New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Maze]

Katrina laughs softly

She did specify "to mess with people". It does explain a story Freddie told me one time.

Keiko giggles

Not constantly, just a couple of little tweaks! Even I'm not that mean.

Looking at the maze, Katrina shakes her head and follows Anchor

Can't say I've ever wandered around a hedge maze of any sort before. Closest was probably the little straw-bale mazes at the harvest festival, but when the walls are only a foot high it's not really all that hard to figure out.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Spooktacular!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    (( I see now! You're one of those.... those.... PF switchers! *sniff* I don't even know you anymore.... ))

"Embarrassing stories sounds fun. You go first."
    Sana begins walking towards the snack table.
    Patti taps her chin thoughtfully. "Well lets see what's a good one? Oh I know, once Ven nearly joined a witch coven. Ven glances over at them hearing here name.

"Hey you talking about me?"

"No. Patti says nodding a affinitive and still holding onto Sana's arm leads her a little farther from the younger woman who just sighs and goes back to admiring the ice sculptures. "This was before she joined my band. She thought she was going to be at a choir audition.

((You didn't even know me then. :P))
    Last edited by McBish; 2016-10-28 at 01:25 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Patti taps her chin thoughtfully. "Well lets see what's a good one? Oh I know, once Ven nearly joined a witch coven. Ven glances over at them hearing here name.

"Hey you talking about me?"

"No.. Patti says nodding a affinitive and still holding onto Sana's arm leads her a little farther from the younger woman who just sighs and goes back to admiring the ice sculptures. "This was before she joined my band. She thought she was going to be at a choir audition.

((You didn't even know me then. :P))
    ((Hey, now. No need to get personal.))

"A coven being mistaken for a choir audition? Well, I suppose it's my turn. The party was at an inn, and I was in charge of keeping them from overdrinking, so when I saw one of them with a drink in hand, I kicked it out of their grasp. Then they turned around, and it was someone else. I slept outside that night."

Sana examines the food, trying to decide what to select. She takes no notice of the arm, assuming that Patti is in a relationship with Alex.
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-27 at 06:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ice Castle]

Patti doesn't seem to put much thought in what she is eating. She just grabs some snacks and pops them in her mouth. "Yeah Ven is a little naive sometimes."

"You kicked it? That is hilarious."
    Patti has an easy and musical laugh that comes out as she pictures a little ninja hopping around a bar kicking and chopping drinks away from people. Sure it probably isn't how it went down but it is fun to picture it this way.

Ven glances over at the two of them hearing Patti's laugh. She narrows her eyes wondering what Patti is saying about her. She starts to head over as Patti grabs a cup of cider and offers it to Sana. "So Sana what do you do for fun?"
    Last edited by McBish; 2016-10-27 at 07:01 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ice Castle]

Patti doesn't seem to put much thought in what she is eating. She just grabs some snacks and pops them in her mouth. "Yeah Ven is a little naive sometimes."

"You kicked it? That is hilarious."
    Patti has an easy and musical laugh that comes out as she pictures a little ninja hopping around a bar kicking and chopping drinks away from people. Sure it probably isn't how it went down but it is fun to picture it this way.

Ven glances over at the two of them hearing Patti's laugh. She narrows her eyes wondering what Patti is saying about her. She starts to head over as Patti grabs a cup of cider and offers it to Sana. "So Sana what do you do for fun?"
    Picture those old martial-arts movies, where the hero would fight his way out of a circle of enemies by attacking them one at a time. It was pretty much like that.
    "Me? Well, I don't have a lot of free time, but I like to take walks in the woods. Reminds me of my childhood, plus my job is just staring at a computer screen. And you?"
    Sana accepts the cup and starts sipping at it.
    "Mmmmmmmmmmm, that's good."
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-27 at 07:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ice Castle]

Patti grabs two more ciders handing one to Ven as she joins them. "Well besides playing music, I like going to see concerts. I love to dance. Which we are going to have to do later tonight." She gives a pointed look at Ven who shrugs.

"You can dance all you want but you'll have to drag me out there." Patti gives a grin like she would do just that.
    Last edited by McBish; 2016-10-27 at 08:03 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ice Castle]

Patti grabs two more ciders handing one to Ven as she joins them. "Well besides playing music, I like going to see concerts. I love to dance. Which we are going to have to do later tonight." She gives a pointed look at Ven who shrugs.

"You can dance all you want but you'll have to drag me out there." Patti gives a grin like she would do just that.
    "Never fear, Ven. I shall dance in your place." Sana intervenes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Ice Garden - 3 to 4]

Cern is dismayed! He's got Jillian tugging at him, but he'd rather not go fighting anybody! D: He squawks, "I don't wann' play Laela's dumb game! What'sa point of being a bad guy anyways?" He glances between the other kids.

Gwydion stands off to the side, a silent observer. At least until he pipes up (in an entirely neutral tone), "More candy?"

[Ice Garden - Adults]

"Godda-- uh, dang,"
    Adir says. "Could give my brothers a run for it. They didn't leave you in charge of the whole platoon, did they, Reelshka?" The stag glances aside. "Ah, oh," he stoops, trying to scoop Laurana out of her stroller and tuck the little girl into his arm. He pulls off his silly mask, letting it dangle from his free hand as he bounces the baby. "Hey, junebug. Whatsmatter? Too noisy in here?" The stag tries to split his attention between the baby and the adults, smiling gently.

[Grand Hall]

"O-oh. Well. Then I'd be lyin',"
    Fettina says, smiling. "And whaddya mean, could have had?" The neon girl tries to slide closer to Anika again, looking her in the eyes. If she's allowed, she'll gently slide her hand along the kaldorei's arm. "We can still have all kinds of fun."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ice Garden]

"Well aren't you just the sweetest. But don't let Ven off the hook that easily. She is a great dancer she just doesn't want to have any fun."

Ven sticks out her tongue at Patti then grins. "I am having plenty of fun."

"Not yet honey but we will get there." Patti says quietly with a sly smile and a wink.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ice Garden]

"Well aren't you just the sweetest. But don't let Ven off the hook that easily. She is a great dancer she just doesn't want to have any fun."

Ven sticks out her tongue at Patti then grins. "I am having plenty of fun."

"Not yet honey but we will get there." Patti says quietly with a sly smile and a wink.
    "Well, if we want to dance, we should go where there's good music. Where do you recommend?"
    Sana chooses to ignore the wink, reasoning that it's probably something private.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

"Until your date arrives, you mean?" Anika muses as she slides out of Fettina's grip and playfully puts a finger against the other woman's chest. "Don't tell me that you haven't considered other possibilities than just gender changing? I'm limited to animals, but you, you can probably do all sorts of things with your body, can't you?" She tries to look Tina in the eyes, smiling in amusement.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Gallery]

Leah glances over and looks Electra up and down. While she manages to bite back her actual response, the quiet tsk that escapes her and the look she gives suggests that she does not approve.

"Supposedly there's more than four, but I've been told we're the main ones." It's almost the same thing really.

The catgirl wiggles in place at Rebekah's insistent tapping, trying to get the finger to stop. "I'm Leah and this is Rebekah. Nice to meet you." She offers her hand to shake.

Leah tilts her head towards Rebekah, moving her ear as if listening to some extremely quiet whispering that Sailor Mercury is doing. "Oh. My sister wants to know if you're here with someone. She's been looking for someone to dance with." Oh hey, what? One minute Leah's in front of Rebekah slightly and the next, she's behind Rebekah, blocking her escape route and prodding her forward.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-10-28 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ice Garden]

The wink is a callback to a earlier conversation between the two of them. And it does cause Ven's air sacs a fluttering. Before she figures out how to respond Patti answers Sana.

"Oh this is the only party tonight. But my favorite club in town is the Evershifting I. It's a great club. We actually have a gig there in a couple of weeks.

Now I should probably mention something. Anyone closly watching Ven and Patti might notice something. That something being that Ven seems to adore Patti. When Sana offered to dance in her place the tiniest bit of jealousy could be seen in Ven's eyes.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ice Garden]

The wink is a callback to a earlier conversation between the two of them. And it does cause Ven's air sacs a fluttering. Before she figures out how to respond Patti answers Sana.

"Oh this is the only party tonight. But my favorite club in town is the Evershifting I. It's a great club. We actually have a gig there in a couple of weeks.

Now I should probably mention something. Anyone closly watching Ven and Patti might notice something. That something being that Ven seems to adore Patti. When Sana offered to dance in her place the tiniest bit of jealousy could be seen in Ven's eyes.
    How terribly (in?)convienent that Sana does not have an especially high Wisdom score. Or good 'people skills'. (Except when determining when someone is drinking due to social anxiety )
    "Ah. In that case, it would be best to return to the Geand Hall or Gallery. Although I suppose there's music playing everywhere, it's just that those two locations have dance floors."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Grand Hall]

"Until your date arrives, you mean?" Anika muses as she slides out of Fettina's grip and playfully puts a finger against the other woman's chest. "Don't tell me that you haven't considered other possibilities than just gender changing? I'm limited to animals, but you, you can probably do all sorts of things with your body, can't you?" She tries to look Tina in the eyes, smiling in amusement.
    Grand Hall

Fettina grins. "Lady, you got no idea." She hops up beside Anika. "This is great! You're just like me! You really oughta meet my date, something tells me you'll hit it off." The neon girl winks at her. "Who ever said a date can't be between three people, hm?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Ice Garden]

Well Ven would find it very convenient if no one noticed her apparent infatuation. Patti takes Sana's arm and slowly starts to walk back towards the castle. "Any floor is a dance floor. But I suppose we will be more likely to find ourselves more partners near the designated areas." She says with a mock sigh. "Plus we should probably make sure Alex hasn't bum rushed the stage yet to try and take over."

