance
    1 hand + shield
    1d6 Piercing damage | Crit: 20 X3
    Exotic: 6 points
    3 Points | Blaster: A weapon with this modification releases extra kinetic force at the moment of impact by blasting explosive ammo. On a successful hit, the wielder can activate this modification as a free action. This cause the attack to deal 2d6 of force damage in addition to its normal damage. This does not deplete the weapon’s normal ammo reserves (if any). Instead, the weapon gains a separate ammo reserve (capacity of 1) that is specifically and solely depleted when this modification is activated. Reloading this modification requires an standard action.
    Note: Despite using ammo, this modification does not make a melee weapon a ranged one.
    2 Points (Blaster) | Elemental Damage [Edge]: All damage caused by a weapon with this modification is considered fire. Attacks made using this modification target touch AC, but don’t add the wielder’s Strength modifier to damage rolls. For weapons with this modification to function, they must be recharged in some way, such as by adding more fuel or changing its battery.
    2 Points (Blaster) | Improved Ammo Capacity: Ammo from 1 to 6
    1 Point (Blaster) | Improved Reload: Reload from standard to move
    -2 Points | Nonthreatening [Handle]: This weapon is too short, heavy or unwieldy to move quickly enough to strike fast targets or punish quick openings. It cannot be used to make attacks of opportunity.

I was impressed to say the least so I thought, if I can make this, can I make the rest? I'm happy to say that Lemmy's custom weapon generation system does not disappoint and as of now I have created the weapons below, with more in the work. Once I have finished this, I plan to run a MH campaign. Any suggestions for edits will be appreciated.

Spoiler: Great Sword Stats
    Show
    Great Sword
    2 hand
    2d6 Slashing + 2d8 Bludgeoning damage | 19-20/x2
    1 Point | Blocking: When you use this weapon to fight defensively, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
    0 Points | Stashing: This weapon has a secret compartment hidden in its handle or sheath. The compartment can hold up to three very small items, such as a keys, rings, small pieces of paper, etc. Detecting the compartment requires close inspection of the weapon and a successful Perception check (DC 30). Retrieving an item stashed within the hidden compartment requires a move action (or a swift action with the Quick Draw feat).
    1 Point | Additional Damage Type: Attacks made by a weapon with this modification deal additional bludgeoning damage (1d12) with every hit.
    2 Points (Slashing) | Improved Damage Die: Slashing damage increased from 2d4 to 2d6
    2 Points (Bludgeoning) | Improved Damage Die: Bludgeoning damage increased from 1d12 to 2d8

Spoiler: Long Sword Stats
    Show
    Long Sword
    2 hand
    2d4 slashing damage | 19-20/x2
    2 Points | Elemental Damage [Edge]: All damage caused by a weapon with this modification is considered force damage. Attacks made using this modification target touch AC, but don’t add the wielder’s Strength modifier to damage rolls. For weapons with this modification to function, they must be recharged by hitting an enemy. Each hit gives half a charge, max of 4 charges stored. Charges disappear after a minute.
    2 Points | Energy Conduit: In addition to its normal damage, this weapon deals +1d6 force damage. The weapon itself is not made of the energy, simply enveloped by it, and uses the same charge as the Elemental Damage mod.
    2 Points | Barbed: A weapon with this modification has a particularly vicious edge. Whenever the wielder confirms a critical hit or damages the same creature twice in the same turn with a barbed weapon, the target starts bleeding, therefore suffering 1d4 bleed damage at the start of their every turn. This bleeding can be stopped by a successful Heal check (DC 20) or by any effect that heals hp damage.

Spoiler: Sword and Shield Stats
    Show
    Sword and shield.
    1 hand plus shield
    1d6 slashing damage | 19-20/x2
    Exotic: 6 points.
    0 Points | Concealable: This weapon is easily concealed, granting a +4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal it.
    1 Point | Retractable: This weapon has an in-built sheath. When it’s retracted, you’re not considered to be wielding the weapon and cannot attack with it, but its attacking end vanishes from sight. The object serving as weapon’s sheath (the shield) doesn’t disappear, but looks like a harmless object. It’s impossible to anyone unfamiliar with the weapon to detect it without close examination. Retracting and bringing out a weapon only requires a free action, but is otherwise considered “drawing a weapon” for all effects and purposes.
    0 Points | Stashing: This weapon has a secret compartment hidden in its handle or sheath. The compartment can hold up to three very small items, such as a keys, rings, small pieces of paper, etc. Detecting the compartment requires close inspection of the weapon and a successful Perception check (DC 30). Retrieving an item stashed within the hidden compartment requires a move action (or a swift action with the Quick Draw feat).
    1(0) Point | Alternate Damage Type: This weapon can strike with a different part of its blade, dealing a piercing damage. Unlike a Double weapon, there is only one weapon end, it can simply be used in two different ways, so all enhancements and modifications that affect the weapon apply to both types of attack, unless it requires an specific type of damage to work (e.g.: A weapon that can alternate between Bludgeoning and Slashing damage would only benefit from a Improved Critical Threat modification or Vorpal enhancement when attacking with its slashing end). Unlike a weapon with the Additional Damage Type modification, the weapon can only deal one type of damage per attack and the chosen alternate type of damage is disconsidered for the purpose of deciding what modifications may be added to the weapon.
    1 Point (Piercing) | Syringe: This weapon has a small hollow compartment inside its blade. When you hit a target with it, you can use a free action to inject the liquid content (typically poison) into your target. Reloading the compartment requires a full round action that provokes attack of opportunity.
    1(0) Point | Thrown Weapon: A weapon with this modification can be used as a thrown weapon with a range of 10 ft.
    1(0) Point | Spinning: This weapon is built in such way that if thrown, it’ll spin and return to its thrower, unless its path is blocked. If you make an attack with a weapon with this property and miss, it returns to the square from where it was thrown. Catching the weapon is a move action (or a swift action if you have the Quick Draw feat), failing to do so means it falls harmlessly on the ground.
    1 Point (Thrown) | Improved range from 10 to 20 ft.

Spoiler: Duel Blades Stats
    Show
    Duel Blades
    1 hand x2
    1d12 slashing damage | 20/x2
    1 Point | Twin: Twin weapons are meant to be used in tandem with their pairs. A twin weapon has one (or more) weapon(s) specifically designed to work in conjunction with it, both complementing each other. As a result, all feats and abilities that apply to one of them (such as Weapon Focus), applies to the other(s) as well, if applicable. (e.g.: a feat that requires making ranged attacks would have no effect on a melee weapon, even if its twin is a ranged weapon), as long as they are wielded simultaneously by the same creature.
    2 Points | Energy Conduit: In addition to its normal damage, this weapon deals +1d6 sonic damage. The weapon itself is not made of the energy, simply enveloped by it, but must also be recharged by hitting a target. One hit = one charge. Charges disappear after a minute. Maximum of two charges stored.
    -3 Points | Reduced Critical Threat Range: Reduces crit range from 19-20 to 20
    2x3 Points | Improved Damage Die: Damage die increased from 1d6 to 1d8 to 1d10 to 1d12

Spoiler: Hammer Stats
    Show
    Hammer
    2 hand
    6d6 Bludgeoning damage | 20/x2
    Exotic: 6 Points
    -2 Points | Blunt: [Edge] This weapon has no sharpness. It’s only capable of dealing bludgeoning, nonlethal damage.
    2x4 Points | Improved Damage Die: increases damage die from 2d6 to 2d8 to 2d10 to 2d12 to 6d6

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lavander View Post
    First off, I'd like to thank Lemmy for this AMAZING tool that I'm going to use in every one of my campaigns from now on. I stumbled across this randomly and took a look. Amazed at the variety of modifications I decided I should try to create the weapon that I thought would be most difficult to make in D&D. My mind went immediately to the Gunlance from Monster Hunter and this is what I came up with.
    Why... Stop! You'll make me blush!

Seriously, though. I'm glad you like it. I hope even more people can have fun with this system.

Out of curiosity... How did you find my little project? Just checking the Homebrew forums?

Spoiler: Gunlance Stats
    Show
    Gunlance
    1 hand + shield
    1d6 Piercing damage | Crit: 20 X3
    3 Points | Blaster: A weapon with this modification releases extra kinetic force at the moment of impact by blasting explosive ammo. On a successful hit, the wielder can activate this modification as a free action. This cause the attack to deal 2d6 of force damage in addition to its normal damage. This does not deplete the weapon’s normal ammo reserves (if any). Instead, the weapon gains a separate ammo reserve (capacity of 1) that is specifically and solely depleted when this modification is activated. Reloading this modification requires an standard action.
    Note: Despite using ammo, this modification does not make a melee weapon a ranged one.
    2 Points (Blaster) | Elemental Damage [Edge]: All damage caused by a weapon with this modification is considered fire. Attacks made using this modification target touch AC, but don’t add the wielder’s Strength modifier to damage rolls. For weapons with this modification to function, they must be recharged in some way, such as by adding more fuel or changing its battery.
    2 Points (Blaster) | Improved Ammo Capacity: Ammo from 1 to 6
    1 Point (Blaster) | Improved Reload: Reload from standard to move
    -2 Points | Nonthreatening [Handle]: This weapon is too short, heavy or unwieldy to move quickly enough to strike fast targets or punish quick openings. It cannot be used to make attacks of opportunity.

I was impressed to say the least so I thought, if I can make this, can I make the rest? I'm happy to say that Lemmy's custom weapon generation system does not disappoint and as of now I have created the weapons below, with more in the work. Once I have finished this, I plan to run a MH campaign. Any suggestions for edits will be appreciated.
    Everything seems fine with this weapon (I'm rather tired right now, though, so don't trust me completely ). Do share how your MH campaign goes! It's always fun to hear the absurd weapon ideas players come up with!

Your other weapons are all really cool. I love the creativity and effort put into them. I seriously enjoy seeing what everyone here can create using this system!

Still, I wouldn't be an annoying bastard if I didn't point out the mistakes. Be assured that I do not intend to insult or mock you in anyway. You're new to the system, and as such you made a few mistakes. Everyone does. Hell! I often double (or triple) check the weapons I create simply because I too forget some details of the project!

Spoiler: Great Sword Stats
    Show
    Great Sword
    2 hand
    2d6 Slashing + 2d8 Bludgeoning damage | 19-20/x2
    1 Point | Blocking: When you use this weapon to fight defensively, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC
    1 Point | Additional Damage Type: Attacks made by a weapon with this modification deal additional bludgeoning damage (1d12) with every hit.
    2 Points (Slashing) | Improved Damage Die: Slashing damage increased from 2d4 to 2d6
    2 Points (Bludgeoning) | Improved Damage Die: Bludgeoning damage increased from 1d12 to 2d8
    Ah... There's a mistake here: Additional Damage Die doesn't give you the damage of an equivalent template... It simply makes your attacks deal two types of damage at the same time (in this case, bludgeoning and slashing). The good news is that that means you don't have to buy Improved Damage Die separately for each of them.

Spoiler: Long Sword Stats
    Show
    Long Sword
    2 hand
    2d4 slashing damage | 19-20/x2
    2 Points | Elemental Damage [Edge]: All damage caused by a weapon with this modification is considered force damage. Attacks made using this modification target touch AC, but don’t add the wielder’s Strength modifier to damage rolls. For weapons with this modification to function, they must be recharged by hitting an enemy. Each hit gives half a charge, max of 4 charges stored. Charges disappear after a minute.
    2 Points | Energy Conduit: In addition to its normal damage, this weapon deals +1d6 force damage. The weapon itself is not made of the energy, simply enveloped by it, and uses the same charge as the Elemental Damage mod.
    2 Points | Barbed: A weapon with this modification has a particularly vicious edge. Whenever the wielder confirms a critical hit or damages the same creature twice in the same turn with a barbed weapon, the target starts bleeding, therefore suffering 1d4 bleed damage at the start of their every turn. This bleeding can be stopped by a successful Heal check (DC 20) or by any effect that heals hp damage.
    While not technically against the rule, I'd be hesitant to allow weapons to deal Force damage... Oh! And weapons with the Elemental Damage modification no longer deal its physical damage type, so this weapon would deal Force damage, but not slashing damage (although it'd still keep the base template attributes).

Spoiler: Sword and Shield Stats
    Show
    Sword and shield.
    1 hand plus shield
    1d6 slashing damage | 19-20/x2
    0 Points | Concealable: This weapon is easily concealed, granting a +4 bonus on Sleight of Hand checks to conceal it.
    1 Point | Retractable: This weapon has an in-built sheath. When it’s retracted, you’re not considered to be wielding the weapon and cannot attack with it, but its attacking end vanishes from sight. The object serving as weapon’s sheath (the shield) doesn’t disappear, but looks like a harmless object. It’s impossible to anyone unfamiliar with the weapon to detect it without close examination. Retracting and bringing out a weapon only requires a free action, but is otherwise considered “drawing a weapon” for all effects and purposes.
    1(0) Point | Alternate Damage Type: This weapon can strike with a different part of its blade, dealing a piercing damage. Unlike a Double weapon, there is only one weapon end, it can simply be used in two different ways, so all enhancements and modifications that affect the weapon apply to both types of attack, unless it requires an specific type of damage to work (e.g.: A weapon that can alternate between Bludgeoning and Slashing damage would only benefit from a Improved Critical Threat modification or Vorpal enhancement when attacking with its slashing end). Unlike a weapon with the Additional Damage Type modification, the weapon can only deal one type of damage per attack and the chosen alternate type of damage is disconsidered for the purpose of deciding what modifications may be added to the weapon.
    1 Point (Piercing) | Syringe: This weapon has a small hollow compartment inside its blade. When you hit a target with it, you can use a free action to inject the liquid content (typically poison) into your target. Reloading the compartment requires a full round action that provokes attack of opportunity.
    1(0) Point | Thrown Weapon: A weapon with this modification can be used as a thrown weapon with a range of 10 ft.
    1(0) Point | Spinning: This weapon is built in such way that if thrown, it’ll spin and return to its thrower, unless its path is blocked. If you make an attack with a weapon with this property and miss, it returns to the square from where it was thrown. Catching the weapon is a move action (or a swift action if you have the Quick Draw feat), failing to do so means it falls harmlessly on the ground.
    The only problem here is that the Alternate Damage modification doesn't allow the weapon to qualify for modifications that require that type of damage... Which, now that I think about it, no longer makes sense (it was used to prevent martial weapons with 19-20/x3 crit, but that's no longer an issue).

Spoiler: Duel Blades Stats
    Show
    Duel Blades
    1 hand x2
    1d12 slashing damage | 20/x2
    1 Point | Twin: Twin weapons are meant to be used in tandem with their pairs. A twin weapon has one (or more) weapon(s) specifically designed to work in conjunction with it, both complementing each other. As a result, all feats and abilities that apply to one of them (such as Weapon Focus), applies to the other(s) as well, if applicable. (e.g.: a feat that requires making ranged attacks would have no effect on a melee weapon, even if its twin is a ranged weapon), as long as they are wielded simultaneously by the same creature.
    2 Points | Energy Conduit: In addition to its normal damage, this weapon deals +1d6 sonic damage. The weapon itself is not made of the energy, simply enveloped by it, but must also be recharged by hitting a target. One hit = one charge. Charges disappear after a minute. Maximum of two charges stored.
    -3 Points | Reduced Critical Threat Range: Reduces crit range from 19-20 to 20
    2x3 Points | Improved Damage Die: Damage die increased from 1d6 to 1d8 to 1d10 to 1d12
    Keep in mind that Flaws do NOT add craft points to the weapons total craft point limit. Instead, they simply give the weapon a modification (or combination of modificaitons) of equal or lesser value. It's a subtle, but very important difference! That means it's not possible, for example... To take a 1 cp flaw in order to give a Simple weapon (which's usually limited to 2 cp) a 3 cp modification. That means you can't use the 3 cp left after the addition of [Twin] and [Energy Conduit] to buy Improved Damage Die three times. You'd only be able to buy it twice... Once using the 3 cp you have left in the weapons original cp total, and a second time using the flaw. Basically, 3+3 does not equal 6... It equals two separate and independent 3s that cannot be combined with each other.

There's a little other mistake, which I'll point out after the next spoiler, just for the drama!

Spoiler: Hammer Stats
    Show
    Hammer
    2 hand
    6d6 Bludgeoning damage | 20/x2
    -2 Points | Blunt: [Edge] This weapon has no sharpness. It’s only capable of dealing bludgeoning, nonlethal damage.
    2x4 Points | Improved Damage Die: increases damage die from 2d6 to 2d8 to 2d10 to 2d12 to 6d6
    Here you missed something that is indeed very easy to miss.:

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon Flaws
    (...) Additionally, modifications that can be taken multiple times (such as Improved Damage) paid with the extra craft points from flaws do not stack with the same modifications gained from the weapon’s base craft points. (...)
    That rule was added specifically to avoid this kind of modification stacking. It's also the reason why the Chop modification was rewritten to specify that the weapon gains the Increased Damage Die modification, rather than it simply including an untyped increase.

Still, I'm happy and grateful for your interest. I sincerely hope this little homebrew continues to improve your role-playing experience.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-15 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Of course it's typos! And I'm sure I still missed a few!
    Homebrew Stuff:

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

here is flaw idea special training user needs to have special training to use3 weapon correctly cost 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    here is flaw idea special training user needs to have special training to use weapon correctly cost 3
    Well... That's already represented by weapon proficiency, though (particularly true of exotic weapons).
    Homebrew Stuff:

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Well... That's already represented by weapon proficiency, though (particularly true of exotic weapons).
    I know but is there a way to express discipline weapons in system like my kelunai races dancing braces my problem is every one can use braces with some profecieny but kelunai cant get special benifits from it in the systhem so may be a racial flaw maybe
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I know but is there a way to express discipline weapons in system like my kelunai races dancing braces my problem is every one can use braces with some profecieny but kelunai cant get special benifits from it in the systhem so may be a racial flaw maybe
    Make it an exotic weapon, call it "Kelunai Dancing Bracers" and add a racial trait saying that Kelunai are proficient with all weapons with the word "kelunai" in the name, just iike elves are proficient with all weapons with the word "elven" in the name.

I do have plans for expansive weapon proficiency (where you get extra benefits from weapons depending on your level of proficiency), but that's still a while away...
    Homebrew Stuff:

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Make it an exotic weapon, call it "Kelunai Dancing Bracers" and add a racial trait saying that Kelunai are proficient with all weapons with the word "kelunai" in the name, just iike elves are proficient with all weapons with the word "elven" in the name.

I do have plans for expansive weapon proficiency (where you get extra benefits from weapons depending on your level of proficiency), but that's still a while away...
    All ready did the first part so i need to wait for expensive profeciency addon

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

Why... Stop! You'll make me blush!
    Just speaking the truth.

Out of curiosity... How did you find my little project? Just checking the Homebrew forums?
    Yeah. I was just randomly scrolling the forums while bored and found it.

Everything seems fine with this weapon (I'm rather tired right now, though, so don't trust me completely ). Do share how your MH campaign goes! It's always fun to hear the absurd weapon ideas players come up with!
    I'll let you know when I get to run it. I also saw a thing in the document about you making a custom armor system. That'd be cool and very useful for the campaign.

Ah... There's a mistake here: Additional Damage Die doesn't give you the damage of an equivalent template... It simply makes your attacks deal two types of damage at the same time (in this case, bludgeoning and slashing). The good news is that that means you don't have to buy Improved Damage Die separately for each of them.
    Alright then. I think I fixed it.
    Spoiler: Updated Great Sword Stats
    Show
    Great Sword
    2 hand
    2d10 Slashing and Bludgeoning damage | 19-20/x2
    2x2 Points | Improved Damage Die: Bludgeoning damage increased from 1d12 to 2d8 to 2d10

While not technically against the rule, I'd be hesitant to allow weapons to deal Force damage... Oh! And weapons with the Elemental Damage modification no longer deal its physical damage type, so this weapon would deal Force damage, but not slashing damage (although it'd still keep the base template attributes).
    The force damage is to help the weapon stay true to the game. As for the slashing, since the energy charges by hitting things then you need some way to hit things without it being charged, so I left it in.

The only problem here is that the Alternate Damage modification doesn't allow the weapon to qualify for modifications that require that type of damage... Which, now that I think about it, no longer makes sense (it was used to prevent martial weapons with 19-20/x3 crit, but that's no longer an issue).
    Alright you pedant. Better?
    Spoiler: Updated Sword and Shield Stats
    Show
    Sword and shield.
    1 hand plus shield
    1d6 Piercing damage | 20/x3
    1(0) Point | Alternate Damage Type: This weapon can strike with a different part of its blade, dealing slashing damage. Unlike a Double weapon, there is only one weapon end, it can simply be used in two different ways, so all enhancements and modifications that affect the weapon apply to both types of attack, unless it requires an specific type of damage to work (e.g.: A weapon that can alternate between Bludgeoning and Slashing damage would only benefit from a Improved Critical Threat modification or Vorpal enhancement when attacking with its slashing end). Unlike a weapon with the Additional Damage Type modification, the weapon can only deal one type of damage per attack and the chosen alternate type of damage is disconsidered for the purpose of deciding what modifications may be added to the weapon.

Keep in mind that Flaws do NOT add craft points to the weapons total craft point limit. Instead, they simply give the weapon a modification (or combination of modificaitons) of equal or lesser value. It's a subtle, but very important difference! That means it's not possible, for example... To take a 1 cp flaw in order to give a Simple weapon (which's usually limited to 2 cp) a 3 cp modification. That means you can't use the 3 cp left after the addition of [Twin] and [Energy Conduit] to buy Improved Damage Die three times. You'd only be able to buy it twice... Once using the 3 cp you have left in the weapons original cp total, and a second time using the flaw. Basically, 3+3 does not equal 6... It equals two separate and independent 3s that cannot be combined with each other.
    Here's where I get to disagree with you. It's how you did your math. I payed for the twin and energy conduit with the points from the flaw. With the 6 I started with, I got my damage upgrades.

That rule was added specifically to avoid this kind of modification stacking. It's also the reason why the Chop modification was rewritten to specify that the weapon gains the Increased Damage Die modification, rather than it simply including an untyped increase.
    Alright. Hammer now hits for less but is scarier. I hope you're happy.
    Spoiler: Updated Hammer Stats
    Show
    Hammer
    2 hand
    2d12 Bludgeoning damage | 20/x2
    2 Points | Extendable [Handle]: This weapon can be extended, usually by splitting its blade or handle in 2 or more separate parts, which remain connected by a chain, rope, string or similar link. When extended, the weapon gains either Reach or Whip modification. The type of extension is chosen at the time the weapon is crafted. Adding this modification twice allows the user to alternate between types of extension. However, it’s not possible to use both types of extensions at the same time, and it’s necessary to return the weapon to its “neutral” state before changing it to another type of extension.
    Extending or compacting a weapon is considered “drawing a weapon” for all effects and purposes.
    Whip [Handle]: A whip weapon is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don't threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes).
    A whip deals no damage to any creature with an armor bonus of +1 or higher or a natural armor bonus of +3 or higher. Using a whip provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon.
    2x3 Points | Improved Damage Die: increases damage die from 2d6 to 2d8 to 2d10 to 2d12

My own update! Presenting the Lance!
    Spoiler: Lance Stats
    Show
    Lance
    1 hand + Shield
    1d8 Piercing damage | 20/x3
    2 Points: Barbed: A weapon with this modification has a particularly vicious edge. Whenever the wielder confirms a critical hit or damages the same creature twice in the same turn with a barbed weapon, the target starts bleeding, therefore suffering 1d4 bleed damage at the start of their every turn. This bleeding can be stopped by a successful Heal check (DC 20) or by any effect that heals hp damage.
    1 Point: Blocking: When you use this weapon to fight defensively, you gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.
    0 Points: Brace: If you use a readied action to set a brace weapon against a charge, you deal double damage on a successful hit against a charging creature.
    1 Point: Retractable: This weapon has an in-built sheath. When it’s retracted, you’re not considered to be wielding the weapon and cannot attack with it, but it’s attacking end vanishes from sight. The object serving as weapon’s sheath (usually its handle) doesn’t disappear, but looks like a harmless object. It’s impossible to anyone unfamiliar with the weapon to detect it without close examination. Retracting and bringing out a weapon only requires a free action, but is otherwise considered “drawing a weapon” for all effects and purposes.
    0 Points: Stashing: This weapon has a secret compartment hidden in its handle or sheath. The compartment can hold up to three very small items, such as a keys, rings, small pieces of paper, etc. Detecting the compartment requires close inspection of the weapon and a successful Perception check (DC 30). Retrieving an item stashed within the hidden compartment requires a move action (or a swift action with the Quick Draw feat).
    2 Points | Improved Damage Die: Damage die increased from 1d6 to 1d8

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

@lavander since you are building monster hunter weapon would you build insect glaive for me

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

biggrin Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

The force damage is to help the weapon stay true to the game. As for the slashing, since the energy charges by hitting things then you need some way to hit things without it being charged, so I left it in.
    Like I said, it's not strictly against the rules... It might be a bit unbalanced, though. But if you're fine with it... Have fun! The whole point of the homebrew is to allow players to create cool weapons!

Alright you pedant. Better?
    Much!

Here's where I get to disagree with you. It's how you did your math. I payed for the twin and energy conduit with the points from the flaw. With the 6 I started with, I got my damage upgrades.
    That... That makes sense. I... Uh... I knew that, of course. I was just... Eh... Uh... Testing you... Yes! That's it! I was testing you! For reasons!

Alright. Hammer now hits for less but is scarier. I hope you're happy.
    I am!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-17 at 09:18 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

That... That makes sense. I... Uh... I knew that, of course. I was just... Eh... Uh... Testing you... Yes! That's it! I was testing you! For reasons!
    busted you are mate. struggle why!
    I hope my Yoda talk is good

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

busted you are mate. Struggle why!
    i hope my yoda talk is good
    i admit to nothing!
    Homebrew Stuff:

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I finally added the Weapon Weight chapter. I'm not 100% satisfied with it, but I like it. Now your gravatus weapons can't weigh just 8 kg.
    Homebrew Stuff:

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't suppose anyone is interested in creating the custom list for generic simple weapon... are you?

I need these ones done before moving on to the martial weapons...

Spoiler: Simple Weapons
    Show
    Melee
    light club (fire conduit weapon?)
    simple torch
    simple dagger
    brass knuckles/gauntlets

heavy club
    ax/cleaver
    sickle

pitchfork
    spear (reach)

Ranged:
    crossbow
    cranequin (crossbow using the cranked(automatic) mechanic)
    sling
    blowgun (not sure how to build this one... Might actually require a new 0* cp modification)

so much work...

I'll add an special thanks to whoever helps me with these. You can even choose what name you want to refer to you.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-23 at 09:28 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

21. - Top - End - #231

PirateGuy

i can give it a look later today. I'll just spend it on reading campaignlogs anyway XD

[EDIT] Dont mind me, just editing in a link to a hilarious collection of custom weapons! Linkeroo!
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2017-05-24 at 07:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dont mind me, just editing in a link to a hilarious collection of custom weapons! Linkeroo!
    Hah! I bet I could make some (most?) of those with a few extra special materials.
    Homebrew Stuff:

23. - Top - End - #233

PirateGuy

Allright then, some samples i could figure out:

Spoiler: Light club
    Show

[Simple One-handed Bludgeoning]
    [1d6 20/x2]
    Modifications: none, it is a heavy stick.

Now normally a club in pathfinder have a thrown range increment of 10 ft. but in this system you can only add throwing to light weapons. Since no one wants to throw a club anyway, and any fool can throw something 10 feet, i think this will do.

Spoiler: Torch
    Show

[Simple One-handed Bludgeoning]
    [1d6 + 1d6 fire 20/x2]
    Modifications: Energy conduit (fire) [2 points], Utility, Minor (sheds light) [0 points]

Basically a club on fire.

Spoiler: Dagger
    Show

[Simple Light Slashing/Piercing]
    [1d4 19-20/x2 10ft.]
    Modifications: Alternative Damage Type (Piercing) [0], Improved Damage Die [2], Thrown [0]

Matches the normal statistics. It sounds complicated, but works out perfectly.

Spoiler: Brass Knuckles / Gauntlets
    Show

[Simple Light Bludgeoning]
    [1d3 20/x2]
    Modifications: Attached [1], Grapple [1], Monk [0] Nonlethal [0]

In Pathfinder, Brass Knuckles and Gauntlets have the same stats, except that the knuckles can be used as Monk weapons. Add that modification as you please. Grapple i put in because you can grapple with empty hands, seems suitable in this case. Nonlethal because these make it easier to hit a person hard enough to do damage, but you could still pull punches for non lethality i guess.

Spoiler: Heavy club
    Show

[Simple Two-handed Bludgeoning.]
    [1d8 20/x2]
    Modifications: none, just a bigger stick.

Not on the normal list, does not deserve anything special.

Spoiler: Axe
    Show

[Simple One-Handed Slashing]
    [1d6 20/x3]
    Modifications: Chop [2]

A simple handaxe. Does not exsist in pathfinder normally and would be the only simple one handed weapon with 1d6 damage and a x3 crit. but doesnt seem that unbalanced.

Spoiler: Sickle
    Show

[Simple Light Slashing]
    [1d4 19-20/x2]
    Modifications: Improved Damage Die [2], Trip [0]

I cant match this one to the pathfinder version. In PF it has 1d6 damage. but improving the damage die 2 time is too expensive in a simple weapon.

Spoiler: Pitchfork/Spear
    Show

[Simple Two-Handed Piercing]
    [1d8 20/x3]
    Modifications: Brace [0], Improved damage die [2]

Shortspears cant be remade with the system, simple too little Mod points to add the throwing to it. Matches the damage of the original tho.

Spoiler: Longspear
    Show

[Simple Two-Handed Piercing]
    [1d8 20/x3]
    Modifications: Brace [0], Improved Damage Die [2], Reach [0]

Another 1:1 conversion. Good work Lemmy

Spoiler: Crossbow/Cranequin
    Show

[Simple Two-handed Piercing]
    [1d8 20/x2 90 ft Standard]
    Modifications: Crank [0]/Crank, Automatic [0], Improved Reload [2].

Slightly more reach then a normal light crossbow, slightly less chance of critting. Can be made automatic, would not change the stats. Still get to pick a str bonus to use it with if you have the money.

Spoiler: Heavy Crossbow/Heavy Cranequin
    Show

[Simple Two-handed Piercing]
    [1d12 20/x2 90 ft Standard]
    Modifications: Crank [0]/Crank, Automatic [0], Improved Damage Die [2].

Once again it does not fully match the regular statistics, the damage for 2 handed weapons can be turned into 1d10. so a heavy crossbow in this system is sadly 1d12. This is traded for with a lower range increment then usual.

Spoiler: Sling
    Show

[Simple Light Bludgeoning]
    [1d4 20/x2 30ft Standard]
    Modifications: Improved Range [1], Improved Reload [1], Sling [0],

Less range then a normal sling, but otherwise identical.

Aaand, thats all of em minus the blowgun but extra a heavy crossbow. I do have some ideas for the blowgun, linking it heavily to the ammo used or something. Gotta go do other things now. but it was a nice excersise.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Droppable automatic crossbow(simple weapon): some people just want a single use weapon packing a good punch.(it is not really single use but most people using it are people who already had quick draw for some reason and thus drop it and pull another one)
    Two handed ranged blunt weapon 1d10 damage(damage die doubled due to burst) 60 foot range 3 ammo storage(reloading time of full round but you will not reload it :it costs 5 gp so you can use one different one per round)
    Modifications: crank manual(0 cost) Burst Fire(2 cost) Flaw advantage pair:(overheat(1cp) and improved ammo capacity(1cp))
    Since a crossbow is made out of wood it might weight 4 lb instead of 6 lb
    And yes crossbows totally overheat!
    Anyway I think it is a boring joke weapon.

About sling modification I believe it does not increase the number of needed actions to reload so you just need to apply range increase twice and 0 times the faster reload also slings are light and not thrown so they deal 1d6 bludgeoning and have 30 feet range.
    So a sling looks like this(fear the halflings): light bludgeoning ranged weapon 1d6+str damage needs two hands to reload(but reloading is a non action) 90 feet range increment 1 ammo capacity
    Sling modification and two times increased range.
    Last edited by noob; 2017-05-24 at 12:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thanks, Swaoeaeieu! I'll still have to check for mistakes and/or differences in interpretation, but it really saves me a lot of work! I'll add it to the document (with my thanks) later... Probably not today, though. This week will be rough, so I'm not sure when I'll have the time to update this project.

In fact, I'll later add a Special Thanks page to show my appreciation for you, khadgar, noob and all others who helped me improve my work. Thank you, all of you.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2017-05-29 at 07:38 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

26. - Top - End - #236

PirateGuy

Thanks, Swaoeaeieu! I'll still have to check for mistakes and/or differences in interpretation, but it really saves me a lot of work! I'll add it to the document (with my thanks) later... Probably not today, though. This week will be rough, so I'm not sure when I'll have the time to update this project.

In fact, I'll later add a Special Thanks page to show my appreciation for you, khadgar, noob and all others who helped me improve my work. Thank you, all of you.
    Oh shucks, no need for the thanks. It wasnt actually that much work. they are all simple weapons after all (rimshot). And your system is easy to use, so kudo's to you once more Lemmy.

And if you need more examples, like the martial weapons, i might be willing to contribute to that list as well. just say the word.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello, everyone.

I'm sorry updates have been slow these last couple weeks. I'm fortunate to have people interest in my project and I truly appreciate all your feedback. These were rather busy days, though, so I wasn't able to update as oftne as I wished.

Hopefully, the next following days will be easier, and I'll once again add new ways for players and GMs to craft their own unique sharpened metal stick.
    Homebrew Stuff:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

did we get an update? so whats updated

29. - Top - End - #239

PirateGuy

did we get an update? so whats updated
    Lemmy just said he has not been able to update the past few weeks. But hopes to do so soon.
    So no, there is no new update.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well... to be fair, I did say I couldn't post as often as I wished, not that I wasn't able to post at all, although I only managed to find time to fix a few typos here and there... that's technically an update.
    Homebrew Stuff: