New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Vestiges Type II

I don't mind mashup gundam fanfic that's probably far more interesting than watching the shows themselves alternating with the planetouched. Even if they don't tie back together at some point they're both readable and from what I understand authors do better when they can switch off and work on whichever story they've got ideas flowing for at the appropriate pace.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

2. - Top - End - #302
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    And I'm sorry if anyone was bored (assuming anyone was reading) by the long Gundam battle sequence but I DID feel like I wimped out on the last space battle and wanted to do this one properly.
    ... You know, I really feel like I'm flipping back to a TV show I haven't seen in awhile every time Marlowe posts a comic in a thread I read.
    I get maybe 5 minutes of an episode for a show that's been on air for literally nearly a decade.

I'm sure all of this makes sense in some sort of context, but by and large much of it just goes over my head. Much like a poorly aimed gnome.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    I INSPIRE AWE IN MY ENEMIES BY SERVING THEM TEA.
    Awesome Avatar courtesy of Ava. Adopt an Avatar today!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban
    from what I understand authors do better when they can switch off and work on whichever story they've got ideas flowing for at the appropriate pace.
    The different character groups is specifically so I can work with different genre conventions and not get bored with any of them. The Tiefling group have a dark fantasy story going on, the Gundam crew are in a fairly hard space opera, the Random Zeon Chicks were originally supposed to find themselves getting involved in cyberpunk thriller sort of plots but as things have gone on they're heading towards something a bit weirder. There's other groups like the Inquisition Ladies, Team Hohenxanslar/X-Cell, Kycilia's group, and Reinforce (presumable stuck at home housesitting) I can cut to for more occasional gags. Eventually I do have a plan for at least a couple of these plots colliding, but by the time I get there I might decide it's silly. So we'll see.

Incidentally; regarding the punchline of the the next to last strip: Haman's Leitmotif what I probably should have linked then.

Because the thought that this is playing in the background of every scene with her today is amusing.

I still associate her with Silent Voice. for some reason.

I wonder if Milly Childer is annoyed that she didn't start to appear in the opening credits until after she'd stopped appearing in the show.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Incidentally; regarding the punchline of the the next to last strip: Haman's Leitmotif what I probably should have linked then.
    Is that what was playing? No wonder the guy they retrieved was nervous. I suppose Haman has had it playing so long she no longer notices it anymore.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

5. - Top - End - #305

... Eventually I do have a plan for at least a couple of these plots colliding, but by the time I get there I might decide it's silly. So we'll see.

Please oh please collide them. Especially if it's silly.
    Forseriously.

6. - Top - End - #306

Spoiler: And now for something completely different.
    Show

Remember; it's NOT a discussion of real-world politics or religion.

It's two characters who have no idea what they're talking about.

And I've decided Sophie's heritage is Finnish, so probably not what you're thinking.

7. - Top - End - #307

Spoiler: ARISE THOU THREAD AND WALK AS THE LIVING!!!
    Show

Sorry Judau, 12 panels is what we're mostly keeping to.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

so its time for my obligatory post between to marlowe comics so whats the next topic

out of topic I checked recent seasons main gundam and get strong vibes its like they want to make humanoid mobile suit without classic boxy frame style new meck looks like some thing came out of super robot wars

9. - Top - End - #309

Reserving this for a vestige in the works. It should, (hopefully), get finished tonight.

EDIT: Ta-da

Telyn, made from Mind and Magic

Born of a ritual gone awry, Telyn is a being of illusion and curiosity. He grants his binder the ability to call forth a servant from their mind, and an affinity for the powers of chaos and the mind.

Vestige Level: 3
    Binding DC: 23

Legend: In a great battle long ago, between wild magic and powers of the mind, tales tell of two vestiges that arose. Two foes so bitter that they still hold to their ancient enmity, a fact made plain to any binder foolish enough to contact both.
    It is rumored by few that their fight produced a third vestige, born of the mental energies and chaotic magic wielded that day. A simple being, granted mind and form, yet bound to exist only in the realm of vestiges. Akin to a child, it is rumored that this being, known as Telyn, dwells on that plane. It amuses itself with minor tricks and peers into the real world to sate its curiosity.

Special requirement: After tracing Telyn’s seal, a gold piece must be flipped into the seal. It may be recovered after the pact is complete.

Manifestation: As the coin falls and touches the pattern, it disappears and the seal’s surface appears to turn into gold, engraved with a strange pattern. A blue and purple mist rises from the ground around the edge of the seal, coalescing into a sphere resembling an eye, with a gold piece for a pupil.

It is said that if one studies the engravings, a picture of the battle between Magidin and Libro is shown. No scholar has reportedly seen the same image twice.

Sign: You bear an abstract tattoo somewhere on your person, seemingly painted on, fashioned from blue and purple paint.

Influence: You are always interested in finding out new things; if you have an opportunity to try something you've tried before you must unless doing so would be against your morals or is an immediate threat to your well-being.

Granted Powers:

The Makers’ Colors: While bound to Telyn, you may detect law and chaos as if using the psionic power Aura Sight. Law is shown through the color purple, and Chaos through the color blue. Furthermore, you may detect the presence (but not number, strength or location) of psionic and magical auras, as if under the benefit of Detect Psionics/Magic. You must show Teyln's sign to use this ability.

Born of Mind and Magic: While bound to Telyn, half of your binder levels (rounded down) stack with your soulknife levels for determining your Enhanced Mind Blade class feature. Sorcerers who are bound to Telyn, get a bonus to their caster level equal to half your binder level (rounded down). This can't increase your caster level beyond your character level. Furthermore, when you bind Telyn, choose a metamagic feat you qualify for. As long as you are bound to Telyn, you get that feat as a bonus feat and can use metamagic without increasing the casting time of your sorcerer spells.

Creativity (Sp): You may use an effect identical to the Major Creation spell as a standard action, at will, with an effective caster level equal to your binder level. You may only have one object created at a time, and the object lasts until you create another or Telyn is no longer bound.

Imaginary Friend: As a standard action, you may summon an imaginary friend, functioning as Summon Monster II. At Binder level 9, this ability becomes Summon Monster III. This increases to Summon Monster IV at 13 and Summon Monster V at 17. Only one creature may be summoned, not multiple from a lower level list, although a creature from a lower level list may be selected.

Starting at Binder level 6, Telyn’s Binder may select an astral construct Menu A choice to apply to the Imaginary Friend. At 12th level, Telyn’s binder may select a Menu B choice. At 18th level, Telyn’s binder may select a Menu C choice. A single Menu B choice may be swapped for two Menu A choices, and a Menu C choice may be swapped for two Menu B choices (only one of which may be swapped for two Menu A choices.)

The summoned monster lasts for a number of rounds equal to half you binder level.

Once this ability has been used, it can't be used again until 5 rounds after the duration elapses, though the summoned monster may be dismissed early, as usual.

People binding Teyln through the Improved Bind Vestige feat get the The Makers' Colors ability. If they have the Practiced Binder feat, they gain the Born of Mind and Magic ability as well.
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-10-19 at 09:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Reserving this for a vestige in the works. It should, (hopefully), get finished tonight.

EDIT: Ta-da

Telyn, made from Mind and Magic

I had a blast designing this with Libro. I hope y'all like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    I couldn't figure out who the Telyn vestige was made for, unfortunately.
    Supplemental to Libro + Digiman's vestiges in a sort of fused gestalt form created by their battle. So Libro + Digiman at once sort of.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

13. - Top - End - #313

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Supplemental to Libro + Digiman's vestiges in a sort of fused gestalt form created by their battle. So Libro + Digiman at once sort of.
    That would be correct. Apologies for not making that clear.

14. - Top - End - #314

Spoiler: Not awfully happy with this one.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    draconium you forget mine for yael name yael the ninja princess its around the zaydos's one probably one higher post

16. - Top - End - #316

Spoiler: Beat panels. Yo.
    Show

It's quite hard to make the Daughter much good at housekeeping and childcare.

17. - Top - End - #317

Spoiler: I wrote "Moral". "Moral" is what I meant.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground

stable marlowe comic looks like this episode is gundam intrigue episode

19. - Top - End - #319

Also; we haven't add a gif in a while so here's an animation of asteroid orbits. Green are Trojans, Reds are main belt.

I kind of feel for that one rock trapped around the L3 point. Everyone else just rushes by.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Figured I'd drop in and grant permission.

That is all. Totally no secret plots involving explosives hidden in posts here at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Eno said what I was going to say, better, and faster, too.
    Master Maker - Artificer Plus

Jr. Tormlet badge granted by LoyalPaladin. Always keep fighting the Good fight.

21. - Top - End - #321

BardGuy

There is a serious lack of gifs in this thread. We need to infuse this thread with gif lifeblood!

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    There is a serious lack of gifs in this thread. We need to infuse this thread with gif lifeblood!

realy haruhi suzumiya gif from bard ı know you guys are parties main face and maybe knowledge bot but I cant get the similarities between bard and bored omnipotent yandere reality warper she more of a marlove material then bards joke material

by the way she reminds me one of gm in this forum I let you guess her name but her current avatar is noir angel:)

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Did anyone ask for dancing anime characters?

Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

24. - Top - End - #324

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post

I think the one in the middle has a serious medical condition with her hips/legs.

Makes me cringe seeing the hips swing out and the knees turn in even if it is an optical illusion.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2016-10-27 at 03:39 PM.

25. - Top - End - #325

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    realy haruhi suzumiya gif from bard ı know you guys are parties main face and maybe knowledge bot but I cant get the similarities between bard and bored omnipotent yandere reality warper she more of a marlove material then bards joke material

by the way she reminds me one of gm in this forum I let you guess her name but her current avatar is noir angel:)
    Where do you think bard powers come from? We can literally warp reality through sheer Charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    I think the one in the middle has a serious medical condition with her hips/legs.

Makes me cringe seeing the hips swing out and the knees turn in even if it is an optical illusion.
    Optical illusion? I can do that also. It's not that difficult.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-10-27 at 11:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post

Well, the character in question is a shapeshifting lovecraftian horror, so... mission accomplished?
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

27. - Top - End - #327

BardGuy

Hey, if I were to make a Giant in the Playground file for HeroLab with all of the stuff we have made, who here would want to use it?

28. - Top - End - #328

Spoiler: This is why you should be careful what you write down.
    Show

There's also Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, but I far as I can tell they haven't lived in Australia since the 80s.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post

Jesus, the frigging biopic they made of me... they got my eye color wrong. >;l
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

30. - Top - End - #330

That shade of raddled yellow with bloodshot strippling is hard to do.

Spoiler: All very simple and at the same time rather complicated.
    Show

Toniya is annoyingly tall. It's like they drew a normal proportioned young lady and then added knee-high boots to her.