Ven follows along with them. "So Sana what kind of robots do you work on?"

-------------------

[Grand Hall]

Alex hasn't rushed onto the stage. Instead channeling his inner Mr. Universe and maybe on some sort of mind altering substance he had earlier he is rocking out by himself on the dance floor. Lucky he made sure his wig/bald cap was secured tightly on his head, otherwise that long hair he is swinging around would have flown off long ago.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ice Garden]

Well Ven would find it very convenient if no one noticed her apparent infatuation. Patti takes Sana's arm and slowly starts to walk back towards the castle. "Any floor is a dance floor. But I suppose we will be more likely to find ourselves more partners near the designated areas." She says with a mock sigh. "Plus we should probably make sure Alex hasn't bum rushed the stage yet to try and take over."

Ven follows along with them. "So Sana what kind of robots do you work on?"

-------------------

[Grand Hall]

Alex hasn't rushed onto the stage. Instead channeling his inner Mr. Universe and maybe on some sort of mind altering substance he had earlier he is rocking out by himself on the dance floor. Lucky he made sure his wig/bald cap was secured tightly on his head, otherwise that long hair he is swinging around would have flown off long ago.
    "Well, I modeled my personal robot after one of my adventuring companions, Lanjin Soilsifter. He was a tunneling gnome and a weremole, so Lanjinbot can transform into a mole-like form. Ironically, Lanjinbot mostly works in the Hunting Grounds, which is also where actual-Lanjin lives. He thinks it's hilarious; greets Lanjinbot every time they meet.
    My job, though, is just programming. Mostly for robots' 'profiles'- how they speak, their mannerisms, personality, that sort of thing. It's kind of like building a person from scratch."

As the trio approaches, Sana scans the hall for Alex.
    "Well, he hasn't 'bum-rushed' the stage, but he certainly seems to be enjoying himself."
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-28 at 05:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Patti smiles as she watches Alex dancing like a fool. She makes no move to go out and join him just yet.

"Wow. That is so cool. And you built a robot that could tunnel through the ground?"

"The Hunting Grounds? That is the part of the wilderness where all the adventures go to hunt and find treasure right?"

"So you built a treasure hunting tunneling robot? That is awesome." Ven says sounds very impressed.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Fayyaad, the tiefling dressed as a phoenix, continues to wander the hall and mingle with other guests. Anyone can run into him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Grand Hall]

Patti smiles as she watches Alex dancing like a fool. She makes no move to go out and join him just yet.

"Wow. That is so cool. And you built a robot that could tunnel through the ground?"

"The Hunting Grounds? That is the part of the wilderness where all the adventures go to hunt and find treasure right?"

"So you built a treasure hunting tunneling robot? That is awesome." Ven says sounds very impressed.
    Sana blushes. She doesn't get a lot of compliments.
    "Um, yes. The way it works is that his hands are miniature drills. And yes, he's a.... treasure hunting robot. Doesn't find much, but it's fun anyways. And when I need to be present in.... potentially dangerous situations.... he does that for me."
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-28 at 07:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

21. - Top - End - #201

Grand Hall

Anika laughs. "I'm pretty sure that I'm 'like you', I don't even know what to call you now. What gender do you see yourself as? I'm not really used to being hit on by so many women, no one did it back home."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-10-28 at 09:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Maze]

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    Katrina laughs softly

She did specify "to mess with people". It does explain a story Freddie told me one time.

Keiko giggles

Not constantly, just a couple of little tweaks! Even I'm not that mean.

Looking at the maze, Katrina shakes her head and follows Anchor

Can't say I've ever wandered around a hedge maze of any sort before. Closest was probably the little straw-bale mazes at the harvest festival, but when the walls are only a foot high it's not really all that hard to figure out.
    Down the right-hand hedgerow, then left - best to stay on a line to head for the center, right?

"Can't say that I've been in one either. This is quite a production, though, isn't it?"

Around another bend and they find a cluster of grinning jack-o-lanterns marking a dead end.
    Anchor pouts.
    "Well, gotta have lots of wrong turns, right?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203

NinjaGuy

[The Gallery]

Electra's grin is friendly and warm to both of them, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Interesting, I was curious because you're the first two I've seen. I must admit I don't know much about the show aside from which Sailor is which; my sister was more of a fan than I was."

Her grin widens into a warm smile as Leah extends her hand, seeming to ignore the catgirl's wiggling due to her sister's ministrations. Electra takes it and shakes it with a firm grip.

"I'm Electra. Pleased to meet you both." She blinks in surprise as Leah poses the question for Rebekah, and then blocks her sister in. Finally, she chuckles, then smiles warmly at Rebekah. "No, I'm not here with anyone, I just came to enjoy the party and meet new people." She rises from her seat, and gently offers Rebekah her hand, continuing to smile warmly, fixing the blue-eyed catgirl with an inviting look from her own deep blues. "But I'd be delighted to dance, if you'd like."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Grand Hall

"Come meet me and Riss in the gallery in an hour or so, and we'll get you some directions, or a phone number or a map or something. Ooh, I should go ask Riss if she can spin a map out of silk with her new arms. Toodles!" Without warning, Misha will give the two a wave, mindful of not trying to suddenly hug an involved couple or a half-fiend, and slither off slowly to go find Riss, possibly meeting someone else along the way if anyone's interested in bumping into the bubbly, shiny lamia-looking nereid.
    The nereid might walk past Koshal as the teenage minotaur walks by, dexterously flipping his foam sword in his hand as he looks for sweets. His blink-pup pads beside him, stopping every so often to sniff at a stranger's feet.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    Sana blushes. She doesn't get a lot of compliments.
    "Um, yes. The way it works is that his hands are miniature drills. And yes, he's a.... treasure hunting robot. Doesn't find much, but it's fun anyways. And when I need to be present in.... potentially dangerous situations.... he does that for me."
    Well Ven is a pretty big fan of science fiction, and rarely meets anyone that works if a field so closely related to that so she is suitably impressed, and curious. "That is cool. So can you see through it's, his eyes? And did you build it and program it?"

Patti seems to only half be paying attention to them as she scans the large room and admires all the costumes.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Maze]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Down the right-hand hedgerow, then left - best to stay on a line to head for the center, right?

"Can't say that I've been in one either. This is quite a production, though, isn't it?"

Around another bend and they find a cluster of grinning jack-o-lanterns marking a dead end.
    Anchor pouts.
    "Well, gotta have lots of wrong turns, right?"
    Keiko nods

Yep! No fun if it's too easy!

Katrina chuckles and sniffs a few times to see if there might be any clues in the scent of the place.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well Ven is a pretty big fan of science fiction, and rarely meets anyone that works if a field so closely related to that so she is suitably impressed, and curious. "That is cool. So can you see through it's, his eyes? And did you build it and program it?"

Patti seems to only half be paying attention to them as she scans the large room and admires all the costumes.
    "Yes and yes. I can also speak as him if necessary and control his actions. But he's perfectly fine on his own as well.
    Do you have any experience with robotics?"
    Sana asks. "You certainly seem to know a lot about it."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gallery]

Ven shakes her head. "No not really. We had robots growing up. But they weren't really all that advanced like the stuff I see around here. We had farm equipment that could run itself basically. I can use a computer for some basic stuff but that is about as technical as I get. I can't imagine what it would take to build and program a robot."

Ven pauses before admitting tugging down the skirt on her Star Trek uniform. "I like sci-fi, so most of what I know is fictional."

Patti smiles and wonders if she should leave the two alone. She isn't very interested honestly. But she is happy to see Ven hitting it off with someone. And there is always Alex's crazy dancing to watch.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Gallery]

Ven shakes her head. "No not really. We had robots growing up. But they weren't really all that advanced like the stuff I see around here. We had farm equipment that could run itself basically. I can use a computer for some basic stuff but that is about as technical as I get. I can't imagine what it would take to build and program a robot."

Ven pauses before admitting tugging down the skirt on her Star Trek uniform. "I like sci-fi, so most of what I know is fictional."

Patti smiles and wonders if she should leave the two alone. She isn't very interested honestly. But she is happy to see Ven hitting it off with someone. And there is always Alex's crazy dancing to watch.
    "Oh. There's no need to be ashamed of that. Often fiction can hold many truths."
    Then it's Sana's turn to pause.
    "If you'd like, I could try to teach you how some basic robotics skills."
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-29 at 07:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Gallery]

"Oh I don't know, I don't have a lot of time. And I doubt I would be any good at it."

"Oh come on Ven we aren't rehearsing as often as we used to. I am sure you can find some time. You can't be working all the time."

Ven shrugs noncommittally and mumbles something barely audible and in a alien language. The truth is Ven spends several free nights sitting around sewing and watching TV. She does work a lot of hours at her job but mostly by choice. "I guess if you really have the time that would be cool. I really don't know if I would be any good at it."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?