New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Spooktacular!

[Grand Hall]

Cait is a young woman in her late 20's, tall at 5'10" and not quite skinny to the point of unhealthiness. One might guess that she doesn't care too much about her meals. Her hair has recently been dyed from blond to black, neither being her natural hair color. She stares back at Sana looking like she wants to tell her exactly how horrific. A little glint of insanity in her pale green eyes show that she could. Instead she lets out a slow breath and responds simply, "Yes. I came out to maybe have a good time tonight. So why don't we let the whole thing drop. Don't worry I won't pass out somewhere, I don't get that sloppy."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

Koshal puffs out his chest just a bit, unable to hide his pride.
    "Thanks. I cut most of it myself." he declares proudly, though he tugs at the cloak.
    "Just not this. Sewing is really hard."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Grand Hall

I can talk indeed. I can also do this... With the "this" out pops a basket full of little rice candies in the shape of skulls.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Really? My uncle and some of his co-workers made this fake armour for me and my cousins," Iknika says. "They're a collection of knights from a human story. Some are queens or wizards, though. And one of my cousins is... a Lady of the Lake. Who apparently appointed a king by throwing a sword at him. Weird."

"Wow. You're a magic kitty!" the goblin kid exclaims. "Where did that come from?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grand Hall

A relatively new person arrives at the grand hall, this is in fact the first time celebrating Anika was celebrating it in the nexus. It seems like another version of hallows end, just like their thankmas was another version of winter's veil. It was a interesting one for sure, she especially liked the fact you could dress-up as other people. Perhaps it was due to the whole shapeshifting thing, but she really enjoyed seeing things from other perspectives, and while a costume hardly was another perspective, it was still the idea of being someone different that intrigued her.

She had of course gone after a mage costume, a part of her was still pretty convinced that if she hadn't been raised as a druid then she would have totally become a mage. Of course, it hadn't been her ideal choice, sexy was fine and all, but this red dress was perhaps a bit too slinky for her. With the thigh-high slits up the sides and the plunging V-neck it almost felt too much. She was supposed to be a mage, not a stripper. Even all these dangling gold chains hanging around her neck seemed less mage-y and more nobel-y. At least she had her staff and mage hat.

With a few spells at her disposal, she could probably even make people believe she were a mage!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-10-13 at 02:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Grand Hall]

Cait is a young woman in her late 20's, tall at 5'10" and not quite skinny to the point of unhealthiness. One might guess that she doesn't care too much about her meals. Her hair has recently been dyed from blond to black, neither being her natural hair color. She stares back at Sana looking like she wants to tell her exactly how horrific. A little glint of insanity in her pale green eyes show that she could. Instead she lets out a slow breath and responds simply, "Yes. I came out to maybe have a good time tonight. So why don't we let the whole thing drop. Don't worry I won't pass out somewhere, I don't get that sloppy."
    [Grand Hall]
    Sana backs away.
    "Understood. I apologize if I pushed too far. I suppose it's instinct left over from years of mothering my adventuring companions."
    Unless stopped, she bows apologetically and slips away into the crowd.
    Well, you certainly messed that up, you idiot. When are you going to learn how to relax? Stupid, stupid, stupid. This is a party, of course people will drink. Perhaps it would be better to leave now.
    But in the end, she sticks around.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grand Hall>>Poison Gardens]

Cait bites her lip as she watches Sana retreat. She feels a little bad, wonders if she could have handled that better. She doesn't say anything instead taking her wine outside to catch her breath. She hopes the night air will help calm her down. She is determined to try and have a good time tonight, if that is the worst that happens it really wasn't that bad right?

Stepping out into poison gardens she quickly loses herself in the beauty of the dangerous plants. Her wine glass is fairly quickly drained.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]
    A flag with an eye-catching combination of red-and-white stripes and white stars on a blue field blows in a wind that isn't there, wrapping around a figure that isn't there either. It blows away, revealing a young lady dressed in a pale pink frock coat and matching trousers. Her bleached hair is long and straight but curls just at the ends.
    Behind her an actual ghost floats, its phantasmal corpus molded into the shape of some sort of incredibly buff hunkspirit with very tall pointy ear-like thingies.
    What. What even.

Carrie has arrived and she's trash.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Great Hall

Koshal nods."That's cool. My costume is from a game my uncle let me play once. He's one of the strongest guys in it and he has a wolf. Faye isn't very good at being menacing, though." he says, glancing at his dog.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Grand Hall]

"She's better tiny, anyway."
    Anchor goes to pat Keiko on her head, careful of the horn.

"I've been okay. Met this cool necromancer guy and we stole all the bones out of a graveyard, and I saw Rein again but the weather wasn't right. Fought some demons."
    She breaks into a smile.
    "Usual life. How about you guys?"

Then there's people to wave at.
    "Oh, Hi Koshal! Hey Fayaad!"
    The Nexus is such a small place sometimes.
    Keiko, as is still usual for her, wags her tail in a most undragonlike fashion

I'm great! The eggs should hatch any day now, and I haven't been out of the tower in weeks, but I'm so excited!

Katrina smiles at Keiko then looks at Anchor

Doing allright, but nothing really new - still second assistant head gardener, still driving the hover tank on training days, still running the Temple dating clubs. I need to find a new act for the full moon party, though: it's getting repetitive.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Ice Gardens]

Alni has found her way here, the little elf being dressed all in red, adding a horned headband, spade tail, and little trident to the bat wings and handbasket she always has. At first she amuses herself making faces at the gargoyles - they're not going to win! - but she glances more and more often at that spoooky presence in the corner.
    Maybe that costume is too scary after all.
    [Ice Gardens]

The spoooky presence consistently stares back at Alni. Or seems to. One could easily mistake said presence for another spoooky prop. What with its lack of moving, lack of heat, unwavering stare, and the fact that it isn't eating any candy. Even inhuman monsters and elder gods eat candy. This is probably just another sculpture.

[Grand Hall>>Poison Gardens]

Cait bites her lip as she watches Sana retreat. She feels a little bad, wonders if she could have handled that better. She doesn't say anything instead taking her wine outside to catch her breath. She hopes the night air will help calm her down. She is determined to try and have a good time tonight, if that is the worst that happens it really wasn't that bad right?

Stepping out into poison gardens she quickly loses herself in the beauty of the dangerous plants. Her wine glass is fairly quickly drained.
    [Poison Gardens]

Cait will have the pleasure or displeasure of metaphorically bumping into the other party goer admiring the picturesque foliage. A wild Ilpholin approaches. "Good evening. Nice... tentacles. They aren't fully functional, are they?" That would be dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Poison Gardens]

Cait grins and shakes her head letting the plush tentacles flop around. "Nope just thought my costume was a little lacking so I added them on."

Cait admires the Nymph's costume for a second. A little furrow appears in her brow as she tries to place it. "You're from a cartoon right? I mean the costume."
    Last edited by McBish; 2016-10-13 at 01:18 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Grand Hall

I'm a magic fox. Clearly. Xun replies as convincingly as she can manage. She smiles and nudges the basket of candy closer to the kid. Try one.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Iknika grins as she looks down at the dog, currently receiving a lot of attention from the two little goblin knights.

"She's too cute to be menacing. I'm Iknika, by the way. Iknika Flatear. This is just a costume now, but I might wear a real armour someday."

Meanwhile, the little goblin takes one of the candies Xun offered and tries it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

Koshal smiles.
    "It's funny because she really can bite. But I didn't bring my real mail. It's mostly for training, so it doesn't look all that good. And they probably wouldn't be happy with me if I walked in holding a real sword." he says with a shrug.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Grand Hall

The skulls turn out to be sweetened shaped rice filled a sweet-hot red jelly that goes squish as the child bites into the skull. Very spooky.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Grand Hall]
    A flag with an eye-catching combination of red-and-white stripes and white stars on a blue field blows in a wind that isn't there, wrapping around a figure that isn't there either. It blows away, revealing a young lady dressed in a pale pink frock coat and matching trousers. Her bleached hair is long and straight but curls just at the ends.
    Behind her an actual ghost floats, its phantasmal corpus molded into the shape of some sort of incredibly buff hunkspirit with very tall pointy ear-like thingies.
    What. What even.

Carrie has arrived and she's trash.
    [Grand Hall]

The Sailor Jupiter Catgirl walks over to Carrie. Hi! I like your costume, but I have no idea what it is. Is that a real spirit?

[The Gallery]

The Sailor Mercury Catgirl frowns at all the noise in the main area. Almost sensory overload for her. She slips away to The Gallery in search of a bit more quiet.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Iknika's ears perk up.

"You're training to be a warrior too? Well... I haven't started yet. But I will."

Her little brother munches on the skull.

"Mmm. That's pretty cool," he says.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

Koshal can't help but puff up a bit as he goes back to bragging.
    "Yep! I'm an official squire! Very official."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Grand Hall]

The Sailor Jupiter Catgirl walks over to Carrie. Hi! I like your costume, but I have no idea what it is. Is that a real spirit?
    Carrie tosses her ridiculous hair. "I'm the President of the United States, Funny Valentine. It's from a manga. Uh, the character, the United States is a real place, I think." She glances back at the ghost. "That's Jeb, he owed me a favor, so he's being my Stand for the evening. You're, uh, from a manga too, right? The one with the girls who're the moon and planets and stuff." Oh man, a fellow animu. And she's cute.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51

[Grand Hall]

Yeah, I'm supposed to be Sailor Jupiter. My sisters decided to go together as a theme, but we got separated. She waves vaguely towards the rest of the castle. I'm a bit more of a comics girl, but this looks so cute!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Carrie's ghostly cohort snags her some cider, which she sips as she tries not to notice how short the catgirl's skirt iiiiiiwhoops.
    "It, um, looks great on you---I haven't been able to pull off much of a girly look for years, so the last few Spooksmas celebrations I've come more or less in drag." Her free hand fiddles with one of the curls at the end of her hair. "I'm, uh, Carrie by the way."
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Poison Gardens]

Cait grins and shakes her head letting the plush tentacles flop around. "Nope just thought my costume was a little lacking so I added them on."

Cait admires the Nymph's costume for a second. A little furrow appears in her brow as she tries to place it. "You're from a cartoon right? I mean the costume."
    Poison Gardens

Ilpholin does a good job hiding her disappointment. The tentacles are never real when you need them to be.

"Ah yes. Avatar Korra. I'm not a big fan of watching television, but even some exceptions have to be made. She's one of the five shows I've seen." Ilpholin gives a bow of greeting. "I'm Ilpholin."

[The Gallery]

The Sailor Mercury Catgirl frowns at all the noise in the main area. Almost sensory overload for her. She slips away to The Gallery in search of a bit more quiet.
    The Gallery

Well she finds more quiet, but she also finds the catgirl that got here first! In a rather rare instance, the two seem to agree on something, namely that it's too loud in the Grand Hall. Priestess Catgirl approaches Sailor Mercury, a vulpine smirk on her lips.

"Cold feet Rebekah?" She glances down at Mercury's legs. "Or just cold?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #54

[Grand Hall]

Y'think so? Thanks! She stops trying to figure out how a ghost just picked up and delivered a physical object and beams. Wow, that's a bright smile. Nice ta meet you, Carrie. I'm Sarah! Sarah Vulpan.

[The Gallery]

Rebekah looks at her sister in surprise. Not too happy to see her, it seems. Or, at least, not too happy to see her like that. What the hell are you wearing, Leah? We all agreed to go as the characters from Sailor Moon. It's not fair that you're the only one without icy thighs.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Poison Gardens

Yeah in Cait's experience the tentacles are mostly real when you really wish they weren't. Though she could probably grow some herself if she wanted, she just really doesn't want real tentacles. Cait gives a little nod in response to the bow. What is it with people and bowing around here, makes her slightly uncomfortable though she keeps it hidden well. "I don't watch it all that often but sometimes I find myself stuck doing nothing for awhile and I can enjoy a nice binge. Nice to meet you Ilpholin, I'm Cait. So do you know my costume? Here let me give you a hint." She uses her index fingers to push her ears out exaggerating their size.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Y'think so? Thanks! She stops trying to figure out how a ghost just picked up and delivered a physical object and beams. Wow, that's a bright smile. Nice ta meet you, Carrie. I'm Sarah! Sarah Vulpan.
    Carrie blinks.
    Takes a bigger sip of the cider than she originally thought she'd need.
    "V---um, Vulpan, huh? I know a good few Vulpans, any relation to Tobias?"
    Damn you, father figure, and your endless supply of pretty girls to torture Carrie with.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

[Poison Gardens]

It's easier to murder someone with poison needles if you shake their hand. Bowing prevents this.

Ilpholin thinks for a long time, before giving up and shaking her head. "I'm afraid you have me at a loss. I just don't know. Who are you?"

[The Gallery]

"Rachel said that this is what Sailor Mars wears when she's not traipsing around half-naked." Leah strikes a pose. "I think it looks cute, don't you?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-10-13 at 08:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Poison Gardens]

"Don't worry about it. An a writer, he was pretty famous some worlds. Wrote stories about scary old gods, cults and monsters, and the people who fought them. All fiction where he was from apparently. I've found his books since I came to Nexus, he became a favorite of mine. Howard Phillip Lovecraft." She had worried no one would get her costume. Still she liked the way she looked in the form fitting suit. Plus it was easier to sneak in the her gun and flask with the suit coat then most costumes made for woman she saw at the store.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Keiko, as is still usual for her, wags her tail in a most undragonlike fashion

I'm great! The eggs should hatch any day now, and I haven't been out of the tower in weeks, but I'm so excited!

Katrina smiles at Keiko then looks at Anchor

Doing allright, but nothing really new - still second assistant head gardener, still driving the hover tank on training days, still running the Temple dating clubs. I need to find a new act for the full moon party, though: it's getting repetitive.
    Fox habits die hard, I guess. When you've had a wagging tail for all those years...

"Because it's super-exciting! I can't wait to meet them!"

Anchor gives Katrina a curious look. Head gardener can't be that competitive of a position.

"Clubs, plural? How many do you need? And do you not - I thought music groups and temples went hand in hand, you know?"
    She didn't finish the thought, but surely there's a rice choir or a fox brass section lying around.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-10-13 at 09:24 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #60

[Grand Hall]

Sarah's jaw drops and her pink eyes widen. Whoooaaa! Then she blinks and looks sheepish. Oh wait, why am I surprised people in this time know him? Eheh... Yes, Tobias Vulpan was my father. Will be, from your point of view.

[The Gallery]

I guess it does suit you.
    The catgirl sighs and makes one last half-hearted attempt to tug her skirt down before giving up. Looking flashy at a party isn't bad once in awhile, is what she tells herself more than her sister.