New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bel's Age of Worms [IC]

As Seramel touches the egg, it poofs into a cloud of dirt and muddy powder, before you stands a humanoid shaped figure of clay and dirt, it swivels it's head at you all, and frowns deeply.

"Hidz, sma qayw zmyry?" he barks out, challengingly.

Spoiler: For those who speak Terran
    Show

Halt, who goes there?

Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-02-15 at 04:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Fardus lets out a delighted squeal as the egg bursts into new shape! Listening intently, he answers.

Spoiler: Terran!
    Show
    "We are travelers and explorers and seekers of knowledge, ancient one. May I ask, what is it that you do here?"

3. - Top - End - #483
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seramal

"Wow Fardus! You speak Rock?"
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rose

Seeing the creature appear, Rose tentatively waves. "Uh, Hidz," she says, as if saying "hi."

"You understand this creature, Fardus? What's it saying?"

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Gently shouldering the sorceress back, he mumbles over his shoulder: "Yes, I do. Now shush!"

6. - Top - End - #486

Seramal

Pantomiming the somatic component of a silence spell, Seramal obediently hushes up.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rose

"Why does it want us to shush?"

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

The anthropomorphic rock-man tilted his head as the dwarf responded in its language.

"What is it that I do?" he repeats "I am a SLAVE!"

*this is in terran
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Fardus looks legitimately shocked. In Terran: "A creature of might and antiquity such as yourself, a slave???? That is inconceivable? Tell me, how could this be possible?"

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

The animated dirt raised an eyebrow, and regarded the dwarf.

"You wake me up, and then you want to drag my honor through the air like I am a lowly Mephit?" he yells, getting angry "Leave me be, before I send you on your way!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

In Terran: "Forgive me, noble Elemental! I meant no disrespect, and rest assured none of these with me can understand you. I sought only to understand, so that perhaps I could assist!
    One such as you has no place in servitude to another, particularly not locked within this plane here!"

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rose

"Sounds like you ticked it off. We should leave before this escalates."

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

You could tell it was winding up for a swing, but your words soothed it, surprisingly.

Narrowing its eyes he talks "This place has been empty for centuries, what are you and your kin doing here? I'd give my only boulder to leave this place..."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Still in Terran: "We are tasked with exploring and discovering the secrets of this place. Abandoned as you say for ages, there must be untold knowledge here, perhaps lost secrets to discover.
    It saddens me to see you trapped. I will seek the method to free you from this place! Some secret must exist."
    He pauses for a moment, considering. "You have been here long indeed. Is there anything that you can tell me about this place? I ask you, leave nothing out. The slightest thing might prove the key to your freedom!"

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

The animated mud smiled, it was an eerie thing, you could tell this was an evil creature of perverse pleasures, but the smile was genuine nonetheless.

"Free me?" he frowns and thinks, bringing up a hand to his head a strange image to be sure "Truthfully, I am not sure it can be done. But I will help, maybe..." he shakes himself "This place was built to honor a warrior of my time, called Zosiel" he spits, a sodden lump of moldy clay slams into the floor "by a Windduke called Nadroc, he died on the fields of Pesh. I know this, as I was there, on the fields when it happened. I was captured, enslaved to this room, asked stupid questions from annoying little breezes that don't respect the might of the mountain. There are 3 elevators, one is a trap, the sarcophagus too is a trap, avoid the pressure plate in the tunnel, that too is a trap, though, if you light the lanterns, it will only trigger once. There you will find the true tomb"

He pauses "My name is Artophanx. If you truly say you can release me, I will be indebted to you"
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-02-15 at 09:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

16. - Top - End - #496

Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    Rose

"Sounds like you ticked it off. We should leave before this escalates."
    Seramal

"Shh! I think I'm starting to understand! I'm bilingual, you see."

Watching intently, she tries to decipher the conversation through the body language and tone.

Spoiler: Sense!
    Show
    (1d20+1)[13]

"I think the rock guy is angry about something, and Fardus is trying to calm him down," she whispers helpfully.
    Last edited by redzimmer; 2018-02-15 at 07:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Terran: ”Artophanx, it is an honor to know you. I will do everything in my power to release you. Even should I fail to find the trigger immediately, I shall study and return to set you free. I give you my word, the word of Fardus Doerningsen.”

Over his shoulder, he addresses his companions.”This noble creature has given us much knowledge, and deserves our respect. I suggest we take our leave and return to the howling face. If the danger has not already passed, it soon will and we can proceed deeper into this tomb.”

18. - Top - End - #498

Seramal

"See Rose? Nothing to worry about."

Before she can say something to offend the "rock guy" Seramal follows Fardus back to the sarcophagus room.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rose

"Do you mind sharing that knowledge? It just sounded like a bunch of chewed gravel from out here."

Rose helps to lead the way back to the face.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Casper

"Stranger and stranger. What did the rock man have to say? I feel a bit out of my depth here, pun intended."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Having bowed respectfully to Artophanx and promising to return, Fardus recounts the conversation to the party as they make their way back to the chamber of lanterns and fire.

"...and this tomb was created in honor of some wind warrior named Zosiel! Such a curiosity. Oh, and apparently triggering the trap also disarmed it, seeing as we already lit all the lanterns." He waits patiently for his turn on the elevator, continuing. "I have promised to return and free it if I can... and I truly believe that I will find a way. Ah, here we are." He pauses, listening to see if the sound of the howling wind has changed.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rose

"If this Artophanx is what he claims, I'm sure the wizard would be most interested in questioning him. That would be quite the prize to bring back."

"The creature didn't tell you what happens if he tries to leave by chance, did he? I don't know much about magic, but I imagine that would help to figure out what kind of sorcery keeps it bound to that place."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

"I felt that, given its irritated start, it might be best not to test the edges of its captivity. That said, I do not believe that releasing it to a further captivity would be really in the nature of the agreement I made. That, and... well... I befriended it. I... I am conflicted."

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Rose

"That was your agreement. Not mine. Unless the rock knows more about what happened to..." Rose trails off. "Let's get to this true tomb."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

Fardus raises his eyebrow at Rose's words and tone. "Perhaps one day soon you will tell me what you seek. I am very knowledgeable, child.
    I may be able to help."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

"Perhaps not from one captor to another. Wizards often confuse me, but I see no reason this creature wouldn't be able to negotiate compensation for... his?" Tobul shrugs and continues. "Help. After all, he's intelligent enough to speak rather than blindly attacking everything he sees."
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

"I suppose we shall just have to wait and see. If I can free it myself,
    I have already given my word to do so. If I need the aid of another... then perhaps that will be between myself and the other. I do not think Artophanx will want to be in any form of servitude for some time."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Cyrius

The cleric, list in his thoughts as he thinks on the strange wonders of the tomb readies his weapons as the odd creature of rock appears. As Fardus appears to growl at it Cyrius is content to watch on in curiosity.

He glances at Rose and the others. "Strange do you not think. This tomb and all these wonders has been here for many years but no-one knows of them. Is it a twist of fate or luck?"

Following the others he is also glad the air has halted and readies to clamber up the chain after the others.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Narl

"A shame you didn't have time to translate as you spoke with the elemental," Narl comments, scratching his beard. "There are actually three name glyphs belonging to Wind Dukes here in the tomb. Now we know two of them - Zosiel and the architect, Nadroc - but the last name might also be significant. If not now, then perhaps later..."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Fardus the Dwarf

The portly dwarf nods, his beard rustling against his chain shirt. "A fair point. I was very focused on not angering the elemental at the time, however, and I feel that had I divided my attention it may have had less than pleasant consequences. The good is that Artophanx still rests below, and should we require more information we can simply return to him and ask!"

He tips an ear towards the blue lantern, checking whether the howling wind has subsided.