New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Spooktacular!

[Grand Hall]

Sophie winks and stretches.

"Stare away, darling. You know I like it. But yes, let's see what costumes everyone else came up with. The people of the Nexus are ever so creative when it comes to that."

Then the couple goes wandering, presumably.

Fayyaad, meanwhile, shrugs.

"If you say so. I've learned to take all this in stride by now. All the different people can make one's head spin. Tieflings like me seem surprisingly common, however."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Poison Gardens]

"Yeah I had just stepped out to get some fresh air. I was more drawn to the buffet set up inside and figured I should avoid it for awhile." Cait doesn't bow but while it is happening she discreetly hides her empty wine glass in the plants, careful not to touch any.

------------------

[Gallery Dance Floor]

"I guess it depends on the crowd you hang out with. I know tons of musicians and people in bands. And sometimes it seems like everyone here comes from a different world if not a different planet. What about you where do you come from?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Yeah, demons kind of... get around, in the Nexus. Most worlds have their own versions, and their kin can exist openly here, without being too afraid of persecution. Like our friend Marcus, I think he's part Erinyes." Victoria says.

"Yeah, poor guy. He's like... bright blue." Joel says, trying not to laugh. Victoria elbows him in the side.

"He can't help it, Joel. Anyways, Marcus was raised by one of the nicer churches around here. I've heard in most places, the churches will hunt down our kind."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Gallery Dance Floor]

"I guess it depends on the crowd you hang out with. I know tons of musicians and people in bands. And sometimes it seems like everyone here comes from a different world if not a different planet. What about you where do you come from?
    "Me? I was just raised Outside. Nowhere in particular, my family and their tribe are nomads. 'Course, with this leg, I couldn't go back to them now. But they're nice people. Super supportive when I became an adventurer."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Fayyaad's tail flicks.

"My ancestors weren't demons... they were devas. Servants of our god, Azher, The Lord of Flame. Such ancestry is a blessing among my people. It came as a surprise to me that tieflings from other worlds often make the opposite impression."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Grand Hall

Faye is picked up, and looks excitedly up at the lady in expectation of glorious scratches.
    Koshal is fine with his dog being handled if she is, though that leaves him without much to do aside from standing there awkwardly, shifting between his hooves.
    "So uh, is that a costume or is it just party-wear?" he asks, not making eye contact. It's not so odd, he supposes. He's heard of centaur tribes and similar creature cultures that don't really bother with forms of modesty. He does think wearing that might be a bit cold, though.
    Grand Hall

Misha scratches the pup with the back of her knuckles, running the soft, supple scales there across and behind the blink dog's ears, "It's a biological costume. Hybridized myself with a big ugly snake monster my pet killed and dragged home to create a whole new species. Not quite a lamia or a naga, and it definitely wouldn't thrive in the wild with the completely contrary immune systems, but good enough for one night worth of fun." Flicking her tail, she slides the dog forward so that the tip is less occupied and tries to encircle Koshal's waist with that, pulling her a bit closer to the tauric man.

"Nice costume, by the way. What's it from?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

Koshal would be very proud to be called a man, like plenty of teens. The minotaur's grip on his fake sword tightens a bit, but for now he doesn't object too much to being grabbed. Some people are just touchy. It's when they get really touchy that he gets uncomfortable.
    "Thank you. I made it myself. Mostly. It's from a game Uncle Krayger let me play once in the break room. I couldn't beat it." he admits.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Oh goodness, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to assume..." Victora apologizes quickly. "It's just that, yeah... most are demonspawn. Myself included."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

9. - Top - End - #279

Grand Hall

"Most games aren't really for beating. It's important to just enjoy the experiences you're given. Speaking of, do you know if they put out any food here? I could really go for a bite." Misha elevates herself to her tallest, abandoning Faye's scratches for a moment to try and spy any refreshment tables over the crowd, wobbling slightly on her tail as the extension makes her a little unbalanced.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"It's fine, you couldn't know," Fayyaad reassures her. "It is curious, isn't it, that people can share appearance and name, but not origins. Also, I've never seen a tiefling with wings."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

"I think there was food out in the garden over there." says the fuzzy teen, pointing.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Yeah, my brother and I have them. His are leathery, and I got feathers. Our mom's part Erinyes and part Succubus. Both have wings, so we got them too. A lot of tieflings don't have wings, though, unless they're bigger. We just got lucky, I guess." Victoria shrugs.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gallery Dance Floor]

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    "Me? I was just raised Outside. Nowhere in particular, my family and their tribe are nomads. 'Course, with this leg, I couldn't go back to them now. But they're nice people. Super supportive when I became an adventurer."
    "I bet you got to see all sorts of cool places traveling around. And I bet if you wanted to you could build a robot to carry you around." Ven says imaging a Sedan chair carrying robot with Sana lounging on it. Causing her to sing her giggle again.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [The Gallery]

Leah triumphantly and viciously smirks at Rebekah's nasty glare. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if Rebekah didn't spend so much time with one foot holding open the closet door. Too much estrogen for her tastes personally.

"I'll leave you two the dance floor then. Just try to keep what's left of your clothes on until the second date." Leah heads away to another part of the Gallery, though stays close enough to watch. Say what she might about Rebekah, her sister could be an incredible and passionate dancer whenever nervousness didn't completely cripple her. This will be entertaining. Whether it's through awe or through amusement at the crashing and burning remains to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [The Gallery]

"Indeed, I would very much enjoy the opportunity." Electra's smile does not waver, nor does the inviting look in her eyes, nor her extended hand. There is a calm, serene energy in her expression and posture, an island in a storm of emotion if Rebekah would choose to take refuge there. She seems to ignore Leah's parting comment, instead, staying fixed on Rebekah. "Shall we?"
    [The Gallery]

You know what would wipe that smug look off her dumb face? Fire. Rebekah thinks to herself that maybe Leah would learn a lesson about teasing if she incinerated all those modest clothes right off her body. Who does she think she is, with her self-righteous manipulations? Sibling pitted against sibling was the catalyst for the catastrophe that brought the catgirls back in time. But of course, if she were to bring this hypocrisy up the others would just side with Leah. They always do. Where does that leave her?
    Oh, right, getting seduced by a woman in a skintight blue suit during a Halloween costume party in a magic castle before she was even born. Focus, Rebekah! Brooding can always wait; just take your problems one at a time. So she takes the problem in hand and the offered hand in hand and there's something to be said about any port in a storm but gosh the hand in hand is so soft and oh no they're really going to dance how long has it been since she danced in heels what kind of dance is this going to be are there cultural nuances she's going to miss wait first just say something you've been staring for like days. Yeah. Just "yeah"? Monosyllabic replies are going to reduce the odds of stammering or biting her tongue, but come on Sailor Mercury. I mean yes, of course! Um, did you have a specific sort of dancing in mind...?
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [The Ice Garden - 5 to 6]

"I like sour things." Landon answers, edging up to the cauldron to see if the girls have overturned any new varieties. "What do you guys like?"

[The Ice Garden - Adults]

Sszinyon flicks back the edge of his robes and stares down at the child, frowning, all red face paint and spikes. He blinks a bit, before slowly taking a large step back to get out of her way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Ice Garden - 3 to 4]

"Brinika says drooids are nootral. I dunno what that means," Tuskfang says. "Can't we all be good guys? Then we dun have to fight."

"He's got five of them on my side," Reelshka explains. "One is Brinika, that I think you know. Then there are my brother's four kids. And two on his father's side, but they're not here. Brinika has a lot of cousins on her dad's side, though. He's got four siblings, and each of them has a few children."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

Cern is dismayed! He's got Jillian tugging at him, but he'd rather not go fighting anybody! D: He squawks, "I don't wann' play Laela's dumb game! What'sa point of being a bad guy anyways?" He glances between the other kids.

Gwydion stands off to the side, a silent observer. At least until he pipes up (in an entirely neutral tone), "More candy?"

[Ice Garden - Adults]

"Godda-- uh, dang,"
    Adir says. "Could give my brothers a run for it. They didn't leave you in charge of the whole platoon, did they, Reelshka?" The stag glances aside. "Ah, oh," he stoops, trying to scoop Laurana out of her stroller and tuck the little girl into his arm. He pulls off his silly mask, letting it dangle from his free hand as he bounces the baby. "Hey, junebug. Whatsmatter? Too noisy in here?" The stag tries to split his attention between the baby and the adults, smiling gently.
    [The Ice Garden - 5 to 6]

Laela slows in her rooting around to think about Landon's question. "Umm..." What does she like best. Maybe...

"Smarties!" Cora shouts, instantly drawing Laela's attention. Sure enough, Cora shows her a box of the colourful, candy covered chocolates. Laela instantly dives back in to find her own box!

"I like sour candies." Bastion adds. He starts to look for some of those right now, in fact. He stays clear of the two girls, though. They're just shoving candies aside left and right. Way too chaotic.

"Nooo, I can't be a good guy!" Jillian protests. She's Maleficent! And Maleficent is a bad guy! "Bad guys are lots of fun! Really!"

[Ice Garden - Adults]

Lucy smiles with her dad's big, infectious grin and drives her car past Sszinyon... Then she loops back around and tries to crash into his leg again!

Sakura has her eyes on Lucy, making sure she's not too much of a bother. "Oh wow, that's a lot of kids to keep track of if they're all in one place. And they're all here too?" Sakura smiles at the thought.

Laurana keeps fussing and whining, she presses her arm over her eyes and twists in Adir's grasp. Who knows what's wrong. babies are so hard to read sometimes!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Gallery Dance Floor]

"I bet you got to see all sorts of cool places traveling around. And I bet if you wanted to you could build a robot to carry you around." Ven says imaging a Sedan chair carrying robot with Sana lounging on it. Causing her to sing her giggle again.
    "Yes. One of the thing I remember most is when we camped near a lake with a waterfall, and I was one of the first to wake up that morning, and there was mist everywhere and it looked like something out of a novel.... it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen."
    Her ideal carrying robot would probably look like a miniature AT-AT with an armchair mounted on top.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Curious. Can they actually be used to fly?" Fayyaad asks. Seems like it'd be hard to lift an entire person...

"Bad guys get more candy?" Tuskfang sounds surprised. His tail wags. "Maybe... we could be bad guys just for Spook, so we get more candy!"

"Most of them." Reelshka nods. "There's a few other adults to keep track of them all. We're all used to it. Brinika is surprisingly good at wrangling them, too. And she tells me she did a good job with Tuskfang and your twins."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Used to be able to." Victoria admits. Her wings droop a little, thinking about her injuries. The left one moves stiffly. "I got hurt, though. But I think I found someone who can help."

[The Ice Gardens - 5 to 6]

"Here." Landon holds out a package of warheads out to Bastion. "I found a bunch earlier."

[The Ice Gardens - Adults]

Sszinyon's a bit surprised to find his foot run into again. He'd specifically moved to avoid this. "Child," He growls. "Stop that."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gallery Dance Floor]

Ven smiles at the description, her eyes unfocused as she pictures the scene in her mind. "That does sound beautiful." Ven says as the song they were dancing to starts to come to a end.

Who needs legs when you have robots tight?
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Fayyaad nods.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that person can indeed help you. Flying used to be a cloud-fancy to me, but then I found a flying carpet not long after coming here. Amazing, really."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Gallery Dance Floor]

Ven smiles at the description, her eyes unfocused as she pictures the scene in her mind. "That does sound beautiful." Ven says as the song they were dancing to starts to come to a end.

Who needs legs when you have robots tight?
    "Not as beautiful as few other things I can think of."
    Did I just say that out loud?
    The big problem with robots, of course, is that if some hotshot hacker comes along, you find that the robot is robbing banks and you're powerless to stop it....
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-11-04 at 07:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gallery Dance Floor]

"Like what?" She asks before she stops to think. Sana couldn't mean her right? That thought didn't even occur to her until after she asked. She stammers something like she is trying to take the question back but doesn't know how.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Grand Hall]

"You can call me Tina, or you can call me whatever, honey,"
    Fettina says, pleased that she made Anika laugh. "You don't mind it, I hope? The hitting-on? Because, just to warn you, it's gonna keep happening."
    [Grand Hall]

"I'm used to it by now." Anika muses. "And with this dress, well..." She gestures around the grand hall. "I feel kinda stupid though, should have realized most people were going undressed for this occasion. I should have gone with something more original." She turns to look at Tina again. "That's something you need to know about me, 'baby'. I am a sucker for the original. It's my sun and moon, forever destined an outsider." It sounds like she's quoting something. "But, 'Tina' huh? anything more I should know about you? Sounds like you're keeping all kinds of secrets."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[The Gallery]

Electra's hand folds gently over Rebekah's, her smile widening just a bit, as she starts to lead Sailor Mercury towards the Gallery's dance floor. Her calm demeanor is tinged with amusement, both in her eyes and in her voice as she answers Rebekah's question.

"The sort where you put your arm around me, I put mine around you and we move to the music, and perhaps get to know one another better as well. Waltz, foxtrot, perhaps a tango if the song is right, that sort of thing."

Rebekah will probably note that Electra's costume is very accurate in its markings; the large hot pink symbol emblazoned on her back is spot on, at least, whenever it's not being covered by her hair. It's actually rather thicker and longer than Samus' hair is, flowing down her back from the tie holding it like a river of bright, nearly white, gold, ending at the small of her back. That tight blue suit certainly accentuates the sculpted curves of her athletic build while providing a contrast to the lighter color of her hair. She moves with confidence and calm; apparently body-image isn't an issue for her, nor are the potential ramifications or problems that might arise from things going in a more romantic direction. Or at least, if they are, she's doing a very good job at hiding them.

"The music here is more suited for those sorts of things, rather than anything tremendously modern, don't you think?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Maybe." Maybe they were all a series of clones secretly unaware of each other's existence and all living lives of subterfuge and masks.

"We just met actually. But I did come for the party. I admit I probably should have stayed in the Grand Hall for a bit longer and scoped out all the sexy costumes, but the garden called to me." Metaphorically. I hope.
    [Poison Gardens]

"Yeah I had just stepped out to get some fresh air. I was more drawn to the buffet set up inside and figured I should avoid it for awhile." Cait doesn't bow but while it is happening she discreetly hides her empty wine glass in the plants, careful not to touch any.

------------------

[Gallery Dance Floor]

[Poison Gardens]

"I see. The gardens and the buffet do look both magnificent." Says Grace. Of course, concepts like 'air' and 'buffet' aren't really all that relevant to her anymore. But she can still appreciate them in theory. "Neither of you wouldn't happen to know the host of this party, would you? I think it would be interesting to meet them."

Grace gives Cait what could be interpreted as a knowing look after finishing her bow, as if saying that she had indeed noticed the attempt at subterfuge. Or maybe she's just looking at her. Kinda hard to tell with the mask.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-11-05 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Gallery Dance Floor]

"Like what?" She asks before she stops to think. Sana couldn't mean her right? That thought didn't even occur to her until after she asked. She stammers something like she is trying to take the question back but doesn't know how.
    "Well.... um.... you."
    Apparently Sana's rational mind has walked off the job and instinct is in the metaphorical driver's seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Meanwhile, Felandria sashays through the party, blowing kisses, distributing pheromones about, hoping to make some encounters.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Grand Hall]

Fayyaad nods.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that person can indeed help you. Flying used to be a cloud-fancy to me, but then I found a flying carpet not long after coming here. Amazing, really."
    "Oh, flying is so much fun." Victoria agrees. "I really do miss it."

"Yeah, you used to take us flying a lot, down the coast." Joel says. "Maybe we can do that again, once you're better."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Fayyaad raises an eyebrow.

"Should I take it to mean you carried him while flying? That's impressive."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Victoria colors slightly. "Oh, it's not too much trouble. I'd have a hard time carrying more than one person, but Joel's not too heavy. So long as he lays off the tacos."

"Hey! Pedro makes some really good tacos. It's not my fault I can't stop eating them." Joel looks hurt, but it's clearly an act.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel